Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2427 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 24, 2017, 15:14 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 24, 2017, 12:30:
Wow, Star Citizen wasn't number 1!?!
They havent failed yet ...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Discussion
2. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 10:43 Kajetan

VaranDragon wrote on May 22, 2017, 10:07:
“formless, shapeless"

How exciting.
Thats not quite true, the PlatinumGames news isnt formless. It clearly has the form of a Dragon Age news

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
8. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 13:01 Kajetan

RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2017, 10:49:
The complete game is free for the weekend, play away.
No, sadly not. Only standard MP, no campaign, no zombie mode. Clicking on those, i got the note that i dont own this content. 44 gig wasted away, thnx!

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed May 17, 2017, 08:03 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 17, 2017, 07:53:
... pricing model(30% fee on sales) ...
This i dont get.

30% may seem much, but Steam offers a developer exposure to a GIANT, WORLDWIDE customer base, which is only achievable with a marketing budget even the majors can afford often. If ever.

And considering the (g)olden days, where dev's got only a fixed sum and all revenue after release went straight to the publisher, 30% from the revenue, when selling digital "goods" with generation costs around effin zero, is nothing. NOTHING!

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
27. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 05:33 Kajetan

bigspender wrote on May 11, 2017, 04:05:
That's what I mean, the series doesn't have an issue, the production team does. So they should put the production team on hold, not the series.
They put the series on hold ... because right now they dont have another team capable of managing/creating a big AAA RPG with the required quality.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
22. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 03:47 Kajetan

bigspender wrote on May 11, 2017, 03:31:
Why would you put the whole series on hold? The problem is not with the series, it's a problem with one game that was made poorly. These exec's are so reactionary.
Are they? MEA commercial performance seemed not to meet expectations, so someone is to blame. Looking at MEA, it's clearly the developement process. This game has problems, more than usual.

There are rumours of a troubled developement process, of major changes very late in the developement. Bioware Montreal seemed not to be good enough as an AAA lead studio.

So upper management has to find a solution to this problem and until that time, ME's developement is put on hold. Not cancelled for all eternity, but put on hold until all project management issues are sorted out. Because Core-Bioware has already enough to do, they cant just slide in a third AAA project.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 9, 2017, 10:13 Kajetan

robdot wrote on May 8, 2017, 10:51:
I don't understand how people are still buying gta 5 in such large numbers.
Keys for the online mode?

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
22. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 12:59 Kajetan

Jagacademy wrote on May 3, 2017, 11:33:
Refunds increase revenue, not vice versa.
I know. But tell that to paranoid nerds in charge of sometimes big companies, who have no knowledge of retail, of customer behaviour or economic dependencies.

But since the world hasnt ended after Valve finally offered refunds ... may be some of them learned a valuable lesson.

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
7. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 10:54 Kajetan

Dacote wrote on May 3, 2017, 10:31:
Is there such a thing as Demo abuse?
Not yet

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2017, 04:53 Kajetan

Creston wrote on May 2, 2017, 21:26:
Another thing to note is that Dishonored 2 was developed on Arkane's own Void engine, while Prey was made using CryEngine 3.

And CLEARLY you'd know CryEngine 3 better than your own engine, ergo, Latin, better results for Prey? Confused
I dont get, why they left the UDK used for Dishonored 1 for an own engine, which is abandoned for the next project with *surprise* a new engine with a well documented lack of proper dev support.

Why?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 07:41 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 05:21:
But at that point he was angry again and I didn't really fancy talking to old angry neighbor any longer.
Understandable

Of course, that's not to say that all trips to the USA go down like this.. or one would hope.
I visit relatives on a regular basis and can say NOTHING positive about the TSA employees. Worst of the worst! How are they trained? Are they trained at all? Everytime they give me the feeling that foreigners should stay at home. Not because they are xenophobic or racist. Which some of them clearly are. Because most of them are lazy fucks who are annoyed with everything resembling work!

Where do you get these people? Why are they employed for a job where one has to deal with people from other nations?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 04:15 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 22:34:
But hey, apparently the USA doesn't want tourism
"They" do want, so what was the reason for his bad experience? The vacation itself? Entry formalities? Some TSA shithead having a bad day (well, they actually do have only bad days)?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 23, 2017, 07:42 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 00:55:
The best planet in the Solar System is clearly Mars No humans there for one...
There are no humans on other planets (expect Earth) as well ...

News Comments > StarCraft: Brood War Free
3. Re: StarCraft: Brood War Free Apr 19, 2017, 04:30 Kajetan

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 21:41:
Thank god they fixed the issues with the graphics rainbow corruption effect, took them long enough. Jesus this patch was due like when windows 7 was released in 2009 almost a decade ago.
This patch was no longer needed when Windows 8 came along. The color corruption bug exists only in W7 because of changes in the DDRAW library. With W8 MS removed certain dependencies and the problem was removed with them.

News Comments > Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Launches
2. Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Launches Apr 18, 2017, 12:55 Kajetan

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 11:42:
Amazing that they have been able to keep up the quality on these type of series games , so far.
Not amazing at all. Telltale is the only developer, who makes this kind of interactive novels in the western market with more western themes. There is no other.

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
3. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 17, 2017, 11:56 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 10:47:
I thought Greenlight was going away?
It will. But right now, it's still in place.

As for Grimoire: I'm not convinced of it's existence until the game is actually available

News Comments > DOOM Retrospective
7. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 12:58 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 11:07:
The Romero one for example doesn't even mention Daikatana! Absolute failure as a documentary.
It does. It mentions it as a failure.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 10:21 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 09:56:
THAT is horrific.
That is someone elses problem far, FAR away. The UA incident happened on familar territory, AT HOME. Like EVERYONE CAN BE THE NEXT!!!!

Sadly enough, most people have an intellectual horizon with the radius of their own nose tip. Incidents are more important, the nearer they are to their comfort zone. And incidents become problems, when they are happening RIGHT IN FRONT of those people, to them personally or to close family members. Everything else? Not their fucking problem! Go away!

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 12, 2017, 04:48 Kajetan

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 22:14:
I've yet to encounter anything which suggests this is inferior to the original version.
Its basically like the previous Enhanced Editions. If you are happy with a modded classic, there is no need to buy that. If you find hassling with mods and fixes and patches too cumbersome or want to play these games on a tablet, go get them.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 11, 2017, 09:48 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 08:59:
Hopefully Beamdog avoids the torrent of hate that will probably accompany this game.
Chart positions on GOG and Steam indicate, that they can live very good with a few raging asshats.

2427 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo