Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5579 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2017, 12:55 Mr. Tact

Path of Exile 3.0 -- The Fall of Oriath launches in about three hours. Anyone care to predict how it will go?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2017, 11:00 Mr. Tact

Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 01:02:
Aware of what most people consider "reality"? This is what you think of the person who suggested that we could solve all the world's problems by posting everything on Facebook and forgetting about face-to-face interaction? Zuckerberg is nothing but a selfish, manipulating tool who apparently has nothing better to do with his money, so he'll run for some sort of political office. He's a terrible leader who doesn't consider the repercussions of any of the technology he's investing in and he would destroy all online anonymity. Definitely not someone who should ever be in any kind of government position.
I put reality in quotes in an attempt to indicate how few people seem to acknowledge it. And while Zuckerberg might be a tool(I already said he was a dick), I'm guessing he is above the midpoint on that scale.

"the technology he's investing in and he would destroy all online anonymity" -- Okay, I'll bite what are you talking about?

And as far as "not someone who should ever be in any kind of government position".. have you seen who is in the cabinet? There is nowhere to go but up from here...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2017, 22:18 Mr. Tact

The limited indications I've seen tell me Zuckerberg is as much of a dick as Trump. That said, he probably is smarter and more aware of what most people consider "reality". Overall, difficult to say -- he might be great in the role, he might be terrible.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2017, 08:37 Mr. Tact

Which one? LOL.  

News Comments > WoW Bans
18. Re: WoW Bans Aug 2, 2017, 13:40 Mr. Tact

MoonSpook wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 03:51:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 21:25:
Again, my question would be does that mean the mechanics for soaking up corruption and properly grouping for special attacks are not active? Seems to me those mechanics are such they lead to wipes. Granted this is all from me watching videos trying to teach the fight.
The mechanics are there, but they're so insignificant now that you can mostly ignore them. Honestly, you'll kill him in one go unless you have the worst LFR group ever.
Finally got off my lazy butt and did this -- you were correct, killing Xavius in a LFR group was ridiculously easy. Unfortunately, a quest in the chain toward flying after it is still considerably broke even though Blizzard has known about the problem for a long time -- as documented at Wowhead.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 1, 2017, 21:56 Mr. Tact

$20 billion is about 1/4 of their market capitalization -- I'm not familiar enough with corporate practices to know if that is significant or not. However, it seems like a lot to me...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
56. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 13:51 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 12:15:
Trump has actually produced a lot of stuff in his time. Those hotels didn't build themselves.
Well, you are right in that they didn't build themselves. But in many cases neither did Trump. He simply sold his name to the building. Even in the cases where his companies were actually involved in the construction, I'd be shocked if Trump himself acted as anything other than a back seat interior decorator.

Neither has he produced steaks, wine, suits, or any of the dozens of other products carrying the Trump brand. Trump sells branding and marketing, except on rare occasions, he produces nothing.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2017, 10:12 Mr. Tact

I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the calendar this morning, "August already?" Didn't realize your move was still months away, I thought you were in the final stages of clearing out...  

27. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 00:09 Mr. Tact

Gibbage wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 00:07:
Wake me up with they file for bankruptcy and everyone is stuck with a 30 million dollar tech demo.
Aren't we $100+ million now?

6. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 21:31 Mr. Tact

I am surprised. I'm surprised they didn't delay to 2018...  

27. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 31, 2017, 20:22 Mr. Tact

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 17:43:
Lincoln
This film alone is nearly enough to earn Spielberg a life time award.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 16:52 Mr. Tact

His balls got broken alright...  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 14:58 Mr. Tact

Woo hoo! Grats.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2017, 13:01 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 12:13:
That's right, we don't. At least I don't.
Yeah, right. Move to a country without significant law enforcement infrastructure and I suspect you'd change your mind quickly.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 11:40 Mr. Tact

Chill Half Elf, everyone deserves to have an opinion, even if it is wrong.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2017, 23:38 Mr. Tact

Cutter, I suggest you petition your local government to eliminate their police force. Clearly you don't need them...  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2017, 08:55 Mr. Tact

Ignorance is a huge problem. It was a show alright. If you can believe the GOP is devious and clever enough you could argue they all were performing for the cameras. Now the entire GOP, with the exception of three senators, can run on "We did everything we could to repeal Obamacare but we just didn't have the votes in the Senate." You could suspect the GOP Senators knew the whole time McCain, Collins and Murkowski would vote no, allowing the rest of them to vote yes without consequence. Just like so many of them did when they knew a repeal would be vetoed by President Obama.

You might think, "How can they run on the fact they were trying to repeal the ACA with all the protests even in red states?" Because their base believes them. When they say the skinny repeal would have fixed everything, the base will believe it. Despite the fact it is demonstratively false. I really fear the talking heads are wrong, despite all appearances of this being a major defeat for the GOP, they will successfully convert it into at least a minor victory at the polls and in the voting booths.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 22:53 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 19:28:
Tells you all you need to know really. This bill is about defunding the ACA and Medicaid and giving those savings to the very rich.
Indeed. I was just catching up on news (had a busy day) and was shocked/amazed/angered/so many emotions I won't bother to take the time to list... that this "skinny repeal", an 8 page bill, was written over lunch the same day the GOP forced a vote on it.

Really? You want to effectively rewrite the rules around 1/6 of the economy over lunch? WTF? I wouldn't want ANYONE doing that -- Rs, Ds or anything in-between or outside those lines.

Absolutely insane.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 18:46 Mr. Tact

MajorD wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 13:58:
Well, I must say, if Obama wasn't in such a hurry to make his mark with Obama Care (ACA), and they (Obama & Democrats) would have taken the time necessary to put a more intelligent and comprehensive plan together before shoving it down the American people's throats, maybe it wouldn't be as fucked up as it is. And now, with the Democrats and Republicans not being able to agree on anything to make the much needed improvements isn't making it any better. So, no, fuck emí both (Democrats and Republicans).
I'll agree it is unfortunate the ACA was passed without a single GOP vote. However, if you compare the D's process on the ACA to the GOP's process on their "replacement", the D's win hands down. They worked on the ACA for 18 months, held many hearings, and allowed scores of GOP amendments. The GOP rushed their bill through in a couple of months, held no hearings, allowed no amendments, and even withheld the actual bill (even from GOP members) to the absolute minimum required by law. There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides, but I honestly believe any sane and reasonable person would agree the D's were far more accommodating and transparent than the GOP has been.

Any major legislation requires adjustments. If the GOP hasn't hell bent on opposing anything Obama did, this could have been fixed years ago. The ACA isn't perfect. But it is significantly better than anything the GOP has proposed and could be much closer to perfect if the GOP was more interested in fixing it than scoring political points with their base. I know, nearly an impossible ask for either side of the aisle, but it what it is.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
1. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 12:26 Mr. Tact

Hmm, no mention of the required OS. Is that good news or bad news?  

5579 Comments. 279 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo