Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5935 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2017, 15:16 Mr. Tact

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 14:48:
I just watched V For Vendetta last night, for the first time in about 10 years, and it ended just a little bit after midnight. Did not even think about the date today, but that's an awesome little synchronicity.
An under appreciated movie IMHO.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2017, 13:44 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 13:32:
Massachusetts and Maine are considering ditching DST
I hope it leads to a domino effect, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
104. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 5, 2017, 12:29 Mr. Tact

Keep dreamin' -- not while the GOP is in control.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 22:24 Mr. Tact

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 21:46:
I can't wait for the end of March already. Fuck standard time, fuck winter, fuck the cold, fuck the early nightfall and fuck the earth's retarded axial tilt that is responsible for all this depressing shit.
Ha! That made me chuckle. Sounds like you need to move south and get a job with a more flexible schedule.

One of my sisters lives in Phoenix, and she loves it. She is a real cold hater too. Me? I hate the heat, could never live in Phoenix. As I'm getting older the cold bothers me more than it used to, but my spin is, it is the price I pay for milder, shorter summers (comparatively) and I usually get the bonus on "good" temperatures in the spring and fall.

Have a buddy who lives in Tucson, and he rises with the sun. He basically feels like he can't "wake up" without sunlight. But for me, I worked for years where I either left for work when it was still dark, or came home from work when it was dark and it was never an issue.

News Comments > Over $1M Paid to Rust Community Skin Authors
7. Re: Over $1M Paid to Rust Community Skin Authors Nov 4, 2017, 18:58 Mr. Tact

What the heck is Rust?  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 15:03 Mr. Tact

Found this:

In Australia: Various states and territories in Australia adopted daylight saving time between 1968 and 1971, but Queensland, the Northern Territory and Western Australia did not do so. In Western Australia, three referendums were held in 1975, 1984 and 1992 on the issue, with daylight saving being rejected each time.

In Sept. 2017 Alberta was looking to have a vote getting rid of it... not clear if they did or not..

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 14:57 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 12:35:
... A lot of places have had referendums to abolish it and lost...
I don't necessary doubt you... but I find that puzzling since I have never meet anyone who didn't want to get rid of it. Can you point to ballet results somewhere?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 12:09 Mr. Tact

I don't really care if we stick to daylight-saving time or standard time -- JUST FUCKING PICK ONE AND STICK TO IT.

And in case you haven't seen it already, how is this still a thing?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
17. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 08:44 Mr. Tact

Oh please. "They want to charge for an old game!" There was a demand for the game. No one is twisting your arm. If you don't want to play it, no one is forcing you. As far as the subscription model for any game... they should do the continual updates, fixes, and maintenance free of charge? You know what it takes to support multiple millions of players?

*sheesh* Millennials!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 08:38 Mr. Tact

You know how most people have a film they consider a "guilty pleasure"? It's not an especially good film, barely worth watching once, let alone multiple times. But for some reason it strikes this particular person in just the right way, consequently they have watched it many, many times. (Grease 2 is one of mine )

That's kinda how I feel about the D3 story. Yeah, I realize it has major problems and really isn't well done... but for some reason it just doesn't bother me.

News Comments > Runic Closed, Motiga Layoffs
4. Re: Runic Closed, Motiga Layoffs Nov 3, 2017, 20:52 Mr. Tact

Hope they cleaned up when they sold the company, this was a predictable outcome.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play
11. Re: StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play Nov 3, 2017, 19:43 Mr. Tact

So, now it will be free to play... can I play it on a LAN without an Internet connection yet? (not really serious, but had to say it)  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
11. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 3, 2017, 19:36 Mr. Tact

*meh*

I went back to WoW just before the current expansion (Legion) started, after having raided through most of Cata. before leaving -- about a 4 year absence. Neither the new expansion or the chance to go back to "classic" really grabs my attention much. I guess it is about time to take another break...

It will be interesting to see how successful/popular "classic" is...

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2017, 22:39.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 12 Details
7. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Details Nov 1, 2017, 23:31 Mr. Tact

Oh, and for the record -- I am not attempting to criticize Path of Exile. I like the game. And I've certainly given them more money than I have spent on D3, despite having purchased all the expansions.  

6. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Details Nov 1, 2017, 18:32 Mr. Tact

Okay, yeah -- this last time they had a big content release, but they've been doing these leagues ever 3-4 months since they started four years ago. I guess if they come out with large content releases every 4 years... we'll see.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 12:40 Mr. Tact

My guess would be he is attempting to mimic John Oliver who has a tendency to use it a bit too often...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 10:56 Mr. Tact

Oh brother...

I was just listening to NPR, they were discussing recent sexual harassment issues/charges and specifically the latest ones concerning Kevin Spacey. And some clown said (paraphrased), "I think it is likely there will be serious lawsuits against Fox and Disney which could bring those corporations down."

Okay, I am not making any comment about any person's guilt or non-guilt in these cases. However, to think sexual harassment lawsuits will bring down multi-billion dollar corporations shows a serious disconnect from reality.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 10:38 Mr. Tact

Gunnar-man looks awesome, as usual.  

2. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Details Oct 31, 2017, 15:10 Mr. Tact

How come I never see anyone complaining about the 3-4 month "leagues" which Path of Exile has? Maybe I just missed it? Seems to be little difference from what D3 is doing...  

44. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2017, 15:06 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 14:09:
And I've read that on average, runners have better joints than the general population (not that that's a very high bar. ).
I would expect that to be true, if running causes joint pain you don't do it. Hence, the people who do run have better joints...

5935 Comments. 297 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo