Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6874 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 25, 2018, 13:33 Mr. Tact

Got you beat, I've never logged into FB.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 25, 2018, 12:19 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 11:39:
No love for FB? Or has their stock fallen too much with the latest scandal?
Based off market cap., FB is a bit over half the size of each of the other three.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2018, 08:46 Mr. Tact

It is true you can't get the data back. But if enough people go to jail for long enough it might discourage others from trying in the future. Not that I think that will happen...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2018, 18:09 Mr. Tact

Given the information provided I'd say there a good chance it will work well. But then again, it wouldn't be the first time ever a cron job unexpectedly failed...  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2018, 17:23 Mr. Tact

Frans wrote on Mar 24, 2018, 17:11:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 24, 2018, 16:27:
Well, with the new certificate expiring on June 22nd, you'll soon get another chance to be timely in replacing your certificate...
What part of "auto renewal" is not clear?
Yeah... well, as someone who spent the better part of 4-5 years working on ordering, updating, and installing certificates... automatic is a relative term...

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2018, 17:07 Mr. Tact

Based on the stats provided, $600m divided by 28m sales is on average, over $21 per sale to Valve. Is it just me, or does that seem excessive?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2018, 16:27 Mr. Tact

Well, with the new certificate expiring on June 22nd, you'll soon get another chance to be timely in replacing your certificate...  

5. Re: Best fake soccer dive (fall) to draw a winning penalty shot. Mar 23, 2018, 13:55 Mr. Tact

Quboid wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 13:50:
More importantly, why do people talk about Oscars when they see an obvious dive? Shouldn't they be for the more convincing ones? Asking the big questions here...
Good point, and remember.. Everyday Football Fouls

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2018, 13:14 Mr. Tact

On the political front: I double dog dare President Trump to veto the spending bill. He doesn't have the guts to do it! He is a coward!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

2. Re: Best fake soccer dive (fall) to draw a winning penalty shot. Mar 23, 2018, 12:47 Mr. Tact

Does intent matter? Because he certainly TRIED to commit the foul, he just missed. You see this in all the contact sports, it is not unique to soccer. It's just there is so much more soccer played than the other sports there are plenty of examples...  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Mar 23, 2018, 09:15 Mr. Tact

Unfortunately, that's far too close to correct. Basically it comes down to who are dicks less often and less severely...  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2018, 09:14 Mr. Tact

Was never an Oregon Trial person, it was straight Lode Runner for me.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 22, 2018, 23:02 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 22:15:
[...] I'll go the other way and say cryptocurrency will be all but dead inside of 10 years. [...]
I doubt that. Bitcoin might be gone, but even if it is, something else will be around. The idea isn't bad, the tech just really isn't there yet. As I said earlier in the topic, it will come eventually, just not nearly as soon as the enthusiasts believe it will.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2018, 18:17 Mr. Tact

I agree deciding to not watch a film based on an "Honest Trailer" would be a poor decision.

Something I like to think I am good at as someone who likes film, is "suspending my disbelief". I do a pretty good job of going with the flow of a film and not wasting time rethinking things, at least until after the film is over. There is a popular theme which I have difficulty choking down and that is stupidity as humor -- and I throw most slap stick into that. There are exceptions though, for instance I like most Monty Python, to my mind their stuff is usually more silly than stupid -- a difference you don't see often...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2018, 17:31 Mr. Tact

Wait, 25 is approaching 40? Anyway, I always thought Millenials had birth dates from the mid 80s forward.. people who "came of age" after 2000. Personally, I'm near the end of the usual range given for baby boomers but I really don't have much in common with BBs. I'm much more of a Gen X guy...  

10. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2018, 14:56 Mr. Tact

Oh, and to be clear -- until now I had no clue all those films where from the same director/producer/whatever. I rejected each separately based on their trailers and reviews I read about the films. I was not purposely avoiding Wes Anderson...  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 22, 2018, 14:53 Mr. Tact

Damn, missed it.  

9. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2018, 14:50 Mr. Tact

I'd like to think I'm a bigger fan of cinema than the "average Joe". Like I said, I am trying to see as many of the Best Film Oscar winners as I can. And I do occasionally watch films which I'm not particularly drawn to personally, simply because they receive wide acclaim. While I don't go to the theater often in the 2000s I have had three separate "binges" of films through Netflix. In each of the three I watched over 150 films over 8-9 months, so collectively about 450-500 films over 2.5 to 3 years. I just started a fourth binge about a month ago, although currently I'm just catching up on some sci-fi stuff, like "Altered Carbon", "Black Mirror", "The OA", and "Stranger Things".

I'll throw Mr. Anderson's films back into the "consider this" pile. But they're pretty far down the list...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2018, 12:28 Mr. Tact

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 11:52:
Oh you mean the other side is better?
LOL they make it even easier to see:

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/974450928714747906
Haha! Some great clips there. But yeah, both sides get caught saying one thing and then doing another. My main issue with the GOP is I don't even like many of the things they SAY they want/are going to do...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 22, 2018, 12:13 Mr. Tact

Well, I don't want them using my machine to create crypto currency. But I'm in no way surprised the attempts to do this are increasing. Anyway, do you actually expect me to respond to Cutter in a serious manner?  

6874 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo