Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On February 6, 2004
Supporter -
Total Comments 2682 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SiN Remaster Plans

6. Re: SiN Remaster Plans Mar 19, 2020, 04:44 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 03:57:
Speaking of NOLF, I really wonder why they didnt continue that series. It was very popular and objectively very well made games. Are the rights lost in the nirvana too?

NOLF 2 was an abysmal commericial failure, the cheap tie-in "Contract Jack" even more so.

The rights are probably with Warner. Nightdive came so close in aquiring the rights for the series, but they blew it by filing a NOLF trademark to force other potential rights owners to react. Warner did not respond well to extortion tactics and cancelled all talks and negotiations.

So ... every other studio might try it again, but not Nightdive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.

6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 24, 2020, 03:37 Kajetan

JTW wrote on Feb 24, 2020, 00:52:
At which point I installed Playnite (which is free) and ran everything through there. It isn't a launcher, it's just a library consolidator, letting you see everything on all of the services in one place. A also set up an automated backup of the Playnite files every day, just in case.
Playnite is VERY nice. But don't buy it on Steam

News Comments > BATTLETECH Final Update This Month

4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 12, 2020, 03:50 Kajetan

Satanski wrote on Feb 12, 2020, 03:40:
More Shadowrun, please
They already did three games with that setting. And then they worked at least four years on Battletech. I understand that they want to do something new and wish them all the success in the world. And after THAT i don't mind them coming back to Shadowrun

News Comments > System Shock 3 Layoffs Lead to Fears for the Project

14. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 8, 2020, 08:09 Kajetan

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 8, 2020, 01:36:
Maybe Derek Smart wants to take over?
Na, he's busy being VERY silent after the Crytek-GIC lawsuit dissolved into nothing.

News Comments > Rod Fergusson to Lead Blizzard's Diablo Team

23. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 6, 2020, 09:39 Kajetan

Jonjonz wrote on Feb 6, 2020, 06:30:
How is his background relevant? Other than surviving as a top level suit in a successful franchise, what does he bring that will help Bliz/Act stop shooting itself in the foot and stop munging up the Diablo series?
Perhaps he has excellent managerial skills, to prevent exactly this? Making sure that this project WILL ship in more or less the intended time frame? Preventing aimless meandering, while core gameplay mechanics are constantly changed? Preventing the board or marketing from interfering with the project outside set boundaries (Oh, I've seen this feature in this successful game, you have to implement this)?

News Comments > Rod Fergusson to Lead Blizzard's Diablo Team

16. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 6, 2020, 05:10 Kajetan

Theo wrote on Feb 6, 2020, 04:38:
cause hell gate london went so well...
Ahhh, you have been flagshipped!

Yes, founded by people who thought they could force their new Vivendi boss into making certain decisions by handing in their resignations, only to witness their new boss simply accepting those resignations ... fun story!

News Comments > etc., etc.

4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 6, 2020, 01:29 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2020, 22:21:
I don't understand the point of even playing a game if you're going to cheat.
Then you don't. As long it happens only in SP, everyone is free to do as they please.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 5, 2020, 01:37 Kajetan

Simon Says wrote on Feb 4, 2020, 20:07:
They dropped the perfect Joel Kinnaman and replaced him with that guy? Dafuq?

My hype level for season 2 just cratered.
In Book 2 Kovac is in a different sleeve.

News Comments > Users Savage Warcraft III: Reforged

40. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 3, 2020, 08:40 Kajetan

phinn wrote on Feb 3, 2020, 08:32:
It's because all of the competent devs left at Blizzard are busy putting their heart and souls into Diablo 4.

One can hope.
Stop hoping. Just wait until release. Enjoy the game, when it turns out fine and ignore it, when it is shit. But, please, STOP hoping, because thats how they get you all the time. Blizzard just exploits the emotional connection between their fans and the company name to maximize profits. Like every major does. Blizzard now is like every other shit major publisher. The adaption is finished, the caterpillar has finally hatched.

News Comments > Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience

17. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jan 19, 2020, 05:17 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 02:47:
Ubisoft is clearly not holding the beer but holy crap, it took em this long to realize this?
They knew all the time. But previous revenue was high, their copy &paste games were VERY successful. Until they weren't so profitable anymore. So they simply change their product strategy. Everything else (including this statement) is just public relations and marketing to generate hype for the upcoming products.

News Comments > Evening Multiplex

3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jan 11, 2020, 09:13 Kajetan

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 19:04:
FM is NSFW
No, you should really not watch it, when you work. But you can make a break and THEN watch it. At work.

News Comments > Rune II Publisher Sues RUNE II Developers

12. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 5, 2019, 07:58 Kajetan

Veinman wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 23:14:
I hope something gets worked out. I got a new PC, and Rune 2 works pretty well for me now. It's a fun game.
So, you are the one who's playing it?

News Comments > Death Sentence for Deathgarden

3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 23, 2019, 16:12 Kajetan

You not only sound like bitter, old men, i bet you are bitter, old men  

News Comments > New Steam Library Launches

7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 31, 2019, 06:07 Kajetan

bigspender wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 04:09:
Stop changing shit ffs.
Do your improvements on the back end not on my UI
Awwww ...

News Comments > etc., etc.

4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 15, 2019, 07:01 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 23:55:
It's hilarious that they just stumbled upon the source code previously believed lost.
Backup is for pussies!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Event Launches

11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Sep 19, 2019, 11:16 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 22:28:
While I certainly got my moneys worth out of the game, it still got boring quickly, because all the planets look the same after a while. You just dont see new stuff anymore.
Yupp. The variety of planets, even now promoted in videos for Beyond, isnt there. I have visited over 50 systems ... you have your seven biome types (lush, desert, hot, radioactive, frozen, poison, barren) and they look all the same. One desert planet looks like ALL desert planets. There is a slight variance in fauna, flora or mineral shape, but these are just details. You know one desert planet, you know ALL desert planets. Sure, they sometimes throw in one of those exotic worlds, but there you also have recurring subtypes. You know one exotic planet type, you know ALL planets of this sub type.

For all the hype of exploring the unknown ... actually the universe looks very small, because there is just not enough variety.

No Man's Sky is three years after it's release still one broken promise after the other.

News Comments > System Shock 3 Trailer

7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Sep 11, 2019, 11:14 Kajetan

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 10:53:
The first one was almost impossible to play ...
It was from the time when mouse + WASD wasn't established standards, but it was playable just fine. The problem only started, when people returned to this game years later and suddenly realized how awkward this control scheme is, when you are not used to it anymore, when your muscle memory cries in agony in the first few minutes.

But then you remember and all was dandy.

News Comments > Controversial Ion Fury Content Going Unaltered

6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Aug 28, 2019, 06:18 Kajetan

If only these people would fight for EVERY artist and his/her freedom of expression. But no, they complain with foam dripping from their mouths, when for example a comic writer intends to swap the gender of a popular character ...

A bunch of hypocritical assholes, full of double standards and self-delusion.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives

25. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Aug 25, 2019, 11:50 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 25, 2019, 08:34:
So what exactly is better about "cluttering up" your PC with a bunch of installers (assuming you don't use Galaxy since it is storefront clutter) than a bunch of storefronts?

Come on, people. At least be consequential and really go all out Steam-exclusive fanboi instead of this half-assed shit!
This is lazy trolling, even for your standards.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Aug 19, 2019, 10:21 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 08:30:
I thought you were gonna say that they need to have as many bugs as PUBG. Because they have achieved that with this patch 50 times over. With dozens of really game breaking ones, too. Gotta see the Steam forums, holy crap... lol
Yepp, for everything they fixed with Beyond, they broke at least four new things. And the VR component is nigh unplayable for too many users.

2682 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >