Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4467 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Heroes Sep 19, 2015, 20:54 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2015, 20:48:
Trying to find any kind of logic in the latter seasons of Heroes is completely, utterly pointless, as there isn't any.
I suspected that might be the answer, I was hoping there were explanations in the written matter (comics) that didn't appear in the show. As I intended to imply, I knew it was silly to try to think about it logically...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Heroes Sep 19, 2015, 19:19 Mr. Tact

Random question.

In preparation for "Heroes Reborn", I've been re-watching "Heroes" -- in episode 6 of season 3, Arthur Petrelli absorbs/consumes Adam Monroe. It's not clear but it looks like he "absorbs" his life energy, which in turn regenerates him allowing him to get off the respirator he is on. Please excuse my use of logic, but is there a known reason why...

1) Why not just get some of Adam's blood for an IV and keep him around for future use?

2) Why not absorb someone prior to then and use their energy to regenerate?

3) Why since he can take others' powers, as he does later to Peter, just take Adam's power -- and if he wants, then kill him?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2015, 11:34 Mr. Tact

Well, I had KC in our pick'em league last night -- but I don't feel too bad since I had Peyton in my fantasy league despite his week 1 performance. So, I came out even overall....  

News Comments > New EverQuest Expansion Next Month
15. Re: New EverQuest Expansion Next Month Sep 18, 2015, 00:42 Mr. Tact

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 13:22:
Man, I really don't see WoW dropping below a million subs for at least more 10 years. They're still at 4-5 million and will get a boost with each new xpak. The graphics and art style have held up really well. WoW servers will probably still be running 20 years from now.
It will be interesting to watch and see how long it lasts. It's already 11 years old, another 9 doesn't seem out of line for sure, another 20? I guess we'll see...

34. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 23:10 Mr. Tact

Gotta go with RedEye9 on this one. You can eat "healthy" without having to resort to being a vegetarian. And in the end, we are all going to die. So, I'd prefer to have a nice steak every now and then.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 22:38 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 22:22:
Now that marijuana is becoming more mainstream, especially medical, these kinds of studies will be taking off.
Not as long as it's a schedule I drug it won't. If we can some manage to convince them to reduce the level, then yes -- a lot more studies will happen. Opium, Oxycodeon, Morphine, and Cocaine are all schedule II.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2015, 22:46.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 16:49 Mr. Tact

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:21:
Time for me to move on to a place where commenters actually use their brains.
A, B, Cya!

50. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 19:47 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 17:35:
It's funny, the premise of this movie was so ridiculous that I thought I would hate it. But somehow they made it work, and I ended up really enjoying it. If you're a sci fi fan, it's required viewing.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that -- Snowpiercer was every bit as bad as I thought it would be. I suggest a pass.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2015, 21:25.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 16:50 Mr. Tact

So, I assume no one living in San Francisco is allowed to call Los Angeles "LA" then? Or abbreviate any city for that matter? Wiseguy  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 22:30 Mr. Tact

And frankly if I had to guess whether visiting aliens were going to be Star Trek like Federation goody two-shoes or Battlefield Earth like genocide drone launching aliens -- I'm thinking we can't get that lucky... But hey, I always have been a pessimist...  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 22:20 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 19:48:
2. Any race that's achieved some type of FTL drive, will have long removed destructive genetic traits, and unlike humanity's discovery of new worlds, wouldn't immediately conquer and exploit them (video games and movies notwithstanding).
Your thoughts on this matter have as much basis in fact as the people writing those games and movies. The truth is we have no idea. However, if they aren't politically correct galactic citizens -- there won't be much we can do about it. Therefore it seems to me a unwarranted risk to attempt to draw attention while we are still "galactic infants".

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 14:47 Mr. Tact

Contacting aliens always seemed like a bad idea to me. At least prior to us becoming an interstellar race -- assuming that's possible. An intelligence capable of overcoming the problems/issues with interstellar travel is likely comparatively more advanced compared to us, than we are to our close relatives the chimpanzees.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 10:52 Mr. Tact

Yeah watched most of the Rams game, very good game. Pete Carroll with the surprise/odd coaching decision to try the on-sides kick for the opening of overtime. Ultimately it was the Rams D that decided it, but still an odd choice.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 09:46 Mr. Tact

How 'bout them Cowboys!

Saved one of my picks in my last man standing league.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2015, 12:07 Mr. Tact

Hmm, 60 is pretty young. I'll be interested to hear the cause of death. He should have had the money for good medical care.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 23:30 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 20:54:
Wow, 7 brave souls picked the Steelers.....
More like lost souls...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 19:03 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 09:56:
Jennifer Lawrence is 22?? What? (checks Wikipedia, she is 25)

Why would she give her wrong age in an interview?...wtf??

Reading it, it's possible she was talking in the past tense. ie. indicating when she started getting a little too obsessive about Goggling herself. Or she might be like me. My entire life when asked my age I have generally needed to calculate it. It is something I simply never cared or thought about much.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 08:45 Mr. Tact

What I am trying to say is it just doesn't matter, it is meaningless.

A far more interesting question to me is why the footballs were handled this way at all. Each team providing footballs used only by their offense. It's crazy. It was begging for something like this to happen.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 07:04 Mr. Tact

Julio wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 18:01:
At this point, they should allow every possible type of cheating in the NFL. If Brady and the Patriots are considered innocent, why have rules?

Like they say in baseball, "If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying." Deflategate is nothing more than the NFL (supported by multiple teams) attempting to punish the Patriots for either not getting hit hard enough for Spygate or for winning too much. Take your pick.

Even if Brady told the equipment guys to reduce the inflation of the footballs. The fact that it didn't help Brady's performance kind of nullifies most of the reason for any discipline.

And no, I am not a New England fan, I'm Dallas fan (I know, I know) but I see nothing here that really bothers me. It is much ado about nothing.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2015, 18:17 Mr. Tact

I was pleasantly surprised with "Now You See Me", it was better than I was expecting.  

4467 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo