Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2488 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
23. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 04:19 Kajetan

xLith wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 20:24:
I too wish I could just keep everything on Steam but those days are long gone.
They are not. I too prefer everything in one place or ideally no DRM at all. Therefore i simply do not buy games, which force me to use other clients.

Does that mean i have to pass on certain games? Yes, it does. I am ok with that, because there are so many games on GOG or Steam i'm interested in, that i DO NOT NEED what EA, Ubisoft or MS have to offer on their shopping/DRM platforms.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
3. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 19:03 Kajetan

Probably only via Windows Store ...  

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Announced
4. Re: Spintires: MudRunner Announced Aug 18, 2017, 13:21 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 11:28:
So wait, this is published by Focus and developed by Sabre. So the original developer's not involved in this at all?
He is. He now works for the new studio.

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
16. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 16, 2017, 07:55 Kajetan

FloorPie wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 14:14:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 12:50:
"Battle" is a military term. Maybe the wife of some CEO thought that the company has to be more family friendly.
Chicks ruin everything.
I once worked for a company, where employees and customers alike had to suffer through horrible descisions, brought upon the world by the clueless wife of an already not very competent CEO.

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
9. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 15, 2017, 12:50 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 12:20:
And this why marketing departments are nothing but a waste of time and money.
"Battle" is a military term. Maybe the wife of some CEO thought that the company has to be more family friendly.

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released
15. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released Aug 8, 2017, 15:07 Kajetan

Nullity wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 14:38:
After doing a little research, it seems as though there are conflicting reports, and there may still be permadeath, but it could have some conditional safeguards.
Jim Sterling died MANY times while he was trying to escape a gamebreaking glitch. Nothing happened. The guy at PCGAMESN died fifty times. Nothing happened. The blacking reaches a certain point, then stops. You can die after that happily again and again and again ... there seems to be no permadeath.

And yes, an official statement may be nice. While not liking permadeath, i actually prefer a game not lying to me. If the game says, there are consequences for dying too often, there better be consequences and not some cheap psycho trick.

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released
10. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released Aug 8, 2017, 14:20 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 13:57:
Permadeath!? Ugh. Still, I'll probably get this at some point on sale, it looks gorgeous.
Apparently, there is no permadeath. According to this article it's just a trick to increase tension:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/hellblade-senuas-sacrifice/hellblade-permadeath-bluff

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2017, 13:27 Kajetan

Nikan wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 12:01:
Please don't make me choose between EA and Trump.
Why not dislike both?

News Comments > For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers
12. Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 10:58 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 09:22:
Your shitty multiplayer infrastructure was not apparent with your testing? Methinks you should rephrase that sentence to "correct issues that were not apparent with a cursory glance, as we did no testing whatsoever."
They did test. But the test results were ignored, fixes were deemed to costly and the cheaper to implement P2P protocol was greenlit.

When an AAA game suffers from massive technical problems, QA did their job. QA does always the job they are supposed to do. But QA cant do a damn thing, when producers (or someone else in the management chain high enough) decide to cut corners to keep a specific release date or a budget threshold.

Regards, a former QA underling

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
20. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 07:27 Kajetan

Rigs wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 06:18:
I'm continually amazed when I look at everything early gaming devs squeezed into the 16k, 32k, 64k, 128k systems back in the day and now we can't have a AAA game without it being less than 30 gigs! I think all devs should be required to build one complete game in less than 128k before working on a AAA game. Maybe then they'd appreciate the added space modern tech allows...
Today there is no optmization necessary. The hardware can display big, high resolution textures and PCs and consoles have big, cheap data storgaes at their disposal. Internet connections are fast enough for enough customers and enough customers have flatrates, that people behind weak connections or transfer limits do not matter anymore.

And yes, 55GB is, AFAIK, the complete Halo 5 Guardians. For Forge they simply deactivated certain features but havent removed any game data. In theory, its possible to make a full Guardian release from Forge alone.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
17. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 05:46 Kajetan

Arithon wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 04:11:
Any time they make a good PC game, they kill the franchise and close the studio. Enjoying "Windows Gaming Live"? No, the servers are all turned off.
Still up. They only closed the GfWL marketplace a few years ago. GfWL server are still up and do their dirty deeds

But MS stopped further developement and security support. GfWL may be full of exploits, nobody at MS cares anymore about this software. It would be better to shut it down for real.

News Comments > Pyre Ignites
4. Re: Pyre Ignites Jul 27, 2017, 05:29 Kajetan

Qbex . wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 23:08:
I'm stoked for this, every other game those guys made was brilliant. Don't get too hung up around "this or that" game style mashed up inside, sum of all parts its what count. This one is fresh and stylish as a mf.
I dont question the style nor the execution of this game. This is still a Supergiant Games title after all.

But ... i'm not interested in the game itself. Fantasy baseball with heavy RPG elements is nothing i crave for ... if you do, good for you, have fun

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 25, 2017, 13:41 Kajetan

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 10:38:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 07:23:
Not even the models look like their appearances in ads. Heavy makeup plus Photoshop does the trick.
Hamburgers and other foods don't look the same either, it's advertising.
As already mentionded ... it's deceptive advertising!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 25, 2017, 07:23 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 21:10:
Yeah, except the fact that the vast majority of women wearing lingerie look nothing remotely close to a supermodel.
Not even the models look like their appearances in ads. Heavy makeup plus Photoshop does the trick.

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
20. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 20, 2017, 08:05 Kajetan

Wesp5 wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 07:06:
I agree! Why make such photo realistic demons and then have them drop colorful iconized goodies that kick you right out of the immersion? Why make the gameplay so obvious you-enter-a-combat-arena now? I played a few old Doom 1 and 2 levels recently and some were much more complicated and creative!
In level design, there is a difference between creating an arena and creating a somewhat believable setting, where baddies are hanging out and you just stumble upon them.

Doom 3 was a boring arena, its addon presented monsters in believable setting, where you don't had the impression all enemies were just waiting in tiny cupboards for you to come by. Doom 4 is a little bit in the middle. They try to make a "real" mars installation, but too often it degenerates in a simple arena fight.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Absolution Details
2. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Absolution Details Jun 30, 2017, 03:30 Kajetan

Rattican wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 21:23:
What's the last Call of Duty game that had single-player DLC as opposed to entirely multiplayer-focused DLC? I honestly can't remember one at all (except I guess the expansions for the original CoD games which weren't really classed as DLC at the time).
There was never ever any SP DLC for this series.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 19:24 Kajetan

Fion wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 12:53:
How on earth do you run out of money when you have $150 million budget? Let alone so out of money that you need a second loan from bankers?
Short answer: You don't. DS is just up for his usual "LOOK AT ME! I WANT TO BE RELEVANT!".

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
8. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week Jun 21, 2017, 03:28 Kajetan

Flatline wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 22:08:
15 dollars? LOLOLOL
No.
Yeah. It's a bit much. But like these Nova missions for SC2 i wait for a sale. Which Blizzard does more often like in the past, where you had to fork over 30 bucks on Battle.net for WC3 or D2 with addon.

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
4. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 10:42 Kajetan

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 09:30:
This can only mean one thing.
All the story and writing for HL2 Ep3 and HL3 is complete, Valve can finally start on the game development portion. Expect an announcement anyday now. heady times
Strange ... this does not get old

News Comments > Danger Zone Released
2. Re: Danger Zone Released May 30, 2017, 19:12 Kajetan

+1  

2488 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo