Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5095 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 8, 2017, 17:30 Mr. Tact

Nucas wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 12:37:
man, i miss opera. was my go to browser like 15 years ago. stopped paying attention when they went chromium (why wouldn't i just use chrome?)

Uh, so you wouldn't have updates forced down your throat?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2017, 14:52 Mr. Tact

Bowie was well on his way to being a legend long before I knew who he was (hey, I'm old, but I'm not THAT old). In 1984 he released "Blue Jean" and that's really the first time he was on my radar, then his duet with Jagger, Dancing in the Street, clinched it. Although I thought he was a great talent, his music was so eclectic it was difficult for many people (including me) to like all of it.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2017, 10:39 Mr. Tact

With a bit less vitriol, I agree with Rigs. It made sense within the story, it wasn't "terrible" and the crying over it seems a bit of an overreaction.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2017, 09:19 Mr. Tact

On a totally different topic... freaking 2 degrees fahrenheit outside.. Annoyed  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2017, 08:57 Mr. Tact

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 02:11:
Yep Raiders are done. How about Chiefs vs Falcons?
The Falcons are short on playoff experience which statistically seems to matter. But they might get there, certainly more likely than Cutter's Raiders pick. Wink

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 21:13 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 15:39:
NFC championship Packers v. Lions
AFC Pats v. Raiders
Superbowl Packers v. Raiders with the Pack winning of course.
I'm skeptical Oakland can win without Carr. The Lions also seem unlikely -- with Stafford having a splint on his finger, plus them ending the regular season with a three game losing streak... I just don't see them winning a game in Seattle.

Packers and Patriots are reasonable picks. The Giants have had the Packers number in "recent" playoff games, but I think the Packers are due and Rodgers is red hot.

I went with my heart, picking the Cowboys over the Chiefs in the Superbowl. I wouldn't bet money on those picks, but it would make me happy.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2017, 11:52 Mr. Tact

RoboNerd wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 10:45:
Why is it always the British Royal Family?
I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question, but just in case it wasn't the answer is pretty obvious. The US started as British colonies. We share a common language. The UK is now one of our closest allies. We may have kicked out the British monarchy roughly 240 years ago, but there are still many things that tie the two of us together.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2017, 00:29 Mr. Tact

Favorite Father Mulcahey moment: The episode when a nurse he is helping study to become a doctor has a crush on him -- when he goes to get advice from Hawkeye, "....and she hugged the stuffing out of me!"  

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
16. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 20:16 Mr. Tact

After much hemming and hawing, I decided not to get NMS for the current Steam sale price of $35.99... have some interest, but even after the Foundation update I think it either needs some more content or a lower price.

Also glad to see Factorio making the list -- great game.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2017, 20:21.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2017, 19:47 Mr. Tact

I agree, it does seem snappier...  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
27. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 30, 2016, 20:24 Mr. Tact

Steam has it at 40% off... $35.99 tempting... gonna think about it...  

25. Re: First Trailer: Ridley Scott's Dec 25, 2016, 23:28 Mr. Tact

So, it is a reboot? Based on the trailer it's cable/satellite bait. I'll wait for it to hit the movie channels. I'll have to see some really good reviews to bother seeing it in the theater.

Edit: Looked around a little more, apparently "Alien: Covenant Will Bridge Prometheus And Alien" I stand by what I said before.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 13:10 Mr. Tact

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:04:
Blade Runner 2049 teaser trailer just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k

Looks great to me. Will be a long wait.
Hard to tell from the trailer but at least there was nothing to indicate it would be bad. I will continue to hope for the best while expecting not too much and look forward to seeing it.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 12:49 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 10:33:
No apologies necessary. SNL did it best but you have to pause to read all of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAhF8tPqafQ&t=28s
Haha. And that list didn't even have two of the three things I noted, I'm sure there are more. It is looking more and more like it will be a total train wreck. Here's to hoping the Rs in the Senate have more guts and brains than I think they do..

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 09:13 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 08:55:
Pretty sure we're fucked.
Apologies in advance for turning the topic to politics. Prior to the election I told someone paraphrased, "Trump being President wouldn't ruin the country, with the exception of turning the SCOTUS even further to the right for another generation." And I believed that at the time. Now, I'm not so sure.

A Secretary of State nominee whose only job in his entire adult life has been working for Exxon-Mobil, and has been awarded the highest honor a non-Russian can get by Putin.

An Israeli ambassador nominee whose rhetoric would get him arrested for incitement in Israel.

An Energy Secretary nominee who previously said as someone running for the GOP presidential nomination, that he wanted to eliminate the Energy department.

The list goes on and on... he actually might be able to do far more damage than I thought he could....

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2016, 21:06 Mr. Tact

Electric snow shovel? Really? 1) hard to believe it is sufficient 2) it sounds like a bad idea in general...

Over the years I have considered getting a snow blower multiple times and as I age my resistance is lessening all the time...

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2016, 09:41 Mr. Tact

5F, -1 wind chill *shrug* A constant 69 in the house!  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2016, 22:33 Mr. Tact

I was critical of the story in TFA, but I still plan on seeing Rogue One. I feel if nothing else, I owe it to my hatred of Lucas' betrayal to see films clear of his hands.  

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2016, 16:37 Mr. Tact

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 15:48:
64 degrees and sunny here in LA. I might need to put on a sweatshirt when I go out later.
Give us a call the next time you are effected by an earthquake or wild fire...

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Dec 16, 2016, 09:25 Mr. Tact

Melt them? Weird. Never saw an instruction about that. Best I did was get to about level 108 -- IIRC.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2016, 09:49.

5095 Comments. 255 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo