Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 7189 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2018, 23:46 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 23:22:
How the Koch Brothers Are Killing Public Transit Projects Around the Country

Just wow. And people think Trump is bad. If they only knew about all the shit these assholes do on a daily basis.
The only reason Trump doesn't do things like what the Koch brothers do is because he isn't as rich as the Koch brothers. If he had the money, and he would profit from it, he would do it. All three are prime examples of capitalism gone bad.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 18:53 Mr. Tact

Semi-random question. Is four plant "a lot"? How many joints a month are you going to get out of four plants? I don't know beans about MJ.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 12:52 Mr. Tact

Thanks, Cram. Good to know bureaucracy isn't exclusive to the US.

Again, I look forward to seeing how things proceed...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 10:27 Mr. Tact

It will be interesting to see how things go in Canada. I didn't notice anything in the article about taxes. Do we know how heavy a tax will be applied? Wonder if this will cause a surge of US to Canada immigration.  

2. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2018, 21:26 Mr. Tact

Uh, yep.  

News Comments > PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans
2. Re: PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans Jun 19, 2018, 21:16 Mr. Tact

Most of them?  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 19, 2018, 20:04 Mr. Tact

DangerDog wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 16:16:
The Holocaust is already fading from memory, "Half of People Surveyed by the ADL Don't Know What the Holocaust Is"
First for the most part, half of the people don't know jack. Most people can't keep track of important current events let alone historical events. Second, this is inevitable for the most part. Although I'd think it will be a few generations yet before it happens. However, barring a major worldwide cataclysm it won't be removed from the history books for 100s of years, if not 1000s of years. And only then because of some even greater atrocity...

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2018, 20:14.

26. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2018, 15:56 Mr. Tact

gilly775 wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 12:14:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 11:12:
gilly775 wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 09:04:
$8,008.10, but I know that at least 1/4 to a half were free or humble bundle packages.
Eh? Are you saying your total could/should be more because you were buying deals or that the figure is some kind of total of MSRPs and not actual money spent?

The latter. I watched it once adding both a $1 bundle and a free game and it went up based on the MSRP.
Well that is kind of lame.

21. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2018, 11:12 Mr. Tact

gilly775 wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 09:04:
$8,008.10, but I know that at least 1/4 to a half were free or humble bundle packages.
Eh? Are you saying your total could/should be more because you were buying deals or that the figure is some kind of total of MSRPs and not actual money spent?

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2018, 11:06 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 00:10:
Human politics religion is a facade. Tricks disguised as illusions into making people believe they will personally benefit if they support a person or a particular political religious organization. When it comes to politics religion, people are rubes. Their imperfection coupled with innate selfish desires are thoroughly incapable of helping anyone.

6. Re: Into the Black Jun 18, 2018, 22:34 Mr. Tact

I am wimpy -- $636.28.

I don't remember, was Steam required for HL? Or did that happen with HL2? Whichever it was, that's when I got Steam. But it wasn't until many years afterward that I used Steam for anything else.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 18, 2018, 20:07 Mr. Tact

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 19:50:
Also, I dont know a single Christian who is politically neutral.
If they were, Trump might not be president. (was going to say, wouldn't be, but I don't feel like looking up the numbers...)

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2018, 15:44 Mr. Tact

$16 does seem incredibly cheap for 90 minutes of their time, water, soap and shampoo. Do they also sell all the standard pet products? Food, toys, etc.. If so, they might be using the bathing station as a loss leader to get you in the store.  

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
24. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 15:39 Mr. Tact

I'm not sure addiction implies you are doing something you don't enjoy. It is more of an issue of you engaging the activity so much it causes damage to some other portion of your life. And/or a compulsion to continue engaging in the activity despite the damage caused.

As for gaming being an addiction. Anything can be an addiction. It is not gaming that's the problem. The person has a compulsive/obsessive problem which is focused on gaming.

10. Re: Nuclear Power Won’t Survive Without A Government Handout Jun 17, 2018, 22:47 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 21:24:
I'm a fluoride thorium man, myself.
Or that, or any other reasonable alternative to current systems. Instead of spending money keeping the current plants running, the money should be used for development of these other safer systems.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2018, 21:05 Mr. Tact

Even if IQ scores are collectively going down, which I wasn't convinced of with the study given. It is a more complicated problem than that. Everyone is so specialized. The modern world isn't "easy". Think about a simple #2 lead pencil. Sells for pennies. Could you make one?

At several levels the modern world is a house of cards. Critical industries reliant on other critical industries, sometimes only found on the other side of the world. I'm not saying a collapse will definitely happen any time soon. But if one did happen, I wouldn't be shocked.

2. Re: Nuclear Power Won’t Survive Without A Government Handout Jun 17, 2018, 15:56 Mr. Tact

If we could get Pebble-bed reactors running and scalable, or something similar -- that would help. But yeah, the kind of systems we have now should just go away as they reach the end of their lifespans...  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2018, 23:13 Mr. Tact

Soccer / World Cup question:

Player A gets a yellow card in his team's first match. Player A gets a yellow card in his team's second match. He is now suspended for the next match. Late in the second game he gets a third yellow card. He is removed from the game for getting two yellows in the same game. My question -- is he now only one yellow card from a second suspension? I would assume so, but just wanted to verify.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 5
21. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 5 Jun 16, 2018, 23:05 Mr. Tact

Satisfactory might be a day one purchase. But we need a little more information to be sure. The initial look is good, now they need to follow-thru...  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
3. Re: urday Patches Jun 16, 2018, 22:09 Mr. Tact

My favorite day of the week, "urday".  

7189 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo