Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2568 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews
5. Re: Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews May 11, 2018, 05:08 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2018, 23:49:
How is a review unfair? Unfair because it's bad? Welcome to life, sport.
A review can be unfair, when it's not criticizing the game on the basis of the game itself, but for example on the political stance of the reviewer (e.g. "too much SJW in the effin game").

Or on the basis of a fundamental misconception of the intended game design (this shooter is a horrible RTS)

Or overlooking basic features. An example for the latter was a "professional" review for Titan Quest from a magazine, where the reviewer hated the game for walking great distances to the last village/merchant and back again. He simply overlooked the teleport feature, ignored the NPC in the starter village explaining this feature, overlooked the big shiny, noisy round thing right next to him.

Or simply not being able to play the game, like this infamous review for Cuphead, where the reviewer wasnt familiar with basic platformer mechanics. Or using a controller. Or both.

There really is a thing like an unfair review. And instead of faking positive reviews to "balance the score", Valve should give developers the possibility to respond to any Steam review. Like "I am sorry that you didnt like our game, but have you tried X or Y?" Then Valve can end all business with certain devlopers for insulting reviewers

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
13. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode May 9, 2018, 09:47 Kajetan

NamecaF wrote on May 9, 2018, 00:28:
Yeah, being an Obsidian game, I'm gonna wait a couple of years and after 30 patches or so it should be playable by then.
Those days are long gone. Exactly since Dungeon Siege 3, when Obisidian finally switched to a decent bug tracking tool. The release quality for all games since was much, MUCH better than the usual bug party like Fallout New Vegas. Patches for Pillars 1 included mostly balancing and gameplay changes, only minor technical fixes.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode May 6, 2018, 15:23 Kajetan

VaranDragon wrote on May 6, 2018, 14:15:
Go Battletech! Considering that its being sold on GOG as well, these are impressive numbers.
According to a Reddit AMA Harebrained is VERY happy with the first week.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 30, 2018, 08:27 Kajetan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 07:52:
I'm curious as to what your load times are. As I stated in a different thread, my load times are between 15-30 seconds depending on the amount of opposition I am going to run in to. The "kill pirate lance" missions which usually only have 4 mechs take about 15 seconds to load from launching the contract.
Load times on a SSD are faster, but other games gain more from a switch. Looking at the BT folder, there are over 18.000 files. Unpacking my pre-load took nearly 45 minutes on a normal drive. Copying the folder to a SSD via Steam took 15 minutes. Many small files slow down any drive, regardless if solid state or not.

Besides that ... great game!

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
16. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 28, 2018, 05:39 Kajetan

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 04:17:
BRAIN DEAD is right, except it applies to you. It's not about creating a cheating program you troll, its about "selling it" (Which is illegal, read your EULA) and about using it to insert malicious software (once again illegal) which is then used for criminal activities (guess what, illegal).
Breach of an EULA is NOT illegal. This is just civil law, where you have to convince the judge, that there was some kind of damage. Distributing malware on the other hand ... THAT is illegal

News Comments > Warcraft III Job Listing
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 25, 2018, 14:51 Kajetan

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 11:56:
WoW is still going, so unless Blizzard wants to RTS-up some of the events in WoW ...
Why not? It's the same world, the same setting. There is no need to seperate between a RTS story and a MMO story. A RTS would perfectly fit to the story and even some planned gameplay elements of "Battle of Azeroth".

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
8. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 01:36 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 23:06:
My gaming machine is 5 years old at this point, so I'll let y'alls know how it runs.
Mine's 5 years old too. Runs fine on 1080p, max. details. But the game regulary stops working and minimizes to a small, inactive bar. I still hear sound, but its not recoverable, i had to kill the task.

Aside from that ... the gameplay is what they promised. Tabletop rules with slight adjustments and changes. They got that right, now on to fixing bugs.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 24, 2018, 16:01 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:26:
Guy would be living in a cardboard box in a Detroit alley if it wasn't for ripping everyone off with his Kickstarter.

Scumbag.
Why all the hate? Has he done anything to you? As a backer of Broken Age i got what was promised. A highly fascinating documentary and a nice adventure. As a backer of Spacebase DF-9 i got burned, but that is the risk of crowdfunding. But to some Tim Schafer apparently killed their dogs and grandmothers. Well, if it does make you happy, good hating everyone!

News Comments > GOG.com Profiles
1. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 23, 2018, 10:43 Kajetan

Nice. A lot more things i need to lock away. Nobody has the right to know how many hours i wasted on that game, i officially hate and despise  

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot
10. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot Apr 21, 2018, 08:10 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 21, 2018, 04:06:
It really wasnt that bad.
It was The Doom movie is quite horrible.

But i had fun watching it with friends, drinking and laughing, together with Emmerich's "Godzilla" and "Pacific Rim". Senselees, dumb action flicks, great for a movie night with beer and barbecue.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
19. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 19, 2018, 01:49 Kajetan

Orogogus wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:41:
People say this, but I feel like you generally a game like this doesn't need AI much more advanced than "run towards the player while shooting its guns" to carry a single player campaign. You're not going to have the AI pull feints or flanking maneuvers, things like that are done with event triggers.
The famous "AI" of Far Cry 1 was nothing more than cleverly staged skripts, depending on the position of the player in regard of a specific area. The AI itself was as in every shooter. Run or drive at player, shoot and throw grenades until one of them dies. The illusion worked perfectly, today players still fawn over the "clever" AI of Far Cry 1

News Comments > DOOM Vinyl Soundtrack Preorders
1. Re: DOOM Vinyl Soundtrack Preorders Apr 18, 2018, 10:48 Kajetan

RIP AND TEAR!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm932Sqwf5E

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale
10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 18, 2018, 01:48 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 22:01:
Change the damn engine for F sake.
Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AByE1oa84E

Does this look "dated"?

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2018, 02:01.

News Comments > Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 17, 2018, 06:58 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 04:07:
Lacrimosa is just flat out wrong language.
Your avatar name isnt a shining example of English either ...

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Apr 17, 2018, 03:45 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 23:22:
How the mighty have fallen. The makers of Mass Effect now make a destiny clone with forced COOP and game-as-a-service elements.
The company is still called Bioware, but there was a lot of change in the last years. This isnt the Bioware of Baldurs Gate, nor Mass Effect 1 or Dragon Age Origins. This is just another internal EA studio, which churns out whatever the management deem worthy of investment. There is no creativity left at Bioware. This is assembly belt video game developement, where people go to the plant to make code, textures and animations not as artisans, but as blue-collar workers.

News Comments > System Shock Revival Revived
10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 7, 2018, 19:16 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 18:30:
Who are you to re-envision one of the greatest games of all time?
They hold the rights to the series, they CAN do it if they want to

News Comments > Free Shadowrun Returns with BATTLETECH Preorders
6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 6, 2018, 05:31 Kajetan

MattyC wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 05:15:
I was referring to Shadowrun Returns being a bonus, rather than people already having MW. :p
Be more specific next time, please!

4. Re: Free Shadowrun Returns with BATTLETECH Preorders Apr 6, 2018, 03:44 Kajetan

MattyC wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 01:33:
I feel like everyone who would be interested in this probably has it ...
Nobody has it, it isnt out yet
And i dont pre-order. Release day purchase or a few days later (when i have time to play) is more than enough.

3. Re: Free Shadowrun Returns with BATTLETECH Preorders Apr 6, 2018, 03:41 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 02:11:
Given that I KS'd the damn thing, do I get a free copy of Shadowrun?
No, only our deepest gratitude for backing this fine piece of game. Thank you!

News Comments > Valve Addresses Steam Machines
1. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 4, 2018, 11:11 Kajetan

Tech alone does not sell. You keep on supporting Vulkan, which is nice, but it WILL NOT BOOST Linux as gaming platform or the usage of SteamOS.

Valve has to invest in MARKETING Linux or SteamOS as a gaming platform. When nobody knows what you have, why should it become more popular?

2568 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo