Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6594 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 21:35 Mr. Tact

I've never had need for it, but I'm pretty sure Notepad++ can do line numbers. Perhaps not in a way equal to UltraEdit? *shrug*

I'll agree Wordpad is worthless. But as I said, Notepad is extremely useful for striping just about everything off a text cut and paste.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2018, 21:30 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 21:25:
Paul Ryan Says He Will Retire Once He Has Wrecked Country
The thing which makes this satirical article so damn funny (or not so damn funny) is if Paul Ryan actually said those things, many people including myself would not be surprised in the least.

27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 18:12 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 17:41:
The joys of microsoft.
And the bullshit part is Notepad+++ was working fine on his system beforehand, I'm assuming. If the dependencies changed with an update it would have been included with the installer or at least been mentioned in BOLD letters. PITA true.
To be clear, it launches and works fine. I just have to click through the error dialog, then I tell Notepad++ to remove the offending module. Apparently it can't, but is able to launch and as far as I can tell it is completely functional. Confused

News Comments > Farmer's Dynasty Early Access
11. Re: Farmer's Dynasty Early Access Jan 2, 2018, 15:53 Mr. Tact

Would it be bad for me to admit I did a double check on this article because I initially read the title as, "Farmer's Daughter Early Access"... Joker

(hmm, two sexist comments in a row -- I should probably quit for the day)

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2018, 15:47 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 15:16:
It's colder than a witch's tit, that's for sure. And I should know, I've squeezed a few of them. Honk honk!
I squeezed many a tit which turned out to belong to witches, but none of them were cold. (probably not politically correct, but *shrug*)

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 15:45 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 15:16:
I can't even remember the last time I opened up any Notepad application.
As a network administrator working on routers it is a simple but incredibly valuable tool -- router configuration files are just simple text files and using things like Win. Notepad and Notepad++ are essential.

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 14:22 Mr. Tact

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 13:10:
PATH issue, never a good thing. Some dependency somewhere is corrupted. Latest VC should do it.
Okay, tried that, still errors on finding vcruntime140.dll -- which, by the way, exists in no fewer than 15 directories.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 12:42 Mr. Tact

Interesting... there was an available "Repair" on "Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0", so I did that. Now I am getting the error for vcruntime140.dll... lol.

I have x86 and x64 versions of 2010 and 2013 along with the x86 version of 2012 all installed, this is Win7 in case that matters.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 12:13 Mr. Tact

Actually Redeye, I was on that page. Unless I'm missing something it isn't particularly useful. It tells you probably shouldn't do what I tried, copying the file into the directory. It suggests reinstalling the MS Visual C++ Redistributable -- following the link they provide points you to the MS Download Center, where there are many versions of the MS Visual C++ Redistributable.

The "Programs and Features" on my PC shows many versions of that package installed. Do I just download and reinstall the most recent one?

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 11:56 Mr. Tact

Actually, talking about this.... when launching Notepad++ I'm getting the error message about msvcp140.dll not being available. I tried the solution suggestions of putting the file into the correct Windows directory, but it doesn't seem to have resolved the issue. Can someone point me to a fix?  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 11:28 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 10:13:
Notepad++ is best notepad
Yes and no. Windows notepad is awesome for stripping basically everything out a text cut and paste. Notepad++ is too smart for this occasionally. I have both open 99% of the time.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2018, 11:17 Mr. Tact

I can now die satisfied.  

News Comments > Steam's Best of 2017
16. Re: Steam's Best of 2017 Jan 2, 2018, 08:20 Mr. Tact

Reactor wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 06:31:
I havenít played any of these...

Just wanted to say that for no apparent reason.
Me either -- however, I want to say I'm in no way commenting on how good the games are. Had some interest in ARK, I might get to it eventually. I've watched my niece play Rocket League, it holds no attraction for me. If I was looking for a game style like Witcher, I'd probably give it a try, but never played any of them. And as for the shooters... haven't played one since COD2.

News Comments > Steam's Best of 2017
5. Re: Steam's Best of 2017 Jan 1, 2018, 18:36 Mr. Tact

Well, I started playing it shortly after the Steam release in March 2016 and technically it is still in "alpha", but at this point it is more like a very solid beta without an "Official Release". Yet. Factorio is the best game I've played in the last two years.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2018, 14:49 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 12:59:
Never kick the bull in today's ootb media.
Derp!
afka Rossini wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 14:20:
Congratulations to Mr. Tact on his runaway victory in the NFL straight pick'em pool.
Thanks. I don't know about "runaway" but a win is a win.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2018, 12:52 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 11:09:
The first alien contact was with the guy who kicked the bull. They won't be back until the earth develops intelligent life.
Kicked the bull? Don't understand the reference -- a brief Google search was not helpful..

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 1, 2018, 12:50 Mr. Tact

Uh, so what? Wink  

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
19. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 31, 2017, 23:36 Mr. Tact

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 18:23:
And this, gentlemen, THIS is why gaming is FUCKED!
Not as long as independents like Wube Software come around and make great games like Factorio.

13. Re: Tribbles Anniversary Dec 31, 2017, 08:16 Mr. Tact

Interesting to read about Gene Roddenberry's lack of a sense of humor. I don't recall ever hearing/reading about that before. Kind of hard to imagine since most episodes ended with a semi-comedic epilogue...  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2017, 10:21 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 10:30:
Couldn't happen to a more deserving blood sucking lawyer!
Because he represented Rick Perry? Or do you know something else about him?

No comment from the woman in the story, so it would be interesting to hear her side. Despite the "don't judge a book by its' cover" cliche, I have to say the guy does look like a dick in the posted photo. I wouldn't be surprised if she was "hiding" because she didn't want to be groped any more...

6594 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo