Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2319 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
17. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 3, 2016, 11:54 Kajetan

PHJF wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 02:14:
This isn't the actual NFSMW (which was fantastically fun), it's the rebooted Criterion one (which was pretty crappy).
Burnout Paradise was pretty fun, but forced into the NfS formula, with Cops ... this game here should be called Burnout Paradise 2 and in comparison to its predecessor it's worse. Hell, Criterion didnt even improve the horrible interface ...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bombshell Drops
14. Re: Bombshell Drops Jan 30, 2016, 17:27 Kajetan

Mercenar wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 14:18:
Why is the game so bad?
From a technical point ... it's ok. Every modern graphic tech included. No obvious bugs, runs pretty well.
From a gameplay point ... a simple action piece like the Shadowground games. Which can be very fun, if done right.

From a fun point ... it's so boring! Boooooooring! One boring cliche after another! Think of DNF, only more boring! If you put together every worn-out cliche of the 90s into one single game and then make it even MORE boring than just the sum of all these worn-out and tiresome cliches ... then you got "Bombshell".

Im so happy of the new refund feature

News Comments > GOG.com's Games in Development Program
4. Re: GOG.com's Games in Development Program Jan 28, 2016, 12:00 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 11:32:
Who has given in and bought AotS on gog or steam? Opinions on it?
Have it on Steam. Copy provided as a gift.

I played only skirmish. Its buggy, not very optimized (its an early build, there is still LOTS of work to do) ... but you can see a potentially very good RTS in the same vein of Supreme Commander. You churn out units and units, use mostly the tactical overview, sometimes you zoom in to look at the (very) pretty graphics ... it feels like Supreme Commander.

Should you spend money on it now? Depends ... if you are effin wealthy and you were a big fan of Supreme Commander, then yes, you should! If not ... wait for the release.

News Comments > GOG.com's Games in Development Program
2. Re: GOG.com's Games in Development Program Jan 28, 2016, 11:14 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 11:00:
This is yet another great example of why EA is not the way to go for games.
This is not the way for some games and devs. It is a perfect way for other games and devs like the people behind Kerbal Space Program, Darkest Dungeons or (only a few weeks until final release) Grim Dawn.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Preorders; Trailer
7. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Preorders; Trailer Jan 27, 2016, 14:28 Kajetan

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 10:20:
Am I the only one that is VERY skittish about any GW licensed products? Just look at the current Steam sale; it seems like they've made shovelware a hobby in the past few years.
For a long time they were very, VERY restrictive when licencing material for video games. Now they just go to the other extreme and give the license to ANYONE, who wants to make a Warhammer game of any sort, just by saying so. I'm pretty sure that i will get a Warhammer license only by asking and presenting some mediocre concept art.

Hmm, Easter holidays are coming ... why not?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 06:08 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 02:48:
Where are all the Blues cultists defending their vaporware? Did we luck out and get them all to quit visiting Blues out of resentment and disgust?
Yes, you can be proud of yourself. Good work!

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released
4. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released Jan 21, 2016, 03:04 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 02:24:
I hope this game has some surprising depth to it. It's been a while since Ive played a good RTS. Im going to wait for a few reviews and some word of mouth before committing though.
Totalbiscuit wasnt very impressed with the games AI. He beat it at trying Skirmish-Hard for the first time while recording his video. And yes, you can clearly see the AI is something the devs HAVE to work on.

The SP campaign seems to be decent and well produced. Overall he thought that HDOK is a decent RTS with lots of potential, but still a load of work to do.

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
22. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 13, 2016, 03:42 Kajetan

But isnt pre-ordering bad? Dont pre-order! Angel

Dont listen to him. Pre-order is great!! 20% off great!! Devil

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Funded
10. Re: Psychonauts 2 Funded Jan 7, 2016, 12:30 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 08:48:
I wonder if he'll actually finish this one.
Why should'nt he? The only failed project was DF-9.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Funded
6. Re: Psychonauts 2 Funded Jan 7, 2016, 04:53 Kajetan

EricFate wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 04:14:
I love the man, I love his games, but my god he can procrastinate with the best of them.
You have watched the Broken Age documentation? He's not very good in managing his own time.

Notes on the door "do not disturb until X" are usually a sign of someone struggling heavily with this, because he isnt used to it or (which would be more plausible) is too much involved in daily operations. You cannot be the managing director of your own company AND the Lead Designer of an important company project at the same time.

We will see if he has learned something from Broken Age. Or not.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans
8. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans Jan 7, 2016, 03:27 Kajetan

sauron wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 22:54:
One of my favorite FF games - will probably pick it up on release.
Please wait a few months. SE has the tendency to fuck up nearly every PC port of a FF game.

News Comments > Op Ed
55. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2016, 07:30 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 17:31:
DRM in the 90's had zero benefits to the end user.
There was no DRM in the 90s. You meant copy protection. Copy protection now is only a part of DRM.

News Comments > New Brutal Doom
13. Re: New Brutal Doom Jan 3, 2016, 07:51 Kajetan

Dacron wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 21:52:
Does this work with free doom?
The freedoom.wad is included with the full release. You dont need any .wad from the doom games.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 1, 2016, 10:59 Kajetan

harlock wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 18:51:
id imagine christ roberts is the ultimate "nightmare client" ... must be pure hell working in the actual RSI offices
Yeah, working for with Roberts on WC was Hell on Earth. That is the reason all those veterans from back then are now working once again with him on SC.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 30, 2015, 04:35 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 01:29:
Not sure where that's coming from.
From the usual hate train.

DF has learned a lot since then, both through their own Kickstarter projects (Massive Chalice) and through other developers' projects.
They have. MC was a transparent process, the communication was much, MUCH better. I bought Spacebase-DF9 in Early Access and i know the risks of crowdfunding. Projects can go belly up. I was angry at DF not for cancelling the game, but for their lack of communication. DF9 was already an endangered project, before they put it up on Steam and Schafers closure notice on this seemed very arrogant and detached. Lack of good communication was the reason for all this bruhaha about Broken Age. As a backer following the video documentation, all was good. For the public it was just ... wtf did they do?

I'm pretty confident that Psychonauts 2 will be delivered. It may not live up to the hype but it'll be delivered and will most likely be a solid follow-up.
I also think that this project will be handled much better. Still, i'm holding my money back until a release, i did not back Psychonauts 2. DF burned me once, i prefer to stay sceptical a while longer.

4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 29, 2015, 16:01 Kajetan

J wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 15:50:
It will not be bottomless. There will be something at the bottom to collect the money.
Fig.co is like a Black Hole. You throw money into the bottomless pit and hope that you will get something back some day, like Hawking Radiation

2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 29, 2015, 15:33 Kajetan

John wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 14:19:
I wonder why Tim decided to go with that crowdfunding service instead of Kickstarted as he used for Broken Age?
Because it was founded by Justin Bailey, former COO of Double Fine. And Schafer is part of the advisory board, beside people like Brian Fargo or Feargus Urquhart.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
5. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 27, 2015, 17:46 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 17:39:
This is a company that can take an afternoon off to make a re-skinned mount, throw it on the store for 25$ and watch it sells like hot cakes so of course anything they make will be highly anticipated.

At this point, they could have Chris Metzen shit in a box and it would be highly-anticipated.
"highly-anticipated" is nothing more than a marketing blurb, used by marketing people and lazy journalists.

News Comments > GOG.com Bethesda Softworks Sale
8. Re: GOG.com Bethesda Softworks Sale Dec 22, 2015, 05:15 Kajetan

Nucas wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 01:33:
mother fuck, bought a copy of quake 1 because i just want a version that runs with the music and all and no mounting images or anything and they're selling it without the soundtrack.
The soundtrack is there. Its played ingame and you can rip it to any format you like, when you mount Gog's image file to a virtual drive.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 17, 2015, 05:35 Kajetan

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 00:33:
My daughter...will probably not even notice the difference.
Because there won't be any visual difference. Thats the beauty of smart compression methods.

2319 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo