Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6681 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Apr 28, 2018, 21:22 Mr. Tact

I own seven Cosby comedy albums on CD, bought them many years ago. Used to pull them out every couple of years and spend some time laughing a lot. They'll never be the same now. More evidence that you can never really know anyone. Although the BTK serial killer was previous solid evidence of that.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2018, 19:03 Mr. Tact

Ahh, Jenny Agutter -- lusted after you for many years.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter
30. Re: Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter Apr 28, 2018, 15:07 Mr. Tact

Maybe. But as someone who played the first 6.5 years and about 8 years total -- what would effectively be a re-release of the game built for modern systems, wouldn't be much of a draw at least to me.

How did EQ2 compare to the original? Was it just a rebuild with some new content? Of did they make major changes to the game mechanics or such...

28. Re: Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter Apr 28, 2018, 11:19 Mr. Tact

I have trouble imagining what a World of Warcraft 2 could be without being a complete repeat of what they have already done. But I'd be happy to find out my imagination was lacking in that area...  

21. Re: Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter Apr 27, 2018, 21:01 Mr. Tact

Yeah, Fortnite "done right" would be my guess...  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2018, 17:45 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 17:22:
Cards scored with Rosen. He's an arrogant SOB but he's probably going to be a amazing QB in the NFL. Browns were fools not to take him first.
It didn't matter who Cleveland selected, they are the Browns. The organization is a mess. Even if Rosen can stay focused and become a good NFL QB, it won't mean much in Cleveland.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2018, 12:56 Mr. Tact

Glad things are back to normal. However your "uptime" for the year is in a poor state. No four 9s for you this year...

Happy anniversary!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2018, 16:02 Mr. Tact

What do you feed three horses?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2018, 12:46 Mr. Tact

Define progress. Win more than one game? They could do that.  

5. Re: Scarlett Johansson Accidentally Flashed a Stranger on a Plane Apr 26, 2018, 11:41 Mr. Tact

You know, she does a good job of turning what could be an ordinary "oops" story into something pretty funny with her description of the guy's reaction...  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2018, 11:02 Mr. Tact

Yeah, as a youngster I figured I'd get to see humans visiting Mars. Now in my mid 50s I'm pretty sure I won't live to see it. Definitely one of the largest disappointments of my life.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 11:47 Mr. Tact

Without a doubt there have been countless horrific acts committed by humans which make Mr. Madsen's pale in comparison. That doesn't make his acts any more uplifting...

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2018, 12:31.

1. Re: Kim Wall murder: Inventor Peter Madsen receives life sentence. Apr 25, 2018, 11:13 Mr. Tact

So, as far as we know, this clown was obsessed with snuff films and decided to try it out himself? *sigh* This world is really depressing sometimes...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
66. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 24, 2018, 17:04 Mr. Tact

And your style hasn't changed much over the last 14-15 years.. from your first post on Blue's:
dsmart wrote on Dec 17, 2003, 15:06:
My apologies snide, it was Camaro76 who posted that. But screw you anyway; since you're being so thrilling stupid and a pussy about the whole thing as if I'd fed your cat a grenade.
I guess you deserve points for consistency.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2018, 11:34 Mr. Tact

Tell her you'll both get less colds if you move..  

News Comments > StarCraft II Premium Maps
4. Re: StarCraft II Premium Maps Apr 23, 2018, 23:07 Mr. Tact

Checks calendar, nope not April 1st. What the hell? Ark Strike is some kind of SCII based mini-RPG. Direct Strike looks like some arena conflict thing with either set teams or maybe (guessing here) set spending limits on what you can create for your match?

Weird. I'll be interested to at least hear a further explanation.

News Comments > Hearthstone Game Director Leaves Blizzard
9. Re: Hearthstone Game Director Leaves Blizzard Apr 23, 2018, 19:31 Mr. Tact

It is possible to back track out of the lower levels of management in large corporations. I did it. Was a first level manager with seven people reporting to me in a multi-nation, multi-billion dollar revenue company. After about 3.5 years I requested to return to worker bee status and they let me. But yeah, at the higher levels it would be more difficult...  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2018, 09:56 Mr. Tact

Yeah, it is often overlooked that the "militarization" of the police force isn't just an equipment issue. It is also a mentality issue. Being a police officer is a tough job. Sometimes it is a shitty job. But too many officers have forgotten, or were never taught, their job is "to protect and serve". It is a complex problem which won't be completely resolved any time soon.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2018, 20:38 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:55:
I don't know about any novels, but I do know a couple of movies. I'm going to hide the titles, since the fact that humanity gets wiped out in the end is probably a pretty big spoiler:

Knowing, with Nick Cage. It's pretty good.

Melancholia with Kirsten Dunst. Haven't seen it, so can't say whether it's good.

My secret response:

In "Knowing" the human race is not wiped out, many children are moved to another planet. And we aren't interstellar, that said in my example of "Childhood's End" we aren't interstellar either -- but it was the best I could come up with.

Melancholia.. just watched the trailer and I *think* I watched that, but I really don't remember much... there is a hint there might be a mystical resolution in the trailer, but I simply don't recall. I have it available On-Demand for $4... might have to watch it.

When you think about it, it seems like someone would have done this...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2018, 17:03 Mr. Tact

Random question: Anyone here ever read a sci-fi novel or series of novels where humans have become an interstellar race. But by the end of the story, humans are extinct? In "Childhood's End" the human race evolves away. But I couldn't think of any where we get wiped out...  

6681 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo