Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 7591 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2018, 21:21 Mr. Tact

It is a start, now they need to replace the AD and entire board of regents. Ridiculously they are not firing Durkin for cause and he will collect over $5m per his contract. So, the University continues to walk a dangerously thin line...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2018, 18:35 Mr. Tact

Okay, hadn't heard or read about the stadium renaming. Nice. There was plenty of sufficient cause, they just ignored it.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2018, 14:23 Mr. Tact

The decision makes absolutely no sense. Even at a sporting level. The big thing about college sports is recruiting, how is Durkin going to recruit anyone? And it's not like he is the next Nick Saban or something. He hasn't been winning national championships or anything. Maryland's football program is at best, mediocre.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2018, 14:18 Mr. Tact

This should give you enough information to find whatever other related articles you might want to read.

Maryland football coach reinstated.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 31, 2018, 13:57 Mr. Tact

Maybe it is both?  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2018, 13:20 Mr. Tact

University of Maryland. WTF? What a total failure of leadership.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches
46. Re: Re: No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches Oct 31, 2018, 08:35 Mr. Tact

Reactor wrote on Oct 31, 2018, 00:57:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2018, 00:45:
Over a hundred years ago, con men used to roll into towns and peddle their elixirs and tonics claiming to cure whatever ailed people for a $1.00 a bottle; and later advertisements in newspapers. An inflation calculator I found went as far back as 1913. A $1 in 1913 would be $25 today. That's less than a $60 video game. So why get in an uproar over a lost buck? What's the big deal? It IS a big deal, and so much so that the United States government passed The Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 to protect consumers from people engaging in fraud and deception as relates to medicine claims. The point is people cannot profit from lies (see Bernie Madoff if you need a reminder). The car analogy wasn't about a price tag. It's about selling a product purely on promised features that are not there on delivery (e.g., lying to consumers).

So basically you're just a dude who doesn't have the balls to sue Hello Games for fraud and instead just prattles on about this injustice online? I'm not saying you don't have a point (we're not morons - we all know deception happened at some point) but for those of us who are positive, we've decided to just forgive the error and move on.

I know it's the US way to sue the living hell out of everyone, but in some places around the world, there are times when we choose to forgive. That's why some of us can enjoy the game.

If you're the suing type, just get on with it and stop whining.
That's giving him and the others too much credit. If he had just waited one freaking day, it was clear from the reviews that HG had not met their promises. Any Bluenews regular who was interested in this game and was paying attention should have known the game was coming up short at release. I was very interested in the game, but I waited over a year after the release and then I managed to get it for half price.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2018, 20:38 Mr. Tact

Being a proper American I own a car and drive myself everywhere. Hell, I drive the two blocks to my buddy's house to watch NFL games every Sunday. Uber, Lyft? Not even in my vocabulary.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2018, 20:31 Mr. Tact

whitelined wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 15:24:
They've been Foxconned?
That's giving Foxconn way too much credit. The Wisconsin GOP did this all by themselves. The tax deal and free infrastructure is by itself idiotic, the exemptions from environmental requirements should be downright criminal. Classic GOP -- all hail corporate interests, fuck the public.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 30, 2018, 20:14 Mr. Tact

Good riddance to human garbage.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2018, 20:13 Mr. Tact

Don't worry, the Davis family will bring them back to LA in 5-10 years.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 30, 2018, 20:12 Mr. Tact

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 21:17:
Still waiting for the day when I regret never having purchased a single Apple product...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2018, 20:08 Mr. Tact

He is suing Tesla because he wasn't paying attention to the road while driving 80 mph? Good thing for him I won't be on the jury.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2018, 15:20 Mr. Tact

Welp. That's done. Montgomery traded to the Ravens.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2018, 12:59 Mr. Tact

Those rural citizens also don't have a Wal-mart 5 minutes away either. Choices have consequences. It is not reasonable or practical to live on a farm and expect to have all the conveniences of living in a city. Someday there will be a datasphere which will encompass the entire planet and is available literally everywhere. Until then, if you want to live in an "out of the way" place, you gonna settle on some things.  

31. Re: No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches Oct 30, 2018, 12:33 Mr. Tact

And your point is..?  

29. Re: No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches Oct 30, 2018, 12:27 Mr. Tact

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 12:18:
You understand that Wine is just grape drink that is rotten, and it isn't very good tasting.
A multi-billion dollar industry would seemingly prove that statement as incorrect for a vast portion of the population.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2018, 12:25 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 12:05:
Ty Montgomery disobeyed orders on key fumble
Well, now there are contradictory statements. The coach said it was the game plan. Montgomery says he made a mistake but did not disobey a directive. There would seem to be two key elements.

1) Was Montgomery specifically told to take the touchback?
2) Was there a known game plan in place which should have made it clear to Montgomery he needed to take a touchback? (ie. he shouldn't have needed to be told)

Without knowing the truthful answers to those questions, we can not determine what Montgomery is guilty of. It could be just a bad decision, or it could be direct insubordination. We will likely never know...

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2018, 12:14 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 02:31:
Did you know there are 18,730 known near-Earth asteroids with 886 of those over 1 km in estimated diameter. Sweet dreams!
Well, I knew there were thousands of them. I also know, as far as we know currently, none of them are a threat. Of course, that's not to say a 5 km wide asteroid isn't going to come out of the Oort cloud from behind the sun and wipe us out without much notice. But I also know the odds are far greater I'll slip in the shower and break my neck. *shrug* Worry is almost always a useless activity.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2018, 12:06 Mr. Tact

The Mets GM hire is definitely at the very least, extremely odd. I would (and assume many others would) really like to hear their thought process on that decision.

As far as the Giants go, yeah Eli is fading into retirement -- but he isn't the only problem. I'm not sure Tom Brady could coax a win out of the team. And it is a testament to how good Barkley is when you realize how bad the O-line is.

7591 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo