Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 7402 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
27. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 10, 2018, 12:04 Mr. Tact

Good job MS. If there's anything that will get anyone who has delayed moving to Linux motivated, starting to charge them monthly for your OS is an excellent way to push them over the edge. You have to hand it to them, it isn't easy to be that arrogant.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2018, 11:57 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 11:47:
I don't know how you can blame Sackler for the opioid crisis.
Because his company (and other pharma companies) paid for misleading studies and lied to doctors about the addictive properties of opioids, encouraged their distribution, in some cases provided cash incentives for opioid prescriptions. It is true no one forced the people to take the pills. It is also true without the action of the pharma companies, most of them never would have gotten the pills or at the very least would have received significant warnings against misuse and addiction. They are not solely responsible, but they are a major contributing factor.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2018, 12:24.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2018, 11:50 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 11:11:
Welcome to Hurricane season! Looking forward to having my home damaged by torrential downpours and hurricane winds.
I'm sure Rigs will be happy to commiserate with you...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2018, 00:26 Mr. Tact

In other NFL news, in my Last Man Standing league, 28% of the picks were eliminated by TB beating NO -- including one of my two picks.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2018, 23:53 Mr. Tact

Ahh, the Bears -- only out done by Cleveland in football failure. Aaron Rodgers is great, a first ballot Hall of Famer, but he is not the GOAT with a single SB victory.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2018, 21:49 Mr. Tact

Capella wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 21:00:
When will the NFL wise up and get rid of ties? They need to go with the college OT rules except start each possession at mid-field and play until there is a winner.
Why? Since 1998 there have been only eight tied games. EIGHT in 19 years... (including the Browns and the Steelers today) NFL tied games.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2018, 08:34 Mr. Tact

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 00:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 23:03:
shiho wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 22:08:
Trump does not fall into a single political stereotype, and he will drag these megacorporations into government regulation, kicking and screaming. Welcome to the public utilities of the 21st century.
That has to be one of the most hilarious things I have ever read.
Then you either must be very young or simply not looking at this objectively. Being on the mainstream side doesnt make you right. Quite the contrary in times like these. You should have paid more attention in history class, be it the history of fascism or much sooner... Divide and conquer... Americans arent immune to shit like it happened in Europe and Russia.
What the hell are you talking about? He's claiming Trump is going to drag corporations into regulation when we have already watched the Trump administration strip away regulations. I'm not the one who isn't paying attention. Contrary to what the watchers of Fox News might believe, truth is truth. Now if you want to talk about how polarized the country is, great. But that subject is separate from what I was addressing.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 8, 2018, 23:03 Mr. Tact

shiho wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 22:08:
Trump does not fall into a single political stereotype, and he will drag these megacorporations into government regulation, kicking and screaming. Welcome to the public utilities of the 21st century.
That has to be one of the most hilarious things I have ever read. The Trump administration has erased decades worth of regulations on corporations already, and gave them a huge tax break. Not that they were paying much taxes anyway due to tax law loop holes.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2018, 23:33.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2018, 22:53 Mr. Tact

The show looks like it has potential, but not sure it is worth subscribing for it...  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Telecoms have been throttling YouTube and Netflix Sep 8, 2018, 13:30 Mr. Tact

Uh, is there anyone who didn't see this coming? I love this line:
The carriers have defended their actions as traffic management and not “throttling.”
Yeah, this is just a single finger wave, not me telling you to fuck off.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2018, 13:24 Mr. Tact

Nice. One would have thought given the project parameters this is something they would have looked at closely. Stupidity indeed...  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 8, 2018, 13:18 Mr. Tact

Apps collecting and selling data?! I am shocked. SHOCKED!  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2018, 01:32 Mr. Tact

A "super-pod" of dolphins off the Monterey Coast: Awesome.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2018, 01:20 Mr. Tact

Sounds pretty convincing to me. Hell, I'm almost tempted to try Manjaro. If ever I decide to take the Linux plunge, I'll be sure to ask you about it first, Burrito.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 7, 2018, 13:37 Mr. Tact

32:9 aspect ratio? Is there anything that's setup for that? I'd be more interested if it had a more reasonable ratio...  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 12:23 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 12:06:
Virginia man puts up electric fence near a school bus stop to keep kids off his lawn.
You know I was actually empathetic toward the man until I saw his photo. What a real American hero.
Initially when I read the article I thought 18' seemed a bit much for the city to be claiming. But thinking about it, to have room for utilities and if they were actually going to install a side walk on his side of the street... 18' might be reasonable. Either way, an electric fence was a dick move -- a normal fence would have been sufficient.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 11:54 Mr. Tact

I have a buddy whose laptop recently croaked on a forced Win10 update and reboot. He ended up calling Microsoft, they told him it was because some driver was no longer supported and they suggested he downgrade to Win7.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 08:09 Mr. Tact

NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 07:51:
Did they ever give any indication of why Trump's election might have increased their racism or anti-Semitism?
I don't think it increased the amount but it emboldened them. If a racist was elected President then they could "come out of the closet" so to speak. They thought they were the new majority.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse - Teachers Moonlighting Sep 7, 2018, 08:07 Mr. Tact

Jonjonz wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 07:44:
I don't get it, what are they selling?

Pictures?
Yeah, it wasn't clear to me either. As best I can tell they take pictures of things they have created for their classrooms and other teachers use those ideas for their classrooms. Pretty amazing one of them makes $200k doing it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 6, 2018, 23:03 Mr. Tact

Why would a "serious" gamer use wireless instead of a wired connection?  

7402 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo