Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5342 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 10:40 Mr. Tact

Here's a story from a "rightish" site Comey Memo offers zero proof to impeach. That's the left most GOP position...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 09:27 Mr. Tact

I'm not saying he couldn't be, or shouldn't be... I'm saying the GOP controlled House won't do it short of that.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2017, 09:40.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 09:03 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2017, 22:18:
I wonder if Trump has finally gone a bridge too far by asking Comey to quash the Russian investigation then firing him when he refused.
As I said previously, nothing short of a recording of him admitting a criminal act will get him impeached. However, this latest round of nonsense has me wondering, the way he deals with people... this isn't anything new. Gotta wonder if there might be some people out there who were bribed or blackmailed into doing something for him. Total speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me. That's something they might be able to go after him for, post pardon...

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 14:37 Mr. Tact

Nucas wrote on May 16, 2017, 14:22:
The Fifth Element is back in theaters this week for its 20th anniversary. tomorrow's the last day. think i'll have to catch it again.
Ha! Could never live up to my original viewing. Saw it with a group of friends, when Leeloo is looking through the encyclopedia I had an inspiration and at the appropriate moment I yelled out, "V is for vagina!" LOL.. one of my friends claimed it had been his favorite film but I ruined it because now he always hears that...

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 09:51 Mr. Tact

Not sure which addict you are referring to, but the opioid epidemic is definitely a big problem in the US which isn't going to go away any time soon. Even if we turn our brains on and start being smart about it...

Edit: Oh, the Virginia beach guy I assume...

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 09:00 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2017, 23:42:
When I got to college I had never heard of frats before.
You hadn't seen Animal House prior to going to college? Blasphemy! (unless you are a hell of a lot older than I thought)

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 20:49 Mr. Tact

Apologies, honestly. I avoided it for two months now and finally gave in, and once I did I couldn't not say something.

Edit: From now on, anyone stupid enough to mention to me they were in a frat., my response will be, "Cool. How many people did you haze to death." Totally unfair, but totally deserved.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2017, 21:00.

15. Re: Off topic May 15, 2017, 19:19 Mr. Tact

Okay, old news that I have been purposely ignoring... finally read an article on the Penn State hazing death. OMG. I hope everyone involved does jail time. Absolutely ridiculous and unforgivable...  

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 15:05 Mr. Tact

Wallshadows wrote on May 15, 2017, 12:49:
Val Kilmer wasn't doing too well either but I hear he's on the mend from oral cancer.
I had missed the news on Kilmer. I like him a lot, done many roles I liked. According to his Wikipedia page:

"In January 2015, Kilmer was hospitalized for what his representative said were tests for what could be a possible tumor. Kilmer said on social media, "I have not had a tumor, or a tumor operations [sic], or any operation. I had a complication where the best way to receive care was to stay under the watchful eye of the UCLA ICU." After previously denying persistent rumors that he had been diagnosed with cancer, Kilmer said in April 2017 that he had a "healing of cancer"."

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 12:36 Mr. Tact

Flatline wrote on May 15, 2017, 11:45:
Back in the day when hubs were 250 dollars a port, and bridges were a thing in networks because switches were too expensive.
I was surprised about 5 years ago when getting my CCNA that I had to know how bridges worked. Figured by then Cisco would have simply dropped it out of the curriculum...

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2017, 20:28 Mr. Tact

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 10:06:
BobBob wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 14:33:
The only sci-fi movie, in the past decade, that I found worth sharing is called "The Man From Earth". Seen it?
It is an interesting film, I enjoyed it. Not a traditional sci-fi film though.
Caught the TOS episode "Requiem for Methuselah" recently and noticed it was written by Jerome Bixby, who also wrote "The Man from Earth". So, I went digging and found this on Memory Alpha --

"An element from Bixby's story – that of an immortal man who became several of Earth's historical figures – was mirrored in his final screenplay, which became the film The Man from Earth."

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2017, 16:04 Mr. Tact

Ah, come on I know you were thinking it when you posted the gas can line. Besides I put the goofy face on it, so you know I wasn't serious..  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2017, 13:14 Mr. Tact

El Pit wrote on May 14, 2017, 12:44:
Also, a gallon of gas is always a great present! Maybe in a pink gas can?
Which could double as a solution to the home renovations!

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2017, 22:51 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on May 13, 2017, 21:36:
Oh please, oh please, oh please.
The only way Trump is getting impeached is if he is legally recorded admitting to a criminal act -- even then I wouldn't bet money on it. And as I indicated previously, getting rid of Trump would just mean Pence would become President, which might actually be worse. Additionally, remember -- in the unlikely event of Trump being impeached and removed from office, he will face no penalty. At the very worst, Pence will pardon him which would mean in accepting the pardon he'd have to admit to whatever he was charged with.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2017, 14:39 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on May 12, 2017, 09:50:
doni suggests there may be ‘tapes’ of his private conversations with former FBI director
From another topic...
Mr. Tact wrote on May 12, 2017, 12:39:
The funny thing for me about Trump raising the possibility of there being a tape of his conversation with Comey is this --

When I first learned about the dinner and the different versions of what was supposedly said by both parties... the first thing I thought was, "too bad Comey isn't a paranoid nut too, he might have recorded the conversation and we'd have proof (possibly not legally collected) of Comey's version."

Then Trump came out this his follow-up statement. Freaking hilarious to me.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2017, 12:39 Mr. Tact

The funny thing for me about Trump raising the possibility of there being a tape of his conversation with Comey is this --

When I first learned about the dinner and the different versions of what was supposedly said by both parties... the first thing I thought was, "too bad Comey isn't a paranoid nut too, he might have recorded the conversation and we'd have proof (possibly not legally collected) of Comey's version."

Then Trump came out this his follow-up statement. Freaking hilarious to me.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2017, 14:16.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2017, 21:14 Mr. Tact

El Pit wrote on May 11, 2017, 17:24:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2017, 15:03:
And so the GOP police state begins. Piss off one of the GOP elite and expect the jackbooted thugs to come drag you off never to be seen again.
President Pence will hopefully be very different from that coke sniffing nutcase in the White House.
If you take the time to look at Pence's political history you would realize you'd probably rather have the "coke sniffing nutcase in the White House." Pence is doubly worse because he is just as crazy but is a practiced politician. He might actually get some of his insane legislation ideas passed...

News Comments > NY Times on Star Citizen
4. Re: NY Times on Star Citizen May 10, 2017, 21:59 Mr. Tact

fishingtime wrote on May 10, 2017, 21:58:
fake news
LOL -- you have chosen your name well Mr. Troll.

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2017, 09:49 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on May 10, 2017, 05:28:
If I add up all the time a contractor was here it is only about 16 hours (plumbing, electrical, general). Otherwise I did majority of it.

My $25k bathroom will end up costing about $6k.

That being said, the delay is because of the way I chose to have it done. To me, it is worth it.
Well done. I wish I had your drive. I could do the other bathroom and get rid of all the popcorn ceilings... but it just isn't in me...

26. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 9, 2017, 21:23 Mr. Tact

descender wrote on May 9, 2017, 20:28:
IIRC, firing Cox was what started the cascade of leaks against Nixon that got him impeached.
Ahh, I remembered it was all falling apart already when it happened, but thinking about it some your recollection makes a bit more sense...

5342 Comments. 268 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo