Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 4533 (Master)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2016, 18:03 Mr. Tact

Hey Blue, too late for this year, but in the future: FDA approves drug to help dogs frightened by fireworks  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
2. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 1, 2016, 21:17 Mr. Tact

So, 2021?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 18:44 Mr. Tact

Well, you solved it -- assuming it isn't a false positive. Sorry, had to be said.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 18:42 Mr. Tact

theglaze wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 13:44:
I take the perspective that everyone is trying to kill me.
This is the correct attitude to take, and the reason I've never taken up riding a motorcycle despite how much I think I'd like it.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 19:08 Mr. Tact

She seems to come up on him, you can not see her in the initial shot when he is looking straight ahead. At best, it would seem she would be directly beside him at that point.

Often in a two lane to one lane merge like this there is a sign indicating the which lane must yield (usually the right). But I don't see any such sign in the video. Barring a sign to indicate it, I'm not sure what the rules of the road say about which motorist would have the right of way, assuming they are equally advanced down the road. However, my guess would be the right lane should yield. I certainly don't think there is is an established "left, right, left" sequence as the motorcyclist suggests.

In the end, I agree with those saying the motorcyclist should be riding more defensively. Even if the woman is being an asshole, in the worst case scenario, the motorcyclist is going to always lose.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 15:04 Mr. Tact

Slightly odd on the grizzly killing the mountain biker. Would have thought two mountain bikers would have made enough noise to make the bear retreat into the woods before they even saw the bear. I guess it's possible they were traveling at a good clip...  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 13:00 Mr. Tact

Add me to the list of people surprised by the responsiveness of the officer. Not that he wouldn't want to help, but that he understood the biker had it on video and acted immediately. Props to the cop.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2016, 14:47.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 12:52 Mr. Tact

Interesting, I thought they had a definition of weight more specific than that. Something like "X cubic centimeters of water at a specific temperature and pressure." Weird.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 22:35 Mr. Tact

Apologies in advance, but upon seeing the clip of this I had to post about it. Donald Trump talking from the podium at a rally about free trade:

"I want great deals. I don't care if they're free. I don't care if they're fair. I don't care if they're good. I don't care if they're horrendous. I just want great deals. I'll do it all different ways."

Uh... yeah.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2016, 21:33 Mr. Tact

Well, the fact there were pop-ups where the software considered closing the dialog with the "x" as confirmation makes it pretty easy to see how someone might "okay" the update even when they thought they were canceling it. Frankly, in my mind that borders on criminal behavior by MS. It isn't, but I kinda wish it was.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2016, 18:18 Mr. Tact

I've never seen one of these update notices. And yes, I do updates through Windows Update. Not that I'm complaining, I've yet to hear a compelling reason to upgrade. And the fact you can still order PCs with Win7 installed, says quite a bit.

I have no intention of upgrading anytime soon. And if I have "pay" to do it when I'm ready, whether it is 6 months or 3 years from now, it won't bother me.

News Comments > Godus Dead?
1. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 18:10 Mr. Tact

Have you stolen your investors money? Peter Molyneux apparently declined their request for a comment.

There fixed that for you.

Actually I don't know jack about this game or where it's development is at, but given the lack of information and the players involved, I hope no one was really anxious to see this game.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 14:06 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 13:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 13:44:
Subscribe for it?

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/
Uh, yeah. That isn't going to happen.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 13:44 Mr. Tact

Subscribe for it?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 13:41 Mr. Tact

I'm just not feeling it for ST:Beyond... I hope it's better than I feel like it is going to be.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2016, 16:55 Mr. Tact

Iceland over England in the UEFA round of 16... surely that is a sign of the apocalypse?  

47. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 22:48 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 21:01:
Yeah, saw some of those too. I just hope Americans don't make the same decision vis a vis Trump.
*fingers crossed*

Saw the news that George Will had left the GOP, changing his voter registration to "unaffiliated". Trump, not surprisingly, blasted Will via Twitter. To which George Will responded, "He has an advantage on me, because he can say everything he knows about any subject in 140 characters and I can't."

Zing!

44. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 12:58 Mr. Tact

Haha! Amusing indeed. However, it did leave out one possibility though, Johnson triggers Brexit and five years from now everyone looks upon it much the same way we do the Y2K uproar. Possible? Sure. Likely? I have no idea.  

42. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 08:09 Mr. Tact

Read a couple of other articles. Sounds like while Scotland blocking Brexit might technically be possible, it would probably be considered bad form. Something along the lines of say, if the Scots had voted to leave the UK and the British parliament vetoed them leaving.

But then again, sometimes people/companies/countries do things that are bad form despite knowing it they are doing it - could be very interesting.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 08:00 Mr. Tact

An interesting development:

Can Scotland stop Brexit?

4533 Comments. 227 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo