Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4537 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 11:48 Mr. Tact

I'm so glad my neighborhood has underground power lines. Although my house occasionally takes "hits" of power fluctuations (the UPSes kick on, but I don't really see any power fade) rarely do we get power outages. And when we do it is either something wide spread or the local sub-station. In ten years I think there have be 5 or 6 outages over 5 minutes. Internet is not as good, my only broadband choice is Comcast, and their performance is less than spectacular.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
28. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 29, 2016, 11:42 Mr. Tact

I am really on the fence about this. I'd like to see more about resource collection and how getting equipment and ship upgrades works. It certainly goes on the list of games "without a goal", but so was Minecraft and I definitely played a ton of Minecraft.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2016, 08:16 Mr. Tact

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 03:24:
Hillary and Trump win in New York....sigh

America should just invade itself and force itself to adopt democracy.

/ducks and runs
It was only a matter of time before a protest candidate like Trump had their day. No one is voting for Trump. They are voting against all the politicians they already know. Last I heard the approval rating for Congress was either in or approaching single digits.

The funny thing is, Trump is just as bad as all the politicians. He lies as well and as easily as he breathes. That press conference where he had all the Trump products was a great example. He stood there and told lies that could demonstrably be shown as lies. Yet almost nothing was said about it.

I want to say there is no way he can win the general election. And I hope that's true, but unfortunately I'm not sure it is.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2016, 11:57 Mr. Tact

El Pit wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 11:29:
Blue, when I go to the user setting, I have to log in, then click on "Manage Ignored Users" in the main menu to block a certain guy here, I am asked to log in again, and am back at the main menu. I am running the latest Firefox. Is this problem known to you? Is it something on my side that I can fix?
Works for me in Chrome.

News Comments > Soda Drinker Pro
7. Re: Soda Drinker Pro Apr 15, 2016, 23:01 Mr. Tact

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 15:54:
I can't believe people are paying money for this.
Late April Fools?

Assuming not, I'm not particularly surprised people would buy it. I mean they bought 'Goat Simulator", right? Is it stupid? Yes. "A fool and his money..."

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2016, 08:38 Mr. Tact

Flo wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 07:22:
Thinking about starting a new website workorgame.com
Where I review games with regard to whether it's a real game or just work like Minecraft, [insert random crafting survival game] etc.
What do you think?!
I'm sure you aren't being serious, but it is simply a matter of personal taste. You could just as well review with regard to whether it is a real game or just another FPS.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2016, 08:20 Mr. Tact

I suspect there is a fair portion of the of the group calling for a Vanilla server that wouldn't last a month if it happened. The game was a lot harder at the start...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2016, 11:59 Mr. Tact

Yeah, if only he hadn't invented inertia!  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 11:55 Mr. Tact

Pandora's Star is worth reading though....  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2016, 14:09 Mr. Tact

Exactly right, jdreyer. Barring a very small percentage of people with actual medical problems, it essentially always comes down to having the will to do it. Which isn't to say it is easy, simply that it is a matter of choice and over coming your desire to do "otherwise".  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
11. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 23:47 Mr. Tact

Well... when you consider how long it takes to level to 70... even for an amateur like me, probably not.  

86. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 23:46 Mr. Tact

Yeah, it is certainly a check box for some employers along with certain certifications like from Cisco. Personally, the only thing I think a bachelor's degree proves is that you are willing to put up with shit to obtain a goal. But my opinion may be colored by the fact I could never put up with it..  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 22:37 Mr. Tact

*blort* Was half awake this morning when I first opened my Gmail and got burned by their stupid April's Fool's joke. No real damage just made me want to go burn down their offices.  

84. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 22:30 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 12:55:
IT work historically takes post-secondary education. The people that have put the time and money into (read: an investment) that education expect to it to pay off. Literally.
Yes and no. Certainly I've known people making good money in the IT industry who didn't go to college at all. And others who went to college, but didn't study anything technical. I know two guys with BAs in Psychology, and another with Honors degrees in English, the Classics, and Rhetoric -- all of them now have high level IT jobs.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2016, 19:37 Mr. Tact

Julio wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 17:47:
SlimRam wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 16:53:
William Shatner hit with $170 million paternity lawsuit.

I guess Billy couldn't keep it in his pants in space or in Canada?

Seems like way too much cash if it's even true. A kid isn't cheap to raise, but not $170 million.
Normally, no. But if Shatner is his biological father, the continued denials will hurt Shatner in the end. "The cover-up is always worse than the issue."

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2016, 11:03 Mr. Tact

I do eat thick pizza with a fork on occasion. But thin? Yeah, you eat thin with your hands.  

61. Re: Out of the BlueBiggest CSGO Case Opening Ever. Mar 29, 2016, 21:12 Mr. Tact

Uh, what do expect from spending $50 on gun skins?

"Stupid is as stupid does."

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 08:38 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 10:31:
That bouncy castle story was fucked up.
So much for improvements in tie-downs since a similar incident last year which ended only injuries.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 14:40 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I don't know how complicated a rhythm Henley and Collins can do while singing -- but just the idea of singing and drumming at the same time seems to me like orders of magnitude above patting your head and rubbing your stomach...  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 13:47 Mr. Tact

Anyone who practiced drums for an hour is a better drummer than me. Always been intrigued with drummers who can also sing simultaneously -- for instance like Don Henley and Phil Collins off the top of my head.  

4537 Comments. 227 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo