Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4509 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
227. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Aug 1, 2016, 07:45 Mr. Tact

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 10:35:
I've been running 10 since launch and Steam is fine in it. In addition to that, Phil Spencer has already said Microsoft has no plans to cripple external game software this way (Hell, he's said that Microsoft's UWP games will also be sold on Steam) and that it would be suicide for their OS strategy to do so.
While I don't see any evidence to indicate Sweeney's "concerns" have any basis in reality, Microsoft saying they aren't going to do it is not a counter-indication. First, if they were doing it they wouldn't admit it. Second, they are guilty of doing it this against other products in the past.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
43. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 10:01 Mr. Tact

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:57:
When this game craters, it will be oddly satisfying.
What is your definition of cratering? There is a chance they have enough pre-release sales they will make money even if the game is terrible.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. No damn windows key Jul 19, 2016, 10:57 Mr. Tact

A real keyboard.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2016, 18:13 Mr. Tact

Yeah... the gas cylinder on one of my two Aerons needs to be replaced... I keep putting it off.  

News Comments > WoW Pre-Expansion Patch
4. Re: WoW Pre-Expansion Patch Jul 17, 2016, 18:31 Mr. Tact

Placid wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 18:28:
Is there a new level cap or is this just a content expansion?
The cap will go up 10 levels to 110, but not with this release. Basically this is getting the game on the expansion code without releasing the new content. It is a shake out cruise before they open up the new content.

Well... some of the new content is available, like the class changes. But not the new regions...

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2016, 01:16 Mr. Tact

*ugh* Spent several minutes trying to compose an intelligent post on the situation in Turkey, and now I'm just going to give up. Seems like no win situation for a lot of people to me...  

News Comments > Valve on Game Item Gambling
10. Re: Valve on Game Item Gambling Jul 13, 2016, 23:15 Mr. Tact

The worst thing about all this -- I didn't get rich on it!
(never a single transaction for the record...)

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2016, 11:24 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 11:05:
It's too hot for prime rib.
It is RARELY too hot for prime rib. And even when it is, I'd probably be willing to eat it anyway.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2016, 11:43 Mr. Tact

It's been decades since I've seen a 7-Eleven, let alone been in one and had a Slurpee. There used to be Southland distribution center in town, but it closed long ago. Truthfully, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had gone bankrupt and I had missed it.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2016, 09:33 Mr. Tact

Redmask wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 05:44:
You're thinking nostalgia will carry the day and it simply won't. What you really want is that time in your life back where you could play WoW obsessively until dawn but its gone forever.
Good point. The nostalgia is strong. But I know it can never be what it was. My guild had the first Alliance kill of Nefarian on the server -- heady days. I know it won't be that. Or even the 25 man raids I did later. And most if not all of the people I spent all that time with will be gone. I'm going to think on it some more, but the urge is starting to fade some...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
39. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2016, 22:06 Mr. Tact

Not quite sure I follow the analogy, so corporate America doesn't care if Microsoft spies on then as long as they have a working OS? Win 7 already works without the spying, right?  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2016, 20:43 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I was thinking I might want to get up to speed on even the more basic things before the new expansion actually starts. Like this garrison thing I don't know anything about and learning the new herbs, ores, cloths... So, my main chars are 85... how long to level from there to 100? 40 hours? More?  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2016, 19:39 Mr. Tact

Okay, someone walk me back from the edge. Been out of WoW for five years this October, and I'm thinking of getting back in...  

32. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2016, 10:19 Mr. Tact

Actually, thinking about it a bit more I'm surprised corporate America hasn't pitched a fit about this information tracking...  

21. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 9, 2016, 22:11 Mr. Tact

Simon Says wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 21:04:
*Points to your router* You know... this thing which isn't subservient to your computer OS and can, OMG, BLOCK whatever it wants no matter what your OS does? Please... stop with the fearmongering. I had numerous problems with win 10, but none to do with its supposedly Orwellian tendencies. Those can be dealt with very easily, it just takes time and a bit of effort.
First, pointing to the router and saying block it there is not addressing the problem. That's treating the symptoms and not the disease. Second, even if people have routers which allow doing this (which some won't), most won't know how to do it. Third, as shihonage explained even if you have the capacity and the know how, it isn't an easy problem to solve at the router. Fourth, finally and most importantly, why should I have to do this?

6. Re: LGR - Building a 486 DOS PC Jul 9, 2016, 17:34 Mr. Tact

jimnms wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 16:42:
I wonder if in 20 years we'll be looking back at how much of a hassle it was running SATA cables like we do for those damn ribbon cables.
Hope so, 'cause that will mean someone invented some cool technology.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jul 9, 2016, 14:33 Mr. Tact

I've had games on Steam since HL came out and until now I never knew there was such a thing as a "Steam level". I suspect I should be glad.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2016, 21:33 Mr. Tact

Looks like insanely fun waterslide jumping to me.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
38. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 11:51 Mr. Tact

JoeNapalm wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 11:23:
This thing may or may not be a fun toy. It will not cure cancer. -Jn-
Yes, the way to end hype is to express disappointment that a video game will not cure cancer.

Confused

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2016, 10:57 Mr. Tact

It's only a matter of time before the Cascadian subduction zone does cause a large tsunami. However, as is almost always the case with things geographic -- we don't know if it will be next week or next millennium.  

4509 Comments. 226 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo