Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5740 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released
2. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released Jun 15, 2017, 20:43 Mr. Tact

Yeah. As I have commented before, I'm a pretty big cycling fan, especially for being in the US -- but this game leaves me with a large question mark sitting over my head. I simply fail to understand the appeal.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 15, 2017, 20:04 Mr. Tact

That is a seriously bored guy...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Off topic Jun 15, 2017, 18:40 Mr. Tact

Noticed today Hollywood is remaking Flatliners -- really guys? Can't come up with any new ideas, eh? Disappointed Ellen Page is doing this film, she can do better.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2017, 22:17 Mr. Tact

NKD wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 20:35:
In other good news, the Senate passed new sanctions on Russia, in response to their meddling in our election, by a vote of 97-2 and included limitations that prevent Trump from unilaterally lifting such sanctions without the approval of Congress.
Awesome. I've been busy and haven't had time to be perusing the news recently, so thanks for the information. Apparently Rand Paul and Mike Lee were the votes against.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2017, 22:12 Mr. Tact

Tom wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 22:05:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 19:57:
It had a good framework, but the game play was some what limited.
Thanks, I haven't laughed that hard in a while!
Not absolutely sure, but I assume you are indicating there was plenty of game play. But it was basically trade rares, explore, or do some basic combat missions. It was fun. As I said, I played for hundreds of hours. Hell, I did a travel into the nether reaches of space that took probably two hundred hours. But it was limited...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
17. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 14, 2017, 20:19 Mr. Tact

Well, you are right about one thing Simon -- we haven't been shown the evidence. However, either the intelligence community has seen some or they are all coordinating a disinformation campaign against the US population to make us think they have. Could that be the case? Sure. How likely is that? Difficult to say.

Also, I don't think any responsible person has indicated the Russians materially altered our election. Only that they attempted to do so, and were attempting to influence it. Based on the gullibility shown by the US voting population recently, it wouldn't be surprising such an effort would be successful.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
19. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 19:57 Mr. Tact

I should probably fire this up again. I put a few hundred, if not a thousand, hours into it before I got distracted by other things. It had a good framework, but the game play was some what limited. It's been a while now since I played. I think there have been two content releases since I stopped...  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 4
2. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 4 Jun 14, 2017, 19:51 Mr. Tact

Haha, "Final Fantasy VII remake in 2042"...

Never been to any of these conferences. But despite some of them getting good reviews, unlike E3, I've never felt any urge to attend one. Always seems like way too much hassle for the payoff to me...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2017, 07:23 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 04:05:
Democrats may sweep to power during the 2018 elections, and they might impeach Trump though.
I'd love to see the Ds have a sweeping win in the 2018 elections. However, I'll believe it when I see it.

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
26. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 11:39 Mr. Tact

LOL. Get back on your medication, Slick. I'm so sorry that when on a gaming news site, after watching a video labeled "Anthem Official Teaser Trailer" I wondered "aloud", WTF? Sort of amusing you would complain about continuous negative posts when ranting with your caps lock on. A glorious display of what's wrong with the Internet.  

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
7. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 11, 2017, 21:16 Mr. Tact

What exactly about this video is supposed to make me want to buy this game?  

50. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2017, 19:47 Mr. Tact

bigspender wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 05:41:
Well I figure you'd rather hear it from an attractive woman than from me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI
There isn't much "attractive" about modern food preparation, period. If that video bothers you significantly, then vegan is a good move. Personally though, the only thing that video did for me was to remind me it has been a while since I've had veal, think I'll go out to dinner and get some.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2017, 20:08.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2017, 10:02 Mr. Tact

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 08:39:
apparently you failed to notice that the people who are concerned about "Sharia Law" ARE THE GOP and their supporters, fanatics, etc... and I dont think they are interested in stopping their own platform...
Yes, that's true for some. But there is a portion of the population which isn't rabidly in the GOP corner who simply don't take the time to think about it. Who, if they spent some time considering both points of view might realize "Sharia Law" is way down the list of things to worry about if you are living in the US...

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2017, 08:24 Mr. Tact

As others have indicated, I think anyone concerned about "Sharia law" in the US would be better off paying attention to and trying to stop the GOP's platform. What they are doing to voting rights, women's healthcare rights, and all kinds of other issues where they are trying to force on the population their ideas of what is "right" based on their own religious beliefs.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2017, 17:59 Mr. Tact

RIP Adam West.  

3. Re: Driver attempts to parallel park in generously-sized space for 6 minutes. Jun 10, 2017, 13:44 Mr. Tact

That is some seriously bad parking ability...  

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 22:18 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 22:07:
Go west!
I really have no desire to live anywhere but where I am currently living, but I have to admit California's solution to the problem is fairly compelling. (Assuming it is actually passed into law)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: 20 of the Worst PC Setups - May 2017 Jun 8, 2017, 22:01 Mr. Tact

The only time I had anything close to being that bad was when I was in the USAF and living in temporary quarters after having changed stations (moved). I packed the PC into the car for the move and didn't have any of my furniture...  

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 21:40 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 20:39:
Meanwhile, while all eyes are one Comey, in the Senate McConnell is trying to ram through the AHCA. Two days for debate then vote. 25 million fewer will have health insurance per the CBO. Those people will still go to the ER though and those costs passed on to consumers like us.
Well, I'd say the AHCA is highly likely to screw me, seeing as I am currently getting a substantial subsidy. Here's to hoping the Ds manage to put it off somehow...

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 20:28 Mr. Tact

I liked milk as a kid and I still like it now. Probably drank a half gallon or more a day all the way up to and through high school. Real milk, whole milk. Can't stand that 2% or skim stuff. And I can't say what portion it played, probably a lot less than my genes, but I did grow to be 6' 2.5" tall.

That said, I don't drink it that much these days because I prefer to not "drink my calories". But every now and then I'll splurge and buy a gallon.

5740 Comments. 287 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo