Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5509 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2017, 23:57 Mr. Tact

1badmf wrote on May 21, 2017, 19:06:
i gotta say i'm not thrilled about the trailers. too shooty-shooty-bang-bang for me. bladerunner was never about action. one of its chief criticisms when it came out was that it was too slow in fact. bladecrawler some called it. i hope he didn't adjust it for the ADD millennial crowd, but the trailers sure look like it.
Perhaps it is my faulty aging brain, but I seem remember there being plenty of action in the original. I mean Harrison does hunt down and kill the replicants. I mean is it a non-stop shooter? No. But overall...never heard the term "bladecrawler" before, and it seems to me anyone using it should seek a doctor for a possible ADHD diagnosis... Winkrazz

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2017, 21:51 Mr. Tact

Am I the only one who gets annoyed that Science Fiction and Fantasy get lumped together so often? Granted, sometimes there isn't much difference.. Despite having read and enjoyed plenty of Fantasy novels, I just prefer Science Fiction and I find it disappointing they have to compete for the awards.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2017, 18:50 Mr. Tact

Your anecdote reminds me of something similar I could relay.. my freshman year of college, there was a food truck which showed up outside the university residence in the early evening. Generally the only thing I purchased from them was prepackaged goods, chips and such. However, one evening I had gotten distracted and missed dinner at the dining hall. So, I bought a sub sandwich from them.. don't really recall what type it was but I remember I thought it was very good. So after that about once a week or so I would get a sub from them. I suspect their health standards surpassed a garden variety gas station, but I could be mistaken...  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2017, 15:29 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2017, 14:30:
VaranDragon wrote on May 20, 2017, 11:37:
Im going to make an educated guess and say that it's not an alien megalithic structure that's causing the dip in the star's brightness.
Occam's razor says it's aliens. Obviously.
I wish it would turn out to be aliens, because it would be so damn cool/interesting/terrifying. The "broken up planet" idea I heard recently didn't seem like too far of a stretch...

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2017, 12:16 Mr. Tact

Party pooper! But, yeah... not likely.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2017, 09:53 Mr. Tact

A one off purchase does not imply it was a staple of your plans. That said, I realized I missed the "my" in what SlimRam said:
SlimRam wrote on May 19, 2017, 22:01:
... gas-station food was a staple of my bachelor life ...
which I can not deny or protest.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 22:47 Mr. Tact

SlimRam wrote on May 19, 2017, 22:01:
Anyway, shame on you, gas-station food was a staple of my bachelor life and I shall never rebuke them, regardless of the gastrointestinal suicide I committed in my youth!
Uh. no. As someone in their mid 50s who started saying at 16 that I'd never be married, and lived up to it. I object to the idea that "gas-station food is a staple of bachelor life". Eating out, yes. At gas-stations? Only if your brain is turned off. Mine isn't.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 21:48 Mr. Tact

On a completely different subject.. best headline I've seen in a while:

Can we now stop talking about Anthony Weiner? Like, forever?

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 21:43 Mr. Tact

WarPig wrote on May 19, 2017, 19:43:
what the hell happened to nin?
Hey, WarPig. Blue contacted him and reported, "I contacted him and was relieved to find out he's okay at least... he says he's taking a break, which is hopefully temporary."

That's all we know, he hasn't posted since about mid February.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2017, 17:56 Mr. Tact

The GOP is pro-business and anti-government. So, rules telling businesses they can't do what they want are "excessive regulation". They don't consider what the effect is on the consumer, that's not what they are interested in.  

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2017, 09:39 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on May 19, 2017, 09:28:
I find Trump to be a perfect example of why we should support estate taxes. Nevermind that someone so dumb has become arguably successful, his moron kids will be more successful than every single BN poster combined.
Well, if by successful you mean rich -- then you are absolutely correct. If you mean respected by the people who know them, only if those people are brainless fools looking to suck at the teat of the Trump wealth...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 19, 2017, 09:20 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on May 19, 2017, 07:31:
My HP laptop does the same thing on popping up with new software bios updates and recommends that they be installed.
And do you install them?

Corporate environment is a different story. I can do a CYA via email to the boss on any update I don't really think is needed, plus I can have a test pool of machines prior to updating large numbers of them.

However, for personal equipment, as far as BIOS updates go, I'll stick with my only "to fix a known problem you were experiencing and with a patch known to work".

45. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 23:38 Mr. Tact

Although I knew a bit about Soundgarden, I didn't know the name Chris Cornell. Which really isn't saying much for me, I'm really bad about knowing band members names of even bands I like and own multiple albums for. That said it is always sad when anyone believes dying is their best option (short perhaps of a terminal illness, or other grave problem). This article on People Chris Cornell's final show is more than a bit chilling in retrospect.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 18, 2017, 22:37 Mr. Tact

No surprise here. Trump and the GOP ran on this. Removal of as many federal regulations as possible.

As I said in another topic, I have little doubt the right wing media is spinning this as removal of excessive federal regulation which was strangling little business all over the country. And I'm sure the Trump supporters believe it.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 18, 2017, 22:15 Mr. Tact

GothicWizard wrote on May 18, 2017, 21:50:
The silence of the FCC actions from trump supporters speaks volumes.
Err? So you are saying their silence indicates they are really against this decision? If that's what you are saying (and I admit I'm not sure what you are saying) I think you are mistaken.

Trump supporters believe what the right wing media tells them. And I have little doubt the removal of Net Neutrality rules are being characterized as a liberation of the little guy from excessive federal regulation.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 18, 2017, 21:30 Mr. Tact

Okay, tell me what am I missing here?

I've owned at least one PC since 1989, probably a solid dozen in all. I think I've done one BIOS update in all that time to correct a specific problem. Why would you ever do this except to fix a known problem you were experiencing and with a patch known to work?

37. Re: First Trailer: May 18, 2017, 19:05 Mr. Tact

SlimRam wrote on May 18, 2017, 18:19:
EDIT: Darn it, I forgot to mention that I didn't hear any Beastie Boys either.
Haha! Definitely one of, if not the best scenes of the movie.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer May 18, 2017, 17:35 Mr. Tact

I don't know anything about Destiny and watching this trailer didn't give me much of an idea of what gameplay in Destiny 2 would be like. Pretty much a fail of a trailer if you ask me. ie.. what is game play and what was an in-game set pieces?  

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 15:46 Mr. Tact

Where questions of morality are involved I'd have to say In The Pale Moonlight tops my list of favorite DS9 episodes.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 12:08 Mr. Tact

The Half Elf wrote on May 18, 2017, 10:34:
First it's centered around 1 character (the Commander)
Has CBS said that? Or is that just your impression from the clip? If the latter it would be pretty easy to take clips from all the Star Trek series and say they were about the Captain...

5509 Comments. 276 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo