Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6880 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Thanks Obama!!1! May 18, 2018, 20:55 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 18, 2018, 17:57:
What Trump really needs to know is what a SHIV is, since he'll be exposed to a lot of them next year in prison.
Wishful thinking. The only way it would happen is if he was convicted on some kind of state law regrading his business practices in a state with a D governor. A very low probability at best...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Ops IIII Announced
12. Re: Black Ops IIII Announcement May 17, 2018, 17:22 Mr. Tact

I gotta believe at least one person stepped forward and said, "Shouldn't it be 'IV'?" -- would love to have heard what the obviously idiotic response was...  

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2018, 14:35 Mr. Tact

Don't you all know? The DNA that started everything came from Mars! We are all Martians anyway...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2018, 14:34 Mr. Tact

Clearly I made the wrong career choices, a $100k pension for a school resource officer? Wow. I only ever made more than that when I was working, due to retention bonuses....  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2018, 13:12 Mr. Tact

I'm guessing this is some sort of commentary on some part of popular culture which I have apparently totally missed out on (probably thankfully)....  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2018, 14:38 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:08:
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 crash was deliberate, aviation experts suggest.

This makes no sense. You turn the plane around 180 and fly it 7 hours in the other direction to commit suicide? And your copilot is none the wiser?
The evidence against the pilot seems a bit light to me. Maybe he did it, maybe not. That said, I do think "someone" did it. This wasn't a mechanical failure.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2018, 21:24 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on May 13, 2018, 20:16:
Wow, scary stuff about eh microplastics in beer. Means they're everywhere else too.
Exactly right, they are everywhere basically. Saw a report where they took water samples from like 200 locations worldwide and they all had microplastics in them. It is slowly moving up the list of things which might kill off the human race.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2018, 18:28 Mr. Tact

I wonder what the expected lifetime of that bridge is. I mean with salt water waves pounding it like that I'm thinking it can't be long...  

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2018, 11:34 Mr. Tact

Wow. Twice a week. Bet you have some nice scar tissue built up...  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2018, 19:46 Mr. Tact

Orogogus wrote on May 12, 2018, 19:43:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 12, 2018, 15:18:
Giving blood every six weeks is about all I can take (I give since I am O-, universal donor), giving plasma once a week? Clearly he deserves a sainthood...
In the US, at least, I think the Red Cross and most local blood banks (mine, at least) make you wait eight weeks between whole blood donations. Platelets are once a week, plasma is twice a week.
Now that you say it, I think you are right. I just have an appointment set in my Goggle calendar and do a walk-in when it comes up. Plasma is a one week wait in the US also.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2018, 18:20 Mr. Tact

The first book barely touches on it, but one of the odd/interesting things in the "Altered Carbon" universe is humans have found significant evidence for a seemingly extinct but highly advanced Martian civilization. The "stack" technology is adapted from discovered Martian artifacts. All the planets which have been populated by humans were found via coordinates found in Martian relics. The second and third novels feature Martian technology much more prominently. I haven't seen much sci-fi which featured a significant Martian civilization outside maybe War of the Worlds and John Carter of Mars...  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2018, 16:40 Mr. Tact

mag wrote on May 12, 2018, 16:17:
Did you really not like Altered Carbon? I haven't watched it, but I read the novel, and I was kinda iffy on that. But everyone seemed to love the Netflix series.
I watched the TV series and then read the three books. I enjoyed both, but thought they were only okay to good, not great.

The series is based on the first book alone. There were some changes, but I thought it followed the book about as closely as you could expect. Both the book and the series were punctuated with violence and sex. This is neither good or bad, simply a matter of taste.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2018, 16:57.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2018, 15:18 Mr. Tact

Giving blood every six weeks is about all I can take (I give since I am O-, universal donor), giving plasma once a week? Clearly he deserves a sainthood...  

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2018, 19:31 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on May 11, 2018, 13:10:
That blows. Hopefully someone else picks it up. Shows are cancelled for a variety of reason with the primary ones being ratings and profitability. The Expanse most likely got dropped due to the "nature of its agreement for the series, which only gives the cable network first-run linear rights in the U.S."
That would explain why episodes were not rebroadcast, I had been wondering about that since my DVR somehow managed to miss an episode in season two.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2018, 17:56 Mr. Tact

There are bad dates, and then there are BAD dates.  

9. Re: Man exacts revenge on package thieves with a loud trap. May 11, 2018, 16:09 Mr. Tact

*sheesh* Damn thieves.. it would be interesting to know what period of time it look for all those events to occur. I mean, it wasn't likely the same day as the fence was taken down...  

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2018, 10:16 Mr. Tact

That you don't understand and don't want an explanation is completely unsurprising.  

12. Re: The Price of This Drug Went Up 100,000 Percent Since 2001 for No Good Reason. May 10, 2018, 17:57 Mr. Tact

KS wrote on May 10, 2018, 14:08:
The alternative to expensive drugs isn't cheaper ones. It's no drugs at all.

Anybody can look at the current state of invention and shout things should be cheaper. But unless you have Dr. Strange's amulet, you can't see the other, less-capitalistic futures where the drug is delayed years or decades, or not invented at all.

This is all tied up in trying to force insurance to pay for it by introducing an idiotic price you can negotiate down from. Meanwhile people die.
What the hell are you talking about? In this particular case the drug has been around since the 1950s and selling for years at a low price. There is no legitimate capitalism reason to increase the price by 100,000% -- they just can, so they did. It is greed plain and simple.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization May 10, 2018, 00:21 Mr. Tact

Mr. Tact wrote on May 8, 2018, 18:33:
I see MoviePass is dying, somehow I doubt anyone outside the company is surprised.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 10, 2018, 00:17 Mr. Tact

The incident was two years ago, the Stars and Stripes article was from a year ago. I wonder if the case has been resolved.

Edit: Here it is. He got a lot less than he could have.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2018, 00:30.

6880 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo