Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2487 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
13. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 13, 2017, 11:23 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 11:11:
This is the alternative to season passes and paid dlc.
I personally much prefer this method to the paid dlc and season passes. At least this doesn't divide up the player base like paid dlc maps did
You know what else does not divide the player base? Making new maps available for free! Allowing user maps. Allowing user generated content.

Yes, i know ... its not about long term revenue, its all about the quick buck, the next quarter, the next business year, the next investor meeting.

I hate what gaming has become.

I love what gaming has become in reaction to all that shareholder drivel

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 13, 2017, 11:06 Kajetan

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 10:54:
I'm playing the 10h trial right now and I've already unlocked a few heroes, not sure where you get those numbers.
From the original reddit posting, where someone laid down some calculations, based on his experience with the early beta.

Anyway, should heroes be easy to unlock? i think not
There isnt a problem with making unlocking heroes hard. The problem exists in the context of loot boxes, where the motivation to buy a hero via lootboxes is increased with more grind. The grindier the game is in regard to unlocking heroes, the more loot boxes are sold, the better for EA. And because there is no difference between heroes unlocked by money or by play time, people who care for those distinctions feel a bit upset.

3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 13, 2017, 10:39 Kajetan

This is a good one.

About 40h per hero, about 9 heroes are unlockable. 360 hours or ... just a few bucks, eh? This IS grind made to encourage buying those chars instead of playing the game to unlock them.

And this answer is the epitome of lying your customer in the face.

News Comments > Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index
2. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 10, 2017, 14:40 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 13:53:
Hooray for small miracles 10 years later? I don't understand why they just didn't sell the uncensored version to 18 and over.
How? Neither Steam, nor GOG or any other distribution plattform has an age verification system. And retail for an older game is not profitable at all.

News Comments > Hellbound Announced
6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 9, 2017, 08:22 Kajetan

Soulburner wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 01:48:
No game that promised old-schoold Doom/Quake/DN3D type of gameplay ever delivered such type of gameplay so far.
Exactly. And the ones which did, did it not by simply copying the old times, but by evolving classic gameplay. Like Hard Reset/Shadow Warrior from Flying Wildhog.

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Launched
3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 7, 2017, 17:53 Kajetan

Overon wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 17:22:
Another horrible pc port?
Yes, very. Nice game, but a horrible port indeed.

News Comments > 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing
19. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 6, 2017, 09:48 Kajetan

YourNick wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 09:40:
The build engine is sort of a hack.
But it was a CLEVER hack

Sadly it never gained the attention of ids source code releases. The Build Engine was superior to Dooms engine and looking at the capabilities of modern Doom ports like GZDoom one can only dream of what might have been possible with Build.

15. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 6, 2017, 04:20 Kajetan

Tone84 wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 00:33:
I kinda like the idea of going retro, but why not at least use a true 3D engine - IDTech 2 or Unreal (Will they still license the original unreal engine?)
Because they wanted to use the Build-Engine?

14. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 6, 2017, 04:19 Kajetan

SirKnight wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 19:26:
The old engines are much easier to create things since everything is so much more simple.
Depends on what you want to create.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
16. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 4, 2017, 08:06 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 07:28:
Charging for a game this old would be an insult.
So GOG should stop selling older games?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 3, 2017, 16:24 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:04:
Now the 2000 nostalgia diehards who want to redo Blackrock Spire 50 times to fill up with blues can do so legitimately
And that is all we ever wanted

Will it be as good as it was? No, of course not. This time is gone. Forever imprinted in our memories. But it doesnt hurt to have a little bit good ole Blackrock and Naxramas fun and NOT having to resort to shady freeshards.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 24, 2017, 08:32 Kajetan

Simon Says wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:50:
It may not have the name and the universe/lore as well as acting, but it certainly got the soul.
It's a satire, a spoof. A charming one, i like it too, but nevertheless.

Its revealing that some fans consider this superior to DIS

News Comments > Destiny 2 Season Details
3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 21, 2017, 14:48 Kajetan

But "they" do not listen to you two.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 20, 2017, 08:55 Kajetan

Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 08:31:
Hes still a greedy bastard, this just shows how his over charging developers 30 percent to host their games on steam. is way to much if hes raking in that kind of profit.
Years ago, before Steam and Digital Distribution, a 30% cut from revenue was nothing more than a wet dream for developers. Publishers took nearly everything. And if you were a selfpublished dev like Looking Glass, you had to deal with traditional distribution channels, which took nearly three quarters of your revenue.

But hey, Gabe is a greedy bastard, because he is only offering the biggest digital distribution channel of the world with 1.5 million new users every month and a robust content distribution, patch and multiplayer infrastructure. 30% is NOTHING!

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 20, 2017, 08:15 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 03:21:
He also made a good choice never selling out Valve.
Did he? Personally he could have become way more richer years ago by selling Valve.

But i guess he already has enough money for ten lifetimes and he just has no interest in selling Valve, because he still has too much fun running his own company.

News Comments > ELEX Released
12. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 17, 2017, 15:17 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:54:
On the other hand, Gothic is still one of the best CRPGs ever made.
Gothic 2 fits more the description, but that is the past. As is the team which made both games. Past tense. Nowadays PB just copies the same old stuff, hoping to produce another game like Gothic 1 or 2 and they fail. Every time. Because no one there has a clue WHY those games were so popular.

News Comments > ELEX Released
10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 17, 2017, 14:45 Kajetan

Quinn wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:22:
Risen 3 is one of my favorite games of all times.
Your standards are low, VERY low.

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
1. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 16, 2017, 10:30 Kajetan

This isnt surprising at all. There is enough money to polish the game until eternity, there is no pressure from a publisher/investor. OF COURSE it wont come out any soon

I donated a few bucks years ago for SQ42 and for THAT investment i had much fun playing what is already available. I am not angry, not dissapointed, not sour. When SQ42 is released, i'm pleased. When i inherit my account details to my children, so that may be, one day ... it's fine too. I am suprisingly calm. May be it has something to do with realising that i havent "bought" something, but instead donated something. And i got something back, so ... as said before, fine with me.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
26. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 5, 2017, 07:33 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 14:13:
I don't understand why they make us pay for a survival mode when there's already free mods that do the same thing and more.
Because console players cannot mod their games? And there are enough PC players who cannot be bothered to fiddle around with mods, who just want to click on a button for new content.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
12. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 13:35 Kajetan

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 13:04:
It's heading to monetization for modifications.
It's not. This is not "Paid Mods", it's third party DLC.

I have no problem with modders getting paid for their work, but I do have a problem with Bethesda taking a cut of it for Copyright bullshit reasons.
Modders work for Bethesda. They are not modding the game, after acceptance by Beth they are developing commercial DLC. That is the reason why Beth does not monetize an already existing survival mod, but instead develops its own implementation. Beth is avoiding all the trappings and obstacles, which may come up when monetizing already existing mods.

2487 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo