Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 7197 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2018, 11:21 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 23:35:
I thought that was his point: that the FBI didn't protect HRC, and in fact threw the election for Trump? That abuse of power by a Federal organization as powerful as the FBI is bad for everyone? Hoover basically ran the country when he ran the FBI. Am I misreading him?

The FBI has long been a conservative organization that has gone after liberals and "hippies" with abandon. That being said, they've done it (largely) within the constrains of the law.
Clearly the FBI is incompetent. They meant to tilt the election process towards HRC but instead they tilted it toward Trump. Changes clearly need to be made!

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2018, 11:11 Mr. Tact

Because of the heat I was thinking maybe I'd go see a movie. Was looking around and.. what the hell? Really? 30 years later they make a movie about Gary Hart? Wonder what Hugh Jackman was paid to play him. Simply bizarre.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7074886

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Weekly Updates Begin
6. Re: No Man's Sky Free Weekly Updates Begin Aug 31, 2018, 10:16 Mr. Tact

JoeNapalm wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 09:56:
Eventually I'll get this cheap on a Steam sale,
If you have an interest in an exploring game it is probably worth the full price now. But yeah, I got it for $30 on sale -- quite the bargain.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2018, 14:48 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 12:44:
Farmerís Almanac predicts brutally cold winter

That's for all you jerks complaining about the heat. This is all your fault! Thanks a lot!
I don't mind the cold so much (although I mind it more as I age) but the snow definitely sucks. *shrug* The price I am willing to pay for getting a Spring and a Fall and to be free of earthquakes, wild fires, and hurricanes.

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
10. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 30, 2018, 00:48 Mr. Tact

Actually, my bad -- I was thinking of "Game of War" the mobile pay to win game.  

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
8. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 30, 2018, 00:04 Mr. Tact

Good to know God of War is still racking it up. It reassures my belief that the general public is a bunch of drones...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2018, 20:48 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 03:22:
Mueller's no idiot. He'll keep his cards close to his vest until the Dems have solid control of the house. Then the charges can't be swept under the rug.
And if the Ds don't get the House, I'm just hoping someone on Mueller's team is willing to take a copy of the investigation report and if necessary, leak it when the GOP buries it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2018, 20:43 Mr. Tact

It is only the beginning... we will be dealing with decisions from "conservative" judges appointed under Trump for a generation to come...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 20:32 Mr. Tact

Because genius is right next to crazy and he doesn't understand which is which...  

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2018, 19:34 Mr. Tact

dubfanatic wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 19:21:
What you're describing is already illegal, or if not strictly illegal is a legitimate firing offense.
You think there was one guilty person? It was a "culture" of inappropriate behavior. Behavior which if you were working at a Fortune 500 company would get you fired.

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
3. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 19:03 Mr. Tact

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 18:45:
Welcome to 2018. A place in time where, even if you name yourself Riot Games, you can not be as anarchistic as you like anymore w/o some SJW shitcocks climbing up and down your ass insisting that political correctness must be maintained. Le sigh.
After all, what's a few rape jokes between friends, right?

News Comments > Molecats Digs Out
1. Re: Molecats Digs Out Aug 29, 2018, 17:01 Mr. Tact

Uh, the concept of the puzzles shown in the trailer peaks my interest a bit, but the animation totally kills it for me.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2018, 18:39 Mr. Tact

Any tennis aficionados here?

I'm watching the US Open coverage and when they show the brackets they only show one quarter of the full bracket at a time. Which is fine, what I don't understand is seeing as this is the first round, I would think half of the people would have seeds. But they don't. Despite having seen seeds as high as 32, you usually only see 3-5 seeds listed in each quarter-bracket. What is going on here?

Edit: Ahh, it is actually 1/8 of the bracket. 128 contestants, not 64 as I was thinking. So, 3-5 seeds per 1/8 of the bracket assuming 32 seeds is about right. Derp.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
21. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 17:32 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:20:
Ten years ago I would have said the same thing about gay marriage or a black president.
Yes, I'll agree prior to 2008 I thought it was highly unlikely I would live to see a black president. However, there was no constitutional block keeping that from happening. Basically, if you can't get 3/4 of the country to agree, there isn't going to be a change to the constitution. Can you honestly say you think 3/4 of the country will want to repeal the 2nd amendment within the next 30 years?

15. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 17:16 Mr. Tact

necrosis wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:12:
Simply because it should not be repealed.
I wouldn't go that far, there is nothing simple about the issue.

13. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 17:03 Mr. Tact

Bodolza wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:59:
If people realize that the 2nd Amendment is already moot, there's a chance it could get repealed.
I'd say there is basically 0% chance of that happening any time soon. Certainly not in my lifetime.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 16:55 Mr. Tact

While I would agree somewhat that the Ds are seemingly not doing a good job of capitalizing on Trump's idiocy, it is tempered by knowing Trump voters simply don't care. There was a poll not long ago where 51% of the GOP polled agreed that the media was an enemy of the state. There was another where a majority of the GOP (don't recall the actual number) agreed it would be a good idea to delay the 2020 presidential election.

There is only one thing the Ds can actually do to end the current situation -- show up in droves in November. If they do, some semblance of sanity might return. If they don't, I might get to see the US tumble into a failed democracy before I die...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2018, 11:38 Mr. Tact

One of the weirdest things I saw out of the 2008 financial crisis was CBS stock. Like everything it dropped significantly, ultimately to under $4 a share. I remember seeing it and thinking, "that's never coming back". Wrong. Don't have the exact number but it went up to about $80 a share. It's back down a bit now, but how in the world CBS recovered is beyond my understanding.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 11:01 Mr. Tact

Several lines occur to me involving Ivanka and the word "slam" and its' multiple variations -- but I'm just going to take a pass...  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2018, 18:53 Mr. Tact

A, B, C ya'!  

7197 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo