Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 7364 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 17, 2018, 13:29 Mr. Tact

Yeah, population density in Japan is difficult to wrap your brain around when you look at the numbers. Also, the number of earthquakes they get -- most are not detectable by humans, but it many thousands a year. The number I am recalling from something I watched is around 8,000 -- but I'm not certain I am remember correctly.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2018, 11:34 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 11:21:
Not excited about this movie, but has to be better than the last joker.
To be clear, which joker role are you criticizing?

9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 17, 2018, 09:54 Mr. Tact

At some level you are right, all of them are complicit. Are we drawing an arbitrary line? Sure. Should it be drawn somewhere else? Maybe. But I don't feel I'm being unfair by criticizing Google.  

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 17, 2018, 08:50 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 00:35:
What those googlers have to realize is that the average Chinese cares not a single fuck about privacy, the word doesn't even exist in Chinese. And if you ever been to China you'd know this, and more so, you would realize how laughable sensitive we westerners are to privacy vs how little ANYONE cares there about this.
An interesting angle. I have no idea if you hit the nail on the head or have no idea what you are talking about. But I do know outside of the urban areas it is not uncommon for three generations of family to have lived together in the same home for literally centuries. Which would seemingly fit in with what you are saying. And it makes sense that "privacy" in general is a "new" idea. That said, even if you are right, I'm not sure it means we should give Google a pass for assisting the Chinese government.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2018, 21:33 Mr. Tact

What the heck? Dallas is playing a TE who last played football in JHS?

Yeah, bad week in our pick'em league for me. Guessing (hoping) this will be my dropped week seeing as I have 5 correct at this point -- *ugh*.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2018, 12:41 Mr. Tact

Chiefs, Bengals, same thing.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 16, 2018, 12:01 Mr. Tact

Because I think net neutrality is a good idea, I hate to admit it, but state based net neutrality is probably on shaky ground. How often are you accessing something over the web which is physically in your state? Obviously it would vary based on the state you live it, but overall the answer is probably "not often". So, having state regulation being subservient to federal regulations in this area is seemingly logical.

We will just have to hope in the long haul we can get some actual legislation in place so we don't have to worry about the rules changing every time the party in control of the White House changes.

News Comments > Overwatch WINE Bans
5. Re: Overwatch WINE Bans Sep 16, 2018, 11:54 Mr. Tact

Manjaro is a linux distribution and Proton "is a tool for use with the Steam client which allows games which are exclusive to Windows to run on Linux and macOS operating systems."  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 16, 2018, 11:36 Mr. Tact

Been over a decade since I built a PC. I take it from the comments the pre-applied cooling paste is more than sufficient?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 16, 2018, 11:35 Mr. Tact

I heard somewhere October was going to start after September...  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 16, 2018, 11:33 Mr. Tact

Only half? I thought no one called any one any more? I thought like 90% of calls or more were spam calls already.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2018, 21:08.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 15, 2018, 13:36 Mr. Tact

While I might agree making a living from doing Twitch streams or Youtube videos is more work than most people realize. I don't have much sympathy for those doing it to complain about not getting the type of benefits you might get from having a more typical job. You made your choice, live with it.  

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 15, 2018, 13:13 Mr. Tact

I'm not sure we could get the logistics to work, but if we could I'd be in favor of some sort of universal service. Although we probably couldn't things like infrastructure work done -- which if we could would be awesome.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2018, 23:15 Mr. Tact

Ajit Pai makes me think of the sign I had on the back of my office door for over a decade.

"The only reason some people are still alive, is because it is against the law to kill them."

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 14, 2018, 22:02 Mr. Tact

Okay, first of all we are talking about net worth, not income. If you are making $100k a year, unless you have a large family you are supporting or you are a total clown, your net worth is significantly more than $100k.

I really can't figure you out Cutter. Half the time you are reasonable, occasionally even logical -- but the other half you just spout nonsense. I've admitted to being ignorant on multiple subjects here on this board. But this is much more of a subjective issue here, nothing to be ignorant about. Yeah, he is rich. Yeah, he could afford to give more. Yeah, he might have done it to create good press. None of that makes it reasonable to criticize him for creating a $2B charitable fund. Especially if you aren't letting loose of a relative amount yourself.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2018, 23:00.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 14, 2018, 20:16 Mr. Tact

An app associated with a crypto-currency a Ponzi scheme? I am shocked. SHOCKED!  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 14, 2018, 20:11 Mr. Tact

Cool. She sounded pretty shaky initially, but seemingly managed to calm herself down. I hope she is able to move forward with this being a positive experience. Either way, it will make for a great story for the rest of her life.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2018, 18:26 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 18:24:
I can't find the post but blue mentioned something like this would be happening due to GDPR.

I got the same popup on android
What is the purpose? To warn us there are links to other sites?

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2018, 18:23 Mr. Tact

I got it also today, but it isn't the first time I've seen it. Actually, the first time I thought it was another browser page causing it because I had just switched. Today, I realized it was coming from something here at Blues..  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2018, 15:44 Mr. Tact

What's killing Sears? Its own retirees, the CEO says -- yeah, those pesky promises, sucks when the law makes you keep them, eh? Honestly, I'm surprised Sears hasn't figured out a way to squirm out of the pension payments.  

7364 Comments. 369 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo