Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 5243 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta
28. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2017, 11:42 Mr. Tact

LiTh wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 08:22:
....Orb of Regrets which drop often, and can be bought from vendors refund passive points from the tree.... Seriously so much misinformation about PoE its mind-boggling.
Drop often? Obviously your definition of "often" differs from mine. I have 200+ hours in my main character right now. Now granted, that puts me only slightly above "total noob" in PoE terms, but in those 200+ hours I found about 20 Orbs of Regret. Which to me doesn't seem like many considering the character currently has 100+ passive skill points. And the Orbs of Scouring which can be used to purchase them from the vendor, I have found about twice that number. So the 64 Orbs of Scouring for 40 Orbs of Regret isn't likely to be available to me in the near future.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2017, 11:54.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 17:02 Mr. Tact

descender wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 16:17:
That's just one of my pet peeves having listened to this conversation in offices all my life. Way too many people seem to think that you can earn "too much", end up paying more in taxes and "take home less"... it's just mathematically impossible for that to happen. They think that if you earn $20001 then every penny you earned gets taxes at the higher rate and that's not how it works.
You are right, many people don't understand this. The language used around the tax brackets is often incorrect and helps with the confusion.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 13:19 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 12:40:
Are taxes so simple you can do them yourself in the US?
For a vast majority, yes. And even if your situation is a little more complicated, something like Turbo Tax will walk you through everything for $120 ($60 for the software, $60 for the electronic filing).

An example of someone who might need professional assistance: A day trader with hundreds or thousands of trades. Or if you are self employed, the mixing of personal and business finances can get complicated.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 11:20 Mr. Tact

Well, if they are actually paying additional money, I can understand the delay. No need to pay a bill before it is due.

Did mine later than usual this year for no particular reason. Usually get it done in mid February, this year I realized at the end of March I hadn't done them and did them that weekend. Had forgotten the withholding on the severance was "higher" -- got a bigger refund than is normal / I was expecting.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 10:12 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 06:27:
Also, basements are overrated.
Basements like any other room in a house are dependent on how well they are planned/built. Watch enough HGTV renovation shows and you'll see a few basements which you'd say, "Yeah, I'd like that."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 17, 2017, 23:50 Mr. Tact

Certainly overly sensationalized news.. I'm pretty sure there is no reasonably competent person who thinks video games lead to shootings...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 17, 2017, 23:42 Mr. Tact

Apple has never gotten a single cent of my money, and they probably never will. Not that I haven't given money to companies who are as bad or worse, but I particularly like not giving it to them with their supposed customer centric policies... uh, yeah. NOT.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 17, 2017, 23:36 Mr. Tact

No. Anyone who played solitaire instead of working, would have been wasting time in some other way if it hadn't existed.

My thought upon reading the article, was how he could have been a millionaire for writing a single program, but wasn't. Hopefully, he was at Microsoft early enough that he got some stock options which he profited heavily on...

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 17, 2017, 23:28 Mr. Tact

I assume Tencent will kick butt in China and have a much smaller impact in the US and Europe. But over time they might/could be an actual competitor...  

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
49. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 17, 2017, 22:41 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 14:15:
George RR Martin will finish his books before Chris Roberts ever finishes his game.
Okay -- now that is an interesting race. I'm not sure which I would bet on...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 17, 2017, 22:38 Mr. Tact

More likely than a "screw up" is Microsoft is purposely obscuring what they are doing...  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2017, 22:14 Mr. Tact

Best bumper sticker I've seen recently, an oval with the number 0.0 in it.

If you don't get that -- there are oval bumper stickers with 13.1, 26.2, and 39.3 in them, this represents the number of miles in a half, full, and 1.5 (or whatever they call it) marathon -- presumably indicating completing such a jaunt.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2017, 12:41 Mr. Tact

Yeah, Spring is off to a later than normal start here in the Midwest US. Haven't even taken the HVAC off "Heat" yet... probably soon though -- maybe this week.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2017, 09:25 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 23:52:
Of course not. There were 78 cases in 2016 of white people being brutalized by airport police when they refused to disembark on command: broken noses, broken fingers, 2nd degree carpet burns, black eyes, etc. Did you read about any of them? Of course not. Because the Liebral media didn't deem them newsworthy. Try to Google these stories. Nothing comes up, right? That's because there's a media conspiracy to suppress these stories. The only reason I know of them is because my uncle is a higher up in the TSA where they track these stats, although they can't make them public. For security reasons.
Far more likely is there isn't video of the other "78 cases in 2016". And for the record, no matter what the subject, when someone says "XYZ happened, but you can't find out about it" always raises severe doubt. I have no doubt there have been multiple forced disembarks by multiple carriers. What made this news was not the passenger's race, but the video and the excessive nature of force used.

25. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 15, 2017, 09:17 Mr. Tact

I was directing my comment to the completion of the game, not the time it takes to get there.  

23. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2017, 19:38 Mr. Tact

LiTh wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 19:11:
Getting level 40 in poe is like just finishing act 2 in D3.
Well, in fairness, it's probably about like getting to Act 2 in Nightmare, but yeah...

21. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 14, 2017, 12:59 Mr. Tact

D3 has plenty of grind for the paragon levels and top gear...

Clearly there is a grey area somewhere between overly easy to become powerful and way too difficult to become powerful -- and there is no "right" answer. Some of the people who really like PoE would tell you D3 is way too easy. Conversely, there are people who really like D3 who would say PoE is way too hard. Neither is right or wrong, it is simply a matter of personal preference. There is also a grey area in game play between too complicated and too easy -- with similar D3 / PoE comparisons.

For me, I like them both for different reasons... *shrug*

19. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 14, 2017, 09:42 Mr. Tact

I get you not buying it overall -- my first try I only made it to level 39. But I'm a bit surprised you are so totally dismissive of it. On my first try it was more of a realization the game was going to require a reasonable time investment -- and I wasn't up for it then. But it grabbed me pretty well immediately -- I liked it enough I bought some stash tabs just to give them some money.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2017, 21:49 Mr. Tact

Law Enforcement Officer?  

17. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 13, 2017, 17:16 Mr. Tact

Yeah, level 48 isn't even really the main part of the game. You probably didn't even get an Ascendancy class.. Basically, for better or for worse, PoE is not designed for casual gaming.  

5243 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo