Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2470 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
15. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 4, 2017, 03:19 Kajetan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 22:50:
A new NOLF would be great!
And please let someone else do it than Nightdive Studios. They were soooo close to finally sort out the rights jungle, only to piss of Warner with a frivolous trademark registration for NOLF. They thought it would speed up the process, forcing Warner to finally make a descision. Well, Warner made a descision: They said "No, you will not get anything!".

I rarely get mad, but there was one moment of blood-red anger.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2016, 09:28 Kajetan

What do you expect from people, who only think in short term business gains and the Holy Magic of the Great Trickle Down?  

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
28. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 21, 2016, 08:20 Kajetan

NetHead wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 07:39:
Their engine tech has always been impressive, Far Cry eventually came out of a tech demo for their engine (think they got some funding from Nvidia and turned it into a game, memory's really foggy but there's probably still some old videos floating around regarding it).
That's right. At first they wanted to make some kind of dinosaur game like Jurrasic Park on the basis of their "Dinosaur Island" tech demo, which featured mainly massive vegetation rendering. Ubisoft stepped in as a major financing partner and steered the direction to a more traditional shooter.

But sadly the Yerlis never understood the importance of creating a complete (!) engine package, including full support for third party tools and full service for developers. They had only interest in creating the best renderer. Nothing more is the CryEngine. A dammned good renderer with still the best and most accurate lighting effects ... and then some half-assed code to make a "game engine".

But the people creating this renderer are longer around. You already mentioned top personnel going to id Software. Two years ago the core engine team including the "inventor" of the modern CryEngine, left to found CIG Frankfurt. I doubt they will find enough good programming talent to continue the CryEngine as a competitive renderer.

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
26. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 21, 2016, 04:04 Kajetan

NetHead wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 18:08:
I vaguely remember them opening way more studios than made sense. Now that they're closing "five studios in five countries" the first thing that came to mind was where the hell are all the games. The only recent one I remember is The Climb which has a tiny potential customer base.
Crytek made good money with defense contracting. Simulators for the german army and the arms industry. I know someone who quit his job at Crytek for that specific reason. He said, that he wanted to make shooters and not murder simulations. Which sounds funny at first, but it is the destinction between making a game that people can have fun with and making a simulation to help people to actually better kill other people for realz.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
44. Re: the number of nebo is 12 Dec 18, 2016, 06:09 Kajetan

Kosumo wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 02:05:
Anyone who believes in him is a fool and needs help.
I see only one person, who needs help ...

News Comments > No PC CoD: Infinite Warfare Trial
2. Re: No PC CoD: Infinite Warfare Trial Dec 13, 2016, 03:46 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 23:35:
I doubt they'll even release another CoD on PC
And then they do. As every year. And every year someone says: Gee, I doubt they'll even release another CoD on PC.

News Comments > Crytek Payroll Issues?
16. Re: Crytek Payroll Issues? Dec 12, 2016, 08:42 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 08:06:
Last time they were in deep shit, there was actually a rumor about a "mysterious benefactor" bailing them out. Many people believed that person to be CR. So this might be a repeat if he does in fact rescue them (again).
To my knowledge, there was no mysterious benefactor. Crytek was saved last time by Amazon, who licensed the engine big time for their Lumberyard project.

Roberts already bought the licence to own and modify it. He already hired most of the core engine team to form CIG Frankfurt. He doesnt need Crytek anymore.

News Comments > Crytek Payroll Issues?
13. Re: Crytek Payroll Issues? Dec 12, 2016, 05:43 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 18:38:
Maybe Chris Roberts and Star Citizen will bail them out. Inquisitive
Why? They already have all the ex-Crytek programming talent they need

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
40. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 07:23 Kajetan

bigspender wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 03:44:
Exactly! You could put in some lite features from a survival game to collect salvage etc. It'd be awesome.
That are NO lite features from a survival game, bro. These are CORE BT rules. Salvaging the remains of our former friends and foes all together. Especially a mercenary unit has to run on a very tight budget.

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered Trailer
9. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Trailer Dec 3, 2016, 09:20 Kajetan

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 03:24:
You know what would look better on your face?

The bar

*CRUNCH*
I LOVE that scene. So hilarious! But sadly the setting was the best about Full Throttle. Gameplay ... not so much. I hated the stupid bike fights, gave up at one point, never finished the game. I knew what Tim Schafer wanted me to do, but i hate QTE with a vengeance.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
38. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 28, 2016, 10:00 Kajetan

thecakeisalie wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 22:13:
My biggest question is why is this game still being sold, period, when it was clearly falsely advertised from the get-go?
Because no court ordered Sony and Hello Games to stop selling it.

News Comments > Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming
3. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 04:44 Kajetan

Numinar wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 21:29:
... and nothing beat the slightly different but also awesome Forged Alliance. Nobody else has really come close.
I agree. Stardocks Ashes of Singularity copies faithfully the whole gameplay formula, but did not get it "right". Something is missing from this game and i cant quite put my finger on it.

News Comments > System Shock Remake in 2018
5. Re: System Shock Remake Next Year Nov 18, 2016, 11:11 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 11:05:
Is it still on Unity or are they going to use an engine where it won't look dated but also run like crap?
Yes. And only because they want to piss especially you off

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2016, 03:57 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 00:31:
The answer is the director. You give someone source material he doesn't have a clue about, you get this movie as result.
The director is a WoW player, he knows the older Warcraft games. The problems with this movie do not stem from the usual "this guy has no clue".

Myself i found the movie not THAT bad. It helped a lot that i wasnt expecting anything

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 04:13 Kajetan

Simon Says wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 16:47:
Sure... just forget about Abby Martin who was hosting Breaking the Set on Russia Today and who condemned the Russians actions in Crimea/Ukraine. Probably one of the most critical investigative journalist left on the whole world right now. And what did she get for her "insubordination" from RT? Congratulations and the support of the Russian Gov... That's right.
And when will Putin allow critical journalism in Russia?

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
20. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 16:08 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 15:34:
It's like they know modding is hugely popular but they fail to connect with the community in this way.
They fail, because Bethesda management perceives reality only filtered through spreadsheets and presentation slides, looking at revenue projections, target group studies and stock holder value. They do not "get" mods, because mods are rooted deeply in the non-commercial fandom. Mods are made because of fun and not because someone wants to make money. THIS Bethesda does and will not understand.

News Comments > DOOM - Hell Followed DLC
1. Re: DOOM - Hell Followed DLC Oct 31, 2016, 11:41 Kajetan

multiplayer content pack ...

*sigh*

One day, when pigs can fly and war is outlawed all over the globe, the Bethesda board will realize, that NOFUCKINBODY WANTS MP FOR DOOM 4!!!!

Until then, who gives a shit?

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
30. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 27, 2016, 03:33 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 19:41:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 18:30:
One down. A few more to go.
Yeah, lets hope Abrams is next.
His movies make too much money. Even if he no longer wanted to, he will be forced by gunpoint to go on

29. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 27, 2016, 03:29 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 13:57:
They made him money.
True, true

The crew was paid, the actors were paid, contractors were paid and the investors "made" money by using the tax loophole.

The movies itself ... mostly total bombs. Like for example "Far Cry". Production costs around 35 mio. dollar, made an estimated 3-4 millions wordwide AFAIK. Which does not matter much, when the movie is only the means to a complete different end.

12. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 12:50 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 12:14:
But they weirdly made him enough money to do other movies, all of which look stupid but most critics seem to find less stupid than the video game movies.
His video game movies did NOT make money. They dont had to. Boll used a german tax loophole, where investors could write off large sums when they invest something in a movie. The movie had to be produced and released to gain from this, but in no way it had to make money in itself. The tax relief was the goal, not the movie making any money. And as this loophole was closed ... Boll stopped churning out video game movies, did nothing for a while, than made two films with his own money, tried several crowdfunding projects (none reached its funding goal) and now he's FINALLY done with terrorising the world with his "movie making".

2470 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo