Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 10, 2004, 15:29
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 20596

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Dress Code Jul 8, 2005, 09:26 Patrick

Reminds me of the "Must check weapons" scene in Mad Max.

Patrick

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Original Half-Life Nov 17, 2004, 11:51 Patrick

I know this is heresy, but I never actually finished HL. Now I cannot find the CD to try again. Anyone know of a link to a synopsis of the events that unfolded in the original? Is there a flashback or anything in HL2? I tried Google, but I'm having trouble finding anything other than "climb the ladder, shoot the alien"-type walk throughs.

Thanks,
Patrick

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Some different feedback Apr 10, 2004, 11:30 Patrick

Well put, trog.
I'm a primary care physician and always recommend against it when patients ask. Sure, the risk of complication is low, but it is elective, and it's YOUR EYES at risk. A few years ago, an associate editor of the LA Times lost vision in one eye. Many have trouble with color perception and night-driving afterwards.
I understand why optometrists (non-surgeon eye docs)rarely recommend the surgery - because they will no longer be able to sell you frames, lenses, and contacts. For several years, anyway. But how come none of the attending ophthalmologists or ophtho residents (surgeons and surgeons-in-training) I know are willing to have it done?
LASIK turns your mammalian-shaped eye into an amphibian-shaped eye. Maybe it doesn't matter in the long run, but for the majority of people vision is the sense we are most dependent on. Why risk it? Glasses/contacts really aren't that bad.

Patrick

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo