Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6673 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 16:46 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 15:42:
Did anyone else hear about NFL commish Roger Goodell's contract negotiations? $50M a year and lifetime use of a private jet.
They had already paid him over $40m in 2012, although it was down under $40m in 2013 & 2014. Unfortunately, since the NFL offices gave up their "non-profit" status, we won't be getting that information any longer, unless they release it. However, even with that information I have a hard time figuring out if Goodell is an idiot for not sitting quietly while he is making $30m or if he is a genius for thinking, "Hell, if they paid me $40m before why wouldn't they pay me $50m now?" Either way he definitely has some serious balls....

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Leonardo da Vinci Painting Sells for $450.3 Million Nov 16, 2017, 13:36 Mr. Tact

Incredibly, the provenance on this painting is a bit shaky. Depending on the expert you ask it seems it is anywhere between "it is possibly" a da Vinci to "it is likely" a da Vinci. I haven't heard anyone say it definitely was. This is on top of the fact it is known to have been "heavily" restored. But no one seems able to qualify what that means or provide a photo of the painting prior to the restoration. The art world is pretty insane...  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 12:52 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 12:40:
Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 12:29:
Man the sexual harassment apocalypse continues. This time it's Al Franken.
Shit, that's a bummer. WTF, Al??? He does good work otherwise. Surprised it came so late in his career, as i mentioned before, I would have assumed there'd be skeletons there from when he worked at SNL.
*sigh* definitely a bummer. Although it will put the GOP in a tough position... if they want to condemn Al, makes it hard to take a pass on Moore (and Trump) but I imagine they will try anyway.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 11:50 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 11:35:
Patriotic American's(nsfw)
In 35+ years of owning vehicles I have never had a bumper sticker on one. I'm thinking about getting one of these...

Although, considering it for a couple of minutes -- I think I'd prefer if it said, "if you voted for him"..

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2017, 12:01.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 11:05 Mr. Tact

"in charge" is probably an overstatement, it is more like "is barely holding on"...  

News Comments > StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm
6. Re: StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm Nov 15, 2017, 21:50 Mr. Tact

Is the launcher showing you own SCII? If so, drop a ticket to Blizzard.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm
4. Re: StarCraft II: How Wings of Liberty Owners Can Claim their Free Heart of the Swarm Nov 15, 2017, 21:41 Mr. Tact

YourNick wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 21:39:
I bought the original Starcraft 2 many years ago, but I don't see an upgrade gift option for heart of the swarm.
It shows up in the Battle.net launcher. There is an icon in the upper right...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 15, 2017, 21:39 Mr. Tact

Yeah, well -- I figured either that or he misread it, and I didn't want to bother looking at his previous posts in case he had not misread it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 15, 2017, 21:08 Mr. Tact

Er? I'm guessing you misread his quote?

In Washington, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) denounced the new Russian law, saying there is “no equivalence” between RT and networks such as the Voice of America, CNN and the BBC, whose journalists “seek the truth, debunk lies, and hold governments accountable.” By contrast, he said in a statement, “RT’s propagandists debunk the truth, spread lies, and seek to undermine democratic governments in order to further Vladimir Putin’s agenda.”

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 20:30 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 20:11:
I feel like if we just commit to reducing the population of the planet by 80% we'll be ok.
I won't say it is likely, but it could happen. Virus, nuclear war, lack of drinkable water... take your pick...

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 18:27 Mr. Tact

Lulz.

Cards Against Humanity takes on Trump

9. Re: Zimbabwe Nov 15, 2017, 14:15 Mr. Tact

I just wanted to make a quick comment... I'm not sure we know fully what is going on in Zimbabwe right now. But whatever it is...

Is it really a coup d'etat when you are removing someone who has essentially been illegally holding control of the country for 35+ years?

6. Re: Guy reviews his office's terrible new "smart" water cooler Nov 15, 2017, 13:56 Mr. Tact

I'm always wishing I could have heard the planning discussions on products like this. The product is so bad you have to wonder why half the people at the meeting weren't saying, "WTF. One of the worst ideas I've heard in years."  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 09:35 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 21:29:
So if I go to Google News the top item has the following headlines..
4 dead cnn.com
5 dead, 10 injured krcrtv.com
At least 5 dead ap.com
The gunman was killed by police, the gunman killed 4. So, 4 victims, 5 dead. You see this kind of death count variance by one in these types of stories on a regular basis....

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2017, 09:54.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2017, 11:33 Mr. Tact

Lulz. Yeah, I can see how you'd have to be careful with that kind of splint...

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2017, 11:50.

News Comments > "One-Trick" Overwatch Player Bans?
14. Re: Nov 14, 2017, 10:21 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 09:23:
Basically, all online game communities suck.
All open, non-monitored online game communities suck. However, this only mirrors offline communities. There's a good reason most everyone has a group of friends they like to spend their time with...

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2017, 08:11 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 18:39:
She's expressing misgivings about her job, but it seems pretty apparent that this is really because of her misgivings about moving, and there's no blaming her for that. She is pretty much of two minds about everything in general, so that doesn't help. She claims that's because she's a Gemini, but I'm a Scorpio, and we don't believe in astrology.
Completely understandable even without the astrology. Moving is right near the top on the "things which cause the most stress" list. It even affects me despite having been a military brat. There was no place I thought of as "home" until my dad retired out of the service when I was in the 7th grade. But I've lived in that area since then minus the time I was in the USAF. And frankly, can't imagine permanently moving away from there.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2017, 16:53 Mr. Tact

Hmm, I remember "The Thing" being okay, but the greatest horror film ever? Then again, I've never really been a horror movie person. That said, I think I'd have to give "The Shining" my GOAT tag. I'll set the DVR to catch "The Thing" next time it is on, and get a refresher...  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2017, 10:43 Mr. Tact

I asked this before but didn't receive an answer (possibly because it was simply lost in the multitude of posts on the site) so, I'll ask again..
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 13:27:
Are her misgivings about the new job or just the prospect of having to move? Is she currently working remotely for her new job? Whatever the answers, your approach seems sound. Although I've literally never been the marrying type, it has always seemed to me the cliche "Happy wife, happy life." was good guidance.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2017, 21:43 Mr. Tact

Blue, condolences on the sufficating embrassment of the NY Giants losing to previously winless San Francisco 49ers....  

6673 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo