Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 2630 (Senior)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Brut@l Next Month
1. Re: PC Brut@l Next Month Jan 9, 2017, 19:44 Darks

Im sure the game play may be good, but what an ugly ass looking game. My eyes just cant stand to see that hours upon hours.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
4. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 12:24 Darks

nin wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 11:46:
Perhaps Randy's magic tricks will save the day...

Poor battlesnore.

LOL, Battleborn was a terrible game and a bore-fest. Many people thought this game was going to be like Borderlands, but was to much like a moba.

And dont get me started on Bulletstorm and how they are trying to twist everyone's arms to buy it at full price.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
5. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 15:21 Darks

Saboth wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 14:55:
As usual, meh deals. Lots of indie games still in the $10-$19 range, even after discounts. Most discounts are 10-50% off. If a game is 75-90% off, it's usually off of the original price from 1-2 years ago. I picked up 4 games for about $17 total, using the discount received as a guide to which ones I bought. Guess I'm done with the Steam Sale this year, 2 hours after it went live.

I picked up a bundle on Bundlestars yesterday for $9.99. Even after discounts, one game in the bundle on Steam during the Steam sale is $9.99 just in itself.

Yea, steams seasonal sales are shit anymore. the same rehashed crap over and over with the same shitty pricing on them.

I guess steam doesn't want to cut into that 30 percent pure profit they take from publishers putting their games on steam.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
26. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 13:34 Darks

Sabre Wulf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:22:
Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:58:
So again, this is why Kick-starter fans are pissed off to no end.

I guess you don't get the McDonald analogy as much as I apparently don't get the KS controversy.

the kickstarter base was what 5-10% of the paying customer base? Probably much lower that that but I'll concede 5% on the side of gusstimation. So the other 90% of the people who gave more funds (alot more funds) than the original KS wanted or asked for should not receive the item(s) they paid for because the original 10% founder base didn't want/pay for it?

Your argument would be fine if they (CIG) did the kick starter, didn't do any stretch goals, didn't add any more funds or add-on to the project, and then came out and said oh by they way, you'll have to wait another year for what we had you pay for because we were too busy making something else you didn't pay for. But they did bring in more funds, they did do stretch goals, and people did pay for a FPS mode. Your argument is to say those people should wait longer for their game mode then I (you) because you came first in line at the funding slot.

Saber, piss off. You are new here so take your garbage and leave.
If you want to defend this con artist, then go their web forums and have at it.

18. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 12:58 Darks

Sabre Wulf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:48:
grudgebearer wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:34:
Probably because they don't even have a fully functional flight model implemented, and they are spending time/effort/money on remaking Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

but again if people paid for this, then why up in arms when its show off?

its like going to McDonald and ordering a big-mac, then pulling up to the window and the cashier hands you a combo with fries and a coke. You say i didn't order that, and they reply, the car behind you paid for everyone to have a combo order for the next 1 million customers. Then you get pissed because you didn't want the fries and a coke because it makes you fat, but you sure as hell going to eat them just for spite even if you didn't want or pay for them.

You apparently are not getting the point. Its the fact that this game has so much controversy behind it that, even if it was a stretch goal, the guy still does not have the game even close to being released.

The Flight sim models should have been first and foremost at the front of development. This is what should have taken priority and gotten most of the attention and completed. this FPS part should take a backseat until the game got to a point where they could say, hey heres the flight sim, now we are getting the FPS part ready and will release it once its ready.

instead Roberts keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper causing even more controversy.

And BTW, I dont recall an FPS mode ever being discussed in the original Kick-starter campaign, and looking at the stretch goals. I dont see it there either.

In fact, the FPS mode was never apart of the Kick Starter Campaign, it was apart of his own he added at the 20 Million mark.

So again, this is why Kick-starter fans are pissed off to no end.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2016, 13:07.

7. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 11:15 Darks

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 11:10:
Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 10:52:
This whole thing is just baffling, This kind of addon to the game should have came out after the original intended game was finished.

I dont see how anyone can be supportive of this kind of crap being created for a game that was supposed to be a space flight sim in an open sand box.

Its this Bullshit that has all of us backers up in arms.

But it's no longer a space sim. Once Roberts realized how much money he could get for SQ42, he jizzed his pants and went full fan-boy on his own delusional dreams of living in the Wing Commander universe, knowing that there were plenty of gullible people with disposable income who also wanted to "live" his gaming dream world.

So, that's where we are today with this massive money-sink; Roberts is trying to create the world that he wants to live in, in game form. It is literally the epitome of scope and feature creep because it is based on his whims and flights of fancy.

I have no doubt that in the near future Star Citizen will be used as a case study for how not to approach game/software design in college courses, the same way that the Denver International Airport baggage handling system was used as how to not approach systems design when I was in college.

And thats the point, in doing so he crippled the release of Star Citizens space sim. Constant delays and reworking the games engine to make this crap.

5. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 10:52 Darks

This whole thing is just baffling, This kind of addon to the game should have came out after the original intended game was finished.

I dont see how anyone can be supportive of this kind of crap being created for a game that was supposed to be a space flight sim in an open sand box.

Its this Bullshit that has all of us backers up in arms.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
39. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 23:45 Darks

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 19:42:
Darks wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 19:25:
loomy wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 13:52:
Darks wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 13:50:
Star Shit! Now we have Star Marine, more time wasted on side shit that could have been better used for the main game.

note the intelligence of the average star citizen critic. thinks getting shooting working is a waste of time

No you guy, its the fact that the game was never, ever promised to have this kind of FPS added to the game. It was supposed to be a space flight sim, that's whats got many up in arms over this game and Chris Roberts and his endless drama to feature creep and expand the game far beyond its original intent.

I'm guessing the majority of backers (50.1%) are probably fine with this even though the rules have changed.
Those backers, like yourself, in the lower 49.9% hopefully will get something for their investment.

How much are you in for Darks?, if you don't mind me asking.

60, but thats not my bitch about all of this. its the time its taking for that bastard to get the damn game done. which Is why Im pissed about this kind of stupid content thats dragging the main part of the game down and slowing its release.

I think myself and many others who funded this on Kick-starter have been more then patient with Roberts and his obsessive feature creeping the hell out of the game.

30. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 19:25 Darks

loomy wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 13:52:
Darks wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 13:50:
Star Shit! Now we have Star Marine, more time wasted on side shit that could have been better used for the main game.

note the intelligence of the average star citizen critic. thinks getting shooting working is a waste of time

No you fucking moron, its the fact that the game was never, ever promised to have this kind of FPS bullshit added to the game. It was supposed to be a space flight sim, that's whats got many up in arms over this game and Chris fucking Roberts and his endless drama to feature creep and expand the game far beyond its original intent.

6. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 13:50 Darks

Star Shit! Now we have Star Marine, more time wasted on side shit that could have been better used for the main game. Just unbelievable the sheer amount of time and money wasted on this kind of bullshit  

News Comments > Descent: Underground Next Year?
1. Re: Descent: Underground Next Year? Dec 14, 2016, 10:51 Darks

Boring!!!  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer
12. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer Dec 12, 2016, 16:05 Darks

Well, that's just lame if that's how they strip you after each map. Even War-hammer 40K the RTS one that had coop would let you keep what you found and progress with it. Seems really asinine if they went this route.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer
6. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer Dec 12, 2016, 12:00 Darks

Trevellian wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:18:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 10:46:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 10:36:
I was super looking forward to this game but after the Beta I refunded the pre order on Steam.

Tons of crashing bugs.

No AI director, which is something a L4D style game needs (Hell even Vermintide has one), all mobs spawn in the same position on the maps every time. You can learn the entire spawn positions in 5 runs and the game becomes boring and dull.

No actual character progression, it uses MOBA style progression where you level up and equip yourself with what you've unlocked on the map then lose it when you move on to the next, makes absolutely no sense.

The devs were too lazy to figure out how to balance the Heavy Flamer so they just removed one of the most iconic weapons from the game.

They at least hit all the aesthetic parts right, which is refreshing after Space Marine failed at that. Perhaps if they spent as much time on the game as they did on these high quality trailers it would have come out great.

Can't speak for the single player as we never had access to it. Maybe the story is good, but it still wouldn't warrant a 34(40 after early adopter price) dollar purchase from me for all the other bugs right now. This game needed at least 6 more months and then maybe it would have come out bug free, but that still wouldn't have fixed the overarching issues.

I was a huge fan of their last game, E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. Didn't try the beta of this or look too deep into it beyond a handful of videos. Is Deathwing at all comparable? I'm not a big fan of the WH40k series, but infused with the dev's unique weirdness and addictive gameplay of EYE it should be right up my alley.

Like I said we couldn't play Single Player so I'm not sure how that aspect compares to E.Y.E. at all. I remember that game having actual character progression and skill points and such, this has none of that at least in Multiplayer.

In Multi. You kill shit, level up, it unlocks a new ability or weapon all MOBA style and you go back to fighting. After the map is over you lose all that progress. Which completely ruins the urge to want to repeatedly slog through the same maps with the same mob placement over and over. I assume that placement will still hold true in Singleplayer. In fact going out on a limb here I'm assuming the Multiplayer map objectives are probably the exact same as the story ones on the same maps just without the actual narative. Just a hunch though.

I really, really wanted this game to be good. At least on par of quality with L4D and Vermintide in the gameplay aspect. So I'm also being very hard on the glaring issues that this game is lacking which made the others have hours of replay.

Well, good thing I didn't buy this game for PVP MOBA crap. I'm in it for the Coop Campaign, that's the real meat of this game.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2016, 12:31 Darks

I seriously doubt this is true, they are not going to try and hack from a location that will lead back to them. That would be very mature if it was them, so I doubt theirs any truth to this.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups
10. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups Dec 7, 2016, 10:55 Darks

Hump wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:44:
Placid wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 04:12:
I got put on the beta waiting list

at least you got thru. Even after I log in it keeps throwing me back to the log-in page....

Same here, I thought it was just me. Fricking UBI, why cant they get their shit straight!!

News Comments > No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners
21. Re: No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners Dec 6, 2016, 16:38 Darks

Beamer wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 08:12:
I think you guys are kind of being extremely cynical of the "why" here.

PCF was bought by Epic, who made this game with them. It was published by EA, and sadly, on Games for Windows. It flopped. Not because of GFW, it flopped on consoles, too. Homefront, one of the worst FPS games I played on that console generation, outsold it.

PCF also did GoW:Judgment, which got poor reviews. Plenty of the top people at PCF left and founded that Shadow Warrior company. From what I gather, PCF was gutted, and their design philosophy not so much fitting in with Epic's, so Epic let them buy themselves, and their IP, back.

This left PCF with a game, but a damaged reputation and not a huge amount of cash. They'd need to prove themselves to get a publisher. Yeah, there's talent there, but the best known and most experienced talent is with... Wild Hogs? War Hogs? Flying Hogs? Whatever.

Which is why this is coming out. It's a remaster of a prereleased IP. It's safe, as it can be done quickly and you know it won't sell a huge amount, but will sell something. Gearbox is taking some risk, but not huge risk, and doing this more to help them out than to make money. No one expects to get rich on this, but PCF is hoping to get a cash infusion to start something new, as well as something they can point to and say "we did that. Us. The group currently sitting in front of you."

It's this, or it's begging for money on Kickstarter for something that may not even get released. I'd prefer they do a rerelease of existing IP, to get it in front of a new audience, and only asking for money once something is released, than do another Kickstarter.

I get what you are saying here about them probably needing this to make some money to start up a new title. But with all the backlash thats going on here about this game going full price is bad for them.

If the devs don't wise up quickly, they will end up losing out on more money in the end. If they had thought about this wisely and said yea OK, we see that this price is a bit to high and rethink about releasing the game at around 30 dollars, I think the backlash would be far less and they will end up making more money in the end.

Because as it stands now, hardly anyone is about to spend 50 dollars on a rehashed remaster version. And the pre-order to get Duke is Bullshit. That should be apart of the full game no matter what. To me them doing that is a strong arm tactic. Those dont usually go over well and end up backfiring on them.

News Comments > No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners
3. Re: Why No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners Dec 5, 2016, 19:31 Darks

Yea, well guess what Randy? Skipping it. At least until its in the 5 to 10 dollar bin. Really ridiculous they are trying to clip EVERYONE full price, especially those of us who bought the damn game originally.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
32. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 22:17 Darks

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 20:24:
Sigh. If you haven't played MWO in the last 18-24 months, you really shouldn't offer an opinion. The game shifted *dramatically* when PGI split from IGP. It is, at its core a f2p Mechwarrior battle arena game much like World of Tanks/Warships. It's not p2w or p2p. Hell, BattleTech by Harebrained probably wouldn't have happened if not for PGI entering an arrangement to share all the models and rigs. People bitched about MWO not having single player....people are already bitching about MW5 not having multiplayer. Laughable.

At the end of the day there are two truisms to be taken into account.
- Don't preorder. PGI has a history that should give any consumer pause on an unreleased product. It took them YEARS to get MWO to a decent state.
- Don't buy on release date. Watch reviews. The key to this title is going to be how long the campaign is...and what they leave out. That will determine how many DLC packs you'll be looking at to get the full experience.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. at the end of the day its still fucking PVP. I would really like to see a Mech game come out that finally has Coop.

Mechs usually dont run around soloing everything and every mission. The John Wayne bullshit has to end at some point. these guys are missing a big opportunity to set a new standard for Mech 5 but they are blowing it.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
5. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 12:31 Darks

Yea, so lets not make it Coop so it wouldn't have to compete with that monetized shitfest game they have now.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
13. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 16:35 Darks

Prez wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 15:42:
If I remember correctly the Blues crowd was largely negative on this game. I actually thought it was fun as hell though.

Well, I wasn't one of those who bashed it. I actually liked the game too. but Im not about to pay full price for a game I already own, just so they can say hey look, we enhanced the graphics. But in the end, its very little that they did to enhance anything but their own pockets.

2630 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo