Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5568 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 12, 2016, 21:56 Mr. Tact

Bad customer service from Comcast is hardly news, more like standard operating procedure...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 12, 2016, 21:51 Mr. Tact

Actually semi-interesting...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Man blows $1m on Game of War Dec 12, 2016, 21:50 Mr. Tact

Okay, what I want to know is what did that get him? Since I've never played a game on my phone, I have no idea how this stuff works. Is there a world-wide ranking system and he could/might have bought his way to the #1 ranking or something?  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
16. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 15:09 Mr. Tact

Yep. Makes me happy I was one of those people who had day one problems, and couldn't even launch the game. Refunded by Steam. Best failure I ever experienced.  

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 20:35 Mr. Tact

Being rich fixes that issue a lot of the time too -- plenty of examples of that.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
30. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 11:44 Mr. Tact

Haha, just watched a video from a guy I watch occasionally talking about the complaining all the YouTubers are doing. I think he hit the nail on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbUJxuYqRQk

28. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 11:30 Mr. Tact

BTW -- on the topic of YouTubers..

I would encourage anyone who watches a particular YouTuber on a regular basis to support them via Patreon, assuming they are signed up and not in the YouTube top 100 earners. A single dollar once a month is more money to them than hundreds of hours of views assuming you aren't running an ad blocker. I'm currently supporting five people I watch on a semi-regular basis for a total of $9 a month.

26. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 11:20 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 11:05:
How awesome their life is they have to complain about working 2 hours a day and making MILLIONS. boooohoooo.
While I agree in general with the sentiment, the work required to post quality YouTube videos is generally underestimated. Especially for Let's Play posters who play many hours and edit it down to a palatable 20-30 minute video.

Do not mistake this as a defense for PewDiePie...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2016, 10:53 Mr. Tact

Unless we get an unforeseen or at least unexpected scientific discovery/break-thru -- interstellar travel is many centuries away. As far as I know, there's nothing on the the blackboard that gets us anywhere close to it.  

10. Off-topic movie review Dec 11, 2016, 09:33 Mr. Tact

Went and saw "Nocturnal Animals" last night. Very disappointing, I'd suggest if you think you are interested, wait for it to hit the movie channels, Amazon Prime, Netflix, whatever. A couple of non spoiler comments:

1. The opening scene is meaningless and something 98+% of the audience would rather not see.

2. You don't (IMHO) get the film indicated in the trailer.

3. One positive, I thought Jake Gyllenhaal gave a good performance. It wasn't enough to save the film.

17. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 00:21 Mr. Tact

And just think, one of the main guys behind Breitbart is the right hand man of the President elect! Fun, fun! I'm sure that will turn out to be a fantastic deal for everyone!  

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 10, 2016, 13:39 Mr. Tact

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -- which that is, I'm not sure...  

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Dec 10, 2016, 12:52 Mr. Tact

Nope, I meant computer games. Specifically games available on the University of Illinois computer system PLATO. The precursor to most everything you see on the Internet today -- forums, person to person chat, multi-person interactive games. Basically we were doing that starting in the late 70s and laughed our collective asses off at the "creation" of these things on the Internet.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2016, 12:47 Mr. Tact

Yep, clearly a touchstone and a turning point in computer gaming. It is difficult to think there will ever be anything like it again in computer gaming.  

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 10, 2016, 12:45 Mr. Tact

I've never understood the attractiveness of being famous. Rich? Sure, having enough money to do whatever you want is a total win, but being famous? It always looked like a pain in the ass to me.  

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 9, 2016, 23:29 Mr. Tact

As I've said before... if it wasn't for the fact that people have been saying this or that thing, which was popular with young people, was an indication of the end of all things for oh... probably since language was invented. I would say it about this kind of thing. I've tried watching PewDiePie and some of the other ultra popular YouTubers and almost without exception, find them mind numbingly stupid. And I'm clueless as to why anyone would watch anything they make more than once. *shrug* Apparently my status as a Curmudgeon is not in jeopardy...  

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 22:03 Mr. Tact

This is nothing new. I know people who ruined their college education (a.k.a. -- failed out) over computer games in the 1980s. And I'm sure people were getting addicted to one thing or another and dropping out long before then.

Yes, it happens. Is it a major problem? Pretty sure it isn't.

14. Re: Worst air pollution in ten years? Dec 9, 2016, 08:56 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 23:33:
Anyone who has ever stood beside a fucking diesel powered car knows that diesel is NOT cleaner. Sure, it may have fewer CO2 emissions, which helps with the greenhouse effects, but the nox emissions are through the roof, and that's (partially) why all these major cities in Europe (and elsewhere) are now suffering from all this god-awful smog.
I have to say I've always wondered about the talk about clean diesel because my experience is as you indicate, that it sure didn't seem clean. But I just figured my experience was limited and I've never bothered to investigate the situation.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2016, 23:55 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 19:16:
Removing Pubic Hair Linked To A Heightened Risk Of STIs.

Did anyone read this story? It's hilarious!

They've come up with all these euphemisms: "extreme groomers," "high frequency groomers" etc.

I didn't read this particular article, but I had already read another one on the subject. The study was brain dead and only marginally "scientific". Click bait.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2016, 17:18 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:23:
In 1938 Time magazine named Hitler man of the year, donny is in good company.
If I remember correctly, the criteria is person most news worthy -- both of them certainly qualify.

5568 Comments. 279 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo