Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 6941 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2018, 11:12 Mr. Tact

gilly775 wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 09:04:
$8,008.10, but I know that at least 1/4 to a half were free or humble bundle packages.
Eh? Are you saying your total could/should be more because you were buying deals or that the figure is some kind of total of MSRPs and not actual money spent?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2018, 11:06 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 00:10:
Human politics religion is a facade. Tricks disguised as illusions into making people believe they will personally benefit if they support a person or a particular political religious organization. When it comes to politics religion, people are rubes. Their imperfection coupled with innate selfish desires are thoroughly incapable of helping anyone.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jun 18, 2018, 22:34 Mr. Tact

I am wimpy -- $636.28.

I don't remember, was Steam required for HL? Or did that happen with HL2? Whichever it was, that's when I got Steam. But it wasn't until many years afterward that I used Steam for anything else.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 18, 2018, 20:07 Mr. Tact

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 19:50:
Also, I dont know a single Christian who is politically neutral.
If they were, Trump might not be president. (was going to say, wouldn't be, but I don't feel like looking up the numbers...)

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2018, 15:44 Mr. Tact

$16 does seem incredibly cheap for 90 minutes of their time, water, soap and shampoo. Do they also sell all the standard pet products? Food, toys, etc.. If so, they might be using the bathing station as a loss leader to get you in the store.  

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
24. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 15:39 Mr. Tact

I'm not sure addiction implies you are doing something you don't enjoy. It is more of an issue of you engaging the activity so much it causes damage to some other portion of your life. And/or a compulsion to continue engaging in the activity despite the damage caused.

As for gaming being an addiction. Anything can be an addiction. It is not gaming that's the problem. The person has a compulsive/obsessive problem which is focused on gaming.

10. Re: Nuclear Power Won’t Survive Without A Government Handout Jun 17, 2018, 22:47 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 21:24:
I'm a fluoride thorium man, myself.
Or that, or any other reasonable alternative to current systems. Instead of spending money keeping the current plants running, the money should be used for development of these other safer systems.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2018, 21:05 Mr. Tact

Even if IQ scores are collectively going down, which I wasn't convinced of with the study given. It is a more complicated problem than that. Everyone is so specialized. The modern world isn't "easy". Think about a simple #2 lead pencil. Sells for pennies. Could you make one?

At several levels the modern world is a house of cards. Critical industries reliant on other critical industries, sometimes only found on the other side of the world. I'm not saying a collapse will definitely happen any time soon. But if one did happen, I wouldn't be shocked.

2. Re: Nuclear Power Won’t Survive Without A Government Handout Jun 17, 2018, 15:56 Mr. Tact

If we could get Pebble-bed reactors running and scalable, or something similar -- that would help. But yeah, the kind of systems we have now should just go away as they reach the end of their lifespans...  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2018, 23:13 Mr. Tact

Soccer / World Cup question:

Player A gets a yellow card in his team's first match. Player A gets a yellow card in his team's second match. He is now suspended for the next match. Late in the second game he gets a third yellow card. He is removed from the game for getting two yellows in the same game. My question -- is he now only one yellow card from a second suspension? I would assume so, but just wanted to verify.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 5
21. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 5 Jun 16, 2018, 23:05 Mr. Tact

Satisfactory might be a day one purchase. But we need a little more information to be sure. The initial look is good, now they need to follow-thru...  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
3. Re: urday Patches Jun 16, 2018, 22:09 Mr. Tact

My favorite day of the week, "urday".  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2018, 16:06 Mr. Tact

Yeah Cutter, I mentioned that to you the other day:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 17:00:
Pretty sure the US has you pounded in this category for pharmaceuticals. I mean people were loading up on bus trips to Canada to buy their drugs (and still are for all I know). I would imagine we have you beat in other categories too, but I don't know what they are off the top of my head. That said, given my reasonably high quality economic situation, in comparison to most of the world, I'm not going to complain about it too much...

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2018, 08:20 Mr. Tact

I thought Solo was pretty *meh*. Not great, not terrible, but not really a lot there to cheer about. I think possibly the writers were constrained by fitting things into the known ST universe. But whatever their excuse, the writers won't win any awards..  

News Comments > Bus Simulator 18 Rolls Out
6. Re: Bus Simulator 18 Rolls Out Jun 15, 2018, 13:29 Mr. Tact

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 10:17:
Why would anyone want to play this?
Different strokes for different folks. Whatever floats your boat.

I've been watching competitive cycling on television since 1985. Which as a resident of the US makes me pretty unusual. But I'll be damned if I have any idea why anyone would want to play the Cycling Manager game put out every year...

News Comments > Black Ops 4 Season Pass Controversy
16. Re: Black Ops 4 Season Pass Controversy Jun 14, 2018, 23:29 Mr. Tact

Have I mentioned recently how I played COD and COD2 thought they ere both awesome and haven't touched the rest of the series? Liking that decision more and more as time goes on...  

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
50. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 18:10 Mr. Tact

Late to the topic... can I assume the response to this announcement is as repetitive as the announcement itself?

As I'm sure someone has said, what MS needs to do is stop talking, and start walking. Make a great game and gamers will beat a path to your door. Or more to the point, STFU.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2018, 17:43 Mr. Tact

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 17:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 13:52:
New theme park ride induces vomiting by independently spinning on three different axes.
Sounds like fun.
This ride would make me toss my cookies for sure...
As long as I hadn't eaten recently (within the last hour or so) I'm pretty sure I would not throw up. I suspect closing your eyes would probably help significantly if you were having problems...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2018, 08:13 Mr. Tact

Yeah, FIFA is worried about it too. With only two games they are concerned about an increase in mutual draws -- ie... in their second games two teams playing each other could know if they draw, they both advance. This already happens sometimes when the teams play three games. They haven't set anything in stone yet, but are considering settling groups ties with shoot outs.  

14. Re: 2026 World Cup Jun 13, 2018, 23:46 Mr. Tact

1badmf wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 23:31:
i would hope canadia and mejico get bids too since they're expanding the field from 64 to 80 teams anyway.
They are expanding the field in 2026, but it is from 32 to 48. The current plan is to have 16 three team groups, with each team only playing two games in the group round -- instead of the normal three. Two teams advance to a 32 team knockout round.

6941 Comments. 348 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo