Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4509 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 20:54 Mr. Tact

Chris131551 wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 18:52:
Do us all a favor, keep up your frequency and make your next post about 19 years from now..

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 11:10 Mr. Tact

Thank you Stephen for your dedication to this site.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 11:23 Mr. Tact

JayDeath wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 11:06:
Daniel Craig is the worst Bond yet. It's an interesting character that he plays but it's not James Bond.
Totally disagree. I think Craig's portrayal of a dark, more troubled, brooding Bond is the best Bond. And from what I've heard, his way of presenting Bond is supposedly much closer to the way he was in the books.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 7, 2015, 21:14 Mr. Tact

I thought sororities were the University-approved prostitution institution. Although I guess the University doesn't directly make money from that.  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
205. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 7, 2015, 15:42 Mr. Tact

Do the London bookies have any bets available on this?  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
126. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 16:37 Mr. Tact

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 16:28:
Who says they need any more money? We don't have any figures to support that conclusion.
We do have their continuing scams ideas to generate new income. Either they need it or they ARE the greedy bastards some are making them out to be.

I've been trying to stay out of this for the most part because there is no way to win but since I've stepped in let me echo what some others have said. I really hope SC is a modern incarnation of Wing Commander and more. However, as time goes by it becomes increasingly likely this will devolve into a quagmire which will ultimately make Duke Nuke'm Forever look like a model of excellent game development.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 5, 2015, 14:24 Mr. Tact

Frankly, I can't stand the Internet without ad blockers. I've been cruising the web since Mosaic came out, and I'm guessing in all that time I've purposely click on an ad, maybe a dozen times or so...  

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
48. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 5, 2015, 10:36 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 00:47:
In 1996 Richard Bartle wrote a paper classifying players of multiplayer online games (including MUDs and MMORPGs) into categories based on their gaming preferences. From the paper a series of questions and accompanying scoring formula helped classify players into four main types:

This is called the Bartle Test.

No Man's Sky appeals to "Explorer" types. As an explorer NMS is THE game I'm looking forward to most. It was specifically created for gamers like me. It sounds like you two fall under a different gamer type. Killers perhaps?
Hey, I totally get it. In Elite Dangerous I traveled thousands of light years away from the populated planets and did some exploring and discovering. And in Minecraft I have simply wandered around in worlds being amazed by the world generation. However, a game composed of nothing but that type of exploration holds a pretty limited appeal even to someone like me who enjoys that aspect in other games.

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
33. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 21:10 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I don't quite understand why I am supposed to want to play this game. So, you fly from planet to planet collecting resources so you can find "randomly" generated life forms to name them? And collect more resourse to fly to more planets... uh, okay. I think that might be interesting for an hour or two.

Creating good programming is not the equivalent of creating good games. I'm not sure I even understand why the game has gotten as much hype as it has...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2015, 12:11 Mr. Tact

This is my 4,000th post on these forums. My first was on Apr 9. 2004. But I was a lurker here on Blues News long before that. I want to take a moment and thank Stephen (Blue) for everything he has done to maintain this site. And not only for keeping it going all these years but for being so steadfast in maintaining the history of the site. The fact I can look back easily for news from years ago, or at all of my 4,000 posts is awesome.

Blues News is effectively my home on the Internet. I'm not on FB, Twitter, or any other social media. I went looking, and the highest total of posts I have in any of the other places I post -- the highest was just over 100, most were under 25. So, I want to also thank everyone here (okay, almost everyone) for the community which exists here. I wouldn't be so bold as to say Blues News is unique, but I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot of places like this on the Internet.

Thanks again, mostly everyone.

News Comments > Master of Orion Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: Master of Orion Gameplay Trailer Oct 3, 2015, 10:44 Mr. Tact

Rigs wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 20:22:
Fun Fact: It's now been longer between the premier of TNG (1987) and now (2015 - 28 years) than it was between the original series (1966) and 'The Next Generation' (1987 - 21 years)...
Well.. there were other series after TNG. But yeah, we've been waiting for a new series for a while now. Beginning to think it isn't going to happen.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 22:06 Mr. Tact

Huh, I kinda forgot all about 'Terminator Genisys'. I sorta recall when it was announced, but I must have ignored it after that. Just went and watched the trailer in IMDB -- wow, does it look bad...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
10. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 11:46 Mr. Tact

Arithon wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 10:52:
On the plus side, for $60 you can buy a $50 star citizen gift voucher..
I'm waiting for the $500 voucher for $600.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
193. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 23:24 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 23:20:
Blue, you are more than fair. Please don't change a thing.

BUT, If you were to change anything I wish you would sell bluesnews mousepads, t-shirts and 20 oz coffee cups w/your branding...
Keep up the good work and gaming coverage.
Ditto.

177. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 16:21 Mr. Tact

peteham wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 07:43:
A fool and his money are soon parted, as the proverb goes. These are not necessarily "rich" people though, as illustrated by the survey that was done some months back (and also posted here): https://www.instant.ly/report/54a985dde4b0cea5d72c8c2a

I realize it's not scientific/complete by any means...
You forgot to mention that water is wet.

One of the people in those stats has an income of under $20k, but is providing $20k of support. Uh huh. I have no doubt there are some people spending way more money than they should not only on this game but also on drugs, alcohol, sex, and lots of other things. That spreadsheet is worthless.

130. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 21:16 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 20:40:
Not to take anything away from this glorious thread, but the [H]ardForum has 87 posts on the same subject.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1877189

My personal favorite
Anyone who buys $900 DLC is retarded.
posted by Cr4ckm0nk3y
What would that make the people who bought the $2,500 ships?

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
138. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 30, 2015, 17:55 Mr. Tact

dsmart wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 17:53:
Wait! What do you mean he's not a member of Church of Christ Roberts of the Latter Day White Knights & Minions
Two stars out of five. Need to have the acronym spell something cool...

111. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 17:18 Mr. Tact

If you think it is unfair to poke fun at people selling $900 virtual spaceships for a game that does not yet exist. You may want to double check your grip on reality.  

86. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 14:25 Mr. Tact

El Pit wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:14:
Do you think it's already time to shout "Burn the witches" and call the Spanish Inquisition?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2015, 14:20 Mr. Tact

Seeing as Porsche has previously been sued about this car and lost (at least the article reads that way to me), I give her a reasonable chance to get some cash out of them.  

4509 Comments. 226 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo