Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5934 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2017, 12:53 Mr. Tact

What I love is the mug shots of politicians who almost without exception, smile. Yeah, like you are happy in that moment...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 29, 2017, 08:45 Mr. Tact

Agent-Zero wrote on May 28, 2017, 23:38:
it kinda sucks because now there are no brick and mortar local stores that carry DIY crap like resistors and capacitors and wires and all that shit
Fry's has that stuff, but they have a lot fewer locations. Nearest one to me is over 100 miles away and I live in a town of over 100k.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 28, 2017, 23:46 Mr. Tact

Ha! -- just bought a cable at a RadioShack a few weeks ago when I didn't feel like waiting for one to ship to me. I was a bit surprised they were still there. I wonder if the store I purchased from will survive...  

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2017, 20:55 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on May 28, 2017, 18:58:
It sucks but there is no other choice for gaming. With that said be sure and read this recent tidbit: Security Analyst Concludes Windows 10 Enterprise "Tracks Too Much"
I don't want to hijack the topic into a bitchfest about Win10, but yeah it sucks. Basically Microsoft won. They've done something we shouldn't have allowed but we failed to complain loudly enough to stop them. Unfortunately any argument about it at this point, is moot.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2017, 19:20 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on May 28, 2017, 18:58:
  • Home and Professional users are much worse off due to limitations of some settings and lack of an IT staff. Iím not going to bother with captures from those systems, this has already been shared by many others. Spoiler: itís bad.
  • As I understand it, and please tell me if I am wrong, there really isn't any other practical choice. From what I can tell even if you could get an Enterprise version -- which you pointed out still needs "corrections" -- there is a significant annual fee. So, it's pretty much Win10 Pro, or the other insane choice, go Mac. Which frankly, is even less palatable to me than Win10.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2017, 17:00 Mr. Tact

Saw the Factorio guys announce they passed 1 million units in sales. Far less than it should be, can't believe more people aren't playing Factorio.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2017, 16:59 Mr. Tact

Good luck JD, hopefully you can resurrect the PC.

I'm past due for an update myself -- but my objections to Win10 (whether or not they are valid) so limits my choices that I have been delaying...

10. Re: Morning Mobilization May 27, 2017, 20:21 Mr. Tact

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 27, 2017, 20:14:
    Personally, I think this is a solution that is more likely to prevent jaywalking: https://youtu.be/SB_0vRnkeOk

Plus, it's more fun.
    Ha! Video is from 2014 but never seen it before, that is great.

9. Re: Ben Affleck Imitates Christian Bale's Batman May 27, 2017, 20:16 Mr. Tact

Hey, he gets points for not taking himself too seriously, a seemingly frequent problem for the Hollywood crowd. Ben's film career has been a real roller coaster -- a surprising high (IMHO) was "The Accountant" which was far better than I ever expected it to be.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2017, 13:54 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 27, 2017, 13:34:
    RedEye9 wrote on May 27, 2017, 12:48:
    Turns out that the French are good for something else besides fries.
    Well, duh: Kissing!
    Cleaner than hand shakes, right? Shaking hands spreads more germs than kissing

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2017, 13:51 Mr. Tact

Yes, I realized it was staged, a recorded audio, and no actual harm. That wasn't my question. It is the job of actors to "seem real". I was wondering if the text indicated, "Actors, not actual pedestrians" or something to that affect.

I do have to say if I was crossing the intersection against the light when I had checked and there was no traffic I wouldn't be happy if the audio startled me...

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2017, 13:00 Mr. Tact

So, anyone know French well enough to tell us if those were actors or actual innocent French citizens getting the shit scared out of them?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
    2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 26, 2017, 22:40 Mr. Tact

I can tell Google right now how well their ads work on me, the answer is "They don't." The reason they don't work, is because I'm not an idiot, therefore I am using an ad blocker and I never see their ads.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2017, 15:57 Mr. Tact

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 26, 2017, 15:49:
    Summer hasn't started, summer is already here. 106F with the heat index today. 107 or 108 tomorrow.
    Woof! Southwest I assume? Midwest is definitely warming up, breaking 80 today but dipping back down after today.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 26, 2017, 15:20 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2017, 11:12:
    Try paying taxes you fucking hypocrite.
    Did I miss a tax issue for Zuckerberg? As far as I know he paid 100s of millions of taxes when he exercised his Facebook stock options.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 26, 2017, 12:20 Mr. Tact

I can't explain in words how much it hurts me to have to pay Comcast for my Internet connectivity. If the dawdling local fiber build out ever completes, I have to think Comcast will become persona non grata in town...  

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2017, 12:15 Mr. Tact

I highly doubt "Alien: Covenant" is worth the price of admission to see it in the theater. It seems to clearly be a "wait until it hits the movie channels" film. I'm not sure if even people I generally trust on movie reviews could sway my opinion about this, which is actually a bit disappointing because I like Fassbender.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2017, 12:06 Mr. Tact

On the "Demolition oops" I suspect even though it was unintentional, the crew did the owners a favor. That came down so easily there must have been a serious deficiency of some kind and a similar failure was probably bound to happen sooner or later...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2017, 12:01 Mr. Tact

The entire microbial system employed by us (and other living creatures) is both fascinating and more than a little distrubing/creepy/something. When I have read about it I find it interesting but also end up feeling a bit unclean.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 23, 2017, 16:28 Mr. Tact

Hilarious -- the Senators criticize the treatment of the reporters but not the gutting of the regulations which protect every citizen. Nice distraction tactics...  

5934 Comments. 297 pages. Viewing page 35.
    < Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo