Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6670 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 24, 2018, 13:31 Mr. Tact

Local fiber project supposed to start building out in my neighborhood this spring... can't wait to tell Comcast to FO.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2018, 15:15 Mr. Tact

*shrug*

I have no problems with people who didn't like the film. Different strokes for different folks. However, I don't think a world-wide ecological disaster is that silly. In fact, as unlikely as it might be, I find it uncomfortably possible.

As for the ending, I have to say initially I thought the first 2/3 of the film were great and the last 1/3 was terrible. But I have become less critical of the ending over additional viewings and time. Still, again, I have no issue if anyone doesn't like the ending. To each their own...

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
90. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 13:42 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 12:32:
Have I prevented any massacres? Probably not. But you never know...
You may have prevented some suicides. I think it is overly optimistic to think "anyone close to this boy could have stopped this from happening." While I'll agree it is possible someone could have we simply don't know enough to think that's true. For all we know, someone tried and was rejected. Still, I agree trying is correct and probably most useful thing to do.

3. Re: Interstellar - TARS and CASE (Bonus Feature) Feb 23, 2018, 13:37 Mr. Tact

Wow, really enjoyed that, nice touch having the music from Interstellar in the background -- which I also liked. When I saw the film I thought they had done a excellent job with TARS and CASE, I appreciate seeing a bit more of the story behind creating them. I think I'll watch the other Interstellar bonus features I saw linked in YouTube...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 23, 2018, 12:09 Mr. Tact

It is all a matter of proper language. After all it is illegal to, while under oath, lie to Congress. Yet executives of every major tobacco company sat there and said "I believe nicotine is not addictive."

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2018, 08:54 Mr. Tact

The article also says,
The precise distance between the border and Palacios' ranch matters: under federal law, agents can go onto private property that is within 25 miles of the border "for the purpose of patrolling the border to prevent the illegal entry of aliens into the United States."
First of all, I'm surprised that law hasn't been challenged. Second, the article indicates clearly Palacios' ranch is not withing that 25 mile region, it less clearly seems to be saying he is 35 miles from the border. That must be a heck of a camera to be useful spotting border crossings from 35 miles away.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
9. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 22, 2018, 20:57 Mr. Tact

Train and arm gamers to protect us against devs?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 22, 2018, 16:15 Mr. Tact

No reason to blame the inventor.. it is technology which was going to happen no matter what. In a few years (10?), they'll be able to take images of a person and then essentially make films -- aka Looker, although without the subconscious/hypnotic effect.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2018, 14:23 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 13:25:
Saw the Ford Ranger as well. Looks really nice but it's deffo more of a mid-sized truck than a small truck now and it looks fucking expensive.
Is it just me or have pick-up trucks, with some minor exceptions, always been overpriced? Never needed/bought one, so I never looked closely, but every time I saw prices I was always a bit surprised how high they seemed.

News Comments > Warcraft III PTR Resumes
4. Re: Warcraft III PTR Resumes Feb 22, 2018, 12:03 Mr. Tact

Really? Wow, old age sucks. I don't remember there being 12 player capability. Yeah, I can imagine the graphics probably don't seem very good any longer...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2018, 11:41 Mr. Tact

They certainly weren't vocally talented. But they were in the right place at the right time. I hope they managed to save significant money from their brief fame.  

News Comments > Warcraft III PTR Resumes
1. Re: Warcraft III PTR Resumes Feb 22, 2018, 11:31 Mr. Tact

Wait, what? 24 player multiplayer? Been a while since I've played WCIII, but the most players I have tried was 3 v 3 -- and that was three humans vs three computer players. I'd be interested to see a 24 player game, can't really imagine what that would be like...  

News Comments > R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax
40. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 09:59 Mr. Tact

Whenever I see discussions on this subject my mind inevitably wanders to The Trigger -- the idea provides an interesting thought experiment. What would the actual impact be?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2018, 23:16 Mr. Tact

Haha, stumbled onto this story:

Dogecoin Cryptocurrency

While Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies might not be "this bad", what happened in this case is essentially how I personally think about them. At least for now...

News Comments > R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax
7. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 21, 2018, 21:46 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 21:42:
When I was three, I was watching the Roadrunner, and Wile E. Coyote got smacked in the head with something, and stars circled his head. So I picked up my Tonka loader and smashed my 1 year old brother on the head with it. "Where the stars mommy?" I asked. Mom threw out the TV that night, and we didn't get another one until I was 10.
Just tell us now, JD -- where are the bodies buried? Devil

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2018, 19:08 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 16:48:
I do not know about those things. I only know what I see and hear.
You haven't seen or heard his total disregard for the legal process? He honestly believes he is above it.

I find his lying simply fascinating. I have little doubt he actually believes he is telling the truth during many of his lies, despite many of them being demonstrably untrue. This is what makes the lies pathological. He literally can not stop himself. And he thinks no one will realize he is lying, because he thinks it is normal, he thinks everyone else is doing the same thing.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2018, 09:06 Mr. Tact

Although he lacks a normal level of empathy for others, I doubt he is an actual sociopath. You did however forgot to mention that he is:

nihilistic --
1) of or believing in nihilism, or the total rejection of established laws and institutions

pathological liar --
1) a person who tells lies frequently, with no rational motive for doing so.

racist --
1) a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2018, 20:34 Mr. Tact

Oh the irony...  

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary Details
12. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 20:33 Mr. Tact

Well, like I said -- I built three characters in three different leagues. Based on the trading though, I'd guess it isn't a small minority playing in Standard.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary Details
10. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 18:58 Mr. Tact

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 18:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 16:47:
So, are you deleting your items, your currency, and your characters at the end of each league?

I actually do this. I can't even remember the last time I stepped foot in Standard because I don't see the point. This is just how I feel though as I know standard is still pretty popular especially among mirror services and whatnot.
Okay, color me impressed -- it would be interesting to know what portion of the game population does what you do. While I understand there is some additional fun in starting over with new game updates it's all the "little" stuff, like leveling the Masters, which annoys me. But hey, different strokes for different folks. If you are having fun that's all that matters, right? Power to the people!

6670 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo