Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4707 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: R.I.P.: Science fiction great Sheri Tepper. Oct 25, 2016, 15:45 Mr. Tact

Hmmm.. didn't recognize the name and after looking through her wiki entry I don't recognize any of the titles of her novels. If anyone ever mentioned her or her novels to me, I do not recall it. I've read a lot of sci-fi which makes me wonder how I totally missed her...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 25, 2016, 15:14 Mr. Tact

Those programmers may indirectly be rewarded for the performance of the game. If it does really well, there could be bonuses given out, perhaps more significant raises, or if the company has an ESPP they could benefit from a rising stock price. So, while I think residuals might be an overreach, their contribution is not insignificant and without being direct employees their chance for additional gain due to excellent performance of the product is non-existent compared the programmers possible additional gains.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2016, 15:05 Mr. Tact

Ha! Did you hear this one yet? The last time the Cubs won the WS, sliced bread had not been invented. So, for Cubs fans if they win, it will be the best thing since sliced bread!  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2016, 22:34 Mr. Tact

I wish I had the ability to turn my brain off -- apparently it leads to making tons of money on Youtube and various social media...  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 18:15 Mr. Tact

El Pit wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 17:47:
Okay, hiphop usually leaves me cold, but this track by Zack de la Rocha (former singer of Rage Against The Machine) should be part of a night drive soundtrack for GTA V. This is DOPE!

https://soundcloud.com/zackdelarocha/digging-for-windows

*meh* it was okay -- but there are several tracks off Ice-T's Original Gangster that are far better. That's right, I was doing hiphop in the early 90s!

17. Re: Off-topic Oct 24, 2016, 17:25 Mr. Tact

On a whim and a little bit of boredom I went and saw "The Accountant" today. I was expecting an OCD Jason Bourne accountant, was pleasantly surprised to see them roll in some story and a nice little twist -- not a bad film at all.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 16:39 Mr. Tact

Unfortunately for me Fry's is about 110 miles away.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 12:57 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 20:37:
My RAM blew up today. That was fun.
I think my video card is getting ready to blow up. I've had 3 video driver crashes in the last week -- only recovered on the fly from one. Thought maybe the fan had died, but checked that and it is still working. The PC is 4.5 years old now, it might be time to bite the bullet and get a new one. Unfortunately this would mostly likely mean going to Win 10, which I'm not particularly excited about. I'll mull it over for a while...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 13:55 Mr. Tact

In my 20s, I could have eaten a sandwich that size and not thought twice about it. These days... yeah, half would be plenty.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Return to Karazhan Patch This Month
13. Re: World of Warcraft Return to Karazhan Patch This Month Oct 17, 2016, 11:25 Mr. Tact

BTW -- not going to watch the one hour video... did they verify flying in Legion is in 7.1?  

12. Re: World of Warcraft Return to Karazhan Patch This Month Oct 17, 2016, 11:20 Mr. Tact

MattyC wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 10:38:
You do know that Pandarians date back to WarCraft right? I don't mean that /s, I was just curious. Many people think that was a WoW invention and IDK why.
Yep. I played hundreds if not thousands of hours of WarCraft III. I didn't particularly care for the Brewmaster Hero, but it didn't really bother me. But I still didn't like everything I saw and read about the expansion prior to the release. And discussions with people I know who stayed throughout, have only reinforced my opinion. Even minor things like the way they did cooking in that expansion is annoying. It just seems like MoP was done by a different team than all the other expansions.

10. Re: World of Warcraft Return to Karazhan Patch This Month Oct 17, 2016, 08:40 Mr. Tact

MattyC wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 07:47:
None of the WoW expansions have really interested me after MoP. I rather liked MoP, but I hated Cata. Zero interest in the game since.
That's interesting. I would say the exact opposite. I started three weeks after launch quit just before MoP because I thought they clearly had lost it. Came back not long before Legion, really liked what I saw of Warlords and so far I'm liking Legion.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 16, 2016, 21:04 Mr. Tact

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 12:09:
edit: Looked it up, sounds like the main challenge is how to transport enough fuel, food, and other supplies to sustain the mission both there and back. The timescale NASA was talking about, at least prior to budget cuts, was the mid 2030s for a manned orbital mission, and perhaps the 2040s for a manned landing mission.
Those are the easy problems. The harder ones are radiation (various types), debris in space (micro meteorites), and the problems low gravity causes the human body. The last one is somewhat known, but a mission to Mars would mean longer than all but one or two people have ever experienced. A suicide mission to Mars? Sure, we could do that in the next couple of decades. Go there, come back, and not do long term permanent damage to the travelers, that's going to take a lot longer. Not to mention that anything past 2040 is pushing the limit of "in my lifetime". I might live to 80, but I don't expect to (based on family history and my current health).

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 16, 2016, 00:40 Mr. Tact

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 23:22:
... if humans are going to set foot on another planet in our lifetimes, that planet is Mars.
If I want to win the lottery, I have to buy a ticket. My winning the lottery and us getting someone to Mars in our lifetimes have about the same chance. Not impossible, but not very damn likely.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 08:53 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 08:49:
I once ordered some cables from Amazon via a 3rd party seller. The cables were labeled as Retail. They arrived OEM. I didn't light a torch and grab a pitchfork, but I did mention it in product review and took a couple stars off or whatever. Like a day later I get this call from the seller (he straight-up calls me) pleading for me to change my review and offering to send me free cables and shit and imploring there's no difference between OEM and retail (which I know). He goes on about how this is his living and man I gotta help him out...

Yikes.
That is WAY weird. How did he get your phone number?

42. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 08:51 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 14:59:
Maybe someday we'll have automated politicians, like we're building automated cars. I welcome our robot overlords.
We need Minds from the Iain M. Bank's novels!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2016, 16:26 Mr. Tact

Bob Dylan awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature.

I can't decide how I feel about this. On the one hand writing songs is a talent and he's good at it. On the other, it is difficult to compare it to writing novels or even short stories. I guess I'm "okay" with it, I just find it difficult to believe there wasn't someone more deserving.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2016, 16:08 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 09:13:
BobBob wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 19:03:
If you're a single, self-respecting, female, you should put this map on your refrigerator.

Jesus freakin christ I hope those poll numbers are wrong, there just can't be that many stoopid men.
Pauses
Looks at other forum posts
Looks at the world
Nevermind

I had a similar reaction, initially I thought, "Really?!" Then I thought about it for two minutes and thought, "Oh. Really."

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2016, 13:17 Mr. Tact

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 11:12:
Tree Removal... damn look at his forearms and biceps..
Was amused by all the negative comments on the video. It never fails to amaze me how stupid people are. The trees were damaged and in danger of falling on a house -- get a grip on reality people.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2016, 21:36 Mr. Tact

Here is a question for all of you.

Assume Clinton wins the Presidency and the GOP keeps control of the Senate. Will a Supreme Court Justice get Senate approval during her administration? Or will the Senate refuse to approve any appointment for the entire four year term?

My guess -- unless she selects a far more conservative judge than she would be expected to, there will be no new court members during her term.

4707 Comments. 236 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo