Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6594 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2018, 18:31 Mr. Tact

Snapple being a New York thing has to be something of the long past, I've seen it in gas station convenience stores all over the country for many years.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2018, 20:38 Mr. Tact

I saw some minor indications of a failing battery in my car, I had to crank it a bit, normally it starts instantly. I often do short drives, five miles to the coffee shop, five miles back -- I'm guessing that kind of driving is tough on the battery. Looked in my records and saw the battery had recently passed its' fifth birthday. So, the next time I did a maintenance on the car I told them to put a new battery in.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 12 Ends Soon
1. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Ends Soon Jan 27, 2018, 23:36 Mr. Tact

Lulz, if you had asked me yesterday how recently the last D3 season had launched I probably would have guessed last month. Damn time flies by when you are old...

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2018, 07:26.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2018, 22:22 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 27, 2018, 18:31:
That flu article is eye-opening.
What part? There was nothing in that article which I haven't seen/read in a dozen others over the years...

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2018, 07:39 Mr. Tact

ventry wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 21:12:
Since Trumpís Election
DOW Up 32%+
Markets Increased $8 TRILLION
Economic Growth TOPS 3% 2 QTRs
Consumer Confidence 17 YR HIGH
Unemployment Rate 17 YR LOW
Jobless Benefits 45 YR LOW
Food Stamps 8 YR LOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbORdV_wrAY

Keep the hate and butthurt flowing. Still funny as hell.

Still waiting for those nukes Redeye9 ;-)
I should look it up and link it but I don't feel like putting in the effort at the moment. I have to admit, I had been thinking "Trump sucks but at least the markets like him." Then I saw a graph showing changes in the S&P 500 or the Dow Jones (don't recall which) for the first year of every president since (I think it was) 1900. Trump is in the middle of the pack, below Obama.

But take all of that with a grain or two of salt. Economics is the equivalent of voodoo. Even if Presidents did things they think helped the economy no one really knows.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2018, 16:23 Mr. Tact

Interesting, I'm in a similar situation -- rarely do I get my mail prior to 4:00 pm. I've always just assumed I'm near the end of the route.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 26, 2018, 13:36 Mr. Tact

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 11:21:
Think about how much of your life you waste in traffic.
Actually, because I chose to not live in a overly large city, very little...

9. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jan 25, 2018, 22:21 Mr. Tact

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 19:21:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 12:08:
Never really thought about it, but after reading the article it makes perfect sense. Don't really understand how anyone thinks automated cars are going to take over the roads anytime soon...
did you even read the article?
Lidar easily solves this problem. There are already several cities where vehicles are on the roads with no driver, it is already happening.
Yes I wasn't lying, I read the article -- including the part about LIDAR being expensive. Sure, the cost will come down. I'm not saying driverless cars won't happen, they will. I'm just saying it is going to take so much longer than the enthusiasts think. I'm referring to wide spread, common usage.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 25, 2018, 16:37 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 15:49:
Dave Chappelle Reveals Why He Has a No Phone PolicyJust one of the reasons. It is clearly stated on your ticket.
Yeah, for comedy -- I'd have to agree.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 25, 2018, 15:12 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 13:48:
Phones gotta be banned at shows. amen
I've only ever been to a couple of concerts and all of them were prior to the smart phone era. So, I'm not sure how qualified I am to comment on this subject, but I'm definitely conflicted about it -- I can see both sides of the argument. In the end I think I would say, I don't care if someone wants to hold up their phone to record, take a photo, whatever -- as long as doing so wasn't blocking my view of the show...

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 13:41 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I think PR is far better than the Transformer movies.  

1. Re: Why Tesla's Autopilot Can't See a Stopped Firetruck. Jan 25, 2018, 12:08 Mr. Tact

Never really thought about it, but after reading the article it makes perfect sense. Don't really understand how anyone thinks automated cars are going to take over the roads anytime soon...  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 07:32 Mr. Tact

I thought the original PR was better than I was expecting -- caught it on the movie channels. As far as Honest Trailers saying it was dumb, they say everything is dumb so that doesn't say much. Did it deserve Oscars? No. Was if fun if you can reasonably suspend your disbelief (as you should for any film outside documentaries)? Yes.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2018, 22:30 Mr. Tact

Hey jdreyer!

Have you boarded a freighter for the first time yet? Big tip: If not, don't do so until you have 20m units to buy it. Apparently there is a first and only one time offer to buy the freighter for about 17m, After that, the prices jump to "normal" which is 80m+.

Just finished up my move to the second base. Here is a screenshot.

News Comments > More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit
61. Re: More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Jan 24, 2018, 14:48 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 14:07:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 12:10:
I'd just like to take a moment and say, I haven't read a single post in this topic. And I am glad.
You have not missed anything. It's the usual suspects who have a blind hatred of the game jumping on the "anything bad about $tar Citizen" bandwagon. sigh
As I suspected, thanks for the confirmation.

News Comments > More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit
59. Re: More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Jan 24, 2018, 12:10 Mr. Tact

I'd just like to take a moment and say, I haven't read a single post in this topic. And I am glad.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Changes Live
9. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Changes Live Jan 24, 2018, 12:09 Mr. Tact

Okay first, for the record, it was launched Nov. 2004. Second, FYI, broadband was widely available by then. Third, so what exactly is your premise here? Any game created more than X years ago is not worth playing? What is X? 2? Can I assume you at least intend the limit to be for computer games? I mean, you aren't confused on why people are still playing chess, right?

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is just your qualifications in this context make your opinion worthless.

And last but not least, as a curmudgeon it is my job to be negative!

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 23, 2018, 23:57 Mr. Tact

I'd be willing to bet against self-driving cars in the next 18 months -- hell, I'd be willing to give him five years. Ain't gonna happen that fast...  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2018, 23:51 Mr. Tact

Anakaris wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 12:20:
Why anyone is still banking with Wells Fargo is a mystery.
My thought was, "Why hasn't Wells Fargo already fallen into bankruptcy due to every single depositor withdrawing all their money?" I mean seriously, even if they were the only bank in town I wouldn't bank with them. I did long distance banking from my credit union when in the USAF and that was prior to Internet banking...

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2018, 21:10 Mr. Tact

DrSquick wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 20:59:
I'd encourage you to think a bit if you want some land like you would have had (I think) in Pennsylvania. My family and I moved from a typical suburban house to almost the identical house on 5 acres, and it is amazing. We are still only 8 minutes from a grocery store, 20 minutes from a major town of 200k+ people, and 35 minutes from a massive city. But if I want to walk out to my garden nekkid I can, and not a soul will see me. I don't need to have curtains on my first floor windows any more, and it is a regular occurrence to have deer or a bunch of turkeys outside my window during my breakfast.
What are your ISP options? That's the thing which killed doing that for me. My house isn't within 10' of the neighbor's, but the south side is probably between 15 and 20 feet. Which is sufficient, the only noise I've ever heard from any of my neighbors is lawn mower, leaf blower, chainsaw kind of thing...

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2018, 23:53.

6594 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo