Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5954 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2017, 21:45 Mr. Tact

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 17:59:
To non-pilots this seems insane, but the mistake is understandable if you're in aviation. Not to say it should just be forgiven or anything, but they were on a visual approach, and at night, even with the correct lights on, it's a lot more confusing than you would first assume.
Are you saying the ILS was not functioning? Because unless it wasn't, I don't see how the mistake is understandable. It seems to be cut and dry case of inattention are the part of the flight crew.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
4. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 26, 2017, 11:50 Mr. Tact

At least with Duke Nukem we went long periods of time without hearing a damn thing. Wish I could say the same about SC.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
46. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 26, 2017, 07:48 Mr. Tact

Nucas wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 04:11:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 16:49:
Suckage wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 16:44:
What excuse does Valve have to not bring closure to HL?
Err, the excuse that no matter what they created they would be criticized.

pure cowardice and total bullshit aside.
Oh yeah? What was the last time you did something you didn't need or have to do which when completed you knew you would be seriously criticized for no matter how you completed the task? My guess would be never.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2017, 23:27 Mr. Tact

Just imagine how bad he looks without all the make-up...  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2017, 21:31 Mr. Tact

Yeah, figured the pardon was coming. Saw a couple of articles talking about how if he granted the pardon it might cause a "constitutional crisis". And basically I thought, "Uh, intellectually maybe, in reality -- I sincerely doubt it."

The argument goes something like this -- if the President can pardon government employees who clearly defy a court order, what difference is there between that and the President asking/telling law enforcement to take illegal actions with the knowledge he will pardon them afterwards. That doesn't sound much like a democratic republic... more like a banana republic.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2017, 19:37 Mr. Tact

Yes, well that bill would have been passed by the 112th US Congress, in which the House was controlled by GOP by a 49 seat margin. So, even if you were serious, it would be bogus to give Obama all the credit.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2017, 17:56 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 17:45:
thanks President Obama!
I'm going to assume that's sarcasm, because I'm pretty sure post-presidential protection has been going on for a long time...

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
32. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 16:49 Mr. Tact

Suckage wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 16:44:
What excuse does Valve have to not bring closure to HL?
Err, the excuse that no matter what they created they would be criticized.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2017, 16:48 Mr. Tact

The worst part about the Trump protection nonsense is how much of it is going to Trump owned properties. He is doing his very best to become the US version of a Russian oligarch. Yes, the Secret Service (they really need to be renamed) should be protecting Trump, but having the government gouged by Trump properties is bordering on illegal...  

8. Re: French president Macron has spent $30,000 on makeup services in just 3 months. Aug 25, 2017, 15:38 Mr. Tact

I'm more intrigued by the fact his wife is 24 years older than him. As a former investment banker I assume he's the one with the money, so.. true love? Don't get me wrong, I see nothing "wrong" with it. But it is an unusual situation and hence interesting...  

News Comments > Overwatch Mei Trailer
4. Re: Overwatch Mei Trailer Aug 23, 2017, 23:52 Mr. Tact

The animation itself is good quality, other than that I'm not sure I "get it". I mean, is this supposed to make me more interested in the game for some reason? Whatever. Blizzard has been, and will continue to be good at animation shorts. Next...  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2017, 17:02 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 16:10:
He'll never resign. That would involve admitting he was wrong which he's incapable of admitting.
I would tend to agree with this. I think the only way Trump resigns is if the GOP leadership goes to him and tells him (privately) -- "We are going to impeach and convict you. Resign." And I just don't see that happening, at least not yet. Trump still has 30-40% of the public and 70+% of the GOP behind him. And the GOP leadership isn't going to take him on as long as that's still true.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2017, 11:40 Mr. Tact

I don't currently. I used to have a husky/collie mix. He had collie nose and coloring but a husky's curled tail. He was an outside dog, and as much as I loved him, it was a lot of work. I can't imagine doing it now that I'm older...

Don't get me wrong, it was well worth the work at the time. But things change...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2017, 11:32 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 10:41:
I have this and .. it sucks.
Yeah, that sounds like it sucks.

As far as the dog goes, I believe it is pretty standard to consider any dog less than a year old as a puppy. You'll want to check on the breed to find out how big the dog will get, although at 9 months, I'd think you should be able to tell by now -- but can't hurt to double check. Biggest thing in my mind is always realizing getting a dog is not a minor task. If you don't absolutely love the idea of having a dog, you shouldn't get one.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2017, 08:14 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 19:33:
Uh, I looked at it. 18 photos, but bats focuses a single one out of that 18 so he can feel superior and fat shame one person in a crowd of what looked like possibly hundreds. Get a fucking grip that I don't know what I am talking about.
First, be calm. Second, fine, you looked. So, you knew what he was talking about despite saying you didn't. Okay, I'll agree he was impolite by calling the woman a bitch. But I think you'd have to agree it isn't appropriate for her to get naked in the middle of group of people who have gathered to watch the eclipse. It is certainly worthy of his "WTF is wrong with people". The woman could be Kate Upton and it still isn't appropriate.

Sorry Kate, I lust after you mightily, but please keep you clothes on at eclipse gatherings.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2017, 18:34 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 17:41:
Retired wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 13:17:

No. I don't need to see a fat white bitch naked. WTF is wrong with people.....this is exactly what I am talking about.
No one here knows wtf you're talking about, but that's nothing new.
Uh, anyone who actually followed the "pictures you have to see" link Blue posted knows what he is talking about.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2017, 08:23 Mr. Tact

He glanced up a couple of times, I don't think he looked long enough to cause permanent damage. Though I'm sure he was seeing the image of the sun on his retina for a while afterwards...  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2017, 19:02 Mr. Tact

Yes, when it is in totality, it is safe to watch it without protection.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2017, 19:55 Mr. Tact

You mean the wasps were ISIS? Wow!  

7. Re: Eclipse Aug 19, 2017, 17:49 Mr. Tact

MeanJim wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:30:
I'd have to leave at 4am and hope traffic isn't bad, leave even earlier to plan for traffic or just drive there Sunday and stay in a hotel.
It is highly unlikely there are any available hotel rooms on Sunday within an hour of a total eclipse location.

5954 Comments. 298 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo