Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4809 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2017, 13:08 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 05:40:
And you know which car maker has worst emissions? Peugeot ... yes, really.
You find that surprising in some way? Confused

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Trump asks vaccine critic to chair committee on vaccine safety. Jan 11, 2017, 12:21 Mr. Tact

It's going to be a very long four years...  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2017, 19:09 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 16:28:
*jdreyer starts a vegan diet so he can be there when our star goes red giant*
If the astronomers and astrophysicists are right, something way more exciting will happen prior to that... the merging of the Milky Way with the Andromeda galaxy. Now THAT is something I would love to see.

7. Re: Fish Tower Jan 10, 2017, 13:22 Mr. Tact

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 12:10:
That fish tower is pretty neat. I kinda want one now. But need fish. And a pond. And motivation.
Exactly.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2017, 10:31 Mr. Tact

I'm pretty sure the overwhelming consensus is the Sun will not nova. It will become a red giant, expanding past the orbit of the Earth before becoming a White Dwarf.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2017, 10:12 Mr. Tact

Asked what he wanted be remembered for, Bowie responded, "I'd love people to believe that I really had great haircuts."

Yes you did, sir. And a lot of damn good music along the way too.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2017, 00:24 Mr. Tact

Congrats Clemson! The Tigers were a bit slow to get started but the last 3 quarters of the game were awesome.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2017, 17:01 Mr. Tact

Orogogus wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 16:02:
buy / by
D'OH! Do other languages have as many homonyms, or is that something unique to English?

Edit: A little of Google says... apparently so. And also by/buy is technically a homophone, not a homynym. Homonyms are words that are both spelled and pronounced the same, but have different meanings. As opposed to homographs (spelled the same) or homophones (pronounced the same).

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2017, 15:45 Mr. Tact

Misspelling? Missing comma I guess...  

6. Re: Football picks, Vegas style Jan 9, 2017, 13:46 Mr. Tact

Stumbled onto this the other day, it is a Vegas pool where you pick 5 teams each week against the spread. One point for a win, .5 points for a push. $1,500 entry fee (max. of two) -- this year the winner got just over $900k won buy a Starbuck's barista....

ESPN story

2016 payouts

2017 Entry

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2017, 09:15 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 07:52:
In fairness, Eli played really well. The receiving corps dropped enough passes to fill a party boat.
Haha... I wasn't going to go there. And truthfully I doubt it made a difference. I did figure the Giants beating the Packers in GB for a third time in a row in the playoffs wasn't likely...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2017, 21:07 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 11:34:
And that reminds me, there's still time to join the free Blue's News Playoff Pool
Sorry Blue, Eli couldn't do it again.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
20. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 8, 2017, 21:03 Mr. Tact

Well, two years anyway, until the mid-terms -- here's to hoping....

And if he isn't your president, who is? I don't disagree with your assessment but disengaging won't help. I didn't say "work with", I said, "we need to do what we can". Is there something useful we can do? Great question. I'll admit the options are limited. I think our best hope is to keep spreading light on whatever the GOP does and hope some of the Trump voters see it... the light that is...

16. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 8, 2017, 17:36 Mr. Tact

I knew about Trump's tweets concerning Schwarzenegger, but I hadn't seen Schwarzenegger's response -- very classy. Arnold's right -- and for those who didn't read it, Arnold quotes part an Abraham Lincoln inaugural address:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

I pretty much think Trump is a twerp, but starting 20 Jan, he will be POTUS -- we need to do what we can to help the country despite our personal feelings.

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 8, 2017, 17:30 Mr. Tact

Nucas wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 12:37:
man, i miss opera. was my go to browser like 15 years ago. stopped paying attention when they went chromium (why wouldn't i just use chrome?)

Uh, so you wouldn't have updates forced down your throat?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2017, 14:52 Mr. Tact

Bowie was well on his way to being a legend long before I knew who he was (hey, I'm old, but I'm not THAT old). In 1984 he released "Blue Jean" and that's really the first time he was on my radar, then his duet with Jagger, Dancing in the Street, clinched it. Although I thought he was a great talent, his music was so eclectic it was difficult for many people (including me) to like all of it.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2017, 10:39 Mr. Tact

With a bit less vitriol, I agree with Rigs. It made sense within the story, it wasn't "terrible" and the crying over it seems a bit of an overreaction.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2017, 09:19 Mr. Tact

On a totally different topic... freaking 2 degrees fahrenheit outside.. Annoyed  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2017, 08:57 Mr. Tact

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 02:11:
Yep Raiders are done. How about Chiefs vs Falcons?
The Falcons are short on playoff experience which statistically seems to matter. But they might get there, certainly more likely than Cutter's Raiders pick. Wink

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 21:13 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 15:39:
NFC championship Packers v. Lions
AFC Pats v. Raiders
Superbowl Packers v. Raiders with the Pack winning of course.
I'm skeptical Oakland can win without Carr. The Lions also seem unlikely -- with Stafford having a splint on his finger, plus them ending the regular season with a three game losing streak... I just don't see them winning a game in Seattle.

Packers and Patriots are reasonable picks. The Giants have had the Packers number in "recent" playoff games, but I think the Packers are due and Rodgers is red hot.

I went with my heart, picking the Cowboys over the Chiefs in the Superbowl. I wouldn't bet money on those picks, but it would make me happy.

4809 Comments. 241 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo