Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 9479 (Guru)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Job Biden on CDA and Video Games

8. Re: Job Biden on CDA and Video Games Jan 17, 2020, 22:18 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 22:10:
If the Dems pick him they're gonna' lose.
I don't know anymore. I thought he was the best chance to beat Trump because he was the only D which could get the "I voted for Trump because I couldn't vote for HRC" voters while still getting all the normal D voters. Now, I am no longer sure. Being an incumbent with the economy still ticking along makes Trump tough to beat no matter what. I want to believe enough people can smell the stink behind the lies, but I wouldn't bet my house on it. I'm lowering my estimate of the D's chance to win from 50% to 40%...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2020, 21:26 Mr. Tact

Indeed.  

News Comments > Job Biden on CDA and Video Games

5. Re: Job Biden on CDA and Video Games Jan 17, 2020, 21:25 Mr. Tact

There is so much I want to say, but it just isn't worth it. I'll stick to this -- Joe, when you don't understand the subject just keep your damn mouth shut. *sigh*  

News Comments > NPD's Bestelling Games of Last Year and Last Decade

1. Re: NPD's Bestelling Games of Last Year and Last Decade Jan 17, 2020, 20:25 Mr. Tact

So much for being a cool kid, the only game on either list I've played is Minecraft.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2020, 19:31 Mr. Tact

The only time I been at an ER for myself was on a Dec. 26th. Great time to go, not many people there....  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2020, 17:36 Mr. Tact

I faven't watched the series yet, the Dish and AT&T disagreement left me without HBO. But I also enjoyed the movie, although I admit I might have been less happy with it if I had known any of the already existing material. However, I was blissfully ignorant. Life is good.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 17, 2020, 08:47 Mr. Tact

Didn't he already announce a break? I remember commenting that he should take his money,, walk away, and go do something else...  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 21:24 Mr. Tact

WarPig wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 20:17:
I don't disagree with the short memory idea, but one of the main reasons is that most people just buy tickets to where they need to go + when they need to get there and the plane they get is the plane they get.

Last month I flew commercially for the first time since the mid '90's (went to LA to see the Rams kick my Seahawks ass). So I had a location and schedule that was pretty much set, and I had no idea what planes I would be sitting in, and to your point, didn't really care. There's probably a way to find out which type of plane you'll be riding in when you're booking your trip but I don't know what it is. As far as I know it was right on the ticket, which these days is just an image on your phone.
It is possible the information was available but you didn't notice it. But even if it was and you had, there is no implied promise. Assuming it doesn't mess up their seating assignments, the airline could swap out one plane type for another due to scheduling/maintenance/delays/whatever -- and you wouldn't get any kind of notice. But I don't think there is a requirement for the airline to tell you in advance what the plane will be. Even if there was something like that I'm guessing they could stop using the known plane nomenclature and switch to using a private code. All of this contributes to the likelihood of the return of the 737 Max.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2020, 18:13 Mr. Tact

Scheherazade wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 16:40:
There is a long range 5g mode, but it is essentially 4g anyways. Has the same data rates and frequencies. That was logic behind the silly 'label 4g as 5g' that some privider did recently.
Yep. Hence my contention that widely installed 5G is mostly a waste of time and money.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 16:40 Mr. Tact

I can't say you are wrong. But the public in general, has a short memory. Only time will tell, but I'd be willing to bet 737 Max planes will be back in the skies and rolling off the assembly line eventually.  

24. Re: Is 737 Max safe? New Boeing CEO hopes to end crisis after plane crash Jan 16, 2020, 16:27 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 16:25:
Smart people will ultimately figure that out and let the general public know. The media outlets will pick that up and report it. Boeing is in even more trouble. The 737 Max is a no-win situation. The only solution is to scrap the line and begin from scratch with safety as the primary consideration.
No way that's going to happen, too much money involved. The 737 Max will be back whether or not they re-brand it.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 16:21 Mr. Tact

MattyC wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 14:05:
10 is actually a pretty decent OS. It just has a lot of crap bundled with it. If you want to really dig all that stuff out let me know and I could point you in the right direction. For most people though, just do not use a Microsoft sign when you setup your user. You can have a local login. Say no to all telemetry options, don't use Edge.

After all that, it is relatively benign. That will still leave forced updates on. If you are pro you can just turn this off, enterprise you can disable it with rules, on Home etc you can still do it, but it requires reg-work.
As I understand it with Pro you can delay for up to six months, but then you have no choice. But at least other than that you can stopped the forced updates. As far as I know enterprise is as difficult to get as the LTSC. I'll gladly take links for trimming Win10, DM me if you prefer.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2020, 16:12 Mr. Tact

Scheherazade wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 15:32:
Huawei is half the cost of everybody else.
That makes them the obvious choice.
Okay, that is something I had not heard anyone say. If that's the case, screw Huawei and the corporate clowns who want to install this mostly worthless transmission standard on us. Throw 'em out on their ear and make everyone pay up.

22. Re: Re: Is 737 Max safe? New Boeing CEO hopes to end crisis after plane crash Jan 16, 2020, 16:10 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 15:39:
A better question to ask: "Is the 737 Max brand damaged goods?" I believe most people know the answer, so it doesn't matter if the plane is safe.
I'm sure some think that can be solved by re-branding, they might even be right..

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 16:09 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 13:03:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 12:45:
Well, I guess I'll be getting a NvMe drive...
Be aware that some M.2 drives are sata speed.
Yeah, figured that out when I started looking around. M.2 is a physical format, NvMe is an interface standard.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 12:45 Mr. Tact

Well, I guess I'll be getting a NvMe drive...  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 12:24 Mr. Tact

Nimh wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 12:22:
LTSC is the best option. Too bad they're so hard to come by, or by sailing the high seas.
I am in total agreement.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 11:58 Mr. Tact

afka Rossini wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 11:51:
As long as you're buying a new SSD, does your current system support Nvme types? I'd not really gotten into it before my recent upgrades but I was surprised to learn that Nvme SSD's are 5 to 7 times faster than SATA versions.
Interesting -- I knew they were faster, but I didn't realize they were that much faster.

4. Re: Is 737 Max safe? Jan 16, 2020, 11:28 Mr. Tact

Define "safe" and then I'll answer. It is a plane which was purposely built with a fundamentally flawed design. In my mind that alone should mean it will never fly again. But I highly doubt that will happen.  

3. Re: Subaru F.U.C.K.S. Debacle. Jan 16, 2020, 11:25 Mr. Tact

There is zero chance that was just an oversight -- someone did it on purpose.  

9479 Comments. 474 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >