Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 2415 (Senior)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy
29. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 22:11 Darks

Razumen wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 16:38:
Darks wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 16:19:
Razumen wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:57:
Darks wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 14:47:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 14:01:
Darks wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 13:52:
Secondly. when you have steam there is absolutely no reason at all to have a micro-transactions when Steams has its own built in transaction store as it is. So what reason could they implement this other then trying to sidestep Values process?

Where are you getting that they're not running this through Steam? Their site mentions the Steam Market several times.

Some of you guys are just dumb as hell. I didn't say they weren't using it. I said why are they trying to sidestep it when they all ready have Steams process built in?

Why add a transaction market when you already have steams? What logical reason could they or anyone really have for this type of shenanigans.

Because they want it integrated it in the game itself? That's like asking why Dota has a store in the game when Steam has a marketplace already, it's easier for the player and more streamlined.

OH? is that the excuse?

Steam requires all DLC to be purchasable through either it or it's marketplace, so yes, that's their "excuse", it's just another front end.

Stop constructing pathetic things to be offended about.

No, I don't think I will, so if you don't like it get the fuck out.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 16:19 Darks

Razumen wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:57:
Darks wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 14:47:
Secondly. when you have steam there is absolutely no reason at all to have a micro-transactions when Steams has its own built in transaction store as it is. So what reason could they implement this other then trying to sidestep Values process?

Where are you getting that they're not running this through Steam? Their site mentions the Steam Market several times.

Some of you guys are just dumb as hell. I didn't say they weren't using it. I said why are they trying to sidestep it when they all ready have Steams process built in?

Why add a transaction market when you already have steams? What logical reason could they or anyone really have for this type of shenanigans.

Because they want it integrated it in the game itself? That's like asking why Dota has a store in the game when Steam has a marketplace already, it's easier for the player and more streamlined.

OH? is that the excuse?

20. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 14:47 Darks

11. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 13:52 Darks

007Bistromath wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 13:29:
Darks wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 10:37:
And again, its you that needs to read and understand. I said anytime devs go adding a micro market it gets people all steamed up. Same thing here. if they want to add cosmetic crap then add it as DLC they don't need an in game market.

I understood perfectly; your original post used the exact words "pay to win." If you're just being so incredibly sloppy with that term that you're not bothering to differentiate between mechanical and cosmetic items then your opinion isn't worth considering, because you will happily invent a reason to complain where none presents itself. You don't like the game, fine. That means you're not affected by this and should toddle off elsewhere.

Wrong, first of you need to get a clue. When people like you sit there defending this shit that's a problem. its saying its OK to let devs implement this bullshit which is why we are seeing this shit more and more.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2015, 12:53 Darks

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 10:35:
Darks wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 09:50:
What a dumb question, that's like asking if having more lanes on a freeway makes traffic flow better. Well of course it does. but it also depends on the game and how its written. So this is a trick question.

Well, dude, ya read the article? Nope. Of course you haven't or you would have come across this one here...

In our tests, all the tested games ran with no problems with “only” 4 GiB. In some games, it seems even to run with more fps with 4 GiB than with more RAM.

So the question is by far not as "dumb" as you seem to think it is. Less knee-jerking for you, Sir, lest you make yourself look "dumb".

CJ piss off!!

And its exactly what I said you dumbass about how the games are coded and written. Dohh!!!

And BTW, its not about the ram so much anymore as it is the GPU. I seriously have doubts about how these guys did their test.

4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 10:37 Darks

007Bistromath wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 10:10:
Darks wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 09:45:
Well, the new one is pretty much the same old crap, gets very old and boring after a while. I wish I could undo using this and just give it way to someone, because I wont ever go back to this game again. Its just not that much fun.

The point of the game is figuring out how to use the different classes. If you stopped before the firebug and demo were added, you've missed some pretty big changes. Overall, it can get a little tedious while we're waiting for them to finish the last four classes, but since there's already a pretty decent custom mapping scene, there's still some interesting variety.

no one is going to chastise them over DLC, but as soon as a pay to win market is added to the game, all hell breaks loose.

At least read the article, dude. The stuff they're adding is cosmetic. Hats, basically. People are just throwing a temper tantrum because they're not done being angry at Overkill.

No, you need to read what I said, the point of my comment was the game is the same old shit over and over. And yes I recently played this. I saw nothing that changed my mind about the game.

And again, its you that needs to read and understand. I said anytime devs go adding a micro market it gets people all steamed up. Same thing here. if they want to add cosmetic crap then add it as DLC they don't need an in game market.

And don't think for a second that this wont get out of hand later on when they star adding more crap to the market.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2015, 09:50 Darks

What a dumb question, that's like asking if having more lanes on a freeway makes traffic flow better. Well of course it does. but it also depends on the game and how its written. So this is a trick question.  

1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 09:45 Darks

Ended up getting this game free from a contest I won. liked the first one but it really got old after awhile running around surviving the wave, then run to the vendor.

Well, the new one is pretty much the same old crap, gets very old and boring after a while. I wish I could undo using this and just give it way to someone, because I wont ever go back to this game again. Its just not that much fun.

I really don't understand why developers just don't leave well enough alone. no one is going to chastise them over DLC, but as soon as a pay to win market is added to the game, all hell breaks loose.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 23, 2015, 11:55 Darks

I many be biased, but there is no way that this shit hole of a game is better then Fallout 4.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
3. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 10:17 Darks

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 10:15:
I must stress however that we cannot currently make any promises but these are things we will be discussing as we move forward.

"We'll talk about it, ok? Happy? Now go buy some more shit!"

Stick a fork in this one, its done.

all of the apologizes in the world wont save this game now.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
44. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 19:01 Darks

Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 18:53:
ventry wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 17:18:
Aero wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 19:27:
I'd say there's about a 75% chance if I use a terminal, I'll get stuck to it. I understand that's common enough to cast some serious doubt over their QA effort.

Well that's the funny thing.
I have never been stuck to a terminal.
My 2 sons have never been stuck to a terminal.
My friends son has never been stuck to a terminal.

It's funny indeed, because the reason some people are getting stuck is because their hardware is "too good". Google it. You're fucked if this game runs above 90fps.

In all seriousness, why do you even need to run the game over 60fps? Your just asking for problems when you guys go outside the prams with this crap. I have none, zero sympathy for anyone who thinks they need to run their game above 60. The Human eye cant even go beyond that or even keep up. Its pointless and senseless.

Case and point, people who are tweaking their system and the game to run outside of what the game was designed for and why it was locked down to 60 in the first place. Gluten's for punishment is what you are.

But hey, keep on telling us the game is broken when its you ass clowns that are breaking it.

26. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 08:40 Darks

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 20:44:
Games like this almost always only QA the critical path stuff. Everything else is a 'if you can get through it once, ship it' kind of affair. Given that Bethsoft knows the PC folks will always do the heavy lifting as well makes them cheap and lazy to boot.

Sorry, brother, but I really doubt that is the case. I'm pretty sure with 100 QA testers they have tried testing every little approach. Sometimes you just don't see them all when dealing with a game of this shear size.

I can only give a reference to when we created our two mods how we tested the game over and over and even had other people we brought in to help us test the mod.

We thought we had all of the issues locked down. But sure enough, as soon as we released the game to the public someone would always find something that we never thought of. It was a head scratcher for sure how we missed it, but there it was starring us right in the face.

You really cant call them being cheap, im pretty sure that's the furthest thing they were when this game was being QAed.

25. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 08:30 Darks

Truthfully, I cant say one bad thing about the game so far. I have well over 31 hours in now and I have not experienced one issue.

I love the game, its been a fantastic and fun game to explore.

My hat is off to Bethesda, they did a really nice job with the game and the immersion factor.

If I had one item to really complain about it would be the lack of Subways so far that I have found. Only one, but I have not gone though Boston much. Only her outskirts where the old Church is at for the under ground railway.

Again, I have had no crashes, no lockups and no lag or micro stuttering at all or issues related to this game.

I have my game installed on my 500 GB SSD. so I'm sure that helps.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up
17. Re: Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up Nov 19, 2015, 10:22 Darks

walrus1 wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:23:
Tom wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:18:
GMG totally screwed up the Battlefront pre-order. Tons of people got keys late, and then those keys didn't even work. Now people are waiting for GMG customer service to do something about it. And of course there are still plenty of people reporting they haven't even got keys at all yet.

DO NOT trust these guys with a pre-order. Personally, I won't be doing business with them again. This was not worth it to save $15. Can't play with my friend for a second night. I should've just ordered direct from Origin.

I've preordered a few times from them and never ever had a problem. I also haven't heard about these "tons" of people who got their keys late.

Same here, I buy from them all the time and have had no issues at all.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
87. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 16:40 Darks

Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 16:10:
Fallout 4 is very fun! The complainers complain because they basically like to bitch about things. It's a mental health issue.

Ill go in agreement with this. I love the game I didn't expect perfection nor was I looking for it, and that was fine by me. I'm enjoying it for what it is. An Open world Post Apocalyptic game. And that is what I like.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
26. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 12:10 Darks

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:51:
Task wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:28:
Also dipped down to 77%

Source?

What the what. Metacritic shows a user score of 50%, is that being gamed?

Drayth wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:46:
Lord Tea wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:31:
Because the PC port is a $60 catastrophe that can't be played with a mouse/keyboard in its current state and form.

Huh? Left handed people are complaining because you can't map the num-pad keys, but otherwise...?

Autohotkey to the rescue?

Yea, this shit gets on my nerves all the time with many games. not allowing us to full re-bind keys is getting tiresome.

Whats also driving me insane is when I rebound the Arrow keys to move with, you cant use those same keys for picking a lock. What the Fuck Bethesda????

So to fix this fuckup, you leave the defaulted bindings for moving and then use AutoHotKey to remap them to the arrows. Fixed! its enough to drive one insane.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt
6. Re: PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt Nov 13, 2015, 12:03 Darks

nin wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 10:26:
Devs sure shot themselves in the foot over this whole mess...

No dude, they blew that foot completely off with a shotgun. left a big mess too. Screw these devs, im glad i never got the second game.

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
43. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:01 Darks

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 15:45:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:26:
Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:32:
Your so full of shit. You guys and your bullshit whining over SLI. I have no sympathy for anyone who waste money on a second 980 card that is not needed.
Envy is a nasty emotion. It's not my fault you're poor.

Blue wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:40:
Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:32:
Your so full of shit. You guys and your bullshit whining over SLI. I have no sympathy for anyone who waste money on a second 980 card that is not needed.

Well it's only not needed if SLI goes unsupported.

Completely puzzled by this comment.

These were two awesome answers.

I don't even use SLI but I know what Theyarecomingforyou is talking about. Triple A titles shouldn't completely ignore PC Master Race benefits even if they are in the minority of users.

Question is, did any of the past Fallout Games or Skyrim have SLI? if not, then theirs your answer. I personally wont waste my time or money with SLI. I've seen a few of my friends have it and had all kinds of issues with it. Not worth the headaches or wasting money on.

Just to point out what I'm talking about. this.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1526010

39. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 15:29 Darks

harlock wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 15:06:
no in-game FOV slider doh

That hasn't been confirmed yet, not on any sites I've read a review on at least. But not a deal breaker. Mods will eventually add it.

I would find it hard to believe since ESO had this feature and you would think by now Bethesda knows this is a major gripe

28. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 13:14 Darks

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:45:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:26:
Gamers shouldn't have to edit .ini files to get around a restriction that shouldn't exist. If they want to limit the framerate it should be a in-game option. It's not like high refresh rate monitors or SLI are uncommon.

Gamers in general don't know or care what "60fps" even means... The restriction is there by default because the engine's physics tend to freak out at high framerates, and preventing that for the vast majority of people is a higher priority than relieving you of a small inconvenience. It's not an in-game option because it's not supported, they can't guarantee high framerates won't break things. If you want to take on the risk of causing glitches, shut the hell up and tweak it yourself, nobody's stopping you.

Somebody with a brain! Well said...

2415 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo