Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On April 9, 2004
Founding Supporter Gold, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 9994 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Beta

12. Re: Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Beta Apr 7, 2020, 15:09  Mr. Tact 

Just saw another tidbit that it has supposedly been "confirmed" that decimals were misplaced... 42 million in weekly fees was supposed to be 4.2 million.. as I said, it is a beta.. time will tell.  

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Beta Apr 7, 2020, 14:34  Mr. Tact 

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 10:52:
LOL -- was just watching a stream with someone in the Beta... the upkeep costs currently max out at 44 million a week, which is almost 3 billion a year in costs. I have to think that will be reduced, because if it isn't they are wasting their time putting it in the game. And that's from someone who mined up 8 billion in a few weeks.
First, again -- it is a beta so far from being set in stone. But apparently the maximum weekly upkeep is currently 147m. The 44 million is a pro-rated figure from today (Tuesday) to the weekly reset "tick" on Thursday. So, 7.644 billion per year in upkeep for a fully equipped Fleet Carrier as it stands currently. Frankly, if those figures aren't reduced by 90% or more.. you won't see many of these things in the game....

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

9. Re: Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Beta Apr 7, 2020, 13:52  Mr. Tact 

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 13:24:
Do you still have to go to a station to see prices on things?
To see the current commodity price at that station? Yes. Or use third party tools -- which do work well.
Do you still only jump into a system at the sun and have to travel across the system to get to places?
Yes. The only time I've really heard anyone complain about that is when the location they want to go to is 10s of thousands of ls (or longer) away from the main star. If you don't like that, you might as well not play the game.
Still have to play that game of when to not overshoot stuff?
Uh, technically yes. But 1) there is an automated super-cruise module you can buy if you want 2) if you can't deal with this manually after a dozen hours (or far less) of playing this game, you either don't understand something or are really terrible at video games.
All that needlessly grindy crap is what keeps me from playing.
The grindy stuff is mostly optionally. Yes, to get some cash you are going to have to grind some. But it isn't hundreds of hours or anything. I'd say in 20-30 hours (less if you learn quickly) you can be buying/building a significantly upgraded ship to go do whatever you want. Explore, trade, combat, whatever.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2020, 11:15  Mr. Tact 

Let them eat cake!  

5. Re: Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Beta Apr 7, 2020, 10:52  Mr. Tact 

LOL -- was just watching a stream with someone in the Beta... the upkeep costs currently max out at 44 million a week, which is almost 3 billion a year in costs. I have to think that will be reduced, because if it isn't they are wasting their time putting it in the game. And that's from someone who mined up 8 billion in a few weeks.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2020, 11:09.

3. Re: Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Beta Apr 7, 2020, 10:32  Mr. Tact 

The game definitely has some grinds. That said, I still think it is a great game. It is a nice contrast to NMS, I play both, like both.  

1. Re: Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Beta Apr 7, 2020, 10:17  Mr. Tact 

A lot of the people in the community are not happy about the upkeep charges. It will be interesting to see if FDev sticks to their guns on it. I'll be interested to see what Tritium costs at stations which have it and how common it is for mining. The spool up time is the biggest con that I have seen so far. I don't want to have to wait an hour after telling my ship to jump. If they need two hours, do it all on the back end.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2020, 07:51  Mr. Tact 

Finally saw something on it. Apparently at first the GOP tried to move the election of the justice to a separate date. Presumably because if it was on the same date as an active Democratic primary, too many Ds would show up. But they weren't able to do that. Milwaukee has reduced polling places from 180 to 5 due to volunteers saying they wouldn't show up to run them. And since urban areas are more affected by the virus and tend to be more Democratic, this is the next best thing for the GOP. Hooray for politics!  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2020, 22:27  Mr. Tact 

Orogogus wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 21:17:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 18:39:
Although I would like someone to explain to me what the Wisconsin GOP thinks they are accomplishing by forcing the primary election to go forward...

They have a state supreme court seat in play. Old people are eligible for mail-in absentee ballots, and are a Republican voting bloc. In Wisconsin, other people have to prove they deserve one. So making sure old people are over-represented while urban voters aren't counted helps Republicans get that state court seat.
Thanks for the information.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2020, 21:11  Mr. Tact 

1badmf wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 21:03:
the anti-vaxxers are already saying they'll refuse to take the coronavirus vaccine even though a million people will have died from covid19, all preventable with a vaccine.
Did you honestly think they would say something else? I didn't.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2020, 18:39  Mr. Tact 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 18:22:
Humanity is in a race to the bottom. Ignorance and pride are favored over critical thinking and logic, and cruelty is viewed as strength. Religious nutjobs control entirely too much political power, money, and land.
Pretty sure that's been the case for many centuries. The only thing unique to the current situation is the level of it demonstrated by the US president.

Although I would like someone to explain to me what the Wisconsin GOP thinks they are accomplishing by forcing the primary election to go forward...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2020, 14:44  Mr. Tact 

Well, if you have to be quarantined...  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2020, 14:02  Mr. Tact 

Rhialto wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 12:51:
Hey folks, that Beat Saber video is me and my family. Had fun doing this video montage and wanted to share it with you here as you may have seen my name in the past so now you know a bit more about me. Hope you like it.
Nice editing.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2020, 10:20  Mr. Tact 

I like stove top stuffing. no, I don't want an entire case of it  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2020, 19:01  Mr. Tact 

I haven't bothered to look at one recently -- but I can almost guarantee you a poll of GOP voters would show a large majority believe Trump has done a good job of handling the government's response to Coronavirus.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2020, 18:42  Mr. Tact 

No worries in the US, the federal government is doing a very good job of responding to the situation...  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2020, 14:32  Mr. Tact 

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Forgot to consider he had stopped playing, but even if I had I didn't know what the waiting period was and if he had been out long enough.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2020, 13:13  Mr. Tact 

Is it standard for the waiting period to be elected to the HOF to be waived in the case of death, or did they make an exception for Kobe? Not that he doesn't deserve it, I was just curious if they actually had an exception written into the rules.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2020, 14:48  Mr. Tact 

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2020, 14:32:
Facebook is bad, but it doesn't give your data to the Chinese government for the purposes of undermining the United States.
It would if China asked to buy it...

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black<b> Apr 3, 2020, 20:08  Mr. Tact 

Yep. That's the song I most associate with Bill Withers.  

9994 Comments. 500 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >