Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5579 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2017, 22:01 Mr. Tact

One of the great tragedies of TV history is that the way Babylon 5 was made makes it impossible for a remastering to HD. *sigh*  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Pa. man awarded $870,000 after doctor removes wrong testicle. Jun 17, 2017, 14:38 Mr. Tact

From the article, "It is the first medical malpractice verdict in the immediate area in at least 25 years." Depending on what constitutes the "immediate area" that seems some what surprising. I'm guessing there have been other cases of medical malpractice during that time...  

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2017, 13:39 Mr. Tact

Sorry, took it as a laughing at Trump.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2017, 12:24 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 12:19:
That is always an option. Have you tried texting.

too soon?
Haha, not for me it isn't. Although I have to say, I was a bit surprised by the verdict. I didn't read much about the case, but given the verdict I assume there was a lot more circumstantial evidence than I currently know about.

News Comments > Diablo III Introducing Challenge Rifts
4. Re: Diablo III Introducing Challenge Rifts Jun 17, 2017, 12:20 Mr. Tact

It isn't the worst idea I've ever heard... might be interesting to get to play a character with 1000+ paragon levels.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2017, 12:15 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I know -- thanks for informing me on the off chance I was unaware. Just hoping I might get him/her to see the light. After all, if it wasn't for hope I might have turned mass murderer a long time ago.  

34. Re: Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please Jun 17, 2017, 08:40 Mr. Tact

NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 01:23:
Pence is pretty disgusting but he would at least not humiliate our country half as bad as Trump. Prior to the election I joked that Pence was impeachment insurance... now I'm 100% certain I would prefer Pence if for no other reason than predictability and to be rid of Trump.

I feared Trump would just be a Republican puppet, but at least less reliable of one than Pence. Instead, Trump has proved to be chaos incarnate and a PR disaster for America, doing shit that damages both parties and the country as a whole.
I'm not denying Trump is doing damage. I just feel the damage would be much greater if Pence takes over. Yeah, Trump is embarrassing, but I'd rather be embarrassed than be living in Pence's vision of the world.
What are they gonna do? Vote for a Democrat or third party? Trump has nearly no support left outside the hardcore Republican base, and those people have nowhere to go. He's closing in on the absolute minimum approval rating you can feasibly obtain. You can count on around 25% of Americans to approve of the President strictly on party loyalty no matter how badly he fucks up. Nixon resigning in the midst of impeachment still had 24% of the public behind him. Trump's already down to 35% not even six months in, which itself is historic.
They are going to elect even more far right GOP members, getting rid of current GOP members in the primaries -- which is exactly what the GOP is currently afraid of. Until the Ds manage to get the districts redrawn we are likely in for a GOP shit show...

33. Re: Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please Jun 17, 2017, 08:24 Mr. Tact

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 00:07:
the kids who arent democrat or republican.. i know its hard to believe, but the current 2 party system actually wont last forever.. because its physically impossible

people like you are the fucking problem. get out of the way, dude

just fucking die off if you have to.. whatever it takes..

its for the greater good
LOL. I am not the problem. I'd love to see the US do something like France just did. Have a political party grow from non-existence to having the Presidency and control of parliament in under a year. Assuming of course, the party was sane and reasonable.

That said, the barriers to do so are significant in the US. For instance, in most (all?) regions, election rules for signature requirements to get on the ballot for parties other than Rs and Ds are much higher. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, just that the system is for lack of a better word, rigged against anyone outside the Rs and Ds.

I know something else for sure. Your ranting on the Internet is less than noise in the background. If you were really interested in changing things, you wouldn't be wasting your time telling this curmudgeon that "the kids" are going to do "whatever it takes.. its for the greater good".

I hope they do. However, I'll only believe it when I see it.

29. Re: Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please Jun 17, 2017, 00:02 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 23:53:
"President Pence" has a nice ring to it.
No, it doesn't. And if you did a bit of research on Pence you'd probably agree.

28. Re: Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please Jun 17, 2017, 00:00 Mr. Tact

NKD wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 23:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 22:50:
All these things are big positives for the people who elected him, and the GOP knows it.
I think it's the other way around. The reason people think those things are positive is because their God Emperor Trump did them. They don't care about policy, they care about the team they are on.
I'm not sure I understand how you are disagreeing with me... Yes, they are positives because he said he would do them, and he followed through.
Trump only cares about himself and the Republicans know this. If and when it becomes clear that he is more trouble than he is worth, they'll turn on him. The bar for this is quite high however, having a useful idiot in the Oval Office is quite valuable even if he is troublesome. It remains to be seen whether that bar can be reached.
I agree. Although you could make an argument that getting rid of Trump for Pence would make it easier to accomplish their agenda. The problem being a possible revolt by the Trump supporters.

25. Re: Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please Jun 16, 2017, 22:50 Mr. Tact

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 22:29:
bullshit. the damage is done. the public doesnt forgive shit anymore - he already fucked up big time and joe sixpack doesnt give a shit about legislation this and policy that... trump is far far FAR too stupid to get away with all his bullshit while remaining in the spotlight forever, as the US president is by definition... everybody knows it, and everybody is making their list and checking it twice

problem is that the Ds are almost just as bad, they are just too stupid/pretentious to lie about it... theyre fucked

its gonna be new blood up in there pretty soon.. wait for it
I'm not quite following you... Trump has fucked up, Joe six-pack isn't going to forgive him, and the Ds are just as bad. So, who exactly do you think is going to take over? The British Labour Party?

The truth is most of the 46% which elected Trump still support him. He is causing chaos by sticking to his guns and not allowing the political hacks to tell him what to do. He is fighting for the travel ban, he pulled out of the Paris Accords, etc. All these things are big positives for the people who elected him, and the GOP knows it.

Nothing we have seen to date will cause him to be impeached. Didn't you see Paul Ryan the other day? It is no big deal, Trump just isn't used to all the intricacies of the federal government. The House is no where close to impeaching Trump.

22. Re: Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please Jun 16, 2017, 21:31 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 21:10:
My fingers are crossed that this is the beginning of the un-orangening
Not me. I hope he keeps stumbling and bumbling along until the Ds regain either the House, the Senate, or the Presidency. His continuing nonsense/idiocy will hopefully continue to paralyze the GOP, keeping them from passing any of their insane legislative agenda. Removing him would end the distraction and allow the GOP to do some real damage...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 19:19 Mr. Tact

panbient wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 18:34:
What I'd really like to see is a focus on the basics (including basic dental and optical exams - but pay for your own braces and glasses) and then not necessarily privatize specialized procedures but anything that is elective should be paid for by the patient.
It might be a "US problem", but the pricing on glasses these days, especially for things like progressive bifocals, borders on the ridiculous...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 14:37 Mr. Tact

Cutter, I assume a major reason for what you are describing is the lack of a profit motivation. You don't have any billion dollar corporate hospitals building new facilities to make even more billions. I'd agree with most of what you said, socialized medicine works great for some things, not so great for other things. And the system we have in the US is only great if either you are employed by a large employer with a good insurance plan, or if you have the cash.  

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
8. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 14:23 Mr. Tact

Really guys? The best idea you can come up with is to remaster D2 and WC3? You should look for jobs in Hollywood, they also love doing the same thing over and over again.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 12:13 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 11:42:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 10:24:
Has your treatment been going well, Blue? I remember you figured it out last year, but I don't recall the results from whatever treatment was decided on...

Oh yeah. It was a few weeks of antibiotics and, thankfully, I've been fine since.
Awesome. I'm sure I probably read you saying that, but didn't recall.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 10:24 Mr. Tact

Has your treatment been going well, Blue? I remember you figured it out last year, but I don't recall the results from whatever treatment was decided on...  

11. Re: Off topic Jun 16, 2017, 09:15 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 01:59:
Yeah, I'm a Keifer fan, but this seems like a stretch.
Saw he was in the cast list, but didn't notice him in the trailer, probably a cameo.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released
5. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Jun 16, 2017, 00:33 Mr. Tact

Bradley wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 22:03:
What exactly is the game play like in this series, do you actually control a bike, or is it more of setting up a spreadsheet and watching the results play out?
Never played, but as I understand it you are the "Director Sportif" -- essentially the general manager of a cycling team. You select the team, presumably with budget restrictions, and then decide which of your riders race in the various races. I don't know if it is then randomized results or you get "real results" via some interface or something. Either way, it seems you'd have to have a fanatical interest in cycling for it to be interesting.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released
2. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released Jun 15, 2017, 20:43 Mr. Tact

Yeah. As I have commented before, I'm a pretty big cycling fan, especially for being in the US -- but this game leaves me with a large question mark sitting over my head. I simply fail to understand the appeal.  

5579 Comments. 279 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo