Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5940 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2017, 14:26 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 11:36:
How can you have the internet and have not heard of R&M? Haha. If I recall, it's obsessed over on here when new episodes hit.
*shrug* Blue's is about the only way I might find out about something socially popular. I'm not on any social media site, so unless it hits the major news outlets... I'm not likely to find about it.

Being a curmudgeon is hard work, having to avoid all that stuff...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2017, 09:18 Mr. Tact

Ha, another silly thing I missed out on -- never heard of Rick and Morty. LittleMe, supposedly not actors, but these days you can never be sure.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2017, 09:14 Mr. Tact

Memento, Fight Club and The Prestige are all excellent films. Interestingly, they are all films best seen when you know nothing about them. I'd probably rate Memento a hair below The Prestige and Fight Club. Can't imagine watching any of them on regular cable or network television. They way they cut films up it they would surely ruin something...  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2017, 10:36 Mr. Tact

Factorio 0.15 is out! Go play it.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
26. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2017, 22:28 Mr. Tact

I wonder.. I assume other tractor/farm equipment manufacturers must be taking similar action or supporting Deere? I mean, John Deere might be the biggest (an assumption only) but they are far from the only. So, if the others were not doing this you'd assume there would be stampede to the competitors. Of course, that isn't much help if you already own a multi- $100k tractor from John Deere...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2017, 17:52 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I have to say I'm starting to think Idiocracy isn't as crazy or far off as one would think...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2017, 12:21 Mr. Tact

Wait -- why is Trump going after Assange? I thought he loved WikiLeaks?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 23, 2017, 11:57 Mr. Tact

Clearly the question is best "how"? Best to support human life, than yeah Earth wins hands down. Best at attracting comets and asteroids? Pretty sure Jupiter wins that.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
20. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2017, 11:51 Mr. Tact

"John Deere just told the copyright office that only corporations can own property, humans can only license it."

Hmm, is there some way to tie in the Citizens United ruling here... corporations are people, if corporations can own property, then people can own property.. seems logical to me.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta
31. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 23, 2017, 10:18 Mr. Tact

Listen, I'm not trying to blast PoE as bad or anything. I like PoE, I'm playing PoE, and I'm looking forward to 3.0. But there are two opposing forces...

First, one of the main attractions is this massive, complicated, awesome passive skill tree. It allows all kinds of variations of builds and encourages experimentation. Need more life, grab some life nodes.. Second however, is the problem of if you try something which doesn't work, unless it is just a few points, it isn't "easy" to get the refund points.

I'm not suggesting they sell Orbs of Regret at the vendor at a rate of 40 for a single Scroll of Wisdom. But even if they did -- would that hurt the game somehow? I mean isn't the idea to be fiddling around and trying different things, not hording your Orbs of Regret for the switch to CI? They need to increase the drop rate on Orbs of Regret. If it was common to find say, oh I don't know.. 50-60 by the time you build up to level 85 or so. That would be nice. It wouldn't turn the skill build into D3 where you can change everything you want, whenever you want, which as far as I can tell is the community's main objection. But it would give you a lot more flexibility in building your character.

30. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 23, 2017, 09:20 Mr. Tact

So, now I have to get a special gear setup to get the Orbs, or wait three months (if I am lucky) to try another passive tree setup. I'll stand by what I said before...
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 13:11:
The worst thing is it wouldn't be too tedious if they'd just make it a bit easier to get passive skill refund points. That's the real problem...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 22:08 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 22:03:
RIP Erin Moran from Happy Days
Was reasonably young, 56 -- hope it wasn't a drug thing.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 17:30 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 16:37:
Who cares? We're all gonna die anyways! Wreck
Thank goodness. I'm pretty sure living forever as things are now is not something I could deal with. Now, if I was living within The Culture then it would probably be acceptable.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 15:34 Mr. Tact

Yes, he had already been convicted of a murder and been given life without parole.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 15:32 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:24:
We should be thankful because he just saved taxpayer dollars.
Good point. Someone mail a thank you note to the family.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 15:20 Mr. Tact

Really? Don't see how Hernandez is worthy of a mention. A murderer who took a shortcut out of his punishment.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 11:47 Mr. Tact

*ugh* Just heard a "news" story on the radio talking about "how complicated" our taxes are. Yes, overall the tax code is complicated. But the only people who have complicated taxes are people who don't mind spending some money to hire someone to do their taxes.  

28. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2017, 11:42 Mr. Tact

LiTh wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 08:22:
....Orb of Regrets which drop often, and can be bought from vendors refund passive points from the tree.... Seriously so much misinformation about PoE its mind-boggling.
Drop often? Obviously your definition of "often" differs from mine. I have 200+ hours in my main character right now. Now granted, that puts me only slightly above "total noob" in PoE terms, but in those 200+ hours I found about 20 Orbs of Regret. Which to me doesn't seem like many considering the character currently has 100+ passive skill points. And the Orbs of Scouring which can be used to purchase them from the vendor, I have found about twice that number. So the 64 Orbs of Scouring for 40 Orbs of Regret isn't likely to be available to me in the near future.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2017, 11:54.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 17:02 Mr. Tact

descender wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 16:17:
That's just one of my pet peeves having listened to this conversation in offices all my life. Way too many people seem to think that you can earn "too much", end up paying more in taxes and "take home less"... it's just mathematically impossible for that to happen. They think that if you earn $20001 then every penny you earned gets taxes at the higher rate and that's not how it works.
You are right, many people don't understand this. The language used around the tax brackets is often incorrect and helps with the confusion.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 13:19 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 12:40:
Are taxes so simple you can do them yourself in the US?
For a vast majority, yes. And even if your situation is a little more complicated, something like Turbo Tax will walk you through everything for $120 ($60 for the software, $60 for the electronic filing).

An example of someone who might need professional assistance: A day trader with hundreds or thousands of trades. Or if you are self employed, the mixing of personal and business finances can get complicated.

5940 Comments. 297 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo