Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2362 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
40. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 07:23 Kajetan

bigspender wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 03:44:
Exactly! You could put in some lite features from a survival game to collect salvage etc. It'd be awesome.
That are NO lite features from a survival game, bro. These are CORE BT rules. Salvaging the remains of our former friends and foes all together. Especially a mercenary unit has to run on a very tight budget.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered Trailer
9. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Trailer Dec 3, 2016, 09:20 Kajetan

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 03:24:
You know what would look better on your face?

The bar

*CRUNCH*
I LOVE that scene. So hilarious! But sadly the setting was the best about Full Throttle. Gameplay ... not so much. I hated the stupid bike fights, gave up at one point, never finished the game. I knew what Tim Schafer wanted me to do, but i hate QTE with a vengeance.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
38. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 28, 2016, 10:00 Kajetan

thecakeisalie wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 22:13:
My biggest question is why is this game still being sold, period, when it was clearly falsely advertised from the get-go?
Because no court ordered Sony and Hello Games to stop selling it.

News Comments > Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming
3. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 04:44 Kajetan

Numinar wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 21:29:
... and nothing beat the slightly different but also awesome Forged Alliance. Nobody else has really come close.
I agree. Stardocks Ashes of Singularity copies faithfully the whole gameplay formula, but did not get it "right". Something is missing from this game and i cant quite put my finger on it.

News Comments > System Shock Remake in 2018
5. Re: System Shock Remake Next Year Nov 18, 2016, 11:11 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 11:05:
Is it still on Unity or are they going to use an engine where it won't look dated but also run like crap?
Yes. And only because they want to piss especially you off

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2016, 03:57 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 00:31:
The answer is the director. You give someone source material he doesn't have a clue about, you get this movie as result.
The director is a WoW player, he knows the older Warcraft games. The problems with this movie do not stem from the usual "this guy has no clue".

Myself i found the movie not THAT bad. It helped a lot that i wasnt expecting anything

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 04:13 Kajetan

Simon Says wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 16:47:
Sure... just forget about Abby Martin who was hosting Breaking the Set on Russia Today and who condemned the Russians actions in Crimea/Ukraine. Probably one of the most critical investigative journalist left on the whole world right now. And what did she get for her "insubordination" from RT? Congratulations and the support of the Russian Gov... That's right.
And when will Putin allow critical journalism in Russia?

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
20. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 16:08 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 15:34:
It's like they know modding is hugely popular but they fail to connect with the community in this way.
They fail, because Bethesda management perceives reality only filtered through spreadsheets and presentation slides, looking at revenue projections, target group studies and stock holder value. They do not "get" mods, because mods are rooted deeply in the non-commercial fandom. Mods are made because of fun and not because someone wants to make money. THIS Bethesda does and will not understand.

News Comments > DOOM - Hell Followed DLC
1. Re: DOOM - Hell Followed DLC Oct 31, 2016, 11:41 Kajetan

multiplayer content pack ...

*sigh*

One day, when pigs can fly and war is outlawed all over the globe, the Bethesda board will realize, that NOFUCKINBODY WANTS MP FOR DOOM 4!!!!

Until then, who gives a shit?

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
30. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 27, 2016, 03:33 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 19:41:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 18:30:
One down. A few more to go.
Yeah, lets hope Abrams is next.
His movies make too much money. Even if he no longer wanted to, he will be forced by gunpoint to go on

29. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 27, 2016, 03:29 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 13:57:
They made him money.
True, true

The crew was paid, the actors were paid, contractors were paid and the investors "made" money by using the tax loophole.

The movies itself ... mostly total bombs. Like for example "Far Cry". Production costs around 35 mio. dollar, made an estimated 3-4 millions wordwide AFAIK. Which does not matter much, when the movie is only the means to a complete different end.

12. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 12:50 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 12:14:
But they weirdly made him enough money to do other movies, all of which look stupid but most critics seem to find less stupid than the video game movies.
His video game movies did NOT make money. They dont had to. Boll used a german tax loophole, where investors could write off large sums when they invest something in a movie. The movie had to be produced and released to gain from this, but in no way it had to make money in itself. The tax relief was the goal, not the movie making any money. And as this loophole was closed ... Boll stopped churning out video game movies, did nothing for a while, than made two films with his own money, tried several crowdfunding projects (none reached its funding goal) and now he's FINALLY done with terrorising the world with his "movie making".

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 21, 2016, 11:02 Kajetan

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 02:39:
Beloved? Obsolete? Jesus, dream on techconnect, dream on you beautiful shill...
Yep. CutePDF still produces the BEST image quality for embedded images and graphics when you dont have Acrobat.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 18, 2016, 08:20 Kajetan

sdgundamx wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 03:30:
The only real solution is to make India (which has bucketloads of desperately poor and is infinitely more Western-friendly) the new manufacturing center of the world.
Until indian workers are fed up with exploitation and start to demand higher wages and better working conditions. Outsourcing is NOT a very lasting solution

Right now, the asian bucket is the Phillipines. Chinese companies migrated there, because Vietnam is getting too expensive. China itself was getting too expensive for cheap products years ago. Chinese workers are making increasingly more money, are better educated. The days of churning out cheap mass production are over. China is becoming more and more like Europe or the USA.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
16. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Update Oct 13, 2016, 04:02 Kajetan

yuastnav wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 02:58:
Well, I still hope that they are working on X4 and make it more like X3. None of that Rebirth crap. X Rebirth was and still is pretty bad. I've played it a couple of months ago because I heard they patched a lot of things. Did a clean start. There were so many bugs within the first hour of playing that I quit immediately. This is just terrible.

But if they manage to make a X4 that is like the other X games I am willing to look the other way.
I know a few people inside of Koch Media. Rebirth is an episode they rather want to forget than asked about.

Rebirth was the result of a botched salvage operation. Egosoft wasted a LOT of publisher money and years on a console version, never got it right in terms of gameplay and technology. Koch Media finally pulled the plug, demanded a finished game and forced an external producer on the project. According to internal sources, this producer wasnt very competent, but very arrogant & bullish with the mindset of a testosteron driven college frat boy. The console prototype was remade as a PC product, all bad design descisions from the prototype were kept and new bad ones added.

But even a good, competent producer couldnt fix this pile of crap. The Rebirth prototype was destined to be scrapped entirely, all spent money to be wrote off, BUT NOT "fixed" and made into a full blown game.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 7, 2016, 05:41 Kajetan

Quinn wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 03:04:
I honestly thought it was a neat program.
It was actually, until NVidia decided to hammer some stupid obligatory account registration into the program.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 6, 2016, 02:03 Kajetan

MajorD wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 22:09:
Interesting history recap. He seems like a pretty cool/humble guy.
He is. The time at Ion Storm was a learning experience for him.

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
46. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 19, 2016, 07:06 Kajetan

Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 22:33:
He has a site, a flourishing YT channel and years of gaming journalism experience.
He did not have a flourishing YT channel, he has a flourishing Patreon account. Youtube is just the place where he dumps his videos, he does not make any cent from that. He makes his living through Patreon contributions.

One thing the Romines are getting wrong ALL THE TIME

22. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 15:19 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 15:01:
So they have the right to sue anyone ...
They do. They do have the right to sue anyone for any reason they can think of. They do not have the right to force a judge to make a case out of every lawsuit they file. There has to be at least "something" valid to even acknowledge that there MIGHT be a case.

13. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 14:24 Kajetan

Overon wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 14:14:
I want to see how far Valve will go to fight on behalf of their users againts the subpoenas.
My guess ... not very far.

2362 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo