Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4509 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
34. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 09:27 Mr. Tact

The funny thing about naming things oddly, is if you believe the creators, it's likely no one else will ever see the things you have named. It is masturbation at cosmic scale.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
10. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 19:48 Mr. Tact

I think concerns of a lack of game play are reasonably founded. I suspect the success or failure of the game will depend on the crafting in the game. It was implied you could spend all your time on one planet but I haven't seen any reason to believe that. I'll be interested in reading after release reviews.

Minecraft might have had a lack of game play, but the crafting made up for it. That level of ability to be creative has not yet been demonstrated, AFAIK.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 00:20 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 20:04:
Either way, it just shows what a giant clusterfuck space exploration would be...
Indeed. And it pains me endlessly that I will not live to see that Charlie Foxtrot happen.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 18:16 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 17:22:
I can only say... thank the heavens we do not talk like that Because you think this is confusing? Try doing it with 50 different languages with 10 times that complexity... also unless I misundersand the language, wouldn't this kind of language require you to LEARN all the logical meanings of historic events? I don't see how you could maintain a space-faring multi-colony empire this way, as the languages would without a doubt drift apart to the point where 2 colonies of the same race would not be able to communicate. Or maybe.. I am overthinking things ,p
Yeah, there are real problems with the idea. As the article RedEye linked says, there would seem to be no way to say, “Hey Bob, can you hand me the ¾" socket wrench.” Personally, I always assumed it would be something like a "royal language form". Something only used in official ceremonies or in diplomatic exchanges. It is a good episode.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 14:44 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:31:
You can blame google. You should be happy it deciphered my search at all, as I could only remembered it rhymed/was similar to "tarmac and".
When looking for Star Trek stuff, always check Memory Alpha

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 14:26 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:13:
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, when the walls fell...

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, Shaka when the walls fell...

Fixed that for you...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 11:32 Mr. Tact

Thanks to you Blue for maintaining this site for 20 years. There are probably other sites which have kept their essential identity over the past 20 years, but there can't be many.

You are doing it right, and many of us appreciate it greatly. I'll take this moment to again raise the idea of a Patreon account -- so those of us who are so inclined can reward you directly.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 23:44 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 23:23:
We should pay people to not be thieves?
How about, we should reward "righteous" behavior?

Sure, I'll play the bad guy. If I had found this money, and knew my reward would be a lousy $100 for returning it, I'd be seriously tempted to keep it. I say tempted because given the situation, it might have been possible to determine which cab had dropped the guy off.

Apparently that makes me a thief. Whatever.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 22:36 Mr. Tact

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 22:24:
The act was its own reward. Ridiculous to expect a large cash award from somebody who is homeless, and lucked into that kind of money.
Large, no. Reasonable, yes. Yeah, they guy is not loaded. On the other hand, someone did just return his entire life savings essentially. A .05% tip seems a bit stingy. The cabbie's suggestion of $500 seems to be in the neighborhood... .5% is $935, so somewhere between $500 and $935 would seemingly be appropriate, IMHO.

I mean, consider the cabbie could have just kept it...

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 21:46 Mr. Tact

Wow, honesty does not pay apparently.

Cabbie Returns $187,000 left in cab

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 19:27 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 16:08:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 15:58:
Hey! Got my first ever Win10 pop-up! Happened after a restart. Be interesting to see if I start seeing them regularly now..

Is it the full screen one? I hear it's next...
Aye, it was.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 15:58 Mr. Tact

Hey! Got my first ever Win10 pop-up! Happened after a restart. Be interesting to see if I start seeing them regularly now..  

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
36. Re: CS: GO Gambling Scam Jul 5, 2016, 15:34 Mr. Tact

It wouldn't be an issue at all if there weren't idiots willing to pay large sums of money for a "rare" gun skin. Those idiots create the market these YouTube losers use to exploit, naive, or simply stupid people. I have mixed feelings on the subject. On the one hand, their fake support of a site that's actually their own site is criminal. On the other hand, I want to say "a fool and his money are soon parted."  

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
22. Re: CS: GO Gambling Scam Jul 4, 2016, 23:39 Mr. Tact

I thought I'd posted about this in the past, but I couldn't find it in my history.

I saw YouTube video of someone opening weapon cases and when I realized he had paid money for them my immediate reaction was, "Wow, what a scam." Now, I didn't really think it was a scam, I just thought it was stupid for people to buy these weapon cases for a chance at a weapon skin. Didn't realize there was any "gambling" going on.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2016, 19:42 Mr. Tact

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 12:09:
Yes yes.. 240 years.. but how long till you guys make america great again?

We are pretty great right now. We have our problems like everywhere else, but there's no where else I'd rather live.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2016, 21:38 Mr. Tact

Didn't they come out recently and say that hugging your dog did not provide the comfort we associate with it. Since the only time a wolf gets hugged is by a bear...  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2016, 18:03 Mr. Tact

Hey Blue, too late for this year, but in the future: FDA approves drug to help dogs frightened by fireworks  

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
2. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 1, 2016, 21:17 Mr. Tact

So, 2021?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 18:44 Mr. Tact

Well, you solved it -- assuming it isn't a false positive. Sorry, had to be said.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 18:42 Mr. Tact

theglaze wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 13:44:
I take the perspective that everyone is trying to kill me.
This is the correct attitude to take, and the reason I've never taken up riding a motorcycle despite how much I think I'd like it.

4509 Comments. 226 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo