Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5510 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
7. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 11, 2017, 21:16 Mr. Tact

What exactly about this video is supposed to make me want to buy this game?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2017, 19:47 Mr. Tact

bigspender wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 05:41:
Well I figure you'd rather hear it from an attractive woman than from me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI
There isn't much "attractive" about modern food preparation, period. If that video bothers you significantly, then vegan is a good move. Personally though, the only thing that video did for me was to remind me it has been a while since I've had veal, think I'll go out to dinner and get some.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2017, 20:08.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2017, 10:02 Mr. Tact

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 08:39:
apparently you failed to notice that the people who are concerned about "Sharia Law" ARE THE GOP and their supporters, fanatics, etc... and I dont think they are interested in stopping their own platform...
Yes, that's true for some. But there is a portion of the population which isn't rabidly in the GOP corner who simply don't take the time to think about it. Who, if they spent some time considering both points of view might realize "Sharia Law" is way down the list of things to worry about if you are living in the US...

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2017, 08:24 Mr. Tact

As others have indicated, I think anyone concerned about "Sharia law" in the US would be better off paying attention to and trying to stop the GOP's platform. What they are doing to voting rights, women's healthcare rights, and all kinds of other issues where they are trying to force on the population their ideas of what is "right" based on their own religious beliefs.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2017, 17:59 Mr. Tact

RIP Adam West.  

3. Re: Driver attempts to parallel park in generously-sized space for 6 minutes. Jun 10, 2017, 13:44 Mr. Tact

That is some seriously bad parking ability...  

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 22:18 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 22:07:
Go west!
I really have no desire to live anywhere but where I am currently living, but I have to admit California's solution to the problem is fairly compelling. (Assuming it is actually passed into law)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: 20 of the Worst PC Setups - May 2017 Jun 8, 2017, 22:01 Mr. Tact

The only time I had anything close to being that bad was when I was in the USAF and living in temporary quarters after having changed stations (moved). I packed the PC into the car for the move and didn't have any of my furniture...  

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 21:40 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 20:39:
Meanwhile, while all eyes are one Comey, in the Senate McConnell is trying to ram through the AHCA. Two days for debate then vote. 25 million fewer will have health insurance per the CBO. Those people will still go to the ER though and those costs passed on to consumers like us.
Well, I'd say the AHCA is highly likely to screw me, seeing as I am currently getting a substantial subsidy. Here's to hoping the Ds manage to put it off somehow...

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 20:28 Mr. Tact

I liked milk as a kid and I still like it now. Probably drank a half gallon or more a day all the way up to and through high school. Real milk, whole milk. Can't stand that 2% or skim stuff. And I can't say what portion it played, probably a lot less than my genes, but I did grow to be 6' 2.5" tall.

That said, I don't drink it that much these days because I prefer to not "drink my calories". But every now and then I'll splurge and buy a gallon.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 16:34 Mr. Tact

Oh God, I hate it when I agree with Cutter...  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 13:38 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 12:48:
The question is can the president constitutionally be obstructive? He's the top dog and according to experts he can initiate, stop, or block any investigation -- even Comey said that. Does it disrupt the function of our democracy? That's what Congress must decide.
Oh, they can -- but the GOP controlled House won't. As I have said previously, barring a legally created recording of Trump admitting to a criminal offense, he will not be impeached.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 12:33 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 11:38:
He goes into more detail as to his motivations, attitude, and fears.
Possibly interesting, but ultimately unimportant. Barring a surprising revelation from Comey or another source I'm not expecting much to happen. Trump is probably guilty of obstruction of justice, but not so blatantly that he'll get impeached by the GOP controlled House.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 11:31 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 11:19:
I suggest watching it in real-time, if you have a chance. Otherwise, you'll get mostly interpretations. His body language and facial expression says a lot.
You're assuming he's going to say something we don't already know. The only thing he could say which we don't already know, or could infer, are things he won't say because it will compromise the ongoing investigations.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 11:04 Mr. Tact

I'm not working, and not watching. I'll wait for the summaries afterwards...  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 23:36 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 22:57:
In other news, I'm on day three of post-surgery and feeling better. The narcotics help, but I'm still sore.
Don't suppose you had your religion removed?

Sorry, couldn't resist! Whatever the situation, I hope you have a full recovery.

20. Re: Statement for the Record: Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Jun 7, 2017, 20:09 Mr. Tact

Dacote wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 19:40:
This is priceless.
Opera versus tRump
Ha! Great, I was literally laughing out loud.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 20:00 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 19:07:
Wow so I'm looking to invest in a second property and I call a seller's realtor to check out a property I'm interested in .. one of his first questions was how old are you .. WTF? I get that in person a lot ... people don't believe my age, I often get told I look 10 to 15 years younger than I am. It's so annoying. /rant
Err.. shut up you old crab! Is that better?

Seriously though, it is a bit odd the first thing the realtor would ask you (especially over the phone) is your age. If you were asking about a specific property I'd expect an answer to that inquiry. Now, if you asked a more general question, I'd expect the first question to be what price range you were looking at.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 13:53 Mr. Tact

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 12:16:
Paper is made out of trees. Or recycled paper. It's better than plastic but what's really needed is some common sense. Dogshit never hurt nobody. Yeah, it's a nuisance if you step in it, but it's pretty much gone after some rainfall. It's also completely biodegradable.
That's true. However if you live in a major metropolitan area, I doubt you want people to stop bagging their dog's poop. And in rural areas, I'm guessing a very large portion of the population is going to be in the NIMFY coalition. I know I would be...

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2017, 10:07 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 10:05:
...he's offered to let me crash at his place. But I'm far closer to the other three friends, and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable imposing like that on them, much less him...
Yep. Been there, done that -- both sides.

5510 Comments. 276 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo