Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6803 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2018, 11:17 Mr. Tact

I can now die satisfied.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam's Best of 2017
16. Re: Steam's Best of 2017 Jan 2, 2018, 08:20 Mr. Tact

Reactor wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 06:31:
I haven’t played any of these...

Just wanted to say that for no apparent reason.
Me either -- however, I want to say I'm in no way commenting on how good the games are. Had some interest in ARK, I might get to it eventually. I've watched my niece play Rocket League, it holds no attraction for me. If I was looking for a game style like Witcher, I'd probably give it a try, but never played any of them. And as for the shooters... haven't played one since COD2.

News Comments > Steam's Best of 2017
5. Re: Steam's Best of 2017 Jan 1, 2018, 18:36 Mr. Tact

Well, I started playing it shortly after the Steam release in March 2016 and technically it is still in "alpha", but at this point it is more like a very solid beta without an "Official Release". Yet. Factorio is the best game I've played in the last two years.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2018, 14:49 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 12:59:
Never kick the bull in today's ootb media.
Derp!
afka Rossini wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 14:20:
Congratulations to Mr. Tact on his runaway victory in the NFL straight pick'em pool.
Thanks. I don't know about "runaway" but a win is a win.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2018, 12:52 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 11:09:
The first alien contact was with the guy who kicked the bull. They won't be back until the earth develops intelligent life.
Kicked the bull? Don't understand the reference -- a brief Google search was not helpful..

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 1, 2018, 12:50 Mr. Tact

Uh, so what? Wink  

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
19. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 31, 2017, 23:36 Mr. Tact

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 18:23:
And this, gentlemen, THIS is why gaming is FUCKED!
Not as long as independents like Wube Software come around and make great games like Factorio.

13. Re: Tribbles Anniversary Dec 31, 2017, 08:16 Mr. Tact

Interesting to read about Gene Roddenberry's lack of a sense of humor. I don't recall ever hearing/reading about that before. Kind of hard to imagine since most episodes ended with a semi-comedic epilogue...  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2017, 10:21 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 10:30:
Couldn't happen to a more deserving blood sucking lawyer!
Because he represented Rick Perry? Or do you know something else about him?

No comment from the woman in the story, so it would be interesting to hear her side. Despite the "don't judge a book by its' cover" cliche, I have to say the guy does look like a dick in the posted photo. I wouldn't be surprised if she was "hiding" because she didn't want to be groped any more...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2017, 22:11 Mr. Tact

Yeah, was out and about yesterday in the -4 F temperatures. Wind chills in the negative mid teens. Not pleasant. Then again, it will make the first day in Feb or Mar in the 50s seem tropical. *shrug*  

2. Re: NASA hopes to send a probe to Alpha Centauri in 2069. Dec 27, 2017, 10:12 Mr. Tact

So basically, they are simply predicting propulsion technology to accelerate a space vehicle to .1 c will exist 50 years from now. Thanks for the information. In 2070 we'll let you know if you can be listed with Nostradamus in the history books...  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 11:45 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 10:55:
Wow, that woman in a coma got a sleeping pill (ambien) and woke up. http://researchandhope.com/zolpidem/

This article linked in the comments discusses the subject some, quite odd.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 00:01 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 15:36:
And exactly the response I'd expect from Blue. Appease the monsters, Blue. We all know how that worked out for Neville Chamberlin. Appeasement only makes the aggressor stronger.
So, is this meant as "thank you" or what? I mean with as many times as you have been in receipt of appeasement...

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test
35. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test Dec 24, 2017, 23:53 Mr. Tact

So, TACFY -- are you this optimistic on most/all things, or is SC an exception?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test
30. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test Dec 24, 2017, 08:49 Mr. Tact

Kelpie wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 06:05:
The recent Coutts loan (an advance on their UK tax credits) would seem to indicate they're already struggling.
Not necessarily. As I have expressed here before, businesses do non-intuitive finance dealings sometimes. I remember reading an article years ago about how GE was getting a loan. What were they getting the loan for? They were going to use it to pay their employee payroll. At the time GE was one of the largest most successful companies in the world. So, what the hell was going on?

The idea is, GE has their money tied up in things which they believe the return on investment is significantly better than the cost of the loan. So, they make more money by investing their capital and taking out a loan to pay the payroll.

Now all that said, I have no idea what RSI finances look like...

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 08:41 Mr. Tact

Tornado video: At first I thought the forklift was going to be gone, now that would have been really impressive.

Most Expensive House: *meh* It looks okay at best. I think the builder is right about usage -- it will get treated like a hotel / vacation home. I mean who wants to walk repeatedly walk across your 5,000 sq ft master bedroom EVERY day...

ISS: The ISS is cool, and some good science has come from it, but I'm sorry -- both the Hubble Telescope and the Voyager probes beat it hands down on the list of greatest things humanity has done to date...

37. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2017, 00:00 Mr. Tact

When you go to post, is the "Remember Me" box checked?  

14. Re: Robot Dog City Simulator. Dec 21, 2017, 14:25 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 13:20:
Speaking of dogs. If you like science fiction and you also like dogs. This book is a great read. It was written by one of the greatest sci-fi authors.
From the blurb at Amazon that does sound interesting, might have to give it a try...

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2017, 15:10 Mr. Tact

Lulz, from the NYT article:
The demand, in a resolution that its backers knew would likely offend the United States, was vetoed by the American ambassador, Nikki R. Haley. She was alone.

Even America’s staunchest allies on the 15-member Council, the most powerful body in the United Nations system, voted for the resolution.

They warned that Mr. Trump’s Dec. 6 announcement about Jerusalem, which upended decades of American policy, threatened to subvert the effort to solve one of the world’s most intractable conflicts.

Ignoring the ostracism, Ms. Haley chastised fellow Council members after the midday vote, calling it “an embarrassment” and arguing that Mr. Trump’s decision two weeks ago was a “U.S. recognition of the obvious.”
I agree there is an embarrassment. The worst part? Most Trump voters would probably say this kind of thing is one of the reasons they voted for him.

13. Re: The schoolyard bully Dec 20, 2017, 14:58 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 14:45:
dRumpf threatened to cut off aid to any country that votes in favor of a resolution at the United Nations General Assembly denouncing his ill-fated decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Wonder if he cut his wives & kids' allowances when they argued with him?
What would amuse me would be if because of his threat, there is a unanimous vote against him. That would be great.

6803 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo