3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

workaround
Apr 7, 2004, 01:11
yia
workaround Apr 7, 2004, 01:11
yia

I finnaly got a game to work online WITHOUT relying on that pathetic wingsnet service.
(we did this by creating avirtual server of my PC with a dedicated Soldner server running)

In otherwords, i host a virtual lan server and he connects to my lan server, VIA the internet.
it worked!
to the extent that the joinee was stuck as an observer...a bug which means you cant swtich from being an observer when you join a server.
argh...if only we had the console commands to switch mannualy because the GUI is totally stuffed.

Atleast its possible to access online games not relying on wingsnet. Even if wingsnet did work, i dont see how people wouldplay being stuck as an observer...It seems only the host can actually 'play'.

workaround
yia
workaround Apr 7, 2004, 01:11
yia

I finnaly got a game to work online WITHOUT relying on that pathetic wingsnet service.
(we did this by creating avirtual server of my PC with a dedicated Soldner server running)

In otherwords, i host a virtual lan server and he connects to my lan server, VIA the internet.
it worked!
to the extent that the joinee was stuck as an observer...a bug which means you cant swtich from being an observer when you join a server.
argh...if only we had the console commands to switch mannualy because the GUI is totally stuffed.

Atleast its possible to access online games not relying on wingsnet. Even if wingsnet did work, i dont see how people wouldplay being stuck as an observer...It seems only the host can actually 'play'.

connect directly
Apr 7, 2004, 00:15
yia
connect directly Apr 7, 2004, 00:15
Apr 7, 2004, 00:15
yia

ok heres the thing, i finally figured out how to set up my Virtual server, (so i can host games in a lan, and others can connect to my lan game over the net) and it worksfor all other games. However SOLDNER dosnt have a connect directly through lan button, nor a console...
I all did this assuming there would be a console or something to connect directly ...anyone found it?

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older