I find that DNF provides a great boost of confidence when you're down. No matter what you've done with your life in the past decade, you've probably got more to show for it than the developers of DNF.
Some highlights of what has been accomplished in less time than DNF has taken, courtesy of http://duke.a-13.net/
- The Beatles formed, released every single one of their albums and broke up. During this time they also toured the world several times.
- The Wright brothers designed and flew the first airplane.
- The United States' entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy's challenge to the landing.
Events occurring during the development of DNF:
- All 3 Star Wars prequels, all 3 Lord of the Rings movies ( including extended editions), and all 3 Matrix movies were filmed, released to theaters, and are now on DVD.
- Google was incorporated, growing from a two-person company with a net worth of next to nothing to employing 16,000 people and being worth billions.
- The Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Dreamcast, PS2, PS3, and PSP were all released.
- Blizzard released Starcraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft III, and WoW, including expansions for all of them.
- Half-Life, Half-Life 2, plus all their expansions and mods
- Black Isle was formed, released seven titles and was shut down
- Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, and XII have all been releasedThis comment was edited on Dec 16, 21:30.