Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5157 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2017, 12:33 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 12:27:
The expression is "hang the rich" or "eat the rich". And why not? They're the social Darwinist psychopaths selling the rope to hang themselves with. It's a very real thing now. Most major economic conferences and groups are discussing it all the time now. They know the natives are getting restless and things can't keep going on like they are. The problem with being a self-serving psychopath however is that, while they understand it and can see it, they can't help themselves. I think were really starting to ramp up for WWIII at this point as politics are only going to keep getting more extreme. And when that happens, sooner or later bullets start flying everywhere.
Won't happen in our lifetimes, if ever -- "hanging the rich", that is. WWIII... much harder to say. I'd have to agree with those who have said the next global war will be over fresh water...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2017, 12:10 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 12:02:
$1000 dollar backpack just paid for itself.
Is that all they cost? Hell of a deal!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2017, 12:00 Mr. Tact

descender wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 10:31:
Cowboys probably should have won too, but took way too long to get it going in their own house.
I was concerned about their defense... and it wasn't quite good enough. Alas... congrats to all the winners!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 20:48 Mr. Tact

subx wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 20:32:
And they really need to put a stop to that icing the kicker nonsense, it's pathetic.
It seems to screw the team which does it as often as it helps them. This time it didn't matter. I'd love to see stats on it.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 20:21 Mr. Tact

Just imagine all the talk there would be over Aaron Rodgers if it weren't for Tom Brady. Great game, great comeback by Dallas -- just wasn't quite enough. Considering the team was running on two rookies basically, they did pretty well. If they can avoid injuries they should be just as good next year, and will have some playoff experience.

Here's to hoping the GB/ATL game is as good.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 12:07 Mr. Tact

Well, I was speaking of Jupiter on the asteroid protection. But yes, you are correct -- the influence the Moon plays in the regulation of our tilt, rotation, and oceans tides were key factors in the development of life on this planet. Without the Moon, the chance we'd be here at all, are greatly reduced.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 11:45 Mr. Tact

There are lots of things about the Earth which make it seemingly "special". Unless you are scientifically inclined you likely don't know how critical the Moon is to our evolution. First, it stabilized our rotation and tilt. Second, the larger tides it creates in our oceans were critical to development of many evolutionary steps. Jupiter practically acts as a comet/asteroid deflection device. Obviously it doesn't get them all, but it gets a lot of them.

The math is such that you pretty much have to assume there is other intelligent life out there. However, there are so many seemingly "lucky" things about the way our planet was created it makes you seriously wonder if the frequency of intelligent life might be far less than we'd hope/like/think it is.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 10:20 Mr. Tact

On the subject of NFL playoff football... the talking heads put up a great stat which I will put here in the form of a question:

How many NFL franchisees have in their entire history won fewer playoff games than Tom Brady?

Answer in secret text: 22 -- freaking insane!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 10:16 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 03:45:
WE2k16 was so bad, not sure how they recover.
Has there ever been a good one?

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
49. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 14, 2017, 23:18 Mr. Tact

I'm not up in arms about it, especially since I'm Win7 for now. But I see no reason to be optimistic about it. We've seen plenty of talk from MS about improving the PC gaming platform without a lot of results.  

7. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 13, 2017, 20:49 Mr. Tact

rist3903 wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 20:39:
This is Lucy holding the football, guys.
Haha, an apt analogy. I won't be winding up for a kick.

5. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 13, 2017, 20:37 Mr. Tact

Yeah, right. I won't hold my breath...  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2017, 16:12 Mr. Tact

Dacote wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 10:39:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 20:00:
Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 19:21:
In any case, he's now with Kissinger, and Dick Cheney, and two other VPs, and a handful of Presidents, and a billion filmmakers and song writers that have won it.
Wow, Cheney did get it from Bush. That's really got to ruin it for most recipients...
I would have to say Thanks but No Thanks if I was Biden.
Reading about it I guess Biden did get it "with Distinction" which makes him only the the third person with that honor/designation.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
68. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 13, 2017, 16:11 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 09:43:
I don't have time to sit there looking at each update, evaluating if its worthy of installation or not. Windows XP had hundreds of updates, I didn't check them all and I would find it dubious if anyone else said they did.
Quite right, but what I can do is simply wait. Very few updates are actually critical, so I can afford to wait a couple of weeks and see if others find problems.

65. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 23:20 Mr. Tact

Redmask wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:56:
Don't trust Microsoft? Don't use their fucking operating system. You have no real control over it, no source code and no ability to change your destiny. They can do whatever the fuck they want at any time, you can do jack and shit about it. Mad about their decisions? Good, tell them about it with your wallet.
Actually, that is the point. I may not have the source code, but with Win7 I do have the ability to choose which updates I get. And I don't have their Win10 spyware. I have told them with my wallet by not paying for Win10 and by not using Win10 for free, which would allowing them to collect and sell my data.

And I will use another OS if/when Win7 is no longer viable and if they haven't changed their tune by that time.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2017, 21:05 Mr. Tact

If only I had been asleep until recently and this was all a bad dream, what a wonder thought. Alas, it is not to bee.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2017, 20:00 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 19:21:
In any case, he's now with Kissinger, and Dick Cheney, and two other VPs, and a handful of Presidents, and a billion filmmakers and song writers that have won it.
Wow, Cheney did get it from Bush. That's really got to ruin it for most recipients...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2017, 19:07 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 18:45:
I'm glad the good taxpayers of San Diego told Spanos to go fuck himself.
Gotta agree with that. State and/or municipal funding of sport venues is straight out theft of the taxpayers. Also, I agree with the guy from Sports Illustrated -- they should not be allowed to take the "Chargers" team name with them to LA. The town should keep the name like Cleveland got to keep the "Browns".

54. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 13:39 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 13:25:
On one hand you say it doesn't matter then on the other you say it's not OK that Microsoft is doing something far less insidious than the above.
My location data analog was theoretical. Although technically possible, I don't believe Google and Apple actually are getting that information. Microsoft is without a doubt gathering data from Win10 boxes.

Now, am I being impossibly naive thinking my location data isn't being collected and sold? I'll grant that is within the realm of the possible. But I think it's pretty unlikely.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2017, 13:20 Mr. Tact

Oh, I know they are not going to do it. You are absolutely correct, it is totally driven by the money it generates. That however does not change the fact it would be wise for them to do it.  

5157 Comments. 258 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo