Descending
Limit Results:

52 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: No subject
Aug 16, 2005, 15:56
Re: No subject Aug 16, 2005, 15:56
Aug 16, 2005, 15:56

%48..hahahaha.. thats fairytail land for an OS that largly was not installed in OEM form on pre built systems. Win2k is a profesional OS, the majority of pc users went from win98/me (if they manage to run the setup without crashing) to winxp. I love win2k.. it has much less overhead..much less bloat, and is a very clean OS to work in. I find games in it do less cache swaping then in xp. My non game systems use xp (it is faster to boot up in, esp on my laptop) but I dont do anything performance related on them.

Re: ok
Aug 16, 2005, 13:39
Re: ok Aug 16, 2005, 13:39
Aug 16, 2005, 13:39

Id wait for a content patch. The game really needs some fine tuning. Catch my post in the ds2 patch thread below for details.

BTW theres a work around for the windows XP thing, if you can install the game in XP somewhere..even on another computer, you can copy the whole directory to a win2k of your choice and it runs perfectly.

better patch needed
Aug 16, 2005, 13:34
better patch needed Aug 16, 2005, 13:34
Aug 16, 2005, 13:34

Actually I was hoping for more. 2.0 has bugs.

Theres a rare CTD, annoying as hell as it will force you to reclear all monsters from the last static portal.. NOT the last save! Statuses of unique mobs are saved, and when they die, the area they reside in respawns with less mobs, but if there not dead, everything respawns. Ok and It happened to me as soon as I saw a purple armor hit the floor.

Caster pets still attack mobs off screen and refuse to listen to your commands. But this could just be poor design (honestly, I actually stoped casting that stupid pet. made pulls 10x easier).

Respawns during your gametime are...questionable. I honestly dont think they are supposed to respawn! Its all random... areas I clear not 5 minutes ago get one or two stragler respawns. Originaly I thought it was just to piss you off if you die and go to recover your corpse.. but full powered glowing-ring mini-boss mobs have respawned right behind me!

Low level set loot droping off high level mobs. I guess this would be nice if your still looking to compleate that one set you started collecting 10 hours ago.. but you are so far in the game, you have blues that are better.

Aside from that, id like to see some simple game play additions made..especialy a workable attack pattern selector like in DS1. %90 of the fights in DS2, my healer and archer are clustered right next to my main tank. You will find that if your archer specializes in bows and arrows, your later abilities become useless because they rely on powering up your shots by shooting from long distances. And as for your healer..well you dont want her right next to you, pulling agro or getting hit by area effects. and you can forget trying to fix it mid-fight, you cant select one person and issue him to move without telling your entire party to move. Another stupid design.

The games fun..just..stupid fun.

Re: not really
Jan 31, 2005, 14:10
Re: not really Jan 31, 2005, 14:10
Jan 31, 2005, 14:10

It's not that it can't.. it's that PS wont for speed hacking reasons. You see there TWO types of speed hacking. The planetside devs said they couldn't fix one, without opening the other. ie. both can't be "fixed" at the same time. So they choose to simply attach a logger for the speedstep exploit which is most likely the smallest user base of the 2 hacks.

Jan 31, 2005, 11:18
Re: not really Jan 31, 2005, 11:18
Jan 31, 2005, 11:18

jim, actually they CAN fix it.. but that actually open up another avanue to another speed hack. Maybe it's because the game dosnt dynamicly change its speed that prevents normal speedhacks. So they said it's not really something they can stop, so instead they have logging software that will log anytime it happens. It's just strange that someone must be told to look at it manually to find out when someone is cheating rather then it be an automated process.

Jan 30, 2005, 16:49
Re: not really Jan 30, 2005, 16:49
Jan 30, 2005, 16:49

Planetside from all the time iv'e been on it (day 1, then left for about a year, playing again now) I havn't found an aimbot hack for it. It has had a few exploitable bugs (ps was originaly fully client sided, this allowed users to simulate a temporary linkdeath, kill the people who are now not moving on their screen, then let the game catch up and boom, the other guys die) that are fixed (still alot of client side, but makes all attempts to freeze your game once your lag is above 1.5 seconds or so). there is still the issue that dell laptop users with SpeedStep tech can "accelerate" their game, thus their run speed. A bug that can't really be "stopped", how ever someone can report the user, logs can then be checked (user does not need to be caught in the act by a GM), and the user will be banned.

I like PS, its not the best, but no body else is doing large team based first person shooters!

Re: TF Source
Dec 1, 2004, 11:35
Re: TF Source Dec 1, 2004, 11:35
Dec 1, 2004, 11:35

yea, I been wantig some team fortress for year now. :/ the team doing the UT version has been slacking off for...well years.

A source version would own, but if its anything like classic, you can keep it. I much prefer the current era/futuristic (Quake3's was great) version of tf.

dont be stupid
Dec 1, 2004, 11:32
dont be stupid Dec 1, 2004, 11:32
Dec 1, 2004, 11:32

usualy if a game plays laggy even though the connection isn't, usualy means it is the server that is slow. I have no doubt some of the servers you will find on the first day are not dedicated, and may even be a severly underpowered computer, simply cause people dont know any better.

its a screenshot..kinda
Nov 30, 2004, 22:35
its a screenshot..kinda Nov 30, 2004, 22:35
Nov 30, 2004, 22:35

that IS a screenshot...photoshoped.

The scene.. models.. level.. gun and toilet can easily be taken by any joe if Half life had a death match mode. How ever the halos (glows), some smoothing, tochups are indeed photoshoped.. UNLESS they have done some seirouse coding and actually plan to add this in the form of an upgrade? the glows and such are not unlike that of what we have seen in some of the world war 2 games and starwars battleground. they used a shader to create a motion blur-esq over saturated image. I can see something like that easily being plugged into halflife (its a full screen effect that will work reguardless of game/d3 engine, its just an effect filter).. how ever the screen shot looks way well done, so I may just be dreaming here.

the clueless
Nov 30, 2004, 05:41
the clueless Nov 30, 2004, 05:41
Nov 30, 2004, 05:41

I dont see any problem with it. This isnt about showing the cd up your ass for 10 grand. This is about a shop who makes there money by renting computers using HL2/CS source to generate alot more money in a way the baught copy liscensing does not allow. Its the same thing with movie rentals. You cannot just buy a movie from best buy and start renting it.

If you seriously have a problem with valve trying to make more money with monthly cost from other people who make there money from per use cost (After all, why do you need to keep paying for a computer thats all ready baught? why dosn the cafe stop charging once the computer is paid for?) then I can name about a half a million other buisnesses you can complain to. This is how it works, stfu.

Re: No subject
Mar 24, 2004, 12:13
Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 12:13
Mar 24, 2004, 12:13

I hope it bombs a fiery death so as it be a warning to any future world war fps games. BF:Vietnam avoided bombing a fiery death because millions of suckers will buy the game before realising it sucks.

You are probably right
Mar 17, 2004, 10:03
You are probably right Mar 17, 2004, 10:03
Mar 17, 2004, 10:03

no crashing, but i am getting sound bugs that were not in the demo. Many others as well, generally a volume differences issue with the main effects slider (ie menu sounds being much louder then in game weapons and voices)

52 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older