Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 7604 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2018, 11:49 Mr. Tact

Am I supposed to have heard of ProSiebenSat.1 before?

Seems like an odd move, but whatever Twitter.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
10. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 29, 2018, 11:46 Mr. Tact

So, go on and create your own platform for your nonsense. No one is stopping you, get to it. Chop chop!  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
11. Re: Worst Windows 10 version ever Oct 29, 2018, 11:43 Mr. Tact

This is not news, Win10 has been the worst version pretty much since the initial release...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2018, 11:41 Mr. Tact

Err, since anyone who would care would know one of the teams was up 3-1 your spoiler coverage is severely lacking.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 28, 2018, 23:08 Mr. Tact

Just remember, economics is not a science.

I've never seen an economics issue that didn't have Nobel prize winning economists on both side of the argument. They can't even agree if the Big Deal helped end the Depression or extended it. Which considering it was 50+ years ago, you might think could be settled one way or the other.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2018, 23:02 Mr. Tact

Damn, looks I'm going to lose my bet on Minnesota in our pick 'em league. Changed my pick at the last minute. Oh well....  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2018, 22:58 Mr. Tact

Did the EFF to stand up for that guy? If so, you'd think they could find better cases to spend their time on.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 28, 2018, 21:11 Mr. Tact

Kajetan wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 17:52:
What i dont get as a bystander ... this american obsession with Russia. Do you really want to have the Cold War back? The GOP does not need Russia to manipulate the elections.
We are obsessed because they are doing their best to meddle in our elections. Some believe they had "enough" influence to effect the outcome in 2016.

This is all exacerbated by the fact the GOP seems to want to ignore this. They want to ignore it because of their complete loyalty to Trump. Trump likes dictators because he is some where between, thinking he is one, and wanting to be one. If Trump were to reverse himself and start attacking the Russians for all these "alleged" actions, the GOP would be right behind him doing the same thing. Remember, you can't think of it in terms of a policy. There is no policy.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2018, 20:10 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 19:48:
Brings it out and fumbles it with 2 minutes left? Are you fucking kidding me? Sigh.
Worse, Gurley could have scored and doesn't -- stops on the 3. If I lose in my fantasy league by less than I would have gotten for that TD, I will not be happy.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2018, 20:06 Mr. Tact

Woof! IBM buying Red Hat for $34B.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2018, 14:21 Mr. Tact

I occasionally buy lottery tickets, especially when the jackpots swell like this. But I have plenty of disposable cash to waste. The problem of course is the number of people who have no disposable cash spending large amounts on it. I don't think there a solution to that problem, and the lotteries are not going to go away any time soon.  

57. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2018, 12:58 Mr. Tact

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 27, 2018, 11:58:
... I actually think Trump being removed from office could potentially be the point at which this turns very nasty. ...
... My comment was directed at the readers of these forums who are less ideologically possessed.
Are you suggesting Trump might be removed by other than legal means? As much as I dislike Trump, I see no evidence he will be removed legally or otherwise. Not that he shouldn't, I just don't see it happening. As bad as Trump is for our country and our democracy in general, both will survive him.

News Comments > Pit of Doom Early Access
5. Re: Pit of Doom Early Access Oct 27, 2018, 10:26 Mr. Tact

Hmm, tough call -- I could believe the legal system going either way on this one...  

42. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2018, 21:27 Mr. Tact

I anxiously await your explanation on how I should discipline my computer...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 26, 2018, 21:17 Mr. Tact

Still waiting for the day when I regret never having purchased a single Apple product...  

30. Re: Pregnancy PRANK on Boyfriend Oct 26, 2018, 17:16 Mr. Tact

Uh, yeah -- I believe it about as much as I do all those scripted reality shows. Which is to say, I don't believe it at all.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 26, 2018, 17:01 Mr. Tact

I'm guessing we didn't see all his comments, but I didn't see an apology. After all this is something that happened to him, he lost everything.. (except his girlfriend and family)..  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2018, 14:07 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 12:49:
Why does an innocent person always end up dead in these cases? Trigger-happy much?

I'm sorry but if you show up to an innocent person's house and they end up dead then something is seriously wrong with law enforcement tactics.
In general I would agree. But I can imagine scenarios where things could go wrong. Don't know the specifics of this event, but I wouldn't be surprised if over zealousness by the LEOs was the crucial problem.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2018, 12:48 Mr. Tact

This 5G stuff is going to really blow up at some point. The infrastructure required to make it work is going to annoy more and more municipalities as they run up against barriers to having any control over their installation.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2018, 12:44 Mr. Tact

Not that it really matters one way or the other, but in the pictures I saw the only stickers were in the windows of the van. Many more could have been placed on the body of the van.  

7604 Comments. 381 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo