Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5156 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 17, 2017, 23:36 Mr. Tact

No. Anyone who played solitaire instead of working, would have been wasting time in some other way if it hadn't existed.

My thought upon reading the article, was how he could have been a millionaire for writing a single program, but wasn't. Hopefully, he was at Microsoft early enough that he got some stock options which he profited heavily on...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 17, 2017, 23:28 Mr. Tact

I assume Tencent will kick butt in China and have a much smaller impact in the US and Europe. But over time they might/could be an actual competitor...  

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
49. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 17, 2017, 22:41 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 14:15:
George RR Martin will finish his books before Chris Roberts ever finishes his game.
Okay -- now that is an interesting race. I'm not sure which I would bet on...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 17, 2017, 22:38 Mr. Tact

More likely than a "screw up" is Microsoft is purposely obscuring what they are doing...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2017, 22:14 Mr. Tact

Best bumper sticker I've seen recently, an oval with the number 0.0 in it.

If you don't get that -- there are oval bumper stickers with 13.1, 26.2, and 39.3 in them, this represents the number of miles in a half, full, and 1.5 (or whatever they call it) marathon -- presumably indicating completing such a jaunt.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2017, 12:41 Mr. Tact

Yeah, Spring is off to a later than normal start here in the Midwest US. Haven't even taken the HVAC off "Heat" yet... probably soon though -- maybe this week.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2017, 09:25 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 23:52:
Of course not. There were 78 cases in 2016 of white people being brutalized by airport police when they refused to disembark on command: broken noses, broken fingers, 2nd degree carpet burns, black eyes, etc. Did you read about any of them? Of course not. Because the Liebral media didn't deem them newsworthy. Try to Google these stories. Nothing comes up, right? That's because there's a media conspiracy to suppress these stories. The only reason I know of them is because my uncle is a higher up in the TSA where they track these stats, although they can't make them public. For security reasons.
Far more likely is there isn't video of the other "78 cases in 2016". And for the record, no matter what the subject, when someone says "XYZ happened, but you can't find out about it" always raises severe doubt. I have no doubt there have been multiple forced disembarks by multiple carriers. What made this news was not the passenger's race, but the video and the excessive nature of force used.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta
25. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 15, 2017, 09:17 Mr. Tact

I was directing my comment to the completion of the game, not the time it takes to get there.  

23. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2017, 19:38 Mr. Tact

LiTh wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 19:11:
Getting level 40 in poe is like just finishing act 2 in D3.
Well, in fairness, it's probably about like getting to Act 2 in Nightmare, but yeah...

21. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 14, 2017, 12:59 Mr. Tact

D3 has plenty of grind for the paragon levels and top gear...

Clearly there is a grey area somewhere between overly easy to become powerful and way too difficult to become powerful -- and there is no "right" answer. Some of the people who really like PoE would tell you D3 is way too easy. Conversely, there are people who really like D3 who would say PoE is way too hard. Neither is right or wrong, it is simply a matter of personal preference. There is also a grey area in game play between too complicated and too easy -- with similar D3 / PoE comparisons.

For me, I like them both for different reasons... *shrug*

19. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 14, 2017, 09:42 Mr. Tact

I get you not buying it overall -- my first try I only made it to level 39. But I'm a bit surprised you are so totally dismissive of it. On my first try it was more of a realization the game was going to require a reasonable time investment -- and I wasn't up for it then. But it grabbed me pretty well immediately -- I liked it enough I bought some stash tabs just to give them some money.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2017, 21:49 Mr. Tact

Law Enforcement Officer?  

17. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 13, 2017, 17:16 Mr. Tact

Yeah, level 48 isn't even really the main part of the game. You probably didn't even get an Ascendancy class.. Basically, for better or for worse, PoE is not designed for casual gaming.  

News Comments > Into the Black
51. Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2017, 17:11 Mr. Tact

Was just thinking this clown of a CEO will probably make more money this year than I did in my entire working career. Looked it up -- in 2015 he was paid $600k in salary and $6m in stock options. Must be nice...  

15. Re: On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks Apr 13, 2017, 13:11 Mr. Tact

descender wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 12:28:
I get that the customization is a feature, but again it's a tedious feature that takes dozens of hours to even find out if it was worth the trouble.
The worst thing is it wouldn't be too tedious if they'd just make it a bit easier to get passive skill refund points. That's the real problem...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2017, 10:26 Mr. Tact

I'm guessing Overwatch.  

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 22:56 Mr. Tact

LiTh wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 16:17:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 16:07:
Path of exile is about to release 6 new acts.

Diablo 3 is releasing a rehashed class.

Path of exile is free.

Diablo 3 is still overpriced.
Love me some PoE, it truely is the successor to Diablo2.
They are similar games directed at different audiences. When D3 did their big update (was it the expansion?) I finally gave in and started playing it. And I spent several hundred hours in it at least, probably more. PoE, I initially tried shortly after it came out but gave up before even finishing Cruel and went back to D3.

However, I recently restarted PoE and I'm enjoying it for the most part now. Although I think the ability to respec passive points is a little too restrictive, but whatever. There is a lot to like about it, but I can understand someone not wanting to invest the time it takes to learn the ins and outs that make the game really playable. Things like learning to setup a loot filter and using third party semi-official websites for trading. It takes a bigger commitment to get the full experience.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2017, 22:41 Mr. Tact

Yeah. I found the Subaru one on YouTube -- which is similar. The dog getting in the car as a pup, then as an adult, then as an old dog...  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2017, 19:31 Mr. Tact

Dacote wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 18:32:
I can't find the dog food commercial that shows a dog growing up but it brings me to tears ...
A Subaru commercial I think? Try searching on that...

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2017, 17:37 Mr. Tact

Heard of doggy diapers, have/had no idea how common their use is. However, it seems like more than enough reason to bypass dog ownership, despite the fact I like dogs.  

5156 Comments. 258 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo