Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6934 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2018, 11:45 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 11:25:
So if the GOP roll back emission standards as they want will those cars go up for sale once again? Or is VW just selling them off in third world countries without any standards? Either way no one should be buying VW.
I almost laughed out loud when in the video they give the statement of VW claiming the cars in the lot were "routinely maintained." Ha! I'm sure...

You know what would be great? If VW was forced to ship everyone of those vehicles (from all 37 car parks) back to Germany. That might cause some interesting reactions...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2018, 11:40 Mr. Tact

I completely understand what you are saying, and yes I wasn't expecting them to lay it all out. There needs to be material for the remaining seasons, still giving basically no answers was disappointing to me.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2018, 11:36 Mr. Tact

Because it would interfere with the cash flow. *shrug* Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he is naive, idealistic clown. He certainly wouldn't be alone in the category.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2018, 11:12 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 10:50:
I enjoyed 'Counterpart', no disappointment here.
So, you weren't expecting to find out anything in season one?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2018, 10:38 Mr. Tact

Oh and gets it, he just doesn't give a fuck. He's the CEO, bitch.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2018, 10:28 Mr. Tact

So, I meant to ask the other day... Anyone here been watching Counterpart, and if so are you as disappointed as I was at how few answers we got in the season one ending episode?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2018, 18:18 Mr. Tact

ldonyo wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 12:55:
"Valuation" is the wrong word for the total value of all shares of a company's stock. "Pipe Dream" or "Full Con" are closer to the truth, especially with IPO's of companies that haven't made much, if anything, to date.
You are talking about Tesla, right?

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Apr 3, 2018, 15:09 Mr. Tact

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 14:52:
We also apologize for Dan Patrick ...
Initially I was like, "Huh? What do you have against Dan Patrick?" But I did a quick Google and found out the Lt. Governor of Texas is also named Dan Patrick.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
39. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Apr 3, 2018, 14:24 Mr. Tact

Well, I'll give Kxmode one thing -- he is consistent in acting on faith...  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 13:33 Mr. Tact

I don't know if murder charges are appropriate, but having "netting" above a water slide like that would seem to be begging for someone to have a finger or hand ripped off... makes me a little queasy just thinking about it.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 13:19 Mr. Tact

I've read a couple of these "Why 2001: A Space Odyssey was great" articles and I agree it is a great film, a masterpiece. However, that particular article seemed like it was written by a high school student, not particularly worth reading...  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 3, 2018, 11:11 Mr. Tact

Don't cha' know, everyone covers everything. I was chastised the other day for wondering why Forbes was covering the condom inhaling story...  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Apr 3, 2018, 09:50 Mr. Tact

I suspect the danger from cell phone radiation is minimal, but there. As previously stated, localized heat could be an issue too in certain cases. Since the days of the brick phones I always thought it seemed like it might be a bad idea to have something like that next to your head for significant amounts of time. I frequently use a very simple, basic headset when talking on my cell. Mainly because I want to have my hands free to type on the computer, but I have always figured the less time I have a cell phone pressed against my head, the better.

About Facebook and the videos, as Bats indicated, absolutely no surprise there.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Apr 3, 2018, 09:38 Mr. Tact

theglaze wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 21:50:
Maybe the motorcyclist could have avoided the contact, if he wasn't trying to peel out and zip passed everyone off the line. Instead of looking at traffic to see if everyone stopped, he noticed the slow driver to his right, decided to rev up the engine, and began to swing the bike wide right to speed through the intersection with a cheeky pass. You can hear his tire chirp from the acceleration he was applying.

I know that urge, and how dangerous it is.

The closest I've ever come to being hit by a car was in a similar situation: I was lined up with a bunch of trucks at a oneway-to-oneway intersection as the light switched to green. Normally I'd drop the clutch and clear the intersection as fast as possible, but I couldn't see over the hood of a jacked up truck to my immediate right. I coudln't see if everyone stopped for the red.

I paced the truck for the first 6 feet, and noticed a blur to my right and him apply his brakes. I did too... and some woman in a sedan blew the red at full speed, missing the truck and my front tire by a foot. Probably thinking about her ex or something...

Would have t-boned me on my motorcycle at 35mph and I would not be here typing this if I let my urge for speed win over my assumptions about safety.
Good job. I'm glad to see a motorcycle rider say that, because my immediate thought upon watching the video was, "Uh, he never looked to the left after the light changed." Even in my car when stopped at a light, when the light changes to green, I look both ways before proceeding. There are just way too many idiot drivers out there not to, I see people roaring through late yellows or reds on nearly a daily basis. Maybe that makes me an old geezer, but it makes me a geezer that is alive.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
22. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 3, 2018, 09:10 Mr. Tact

haha -- okay, that is hilarious... I had written something like, "I did some pretty idiotic things as a kid, but.." then I decided it sounded like a old geezer waving a finger, so I deleted it...  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 00:27 Mr. Tact

Rigs wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 22:43:
But, believe it or not, I'd take a hurricane over a tornado. Any day of the week! Those things are nas-t! If I never see one in my lifetime, I'll be perfectly happy with that. That's why you'd never see me living in the mid-west. I'll take a hurricane at 2am any time than an EF4 or 5 tornado at 2am!
=-Rigs-=
Nah, in the modern western world, tornados are easy. With the existence of emergency radios and warning sirens they are practically wimpy. Basically three types of people killed by are tornados:

1) Kids
2) Idiots
3) The incapacitated, that is to say people who don't have sufficient mobility to get out of the way or to a proper shelter easily. For instance, elderly who have very low mobility and live alone, or someone who is bed-ridden, stuff like that.

You think you are desensitized to hurricanes? I lived in Oklahoma City for a couple of years. Before we left, there could be a tornado on the ground within a 50 mile radius with the storm coming our way and we would be outside playing catch in the open field across from my house. You can stay outside watching the damn thing until even an F5 is nearly on top of you, and still get into shelter and survive easily. Yeah, the damage in the aftermath is a pain, but survival is not difficult.

19. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 2, 2018, 19:12 Mr. Tact

Ah... that makes a bit more sense. Although I'd have to agree anyone inhaling a condom is a moron.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2018, 19:07 Mr. Tact

Hey Rigs, I'll gladly take my spring snow over having to deal with hurricanes. It is not even close...  

17. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 2, 2018, 18:21 Mr. Tact

Wait... is he calling me a millennial? If so, that would be funniest damn thing I've heard in a long time.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2018, 14:47 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 13:33:
You want actual sales numbers and transparency from Valve, who do you think you are.
Actually I'd be happy with just a Top 10 list which makes sense, without any sales figures. Just knowing the order of the list would be fine with me.

6934 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo