Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4537 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 11:14 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:08:
Except that one time they took blood and I went blind for 5-10 minutes, that was freaky as hell...
What the hell? Did you get an explanation?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 13:52 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:30:
Batman v Superman- Dawn of Justice - Official Trailer 2.

Someone please stop Zach Snyder...PLEASE.
In fairness, I liked this trailer a lot more than the first.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2015, 10:26 Mr. Tact

Pigeon wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 10:01:
Good to know others are stepping up to help. I'm sure Express Scripts reasons for doing this isn't wholly out of the goodness of their hearts,
Saw part of an interview with someone from ES and he stated they are still making a profit at $1 per pill.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 13:41 Mr. Tact

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 11:52:
You see Batman, with his BLACK EYE MAKEUP and mask on. Superman comes up and pulls it off and POOF... WHERE THE FUCK DID THE EYE MAKEUP GO?!?
*meh* His eyes are in shadow the whole time, there might be black makeup, there might not. If this was an NFL replay I'd say whichever way you want to call it, couldn't be overturned.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 11:31 Mr. Tact

Into Darkness was a total failure as far as the script goes IMHO. In the first film they decide to create an entirely different "Star Trek universe" where Vulcan has been destroyed. Opening up the possibility of totally original story lines, having nothing to do with the pre-existing shows or movies. Instead, the make their second movie have the same villain as the "original" second movie. Amazing creativity guys...  

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow
9. Re: Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow Dec 1, 2015, 08:36 Mr. Tact

Okay, maybe over-hyped isn't the right word. I should have said I don't understand the seemingly large appeal the game appears to have.

I did try it, albeit for a brief 30 minutes or so. But then I often seem fail to grasp the attraction of many "popular" things. Maybe it's just me being a curmudgeon..

I'm not faulting anyone for liking the game, just saying I don't get it.

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow
6. Re: Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow Nov 30, 2015, 19:14 Mr. Tact

Personally, I think the game is severely over hyped. I first saw it when my sister's husband was playing one night when I was visiting. I can't imagine paying more that $5 for it, or playing it for move than 2 or 3 hours.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 30, 2015, 19:11 Mr. Tact

Makes me think about the comments I've read about job searchers should be careful about what they post on social sites and how it is normal for employers to now research prospective employee's social media. Always made me laugh, been in the same job for 20 years now so I've never had to face that -- but even if I did, any employer would be hard pressed to find much of any presence of me on the Internet. They might find some of my participation in on-line Link Access Golf competitions in the late 1990s...  

News Comments > Black Friday Tech Bits
9. Re: Black Friday Tech Bits Nov 30, 2015, 18:50 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 16:27:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 16:00:
Win 7 freefalling... From 65% market all the way down to 64.2%. Oh noes.
Huge sharp drop that.
"There are three kinds of lies..." That said, while I agree with the sentiment, I'm pretty sure they are talking about the 7.0% drop from Q1 to Nov., not the .8% drop from Oct. to Nov.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 18:56.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2015, 22:04 Mr. Tact

I knew there was a reason I stopped building my own PCs in the late 90s..  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2015, 18:14 Mr. Tact

mag wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 16:11:
I always had the idea in my head of the Clone Wars being this decades-long thing, and the slow transition from Republic to Empire happening over a really long time. And the Clone Wars being a long-in-the-past thing. Like, Force-users would age more slowly, right? Hence Yoda being 900. And then it's like twenty years
Yeah, I had similar thoughts. When it was revealed that Vader was Luke's father, I was disappointed because I had assumed Vader was hundreds of years old, like Yoda. That he had "sustained" himself with the Force. Finding out he was Luke's 50 something father was a big let down. I assumed his origin was "lost in time".

Pigeon wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 17:22:
Midichlorians were a completely unnecessary inclusion that just added a layer of complication in an attempt to explain why some could use the force and others couldn't.
Exactly. Midichlorians alone are nearly sufficient to call for Lucus's execution. No explanation was necessary.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2015, 14:17 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 12:29:
Your life is going to McDonalds everyday until you die? Jesus that's sad.
They seem to have become the "local coffee shop" in some places. Sometimes when I headout early, I'll stop in to grab an orange juice and I've seen a collection of elderly gentlemen there drinking coffee and talking.

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
15. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 18:04 Mr. Tact

What I like are the truck commercials (GM?) I've been seeing recently with the Black Friday savings of $7000+ -- lol. So, what they are saying is they can still make money even after reducing the price by $7,000? Gee, thanks. As a friend of mine likes to say, "STOP RIPPING US OFF!"  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2015, 18:00 Mr. Tact

Never have done the Black Friday thing. Although there were certainly deals I wouldn't mind getting -- it just never seemed to be worth with the effort of "fighting" the crowds.  

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
13. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 27, 2015, 12:41 Mr. Tact

Not sure what qualifies as "automatic". I used to get an icon in the systray indicating updates were available. Hadn't seen that in a while. I wouldn't want it to be fully automatic, I want to browse through the updates. I do occasionally (not often) bypass some updates labeled as important.

Just went looking, it appears when I went into the Window Update from the control panel, the icon appeared. For some reason the icon didn't show up in the systray prior to my opening the Windows Update panel. Looks like my last update was 7/21 -- 41 important updates waiting. Guess I'll install them...

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2015, 11:20 Mr. Tact

Something you likely overlooked -- "Bio of a Space Tyrant" a five book series by Piers Anthony -- I know, I know. The "sci-fi" factor is pretty low actually. But it's the most realistic view of man's likely early extra-terrestrial expansion into the solar system I've read to date.

Probably can't be considered great sci-fi, but worth the read in my opinion.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
10. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 27, 2015, 10:16 Mr. Tact

Hmmm, I'm using Win7 Pro and haven't seen any upgrade pop-ups. I did notice recently it's been a while since I've had an automatic update. Did they actually end that for Win7?  

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
15. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2015, 10:12 Mr. Tact

NKD wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 23:00:
He addressed only the response to such calls, saying essentially that he believed the cops are too eager to get out the SWAT toys.

But your post didn't address that at all. I think that's what he means by changing the subject.
Are you saying he wasn't placing fault onto the police? Unless I'm missing something his reply implies the improper response is the fault of the "dumbass pigs". Perhaps I would have been less likely to infer an implication of blame onto the police if his language had been less inflammatory.

Whatever.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2015, 10:05 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 05:42:
I just finished reading the fifth book the series is based on. One of the best space operas I've read in the last decade. Great, great series. Highly recommended for you SciFi bookworms out there....
Hmmm, I'm always looking for good SciFi. Someone on this forum put me onto the Commonweatlh series by Peter Hamilton which I enjoyed. On the wiki page I see five finished books and another due in 2016, is there an end in sight? I prefer to wait until the series is finished before starting. Hence why I refuse to start on the A Song of Ice and Fire, by Martin. Not Sci-Fi, but the same rule applies.

Personally, I highly recommend Iain M. Bank's culture novels. To date the fictional universe I most wish I lived in.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2015, 10:21.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
9. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2015, 22:50 Mr. Tact

I changed the subject? So, you weren't calling the police over zealous and trigger happy? Okay, I'll bite. What were you attempting to imply?  

4537 Comments. 227 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo