Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4533 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 21:38 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 12:32:
I'll never understand the hoopla around those films. The first and second one were just OK, the third one was terrible.
So are you talking about the Harry Potter movies? The Twilight movies?.. Yeah, I know what you were talking about, but I suspect you get the point. Why you would think your feature film tastes are the only valid ones is beyond me. And to call everyone who has different tastes dumb is beyond dumb.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 14:46 Mr. Tact

Thinking about it, I'm not sure I'm getting the terminology right -- it has been a while since I was an active rider.

To be clear, when I am saying clipless, I actually mean the shoes do clip to the pedal but there are no straps over the shoe. Which seems to be an odd usage. The alternative, is the shoes do not clip into the pedal and you have external straps holding the foot to the pedals.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 14:40 Mr. Tact

Err, maybe? It would make sense if someone sold stiff soled shoes for that purpose I'm just not aware of it. If you are interested in being able to provide effort through the upstroke, clipless beats clipped.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 14:15 Mr. Tact

Like I said, the important thing is being able to use a stiff sole shoe. You be surprised how much of a difference it makes.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 13:43 Mr. Tact

What kind of riding are you going to do? If it is anything more than just joy riding round the neighborhood clipless is the way to go. The big thing is you get to wear cycling shoes which have rigid soles, so you don't waste any effort bending your shoe over the pedals and obviously it allow you to "pull" on the up stroke.

Personally I prefer Look style pedals, but that means wearing shoes you can't walk in.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 13:39 Mr. Tact

Pick'em Pigskin : 1 for 2 on the overtime games (damn you Chicago), and thought Seattle could hold out against Carolina -- could have been better, could have been worse...  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 09:02 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 22:14:
There is no law I am aware of, but good luck getting anybody to back you with that felony on your record.
Well, it that case.. come on. People elected Arnold Schwarzenegger governor of California and Jesse Ventura governor of Minnesota. Why not Lindsay Lohan as president.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 21:44 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 17:31:
Lindsey Lohan, so smart she doesn't realize that she won't be eligible for multiple reasons, including felony convictions and age.
Well, she is talking about 2020, but yeah even for the Jan 20, 2021 inauguration she would be just shy -- born July 2 1986 according to Wikipedia.

I have to admit though, I didn't know there was a law preventing federal elected service for felons. Assuming you're correct, it's not terribly surprising, I just didn't have actual knowledge of an existing law.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2015, 08:25 Mr. Tact

These shows have their moments, but that's about it. Some of the Lip Sync battles by Jimmy Fallon are pretty entertaining. Occasionally, the host will accidentally have an interesting conversation with a guest. But these moments are so rare it's not worth watching any of the shows. It's always been that way. Even in the early days of Letterman, I never understood why anyone bothered to watch on a regular basis.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Win 10 upgrades Oct 17, 2015, 10:52 Mr. Tact

Great White Shark wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 07:59:
You should treat your women better.
Personally, I'd never say I wouldn't and then do it. I actually earned this nickname IRL from telling the truth when others might not have. I ended more than one relationship by being truthful instead of tactful.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2015, 10:02 Mr. Tact

I do seriously believe there are people who don't deserve to live.

His comment is without context. What I was attempting to convey was it is possible with the proper context that his comment might not seem severe as it does without it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Win 10 upgrades Oct 16, 2015, 23:55 Mr. Tact

Haha! It was "accidental" the Windows Update automatically selected the "optional" Win 10 OS upgrade. Sure it was an accident.. and the check is the mail, and I promise not to come in your mouth..  

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 22:55 Mr. Tact

Well, that does seem a bit dickish, but then it might be well deserved also...  

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 22:19 Mr. Tact

Alamar wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 14:38:
I've always thought TB was an asshole..
Really? Mind explaining why you think that? I mean, sure, you might disagree with his opinion on a particular game -- I certainly have both agreed and disagreed with his opinions -- but I've watched hundreds of his videos and I don't recall him ever being particularly dickish...

Best wishes TB, I hope you beat the odds and are making videos for many years to come.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2015, 21:42 Mr. Tact

I don't particularly care for FanDuel or DraftKings, I find their commercials misleading and annoying. But it's probably a bit of a overstatement to call them scams. Even if all the allegations about employees of one site using the data from their site to pick teams on the other site is true, the players they select still have to have good games. Were they cheating? It's probably reasonable to call it that. But it's not guaranteed wins for them.

However, it's not like the scandal of the poker site (was it PokerStars?) where an ex-employee still had an administrator login to the site and was playing poker while being able to his opponents hold cards. What bugs me is that some lobbyist managed to get it made legal with an exception for fantasy sports as a game of skill in the same bill that killed the US poker sites.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2015, 12:55 Mr. Tact

D'oh! Everyone had Atlanta in the Pick 'em League.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2015, 07:22 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 00:50:
I once puked when I was ON the pooper.....both ends.....that was weird....
Since YOU brought it up, I'll say that happened plenty to me the one time in my life (so far) that I got the stomach flu. Changed my mind about bathroom design. I had always thought the idea of a separate room for the toilet was a good idea. Now, next to the tub is far superior in my mind.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 19:51 Mr. Tact

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 18:53:
Just read the sad Total Biscuit news, poor soul has terminal cancer.

Total bummer. I've watches hundreds of his videos. Here's to hoping he beats the odds.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 11:07 Mr. Tact

Oh yeah, and totally off-topic:

What the hell is the world coming to? Playboy is going to stop having nude photos in their magazine. While I understand the thinking and it might even technically be the right thing to do for the magazine, it just FEELS so wrong.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 09:33 Mr. Tact

You aren't the only one, Blue. I'm still on Win7 and don't plan on updating to another OS anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned, I've seen no reason to upgrade, only reasons not to.  

4533 Comments. 227 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo