Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5052 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 24, 2017, 08:03 Mr. Tact

Thanks ViRGE -- I got that far. The part I don't get is...

Say I pay Valve my $2.49 to get a key. I open a box and I'm extremely lucky and get a skin "worth" $100. I trade the skin to a gambling site who gives me $100 credit. I gamble all my money away. How does the site get their $100? I guess they must sell it on an auction site?

Of course, above and beyond that -- I see example story in the referenced ESPN story as mostly a case of bad parenting.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 23, 2017, 23:29 Mr. Tact

I am so old. I read these articles about Counter-Strike skin trading and gambling, and I still don't understand it... Confused  

News Comments > Diablo III Postmortem
4. Re: Diablo III Postmortem Jan 23, 2017, 22:35 Mr. Tact

Okay -- if you bought the game straight out of the gate, yeah it might have been tough to get $60 worth of gaming out of D3. But if you waited a bit... then it was pretty easy to get at least that much out of it.

Was it everything, everyone was hoping for? Nope. It never could have been. And this commentary by Jay Wilson illustrates one of the reasons why it never could.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 12:14 Mr. Tact

Looks like a three way tie in the pool. Congrats to the winners!  

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 20:48 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 20:10:
You think any other administration didn't have GS on staff? Christ, Hillary was even deeper in their pocket than he is.
Exactly. Why are you giving a pass to Trump for what you claim all the previous Presidents did -- which is what you are complaining about? There IS NO DIFFERENCE. And saying Hillary is in the bankers pocket even if it is true, doesn't matter. Trump is President, and he is lining his cabinet with those bankers you are complaining so bitterly about...

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 19:59 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 18:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 18:08:
Come on Cutter. Yeah, every politician ever has used vague or misleading language and broken promises. But to regularly say things which are provably false -- immediately -- is unprecedented.

No man, every politician is a populist. You think Clinton wasn't lying out his ass? Who ratified NAFTA? Who gave Chine favored trading status that began their rise and the US' decline? Anyone who thinks Hillary would have been so much better needs to have their head checked. It would have been the same ol' status quo with the decline of the middle-class going on unabated. She would have brought in the TPIP which would have been the death knell of the middle-class.

Trump is actually really opposed to it on the other hand. That's not just talk. He knows where his bread is buttered, he doesn't need to screw over working class America to make money because it's not where he makes his money anyway. Hillary on the other hand as banker's lawyer is firmly in Wall St. pocket. Hillary, who served on the board of Walmart. Hilary who has always been firmly behind the trade deals that screwed American workers. If not for people like Hillary there wouldn't be a fucking Trump to begin with. Those are the people who have created this goddamned mess. For the 1000th time, this wasn't a vote for Trump it was a vote for change away from the same ol' Washington bullshit. And all those idiots who supported Hillary over Bernie need to learn that and fast.
Have you paid attention to his cabinet choices? Last I checked there were five current or former Goldman, Sachs employees in it. He is in as deep with the Wall Street bankers as Hillary was, if not deeper. I doubt she would have appointed Goldman, Sachs people simply because of the look. The only people who are responsible for the success of Walmart are the drones who shop there. That wouldn't include me.

Saying it wasn't a vote for Trump that it was a vote against the DC status quo ignores that Trump was and is doing exactly what they were. Saying one thing, doing another. As I mentioned with his cabinet choices, instead of "drain the swamp" it should have been "fill the swamp to the maximum".

I get a protest vote, I really do. If there had been a reasonable choice to make a protest vote, I would have done it. But the choice wasn't much of a protest. It's a magic show. It is no different than what we had before, and might be worse. Only time will tell.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 18:08 Mr. Tact

Come on Cutter. Yeah, every politician ever has used vague or misleading language and broken promises. But to regularly say things which are provably false -- immediately -- is unprecedented.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 16:18 Mr. Tact

Correct, it is not surprising at all. Trump has no impulse control. He behaves like 7 year old -- say something he doesn't like and he immediately responds, "UH-UH!"  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 15:52 Mr. Tact

It's nothing new. He said things which were demonstrably lies throughout the campaign. He'd be in an interview, give a five sentence answer with seven lies in it and the interviewer would be so dumbfounded by it they wouldn't know where to start. And even if they question four of the lies, it left three standing -- unquestioned.

This is our new reality. Listening to the POTUS and only knowing if what he is saying is true or false by having knowledge of the subject prior to his answer.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
19. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 14:03 Mr. Tact

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 12:49:
I love to remind friends and family of this, they all want us to now sit in kumbaya, but they would never with Obama and every petty issue they somehow stuck to him. "Well it's because that was true", they say, eyes roll. They can't see a pattern if it was laying right in front of them, written "I'm a Pattern!"
Of course, how do you think he managed to get elected?

71. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 09:05 Mr. Tact

Redmask wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 08:35:
Fucking bleh I was hoping people got this out of their system with the election, hopefully it dies down soon.
The topic has wandered to and fro so I'm not sure what you are referring to. But if you were hoping we'd stop noticing how myopic and ridiculous the Trump administration is, I wouldn't bet on it.

53. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 23:21 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 22:19:
White House website touts Melanie drumpf’s modeling and jewelry line, website now indistinguishable from QVC.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was a joke. Unfortunately, it is the kind of joke that fuels the Trump supporters...

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 19:02 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 18:30:
...National Day of Patriotism shouldn't be confused with previous presidential proclamations of Patriot Day nor should it be confused with Patriots' Day. confusing
Great... didn't know about the Boston Bombing one. So three every year.. gee that won't be confusing at all.. Rolleyes

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 18:14 Mr. Tact

Saboth wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 17:46:
Apparently Trumpy just signed legislation creating "National Patriotism Day". I'm not sure why we need that when we have the 4th of July, Veteran's day, Memorial Day, etc., but the title sounds very authoritarian. "Vere eese your display of patriotism, citizen?? Off to zee gulag with you!"
I thought 9/11 was already "Patriots Day"...

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 21, 2017, 15:44 Mr. Tact

thecakeisalie wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 13:29:
Sorry, politics aside, I could never stand Trump.
Gotta agree with this. Everything I ever heard or read about the guy in the previous two decades, prior to the start of his campaign, made me think he was a total loser. His TV show only strengthened that analysis. But hey, every dog has his day -- apparently...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 14:56 Mr. Tact

Kosumo wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:21:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 11:09:
Had a cat as a kid, he was an inside cat. We actually tied him up when we put him out. True lap cat, would sleep in your lap for hours if you let him. Thinking about him creates a temptation to get a cat... but I'm not down for the upkeep. Yes, I realize it really isn't that much -- still more than I care to worry about being the sloth, coach potato I am..
You need a cat imho.
Haha. Maybe. I go back and forth about it. I have occasionally considered getting a pair of kittens -- that way they could entertain each other when I wasn't home (not that often these days). But I've never really gotten close to doing it. One reason is the idea leaves me with the image of being a bit like the male version of a "crazy cat lady". Not a pleasant image.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 13:34 Mr. Tact

Trump's speech was interesting as a display of how little can be said in an hour long speech. And he doesn't consider himself a politician...

Recently heard some people didn't know/realize the reason they were able to get health care insurance was because of the ACA. For reasons beyond my understanding some people didn't make the connection between the two. On the one hand pretty astounding, on the other a great example of how clueless the general public is.

Only time will tell how much damage Trump can cause. I'm trying to hold out hope the anti-Trump people are overly worried. However, optimism is not my strength...

70. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 21, 2017, 13:22 Mr. Tact

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 12:58:
I haven't heard of any really good ideas in this area that wouldn't be trivially circumvented or tilt the board even more in favor of the wealthy and connected. Anyone know of any good ideas?
Reverse Citizens United? It wouldn't fix it, but it would help. Better, make any and all politically contributions required to be reported and public. The first amendment doesn't say anything about being able to speak anonymously.

The rich will always have more power and influence. At least until we reach some Star Trek like utopia where money becomes obsolete. But knowing who is spending their money and where, will help control it some.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 11:09 Mr. Tact

Had a cat as a kid, he was an inside cat. We actually tied him up when we put him out. True lap cat, would sleep in your lap for hours if you let him. Thinking about him creates a temptation to get a cat... but I'm not down for the upkeep. Yes, I realize it really isn't that much -- still more than I care to worry about being the sloth, coach potato I am..  

45. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 16:00 Mr. Tact

ledhead1969 wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 15:53:
Do you even understand the electoral college? It is designed to give a voice to all of those flyover states you libs hate.
It was designed to placate the Slave states whose populations were low -- since blacks only counted as 3/5 of a person. And they were fearful the Free states would abolish slavery.

5052 Comments. 253 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo