Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2464 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story
6. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 06:59 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 03:30:
Guessed I missed Levine leaving 2k, probably better off, best of luck!
He hasnt.

"Ghost Story" is nothing more than a rebranded "Irrational Games". This new company still belongs to Take2. See the site footer: "© 2002-2017 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2017, 09:09 Kajetan

Pigeon wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 08:39:
This sounds more like a nuke it from orbit strategy, targeting anything that even hints at infringement, regardless of actual content, and then issuing take downs for sites that don't even exist yet, but could exist in the future, and might have infringing material on it. That's nuts, and Google is okay with it, they just don't want more rules. I shudder to think what more would look like.
Do you know what this is?

Its probably fraud. Probable DMCA takedown fraud by the service contractor the rights holder use to enforce their copyright:

https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-site-with-no-traffic-attracts-49m-mainly-bogus-dmca-notices-170219/

"So in summary, APDIF makes up its own URLs, MP3Toys randomly generates a page of music that has nothing to do with the URL input, APDIF logs it as an infringement of its clients’ rights, and sends a complaint to Google."

Like the click fraud some service contractors are doing in the realm of online advertising, this seems to me like "DMCA notice fraud" to scam the copyright holders.

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2017, 07:05 Kajetan

Quboid wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 23:07:
People without money should be able to submit claims without worrying that a mistake will result in heavy penalties, ...
A DMCA claim should be a sharp scalpel, used for a very specific, well reasoned purpose. Its misuse should result in a hefty fine. Because you can cause real damage, if you misuse it, be it on purpose or accidently.

A DMCA notice should NOT be a blunt mace, which any shmuck can wiggle around without ever thinking one second about it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Feb 22, 2017, 07:34 Kajetan

NotOneOfUs wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 01:25:
Perplexing to see someone from Digital Devolver of all places get caught up in political bullshit fever.
Why? DD was started to make things differently in the biziness and they DO things differently. Especially their marketing is doing things VERY differently. Lightyears away from the boring hyperbole of the majors, DD always made funny, witty and ... well, honest marketing campaigns for their games. No nonsense with optimized screenshots, faked gameplay trailers and such things.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2017, 11:03 Kajetan

Peeeling wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 09:45:
Tell me again about how one of the richest corporations in the industry is doing it wrong.
They are doing everything right until it all goes wrong. Then everybody wales and whines and asks: WHY HAVENT WE SEEN THIS COMING???

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2017, 03:15 Kajetan

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 00:02:
Ok. So who the fuck paid for this Rhombus of Ruin VR shit? Double Fine or the people who kickstarted/figged Psychonauts 2?
Relax. Sony paid for this VR version ...

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
12. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 7, 2017, 03:38 Kajetan

Rhett wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 22:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 20:52:
Gold sellers and gold farmers will have a field day
I don't know, ever since the end of the previous expansion you've been able to redeem gold for tokens. Some people even saved up over a dozen tokens (due to gold being very easy to get until this last expansion).

This is more of.. keeping the money flowing within their own games. Now you can play WoW, or are kept more "interested" in playing WoW, to earn more gold, to get a token to redeem for more WoW time, to play and make more gold, to get a token to redeem for "free" (lol) Overwatch boxes.
Still, Gold sellers and farmers will have a field day

Blizzard made them nearly extinct by simply increasing the amount of gold you can "earn" in the game with questing, looting and crafting. Gold ceased to be a problem entirely!!

But since introduction of the very expensive) tokens, ingame gold is once again a rare commodity. And this move only worsens the situation.

And i thought at Blizzard they have learned their lesson ... but hey, people leave. And take their knowledge and experience with them.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 2, 2017, 08:29 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 03:47:
Didn't they poor a bunch of money into Homefront sequel? The one that failed big time, probably more so than the original.
Crytek sold the game two (?) years ago to DeepSilver/Koch Media.

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
21. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 2, 2017, 03:31 Kajetan

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 02:21:
If this was proven to be an accurate depiction of events, ...
But it wasnt proven ...

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2017, 10:50 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 19:18:
Don't fake reviews as a developer.

That should be obvious.
Yes, let other people fake positive reviews

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
34. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 18, 2017, 10:28 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 05:49:
The only idiots who are complaining ...
Yes, unlike the idiot who does NOTHING ELSE like complaining about other people being idiots. CJ, get help. Please.

News Comments > DiRT Showdown for Free
13. Re: DiRT Showdown for Free Jan 13, 2017, 04:15 Kajetan

Rigs wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 03:53:
Call of Duty? There's no CoD in that bundle. World At War is on sale, but not part of the bundle that shows from that link in the story.
Not in THAT bundle, true. But the whole winter sale contains way more than the games you find from that link and i thought you meant the entire sales campaign

News Comments > DiRT Showdown for Free
11. Re: DiRT Showdown for Free Jan 13, 2017, 03:49 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:37:
Stranger than Dirt Showdown for free is the fact that I haven't heard of a single game in that sale...
You have never heard of Call of Duty?

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jan 9, 2017, 09:01 Kajetan

No1? That must be all the folks, who vowed to never buy another CoD game, as long as it comes with a SF setting. Apparantly, old habits die hard ...  

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
15. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 4, 2017, 03:19 Kajetan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 22:50:
A new NOLF would be great!
And please let someone else do it than Nightdive Studios. They were soooo close to finally sort out the rights jungle, only to piss of Warner with a frivolous trademark registration for NOLF. They thought it would speed up the process, forcing Warner to finally make a descision. Well, Warner made a descision: They said "No, you will not get anything!".

I rarely get mad, but there was one moment of blood-red anger.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2016, 09:28 Kajetan

What do you expect from people, who only think in short term business gains and the Holy Magic of the Great Trickle Down?  

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
28. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 21, 2016, 08:20 Kajetan

NetHead wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 07:39:
Their engine tech has always been impressive, Far Cry eventually came out of a tech demo for their engine (think they got some funding from Nvidia and turned it into a game, memory's really foggy but there's probably still some old videos floating around regarding it).
That's right. At first they wanted to make some kind of dinosaur game like Jurrasic Park on the basis of their "Dinosaur Island" tech demo, which featured mainly massive vegetation rendering. Ubisoft stepped in as a major financing partner and steered the direction to a more traditional shooter.

But sadly the Yerlis never understood the importance of creating a complete (!) engine package, including full support for third party tools and full service for developers. They had only interest in creating the best renderer. Nothing more is the CryEngine. A dammned good renderer with still the best and most accurate lighting effects ... and then some half-assed code to make a "game engine".

But the people creating this renderer are longer around. You already mentioned top personnel going to id Software. Two years ago the core engine team including the "inventor" of the modern CryEngine, left to found CIG Frankfurt. I doubt they will find enough good programming talent to continue the CryEngine as a competitive renderer.

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
26. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 21, 2016, 04:04 Kajetan

NetHead wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 18:08:
I vaguely remember them opening way more studios than made sense. Now that they're closing "five studios in five countries" the first thing that came to mind was where the hell are all the games. The only recent one I remember is The Climb which has a tiny potential customer base.
Crytek made good money with defense contracting. Simulators for the german army and the arms industry. I know someone who quit his job at Crytek for that specific reason. He said, that he wanted to make shooters and not murder simulations. Which sounds funny at first, but it is the destinction between making a game that people can have fun with and making a simulation to help people to actually better kill other people for realz.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
44. Re: the number of nebo is 12 Dec 18, 2016, 06:09 Kajetan

Kosumo wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 02:05:
Anyone who believes in him is a fool and needs help.
I see only one person, who needs help ...

News Comments > No PC CoD: Infinite Warfare Trial
2. Re: No PC CoD: Infinite Warfare Trial Dec 13, 2016, 03:46 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 23:35:
I doubt they'll even release another CoD on PC
And then they do. As every year. And every year someone says: Gee, I doubt they'll even release another CoD on PC.

2464 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo