Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5665 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
63. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 15, 2017, 00:15 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 23:58:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 20:40:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 14:38:
Imagine this. You being a money person, Steven Spielberg came to you and pitched a movie about horses during World War 2. Given his history with this genre, you jump at the chance. Then you see "Warhorse, " and you regret the decision. Star Citizen is Chris Roberts' "Warhorse."
Haha! Nice analogy Kx.

Hey, at least Spielberg finished Warhorse.
Yeah, but we wish he hadn't...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

59. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 20:43 Mr. Tact

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:58:
The page refresh video is reasonably convincing, still could be faked though.
I guess I was correct to be skeptical. What a shock.

58. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 20:40 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 14:38:
Imagine this. You being a money person, Steven Spielberg came to you and pitched a movie about horses during World War 2. Given his history with this genre, you jump at the chance. Then you see "Warhorse, " and you regret the decision. Star Citizen is Chris Roberts' "Warhorse."
Haha! Nice analogy Kx.

News Comments > BlizzCon Virtual Tickets
7. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 14, 2017, 13:25 Mr. Tact

Excellent point Jacoby...  

20. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 11:58 Mr. Tact

The page refresh video is reasonably convincing, still could be faked though. It is just another piece of straw on the camel's back, albeit a somewhat amusing one...  

News Comments > BlizzCon Virtual Tickets
2. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 13, 2017, 22:52 Mr. Tact

*meh* Compared to $1,500 SC ships, pocket change.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2017, 22:14 Mr. Tact

Ah, yes. The Graham plan is a repeal of ACA which allows a simple majority vote in the Senate for some obscure reason I haven't bothered to learn about. However, that option has an end of September deadline. So, in the next 2.5 weeks, look for another ACA repeal vote requiring 3 GOP votes in the Senate to stop it...  

49. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2017, 20:28 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 05:37:
Bernie is introducing "Medicare for All" on Wednesday.
Yep, and Lindsay Graham and friends have introduced their new "we have to save the country from going bankrupt" ACA replacement. The big question being, can Graham get his bill around the filibuster rule through some arcane procedure like they did with the last repel attempt. If they can, it might be trouble. If the can't, I assume it is DOA.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2017, 20:18 Mr. Tact

I'd heard the high recidivism percentage before, but didn't know it was incorrect. In my defense, I've never really looked at the issue, if I had, I assume I would have found out. Pure ignorance. On the plus side I'm reasonably certain I never quoted the high percentage, precisely because I had never looked at the issue.

When you hear things like that, it makes you wonder how many things you've heard, but never personally investigated are simply wrong. Probably an uncomfortable portion of them...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2017, 18:34 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 15:43:
Hunter gathers did a lot of sitting. We've evolved as sitters so I don't think it's really that. Again it almost comes back to diet - sugar and salt specifically.
I don't know how much sitting they did, but they did A LOT of running -- that's pretty clear. In some cases we most likely ran game to death, literally. Our superior body cooling mechanism (sweating) is something many furry animals can't do. So, while they can out sprint us easily, we just kept at it, keep making them sprint, and after awhile they can't sprint because they are over heated. There is a good reason humans are capable of running marathons...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2017, 20:33 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 19:55:
Anyone heard anything from Riggs? https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelRigs
Guessing his phone ran out of charge...

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
26. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 20:29 Mr. Tact

Is it just me, or does that announcement sound like a company that's been working on a game for about a year? ie.. not as long as these guys have...  

20. * Sep 11, 2017, 02:16 Mr. Tact

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 00:59:
He's also staffed his cabinet with Goldman Sachs execs, and practically everyone he appoints has no relevant experience for the position, or has major conflicts of interest.
That's giving him way too much credit. Many of his appointments have been people who directly opposed the agencies they have now been put in charge of or simply have literally no relevant experience..

Scott Pruitt sued the EPA multiple times, opposing regulations they either had or wanted to put in place. He is now the Administrator.

Rick Perry said as a presidential candidate he would eliminate the Energy Department. Now he is in charge of it.

Betsy DeVos' main experience prior to be coming Education secretary was giving her families money to member of the GOP. She famously said, "My family is the largest single contributor of soft money to the national Republican Party. I have decided to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence. Now I simply concede the point. They are right." She is totally unsuited for the job.

And it goes on and on like that...

Ben Carson, HUD.

Jeff Sessions, Attorney General (couldn't get a Senate confirmation to become a judge, rightly so).

Steve Mnuchin, Sec. of the Treasury. A banker who was hip deep in the mortgage crisis and one of the worst when it came to forced foreclosures...

If it wasn't so sad and damning it would be funny.

18. Re: Let me ask this... Sep 10, 2017, 23:54 Mr. Tact

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 16:21:
I didn't vote Trump, and didn't want to vote Hillary but I did. She lost, and being open minded I figured "ok let's give him a shot and see what happens, maybe he'll bring something new and different to the table". How I wish I was wrong on the 'new and different' part.

So please I'd like to know (please hold your political bashing for another thread) if ya did vote for him, how you think things are going for the country as a whole, and not just your political views/side.
Yep, there was no good choice really. So, I like you held my nose and voted for HRC. I heard someone say recently, "The Democrats ran the only candidate who could lose to any Republican. The Republicans ran the only candidate which could lose to HRC." Unfortunately, the Republican candidate was not an "established politician". The result was the "protest vote" was enough to carry the day in a polarized public in which, 40% are always going to vote for the D and 40% are always going to vote for the R.

80% of the people who voted for Trump are giving him good marks overall. Their spin would go something like this: "Yeah, he has had some gaffs -- but he is fighting against the establishment politicians and at least is trying to do the things he said he would do."

Which, in part, is true. He is trying to kick out the illegals, he is trying to get his wall built, and he is fighting the established politicians. He has removed some regulations. He pulled out of the Paris climate accords. All of those are big pluses for most Trump voters. However, he also said he would give us better, cheaper health care. He said he wouldn't cut Medicaid or Medicare. He's failed to do the former and attempted to do the latter. He is also seemingly doing his best to start a war with North Korea. Plus a dozen other things I don't have at my fingertips an hour past my normal bed time.

TLDR: Most Trump voters are satisfied with what they have gotten so far, even if they are irked by Trump's behavior.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 23:20 Mr. Tact

Holy ocean bottoms, Batman!

I actually have a hard time believing that is real.... could it be fake?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 17:24 Mr. Tact

@MichaelRigs Aug 12

@Dinnerbone Could we possibly get some love for the weather/cloud buffs? Multiple cloud layers and billowing clouds from late day heating?

D'OH! (yes, I know you were talking about Minecraft)

45. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 16:13 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 16:06:
Single payer can't come soon enough.
I'd be shocked if we see it within my lifetime.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 14:25 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 13:56:
On the other hand, here's an image of Andrew super imposed with Irma. Unbelievable.

Somewhat ironically that nuke plant is one of the safest places to be during a hurricane. Nothing is getting through six feet of reinforced concrete.
Okay, that is an amazing comparison. Simply wow.

The Regional Data Center on Gunter AFB in Montgomery, AL would probably be just as safe if it was in Florida. Not 100% certain what the original purpose of the building was, but I was there when Andrew hit, and the consensus at the time was a direct hit on the building by Andrew would probably have severed external power, but there would be no other impact to the building. Supposedly, the building was built to withstand anything short a nuclear blast or a direct bomb hit.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 01:13 Mr. Tact

There are storms that can destroy reinforced concrete buildings, I saw it on The Day After Tomorrow so it must be true!  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 21:28 Mr. Tact

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 18:33:
Just a heads up, avoid tramadol for pain relief if they offer it. It's considered one of the hardest pain killers to get off of, and the withdrawal symptoms are among the worst. One of the guys at the pain clinic was on it for nearly a decade. Even using the "15% reduction per week" he said it was like constantly having the flu. At one point the withdrawal had him up for 90hrs straight, and he couldn't sleep at all. Had to goto the hospital to be sedated.

I've been on them for about 8years, if you're "at the same dose" all the time you don't notice it, but the second you miss it, it feels like you're coming down with a cold. You just feel shitty and it goes downhill from there. It feels like you're coming down with a cold or flu, nausea waves, headaches, just plain shit. Even people who've only used it for a month find the withdrawal very hard.
You say be careful to avoid them but you've been on them for eight years? Not trying to contradict anything you said, just sounded strange. If you been on a serious pain killer for 8 years I assume you have a serious pain issue, sorry to hear that.

5665 Comments. 284 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo