Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6664 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 12, 2018, 09:49 Mr. Tact

You are certainly correct that corporations have been treating the public like so many serfs for many decades. What has changed with the current administration is we are seeing the government bending over backward to assist them far more often than they did previously. Yeah, it happened some in the past, but the way the current administration is sweeping away regulations and opening the countries resources and coffers to the corporations is really quite breath taking.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 11, 2018, 22:49 Mr. Tact

None -- and they all make more money than you or I will ever make.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2018, 22:40 Mr. Tact

SirKnight wrote on Feb 11, 2018, 00:00:
I really liked the UI of Win 95/98. I still do and wouldn't mind being able to use it with modern windows versions.
You can pretty much get it with Classic Shell.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: R.I.P.: Arrival composer Jˇhann Jˇhannsson has died at the age of 48. Feb 11, 2018, 14:08 Mr. Tact

Excellent film. He also apparently did the music for Sicario which was also very good. No cause of death released... hopefully it wasn't something "stupid".  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2018, 13:59 Mr. Tact

Really, Cutter? You rail about people not using their brains and then post nonsense like that?

(I know, I know, don't poke the troll -- sorry, couldn't stop myself)

Thanks to JD and Redeye for rational responses.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 11, 2018, 10:23 Mr. Tact

An attractive female kicking butt in the GSL?! Are nerds not safe anywhere, anymore? Oh the humanity! (transgender no less)  

7. Re: This flu season has now reached pandemic levels Feb 10, 2018, 22:14 Mr. Tact

This sentence,
In particular, officials are seeing unusually high levels of hospitalizations in non-elderly adults, with the rates for 50-to-64-year-olds significantly higher than what they were at the same period in the severe 2014-2015 season with the same predominant flu strain.
seems slightly worrying to me as I'm in that age range and haven't had a flu shot since I left the USAF a couple of decades ago. I've only ever had the flu once (more than a decade ago), so I'm pretty sure my immune system is reasonably resistant, but that resistance is sure to weaken over time...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2018, 19:04 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 14:54:
How does a company stay in business for so long while doing nothing but losing money? I didn't understand it when Amazon did it for years too. I guess I just don't have a head for business.
I'm not sure YouTube is losing money these days, but even if it is I'm with you on the confusion over businesses losing money for years but managing to not only continue, but to grow. I mean, I understand it to a point, but it seems some companies take it to such an extreme it's difficult to comprehend. Of course, part of it is business "accounting" - which anywhere else would be scamming. In the business world accounting principles are often non-intuitive.

1. Re: R.I.P.: 'House of Cards' actor Reg E. Cathey dead at 59. Feb 10, 2018, 14:04 Mr. Tact

Really? He was only 59? Have to agree, Blue -- loved him in The Wire.  

13. Re: It's been 50 years since those damn dirty apes took the planet by storm. Feb 9, 2018, 17:38 Mr. Tact

I noticed yesterday that 2018 will be the 50th anniversary of 2001: A Space Odyssey.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2018, 10:23 Mr. Tact

I love the idea of the Olympics. However, that idea was corrupted beyond recognition long ago -- hence, they get little to no attention from me. If I watch any of it, it will probably be on in the background while I'm at the computer...  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2018, 08:13 Mr. Tact

Thanks MLTS, I was wondering what it's trajectory was..  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 22:08 Mr. Tact

Most news has never been worth watching really. And it has only gotten worse is the last 20 years...  

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Announced
12. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Feb 8, 2018, 18:08 Mr. Tact

Apparently the current league ends at the end of this month. So maybe I'll wait for that -- maybe they'll "fix" some of this stuff. (wishful thinking...)  

11. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Feb 8, 2018, 17:49 Mr. Tact

Then again, I never did get around to doing a RF build... so I'll wait a week or so from my annoyance to diminish then I might give it a go..  

10. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Feb 8, 2018, 17:11 Mr. Tact

I fired PoE up yesterday, the first time since the 3.1 update. Wasted some time cleaning up my stash tabs and then I started checking things out...

The new map and fragment stash tabs are excellent. A particularly good job by PoE on the design of the map stash tab. I had spent some time considering how they might do something like this and they came up with a far better design than I was able to -- well done.

That's the good news, here is the bad... OMG WTF, over. They made the end game map stuff even worse than it was before. It's even harder to do "Shaped" maps. I'm not sure I can sufficiently describe the changes without several paragraphs, which I doubt anyone would care to read.

*sigh*

Barring changes or someone showing me I missed something, I think I am done with PoE.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 12:31 Mr. Tact

It just seems so ludicrous I figured it might be marketing hype and was wondering if it had been independently verified...

Edit: Oh, and I've been avoiding the news lately so this was actually the first I'd heard of it.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2018, 13:12.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 11:56 Mr. Tact

Are we really sure he did that, or is this just marketing?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2018, 16:49 Mr. Tact

Without a doubt winning millions comes with some problems. That said, I don't know anyone who would turn down the winnings due to those problems.

It is an interesting issue. On the one hand, the public has a reasonable right to know the lottery people are, in fact, giving the money away and not spreading it around the office. On the other hand, I'm sure most people would prefer to remain anonymous. What's odd/crazy/silly is this is all controlled by state laws. So, in some states you can take the winnings anonymously, in others you can't, or some (like NH apparently) it is possible to be anonymous, but you have to take the right steps.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2018, 12:18 Mr. Tact

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 11:06:
Anyways, this Hughs guy is obviously using this as a get rich scheme..because 1,800 feet (even if it's a typo, 18,000 feet isn't high) he'll never prove the earth is flat from that height.
I'll go further than that, I'm willing to bet as much as anyone wants he can't prove the Earth is flat from any altitude.

6664 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo