Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6072 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
19. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 12:26 Mr. Tact

I've never considered buying a loot box in any game. Just sayin'...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2017, 10:02 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 02:27:
I think that 120 in a Porsche feels a lot different than 120 in a Camry. That's why I'm wondering what she was driving. It was not to explain away her misdeed, just pure curiosity.
Yes and no. You're right it would be easier to get to 120 mph in a Porsche than in a Camry and in comparison it would almost feel effortless in the Porsche. But speed is speed, and when the ground starts moving past you at over 80 mph you'd have to be significantly inattentive to not notice. Unless you were driving across the Bonneville Salt Flats or something...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
17. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2017, 08:22 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 07:42:
Well then i have met a lot of idiots that didn't pay attention because they said they voted for white supremacist tRumpf simply because they could not stand President Hillary Rodham Clinton. I bet the number is larger than you think.
Actually, I think there are a LOT of idiots in the general population, probably more than 62 million. It is a major problem everywhere. People too focused on themselves instead of what is going on around them, let alone what is going on around the world,

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2017, 01:02 Mr. Tact

So, you are claiming you judge your speed by the sound of the engine? I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. I've owned powerful cars, including a five liter v8 Ford Mustang I once drove 145 mph. That car had a huge 5th gear -- 80 mph was only 2,000 rpm.

And the only way you reach speeds over 80 mph is one of three things: 1) You do it on purpose. 2) You are not paying attention. 3) The throttle or gas pedal gets "stuck".

47. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 22:19 Mr. Tact

You forgot to tell us the Sun isn't going to turn into a red giant and that the Earth is flat. Come on, put some effort into it!  

12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 10:04 Mr. Tact

Listen, sure -- I lean left, but I'm not saying Ds are saints or even always right. They do some really stupid shit too. However, while the choice between HRC and Trump was terrible to have to make, ultimately it was an easy decision which 62 million people failed to make correctly.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2017, 14:05.

11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 09:56 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 09:41:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 22:46:
Oh, and if you still don't understand why they would do that... think about it... 62 million people voted for Donald J. Trump, why the hell would they do THAT?
Not true, 30 million of those voted against President Hillary Rodham Clinton.
While I understand the concept, I don't think it is accurate to apply it in this case. Even if you think/thought HRC was a terrible candidate, which actually I would agree she was, for anyone caring to actually pay attention the choice of Trump was clearly worse. Consequently, I refuse to give relief of guilt to any Trump voter due to a claim of, "I was voting against Clinton." The only reason to vote for Trump is because you were not paying attention, or you are an idiot, or both.

7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 22:46 Mr. Tact

Oh, and if you still don't understand why they would do that... think about it... 62 million people voted for Donald J. Trump, why the hell would they do THAT?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 19, 2017, 22:43 Mr. Tact

Glad he enjoyed it, I still have no interest in attending.  

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 22:39 Mr. Tact

I'd assume they are just small, well paid, think tanks which figure out what needs to be done, then outsources/contracts media companies to produce the ads/commercials.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2017, 17:42 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I would assume the worse for the sub crew. Read somewhere their regulations say if they are out of communications for X amount of time (which has passed long ago) they are required to surface until they make contact. Since no one has spotted them on the surface...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2017, 17:21 Mr. Tact

Amazing he lasted as long as he did...  

43. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 23:37 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 23:24:
Politics isn't real.
If only this were true. Unfortunately politics are very real, and they have real effects on real people. As a specific example my ability to get health care is at risk due to politics.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 14:27 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 08:24:
shush, don't feed

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 12:45 Mr. Tact

As expected Trump bad mouthed Franken while staying silent on Moore (and himself). I am shocked. SHOCKED!  

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Announced
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 10:00 Mr. Tact

DrSquick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 09:46:
I know I've personally bought the ten stash bundle because I like to horde everything!
Buying a single stash bundle (ten tabs) in this game is not an indication of hording. When you get close to 100 tabs, let us know.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 08:29 Mr. Tact

I had not heard about the Roger Stone tweet, if accurate it does raise some questions. Yeah, I was annoyed by the WaPo's description of the photo. He is not actually grabbing her breasts, although even pretending to is out of line. Glad to hear she has accepted his apology.  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 08:21 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 04:28:
See. Absolutely no peep out me about your political discussions.
We'll see that you get a nomination for sainthood (or whatever).

/end sarcasm

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Announced
2. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Nov 16, 2017, 21:28 Mr. Tact

Yeah -- I've had two runs through it. Pre 3.0 and post 3.0, probably have 1,000 hours or so into it. I suspect this will be enough for me to take a third run.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 16:46 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 15:42:
Did anyone else hear about NFL commish Roger Goodell's contract negotiations? $50M a year and lifetime use of a private jet.
They had already paid him over $40m in 2012, although it was down under $40m in 2013 & 2014. Unfortunately, since the NFL offices gave up their "non-profit" status, we won't be getting that information any longer, unless they release it. However, even with that information I have a hard time figuring out if Goodell is an idiot for not sitting quietly while he is making $30m or if he is a genius for thinking, "Hell, if they paid me $40m before why wouldn't they pay me $50m now?" Either way he definitely has some serious balls....

6072 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo