Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 7738 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 13, 2018, 08:56 Mr. Tact

Actually, those idiots are just sitting at their computers, or on their phones, repeatedly trying to log onto Facebook during the entire outage...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 21:46 Mr. Tact

Ah, ever the quick wit -- how could I ever defeat you?  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 21:43 Mr. Tact

bigspender wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 21:24:
Your sister must be following some kind of fitness plan that advocates for high protein? Otherwise she should have no issues getting the 43g of protein as the W.H.O. recommends, which is easily met because by eating any food at all - because all food has a full protein profile.

I just wanted to share that, because it blew my mind after being hit with advertising selling high protein this and that for most of my life. Then I look up cronometer and even an apple has plenty of protein, and the whole grain pasta rivals the protein content of the mince!

Take care
She does exercise on a regular basis, but not under any specific program suggesting or requiring an unusual protein intake. I'm certain she is aware of the recommended amount of daily protein intake and how much of it she is consuming. She does weight training, yoga, and cardio (she used to run, but no longer does due to various issues).

You underestimate her pickiness. When she visits, the restaurant choices are limited. But additionally, she has digestive problems. Her stomach does not digest at the rate it should -- her digestion rate has been medically tested. She has had her gall bladder removed and had issues with her pancreas. Despite all this, she is the fittest person I know. People often call her skinny but as she likes to retort, she is the proper weight for her height.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 12, 2018, 21:13 Mr. Tact

Apple is acting like a dick towards their customers? I am shocked. SHOCKED!  

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2018, 21:00 Mr. Tact

It continues to amaze me how many people who use computers on a daily basis either for work or home use and yet know almost nothing about them. It is a pretty good explanation of why game consoles are so popular.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 19:47 Mr. Tact

It is Cutter.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 12, 2018, 19:36 Mr. Tact

I've been using credit cards since the late 80s. Currently I buy most things with them. Yet I have never had an issue with my card number being stolen, or fraudulent charges appearing on my accounts. What is everyone doing that I'm not which is causing problems?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2018, 19:32 Mr. Tact

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I do not understand why any person still has their money in a Wells Fargo bank.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 19:18 Mr. Tact

Don't get me wrong. I'm not one those people who doesn't eat vegetables. There are plenty of vegetables I like and eat. But I have no interest in giving up meat. One of my sisters is a bit of a nutrition nut and rarely eats meat but has issues with getting enough protein because she is a picky eater doesn't like the non-meat protein foods.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2018, 19:46.

9. Re: Crazy in love? The Japanese man 'married' to a hologram. Nov 12, 2018, 14:07 Mr. Tact

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 13:49:
I doubt anyone has answers to these questions (except for the last one) but to me this whole "story" is more sad than funny
*meh* Depends on how much the guy is actually deluded and thinks of it as a real marriage and how much he is just doing in order to get his 15 minutes of fame.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 12:30 Mr. Tact

Well, people are working on a possible solution.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 12:17 Mr. Tact

So, sand is the new cocaine?  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 11:09 Mr. Tact

Do you mean an actual cliff's notes or the three short paragraphs describing the book on that Amazon page? I know I won't be switching to a vegetarian diet, let alone a vegan one. I'd rather eat steak and pork chops occasionally and die at 60 than eat vegetables only and live to 90.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 09:33 Mr. Tact

Watched the trailer. I eat less meat than I used to, but I'll venture a guess I'm not interested in reducing it as much as that movie is likely to suggest. If weight wasn't an issue, I'd probably have a nice steak every other night or so. Am I on the road to diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and all the other modern maladies? Probably. Haven't gotten there yet, but it wouldn't shock if I did get there. That's fine. I don't want to die, but I'm not concerned if I do.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 09:11 Mr. Tact

bigspender wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 00:51:
You should really consider rebalancing your diet. Watch the documentary on Netflix called Forks Over Knives.

Think of your body as a car. If your wheels need a re-alignment, then you re-align them. Because we know to address the cause, instead of the symptom (which is what multi-vitamins do). And like-wise just because you've been driving for ages with unbalanced wheels, doesn't mean that they aren't getting worn out faster than they should.

There's no reason you can't live another 56 years with a bit of luck and a healthy diet. And the last 20 years of your life won't be filled with chronic diseases. Good luck bro

I would do what they recommend, try it for a few weeks and see how you feel. Take it for a test drive ;-)
Thanks for the positive thoughts, but it is highly unlikely anyone will live to 112. I might check out the show for kicks and giggles but I know I am too lazy and set in my ways to change. And frankly, even if I could live another 56 years, I'm not sure I would want to. Unless those medical nanobots show up and I can have the body of a 25 year old no matter my age.

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
34. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 22:39 Mr. Tact

Slashman wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 22:17:
There is a reason studios sell out to big name publishers.

Houses are safer under their umbrella.
Tell that to Bungie, Access, and whomever else is not immediately coming to mind...

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
31. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 21:45 Mr. Tact

I simply hope everyone who worked at Obsidian and inXile got a good payday out of this. Because the odds are 80% of them will be gone within the next 1-2 years. Either they will quit, wanting out from under the MS yoke, or they will get laid off. If either of them have mostly done titles in the pipeline, they will probably get finished. After that, don't expect to see anything worthwhile from them ever again.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 21:38 Mr. Tact

I probably should take some kind of multi-vitamin since my diet is generally not well balanced. Especially for vitamin D which, since I've stopped drinking milk on a regular basis, I'm most likely not getting enough of it.

But being a curmudgeon I am a stubborn bastard and since I've lived 56 years without taking them, I figure I can make it the rest of the way without them. I'm not saying it is a good idea, just saying that is what I'm gonna do.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 10:05 Mr. Tact

I'm pretty sure it is just a strain, the pain goes away after a small amount of walking. I only get pain on initial movement after inactivity.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 11, 2018, 09:39 Mr. Tact

So do the XS, XS Max, and XR not experience the problem? Or is Apple only offering to fix 1 of 4 models?  

7738 Comments. 387 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo