Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4467 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
11. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 23:47 Mr. Tact

Well... when you consider how long it takes to level to 70... even for an amateur like me, probably not.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
86. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 23:46 Mr. Tact

Yeah, it is certainly a check box for some employers along with certain certifications like from Cisco. Personally, the only thing I think a bachelor's degree proves is that you are willing to put up with shit to obtain a goal. But my opinion may be colored by the fact I could never put up with it..  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 22:37 Mr. Tact

*blort* Was half awake this morning when I first opened my Gmail and got burned by their stupid April's Fool's joke. No real damage just made me want to go burn down their offices.  

84. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 22:30 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 12:55:
IT work historically takes post-secondary education. The people that have put the time and money into (read: an investment) that education expect to it to pay off. Literally.
Yes and no. Certainly I've known people making good money in the IT industry who didn't go to college at all. And others who went to college, but didn't study anything technical. I know two guys with BAs in Psychology, and another with Honors degrees in English, the Classics, and Rhetoric -- all of them now have high level IT jobs.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2016, 19:37 Mr. Tact

Julio wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 17:47:
SlimRam wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 16:53:
William Shatner hit with $170 million paternity lawsuit.

I guess Billy couldn't keep it in his pants in space or in Canada?

Seems like way too much cash if it's even true. A kid isn't cheap to raise, but not $170 million.
Normally, no. But if Shatner is his biological father, the continued denials will hurt Shatner in the end. "The cover-up is always worse than the issue."

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2016, 11:03 Mr. Tact

I do eat thick pizza with a fork on occasion. But thin? Yeah, you eat thin with your hands.  

61. Re: Out of the BlueBiggest CSGO Case Opening Ever. Mar 29, 2016, 21:12 Mr. Tact

Uh, what do expect from spending $50 on gun skins?

"Stupid is as stupid does."

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 08:38 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 10:31:
That bouncy castle story was fucked up.
So much for improvements in tie-downs since a similar incident last year which ended only injuries.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 14:40 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I don't know how complicated a rhythm Henley and Collins can do while singing -- but just the idea of singing and drumming at the same time seems to me like orders of magnitude above patting your head and rubbing your stomach...  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 13:47 Mr. Tact

Anyone who practiced drums for an hour is a better drummer than me. Always been intrigued with drummers who can also sing simultaneously -- for instance like Don Henley and Phil Collins off the top of my head.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2016, 19:07 Mr. Tact

Apologies for resurrecting this topic, but I just bought Factoria the other day and the review here was on an early alpha in Feb 2015 and really doesn't do the game justice. The game seems to have progressed significantly, if you are a sandbox / open world kind of gamer, this is well worth $20. For a better review check out this intro / first episode of a Let's play from Nov 2015 from one of my favorite Let's Players:

Zisteau plays Factorio

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 18:44 Mr. Tact

I was just trying to figure out how I ended up back on http... thanks.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 24, 2016, 18:43 Mr. Tact

Factorio seems to be well worth the $20. Glad I got it. Be interesting to see how good the replay value is. Right now I'm really just learning how to make/do things well...

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2016, 18:56.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 18:30 Mr. Tact

Only a one year certificate? No bonus for mulit-year, eh?  

14. Re: Tiny Rube Goldberg Machine Mar 21, 2016, 21:09 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 20:34:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 15:08:
Eh, was kind of neat, but I don't think it qualifies to be called that when they're manually intervening in the process multiple times.

It looked like all the interventions were intentionally added for "preciousness," highlighting how small everything is. I think it could have run fine by itself if they so chose.
Perhaps, but their intrusion by definition prevents it from being a proper Rube Goldberg machine.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2016, 21:37.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2016, 11:25 Mr. Tact

It seems to be lagging here (central Illinois)... high temps only in the upper 50s...  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2016, 15:49 Mr. Tact

24 of 32 in the first round.. not bad.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 11:34 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 17:24:
Blue wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 10:42:
I am aware that ad issues are driving some into the arms of ad blockers, and when malware enters the picture that is a sensible way to protect yourself. We never have worked out a subscription system here, so one thing that some have proposed that may be worthy of consideration would be to start a Patreon account to allow readers who are using adblockers a way to support the site if they want to.

How much are you getting off the Amazon links, Blue? Is it any kind of decent scratch, or did my $500 PS4 plus games purchase get you like 5 cents? (edit, sorry, nin already asked that.)

I will keep buying all my Amazon stuff through your link, but if you want to go the Patreon route, that's certainly understandable.

I'd be interested to know the answer to this too. I try to remember to use the Blues link when buying from Amazon, but often when I want something from Amazon I simply type in the link since "am" is usually all it takes for the browser to resolve to their site. And usually when the thought comes of "I'll order that from Amazon" Blues and gaming isn't normally something I'm thinking about.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 11:23 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:18:
Have any of you had cataract surgery? I recently had the surgery performed on my right eye. I can see much clearer now, but there is a side-effect. At night, when it's completely dark, I can see double lights - two layers of moon, double street lights, etc. Is this a normal condition or did something get botched?
Hmm, my mother had the surgery many years ago. What you are saying has a ring of familiarity, but I am not certain. Obviously the best thing to do is ask -- possibly even someone other than the surgeon.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 11:10 Mr. Tact

Look on the bright side, sauron. It could be worse, you could be a Sixers fan...  

4467 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo