Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 7197 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2018, 20:25 Mr. Tact

NKD wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 14:22:
I wonder how many 11 year old have threatened to kill me over the years in video games... probably a lot.
Yep. That is exactly what I thought when I read the headline.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2018, 16:29 Mr. Tact

NKD wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 16:21:
The officiating in the NFL is becoming so fucking garbage.
Actually, no. I totally disagree with the call but the NFL is saying the officiating was exactly correct. The issue isn't the officiating, the official did as he was instructed to do, the issue is the rules.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2018, 13:20 Mr. Tact

Completely ridiculous, you might as well just give the QBs flags and turn it into flag football. While I think some of the things the NFL has done to reduce injuries, especially concussions, have been good changes -- this is horrid. I guess the critics were right, the end of the NFL has already begun...  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
22. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 19, 2018, 12:53 Mr. Tact

The strength of Beamer's argument would (in my mind anyway) seemingly depend on what actual experience Ninja has in competitive e-sports. I mean it would be like finding someone to talk about being in the NFL... you could talk to Steve Young, who is a Hall of Famer and has significant experience. That might be okay, although he's been out of the league since 1999. Or you might talk to Johnny Manziel who was in the league in 2014. You'd get two completely different stories/perspectives.  

News Comments > Distance Released
2. Re: Distance Released Sep 19, 2018, 09:55 Mr. Tact

Looks like it has potential, depending on the reviews and the pricing I might give it a whirl.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2018, 21:44 Mr. Tact

Never heard of Ninja prior to this. Barely know who Drake is. And it makes me happy.  

News Comments > Video Games Affect Grades... A Little
7. Re: Video Games Affect Grades... A Little Sep 18, 2018, 19:44 Mr. Tact

All I know is in the early 80s I saw more than a few students fail out of the University of Illinois due to excessive game playing on the university computer system. People with addictive tendencies will become addicted to something...  

News Comments > Op Ed
64. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2018, 19:10 Mr. Tact

ItBurn wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 17:58:
What Cutter said was a bit flamey, but sharing masturbation secrets and talking about sex is nothing to be ashamed of.
Indeed, just ask Sir Paul...

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2018, 19:02 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 18, 2018, 16:50:
Georgia might be bad at digital security but they are top notch at Voter Suppression. https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/georgia-voter-suppression-scheme-716393/
Something very similar was done in Alabama. Only there it was multiple counties, and the changes got made. I know there was a legal fight to reverse the changes, but I don't know the what the final outcome was.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2018, 13:31 Mr. Tact

So, theoretical question: Let's hypothesize someone did hack into the Georgia voting system and rather than subtle cheating, they purposely had all the voting stations report vote totals many more times than could have possibly happened. What would happen? Obviously the election results would be null and void. I'm not sure how much of a good or bad thing this would be, but I have to admit it would be interesting to watch the resulting activity.  

6. Re: NASA's new planet hunting satellite shares 'first light' photo of space Sep 18, 2018, 13:19 Mr. Tact

Good to see TESS is working as expected. Although I would have liked them to explain the very bright star in the image. A supernova? Here's to hoping the JWST also has a successful launch and start of operations whenever they finally roll it out.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 18, 2018, 08:01 Mr. Tact

Actual gambling is restricted to adults and closely regulated.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2018, 16:00 Mr. Tact

Right? I read the headline and immediately thought, "Uh, there are lots of reason Ajit Pai might visit a telecom executive's home -- using a landline isn't one of them." I'd be more likely to believe Ajit stopped in to get a blowjob.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 17, 2018, 13:29 Mr. Tact

Yeah, population density in Japan is difficult to wrap your brain around when you look at the numbers. Also, the number of earthquakes they get -- most are not detectable by humans, but it many thousands a year. The number I am recalling from something I watched is around 8,000 -- but I'm not certain I am remember correctly.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2018, 11:34 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 11:21:
Not excited about this movie, but has to be better than the last joker.
To be clear, which joker role are you criticizing?

9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 17, 2018, 09:54 Mr. Tact

At some level you are right, all of them are complicit. Are we drawing an arbitrary line? Sure. Should it be drawn somewhere else? Maybe. But I don't feel I'm being unfair by criticizing Google.  

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 17, 2018, 08:50 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 00:35:
What those googlers have to realize is that the average Chinese cares not a single fuck about privacy, the word doesn't even exist in Chinese. And if you ever been to China you'd know this, and more so, you would realize how laughable sensitive we westerners are to privacy vs how little ANYONE cares there about this.
An interesting angle. I have no idea if you hit the nail on the head or have no idea what you are talking about. But I do know outside of the urban areas it is not uncommon for three generations of family to have lived together in the same home for literally centuries. Which would seemingly fit in with what you are saying. And it makes sense that "privacy" in general is a "new" idea. That said, even if you are right, I'm not sure it means we should give Google a pass for assisting the Chinese government.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2018, 21:33 Mr. Tact

What the heck? Dallas is playing a TE who last played football in JHS?

Yeah, bad week in our pick'em league for me. Guessing (hoping) this will be my dropped week seeing as I have 5 correct at this point -- *ugh*.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2018, 12:41 Mr. Tact

Chiefs, Bengals, same thing.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 16, 2018, 12:01 Mr. Tact

Because I think net neutrality is a good idea, I hate to admit it, but state based net neutrality is probably on shaky ground. How often are you accessing something over the web which is physically in your state? Obviously it would vary based on the state you live it, but overall the answer is probably "not often". So, having state regulation being subservient to federal regulations in this area is seemingly logical.

We will just have to hope in the long haul we can get some actual legislation in place so we don't have to worry about the rules changing every time the party in control of the White House changes.

7197 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo