Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2619 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SIGIL Trailer and Q&A
2. Re: SIGIL Trailer and Q&A Dec 11, 2018, 07:44 Kajetan

Timmeh wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 20:29:
I was like "WOW" he really made some nice new levels. That's some impressive stuff.
Romeros Levels are amongst the best of Doom 1 and 2. And two years ago, he released a single map, which was way better than most user maps ever since.

He still is an excellent level designer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Lawsuit May End
20. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 9, 2018, 12:59 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 11:33:
So if I sign a contract with someone to use their product and to promote it, I can then just say "Yeah but I went with another product, so it's not valid anymore!" That seems very odd.
No, it isnt.

As long as i use Engine X, i will promote Engine X. But when i switch engines, which i am contractually allowed, i dont have to promote Engine X anymore, because i do not use it anymore.

Which, according to the judge, is what the contract says. Crytek has to make better contracts if they want to prevent licensees from using another engine.

News Comments > DayZ Leaves Early Access Next Week
5. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 7, 2018, 04:00 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 21:28:
To think that the mod had close to 1 million players at one point and now essentially is dead and the standalone also only has a few thousand players left...
Well, I guess thats normal if you die to a cold because you were in the rain for 5 minutes or starve to death 5 hours after you ate so much that you almost vomited.
Not being the center of a hype can be very advantageous. You have a dedicated player bas. Word of mouth can bring in a small and steady influx of new players, who are interetest in the game becasue of the game and not because everynone is playing it. The game therefore isnt full of shitbags.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September
31. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 3, 2018, 05:22 Kajetan

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 3, 2018, 05:02:
The biggest problem with this trailer is not showing any FPS cockpit videos. It's all in perspective, with the 3rd person FOV of COURSE the mechs will look like toys.

So yeah the trailer could have been better produced, but I see nothing seriously wrong with the game from it, looks and plays like every other Mechwarrior so far.
There is gameplay footage from the MechCon 2018. Slowly moving your heavy mech towards the enemy, a Locust runs circles around you, is hard to hit, tanks are being trampled upon, buildings crumble around you, your mechs shuts down because of over-heating, right in front of an Assault Class mech ... and in the end you saved the city by utterly destroying it in the process

Yepp, it's a Mechwarrior game.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski: "I am NEVER making another game"
10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 16, 2018, 10:27 Kajetan

WaltC wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 10:26:
Ah, Bleszinski, the "Epic doesn't need the PC" genius. He always struck me as a PR guy brimming with bad ideas.
Remember Bill Roper?

News Comments > Age of Empires: Castle Siege Ending
1. Re: Age of Empires: Castle Siege Ending Nov 15, 2018, 01:57 Kajetan

It's gone and nobody will ever remember it.

"Gaming as a service" has no past, no future, only a short blipp in the fleeting present. "Gaming as a service" will not add anything to any form of culture at all. It only serves the commercial interests of its vendors.

People will know and play Super Mario or Doom for decades to come. Heck, even centuries. "Age of Empires: Castle Siege"? What? What is that?

News Comments > BioWare on More Mass Effect
10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 8, 2018, 07:13 Kajetan

Rhett wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 22:43:
Wasn't the B-team working on Andromeda while the A-team were likely working on Anthem?
Yes. Responsible for Andromeda was Bioware Montreal, a new EA studio. Which was dissolved only six months after Andromedas release.

But its on EA to task a new AAA game of an established franchise to a new, inexperienced team, which had to make all new tools and assets, struggling with the switch from UE3 to the Frostbite engine, which was not designed to be used for a RPG.

News Comments > GRIP: Combat Racing Races Out
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 6, 2018, 15:55 Kajetan

Desalus wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 11:13:
This game looks like a lot of fun.
It actually is

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 4, 2018, 09:47 Kajetan

wraithnix wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 23:17:
I don't understand why the media companies can't seem to get that.
Because it's not about money, but control. The big media corporations want to control how we use the internet, because they want controllable and predictable business revenues. They use Piracy as a scapegoat to trick the government into more rigorous laws and regulations. More rights to them, less and less rights to users and creators.

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 3, 2018, 14:11 Kajetan

Desalus wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 13:51:
Not sure why fans feel entitled to a fully fledged Diablo sequel.
There is no "entitlement" whatsoever. There is only a very deep dissapointment from the visitors of BlizzCon, that the major announcement was a cheap mobile game.

Beth made it better. They too announced some Elder Scrolls mobile dreck, but they knew their audience and they closed with an Elder Scrolls 6 announcement, confirming it's developement. People were pleased, no shitstorm.

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 3, 2018, 13:49 Kajetan

Evil Timmy wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 13:22:
Fans are right to expect more, and to be frustrated that this pablum is what they're getting "from Blizzard".
Note that this presentation was supposed to be the high point of the evening. This spot is normally reserved for new WoW expansions or some other big news ... and not some cheap mobile rip-off.

The frustation and bewilderment from the crowd was nearly palpable even in the stream. This silence, this arkward silence ...

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Demo Play Time Limitations
5. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 2, 2018, 10:59 Kajetan

emgarf wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 10:22:
I predict that playing Classic again will replace people's fond memories with the reality of how much less annoying today's WoW is.
I think that Blizzard isnt aiming at the people who just talk about how cool Vanilla was. They want to make those who play vanilla freeshards right now into paying customers.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 28, 2018, 17:52 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 14:29:
The GOP and their Russian master are doing their earnest best to end democracy in America and everyone knows it - or cares about it - except the GOP supporters. I imagine most of them are likely on-board with it entirely.
What i dont get as a bystander ... this american obsession with Russia. Do you really want to have the Cold War back? The GOP does not need Russia to manipulate the elections. They can do this all by themselves, they have done it for years all by themselves.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 26, 2018, 05:24 Kajetan

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 19:01:
Animated "Star Trek" Series
Sure as hell can't be any worse than The Orville.
Because The Orville isnt a "serious" SF series. Its a Seth McFarlane satire of especially Star Trek with his typical humor and gags.

News Comments > 3D Realms Plans QUAKE-Engine Shooter
6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 24, 2018, 06:58 Kajetan

Killes wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 03:55:
The guys working on it are current Quake SP mappers, have a look at Arcane Dimensions for Quake etc...
The guys who made Arcane Dimensions? Is this confirmed? If yes, this is an insta-buy. Arcane Dimensions is a collection of THE most beautiful Quake maps ever released.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 21, 2018, 04:40 Kajetan

yonder wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 03:53:
In that case, your naivete comes from ignorance and is honestly forgiveable, since we all start from a place of ignorance.
No, not "ignorance". We all start from a place of Not Knowing Something, but we observe and we learn over time.

Ignorance is the deliberate descision to NOT know something, to look away, to not learn from experiences, because we fear where that learning experience might take us. We fear loosing our prejudices. We fear loosing our little, cozy concept of how the world is supposed to be. And if we are afraid enough, we start to be ignorant.

News Comments > For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 11, 2018, 05:21 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 21:43:
When will corps ever realize these sorts of PR announcements do more harm than good.
Because they dont have to. There are enough people out there who fall for this kind of spin-doctoring every effin time.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 10, 2018, 03:41 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 23:56:
Hopefully he gets enough control to actually produce something worthwhile.
I dont think so. There are still the same people in charge at Warner, who had a major share in fucking up nearly every DC movie of the last few years.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 1, 2018, 01:38 Kajetan

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 00:57:
Nothing but a wrist slap. Musk gives up the board chairmanship, but is still CEO with a board he hand-picked. $20 million is nothing, and Tesla not Musk will pay it. Essentially there is no actual change, except Musk's title. That said, one could hope it might give Musk reason to pause and re-evaluate his recent behavior -- but I wouldn't bet money on that...
Its actually 40 million. 20 from Tesla, 20 from Musk personally.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Sep 24, 2018, 05:01 Kajetan

GinRummy wrote on Sep 23, 2018, 15:19:
I've been playing it since release day and enjoying the game a lot. Only had a couple lock-ups and small irritants. I like the combat a lot more than I thought I would from watching the promo vids. Full of puzzles, too, some of which stumped me a while. I've seen mixed reviews, and I hope it gets better rep after a couple patches.
What save system do they use? Are you free to save anywhere and anywhen?

2619 Comments. 131 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo