Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5861 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 18:46 Mr. Tact

MajorD wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 13:58:
Well, I must say, if Obama wasn't in such a hurry to make his mark with Obama Care (ACA), and they (Obama & Democrats) would have taken the time necessary to put a more intelligent and comprehensive plan together before shoving it down the American people's throats, maybe it wouldn't be as fucked up as it is. And now, with the Democrats and Republicans not being able to agree on anything to make the much needed improvements isn't making it any better. So, no, fuck emí both (Democrats and Republicans).
I'll agree it is unfortunate the ACA was passed without a single GOP vote. However, if you compare the D's process on the ACA to the GOP's process on their "replacement", the D's win hands down. They worked on the ACA for 18 months, held many hearings, and allowed scores of GOP amendments. The GOP rushed their bill through in a couple of months, held no hearings, allowed no amendments, and even withheld the actual bill (even from GOP members) to the absolute minimum required by law. There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides, but I honestly believe any sane and reasonable person would agree the D's were far more accommodating and transparent than the GOP has been.

Any major legislation requires adjustments. If the GOP hasn't hell bent on opposing anything Obama did, this could have been fixed years ago. The ACA isn't perfect. But it is significantly better than anything the GOP has proposed and could be much closer to perfect if the GOP was more interested in fixing it than scoring political points with their base. I know, nearly an impossible ask for either side of the aisle, but it what it is.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
1. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 12:26 Mr. Tact

Hmm, no mention of the required OS. Is that good news or bad news?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 11:52 Mr. Tact

Apologies in advance for an unprompted political opinion. Skip this to avoid politics.

Wow, Lindsay Graham and others stand up and admit "the skinny bill as policy is a disaster" -- and yet Graham votes for the bill. Only the Ds, Collins, Murkowski and McCain vote against it. A defeat by a single vote. I was not necessarily surprised, but I was slightly disappointed. I thought perhaps more of the GOP members would "see the light".

Congratulations to Collins, Murkowski and McCain for actually putting their constituents ahead of their party. The battle isn't over. Now the Ds have to manage to stop the GOP from gutting the ACA through funding measures and whatever other means they can find. Already governors are concerned because administration officials have not indicated if they will supply the funds which are used to supplement ACA insurance plans after the end of this month.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2017, 22:34 Mr. Tact

Well, I would agree with "Money can't buy you love." But happiness? Unless you've had money all your life, money can generally get you very close if not all the way to happiness...  

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
25. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 08:49 Mr. Tact

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:10:
Halo 1 and 2 were on PC.
Halo 1 was effectively completed prior to when Microsoft bought Bungie. They however do get credit for making 2 available on the PC.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 23:52 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 17:53:
Repeal And Delay goes down in flames. Mr. Tact, you still have health insurance.
For now... I don't trust the members of the GOP any further than I can throw them. Take my word for it, there will be more attempts.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 23:50 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:10:
The comments are heartbreakimg after everything we put into the property.
It's just the way it works. People only see/look for problems. You could have done another $50k of upgrades and people would still find things to complain about. Don't take it too seriously and definitely don't take it personally.

9. Re: 111 N.F.L. Brains. All But One Had C.T.E. Jul 26, 2017, 12:57 Mr. Tact

I guess we'll have to disagree. I believe the headline is misleading. Yes, they responsibly included the information of the selection bias. However, the headline ignores this important fact and implies a conclusion the study is correct to avoid. I don't disagree with any of the conclusions. As I said,
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 12:21:
Brain damage due to concussion is a serious problem in American football.

4. Re: 111 N.F.L. Brains. All But One Had C.T.E. Jul 26, 2017, 12:21 Mr. Tact

Brain damage due to concussion is a serious problem in American football. That said, headlines like this are, in part, the reason news media is under increasing attack. The study is statistically invalid because a majority of the brains were donated because the person had shown signs of dementia or other symptoms. Anyone wanting to discredit it, wouldn't have to work hard. This despite the fact it is indeed a serious problem which needs to be addressed.  

News Comments > PC Building Simulator This Fall
15. Re: PC Building Simulator This Fall Jul 26, 2017, 11:07 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 03:17:
My 10 year old watches this guy sometimes. ...

Anyway, that he appeals to 10 year olds should tell you all you need to know.
Yep, there are a ton of idiots on youtube like this. My 14 year old niece has pointed me to a couple of them over the last few years. As I've said before, if it wasn't for the fact that every generation since language was invented has said it -- I'd think society was doomed due to "the next generation"...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2017, 13:40 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 13:35:
Our house went up for sale today. On top of that, we agreed on terms last night on the house we are buying. Phone is going nuts for showings of our house. Hope to be sold today.
Heck of a deal.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2017, 12:49 Mr. Tact

It's all a matter of what you are used to... as a kid I slept in the second story of a 80 year old house without AC through brutal summers in the US Midwest. I probably couldn't sleep in those conditions now but then, it was what it was. I didn't have a choice. So, a window fan to get some air movement and you just dealt with it.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 12:13 Mr. Tact

All I can say is you have more money and guts than I do.

First, I couldn't afford a $500k home, even if it was brand new and needed absolutely no work done. Second, even if I could afford that much, I'm not sure I could trust myself or anyone I know to properly evaluate the value of a home needing so much work. Yeah, I could hire an inspector to give me his opinion, but if he's wrong -- I'd be the one holding the bag...

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 09:32 Mr. Tact

Wow, okay. I hope you are right and there aren't some bad surprises waiting for you. Best of luck Bats.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 08:05 Mr. Tact

Bats, I have to agree with jdreyer... all those problems and their denials leaves a bad smell in my nose. If they are denying provable issues, what else are they lying/not telling you about? And asking to meet you at the house to prove the deck is fine when you have pictures indicating otherwise sound to me like he just wants to con/snow you. Talk you into buying. Tread with care, seems like you might be looking at a "money pit".  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 11:46 Mr. Tact

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 15:55:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 15:49:
And you're logged in? Try clearing the youtube cookie? (Sorry, you probably already checked this stuff)
Yeah.. I can tell which videos I've watched, Youtube has the information and is displaying it in its' very subdued way. But they changed the "look", so I'm guessing they changed something the extension was using, which is now keeping the extension from knowing what has been watched hence preventing the big "Watched" label from being put on the videos.
Woo hoo! Fixed. Don't ask me how, no update that I can tell, haven't even closed my browsers. *shrug*

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 Live
4. Re: Diablo III Season 11 Live Jul 21, 2017, 11:40 Mr. Tact

But you wouldn't get bored with running the same gear in Greater Rifts over and over forever? Right...  

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
17. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 21:50 Mr. Tact

The unique currency system is a bit odd, and in my opinion overly complicated. But *shrug* whatever, it really isn't that different from collecting gold.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 20, 2017, 21:22 Mr. Tact

I'll be a billionaire before there is a Hyperloop between NYC and DC.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
14. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 19:17 Mr. Tact

Rhett wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 19:10:
How easy is it to get into? Easy enough to play without doing any trading/grouping/pure solo or duo with a friend (assuming both are competent, experienced ARPG players)?
The only difficult part is the passive skill tree which can be pretty intimidating. The easy way to deal with that is to spend a hour or so in the forums looking for a build that looks interesting to you. And then use that as a guide. You don't necessarily have to follow it exactly, but it will give you an idea of where you should be headed.

5861 Comments. 294 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo