Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2434 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
20. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 20, 2017, 08:05 Kajetan

Wesp5 wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 07:06:
I agree! Why make such photo realistic demons and then have them drop colorful iconized goodies that kick you right out of the immersion? Why make the gameplay so obvious you-enter-a-combat-arena now? I played a few old Doom 1 and 2 levels recently and some were much more complicated and creative!
In level design, there is a difference between creating an arena and creating a somewhat believable setting, where baddies are hanging out and you just stumble upon them.

Doom 3 was a boring arena, its addon presented monsters in believable setting, where you don't had the impression all enemies were just waiting in tiny cupboards for you to come by. Doom 4 is a little bit in the middle. They try to make a "real" mars installation, but too often it degenerates in a simple arena fight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Absolution Details
2. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Absolution Details Jun 30, 2017, 03:30 Kajetan

Rattican wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 21:23:
What's the last Call of Duty game that had single-player DLC as opposed to entirely multiplayer-focused DLC? I honestly can't remember one at all (except I guess the expansions for the original CoD games which weren't really classed as DLC at the time).
There was never ever any SP DLC for this series.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 19:24 Kajetan

Fion wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 12:53:
How on earth do you run out of money when you have $150 million budget? Let alone so out of money that you need a second loan from bankers?
Short answer: You don't. DS is just up for his usual "LOOK AT ME! I WANT TO BE RELEVANT!".

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
8. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week Jun 21, 2017, 03:28 Kajetan

Flatline wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 22:08:
15 dollars? LOLOLOL
No.
Yeah. It's a bit much. But like these Nova missions for SC2 i wait for a sale. Which Blizzard does more often like in the past, where you had to fork over 30 bucks on Battle.net for WC3 or D2 with addon.

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
4. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 10:42 Kajetan

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 09:30:
This can only mean one thing.
All the story and writing for HL2 Ep3 and HL3 is complete, Valve can finally start on the game development portion. Expect an announcement anyday now. heady times
Strange ... this does not get old

News Comments > Danger Zone Released
2. Re: Danger Zone Released May 30, 2017, 19:12 Kajetan

+1  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 30, 2017, 09:54 Kajetan

Well ... that's, erm ... smaller?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 24, 2017, 15:14 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 24, 2017, 12:30:
Wow, Star Citizen wasn't number 1!?!
They havent failed yet ...

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Discussion
2. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 10:43 Kajetan

VaranDragon wrote on May 22, 2017, 10:07:
“formless, shapeless"

How exciting.
Thats not quite true, the PlatinumGames news isnt formless. It clearly has the form of a Dragon Age news

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
8. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 13:01 Kajetan

RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2017, 10:49:
The complete game is free for the weekend, play away.
No, sadly not. Only standard MP, no campaign, no zombie mode. Clicking on those, i got the note that i dont own this content. 44 gig wasted away, thnx!

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed May 17, 2017, 08:03 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 17, 2017, 07:53:
... pricing model(30% fee on sales) ...
This i dont get.

30% may seem much, but Steam offers a developer exposure to a GIANT, WORLDWIDE customer base, which is only achievable with a marketing budget even the majors can afford often. If ever.

And considering the (g)olden days, where dev's got only a fixed sum and all revenue after release went straight to the publisher, 30% from the revenue, when selling digital "goods" with generation costs around effin zero, is nothing. NOTHING!

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
27. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 05:33 Kajetan

bigspender wrote on May 11, 2017, 04:05:
That's what I mean, the series doesn't have an issue, the production team does. So they should put the production team on hold, not the series.
They put the series on hold ... because right now they dont have another team capable of managing/creating a big AAA RPG with the required quality.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
22. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 03:47 Kajetan

bigspender wrote on May 11, 2017, 03:31:
Why would you put the whole series on hold? The problem is not with the series, it's a problem with one game that was made poorly. These exec's are so reactionary.
Are they? MEA commercial performance seemed not to meet expectations, so someone is to blame. Looking at MEA, it's clearly the developement process. This game has problems, more than usual.

There are rumours of a troubled developement process, of major changes very late in the developement. Bioware Montreal seemed not to be good enough as an AAA lead studio.

So upper management has to find a solution to this problem and until that time, ME's developement is put on hold. Not cancelled for all eternity, but put on hold until all project management issues are sorted out. Because Core-Bioware has already enough to do, they cant just slide in a third AAA project.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 9, 2017, 10:13 Kajetan

robdot wrote on May 8, 2017, 10:51:
I don't understand how people are still buying gta 5 in such large numbers.
Keys for the online mode?

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
22. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 12:59 Kajetan

Jagacademy wrote on May 3, 2017, 11:33:
Refunds increase revenue, not vice versa.
I know. But tell that to paranoid nerds in charge of sometimes big companies, who have no knowledge of retail, of customer behaviour or economic dependencies.

But since the world hasnt ended after Valve finally offered refunds ... may be some of them learned a valuable lesson.

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
7. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 10:54 Kajetan

Dacote wrote on May 3, 2017, 10:31:
Is there such a thing as Demo abuse?
Not yet

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2017, 04:53 Kajetan

Creston wrote on May 2, 2017, 21:26:
Another thing to note is that Dishonored 2 was developed on Arkane's own Void engine, while Prey was made using CryEngine 3.

And CLEARLY you'd know CryEngine 3 better than your own engine, ergo, Latin, better results for Prey? Confused
I dont get, why they left the UDK used for Dishonored 1 for an own engine, which is abandoned for the next project with *surprise* a new engine with a well documented lack of proper dev support.

Why?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 07:41 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 05:21:
But at that point he was angry again and I didn't really fancy talking to old angry neighbor any longer.
Understandable

Of course, that's not to say that all trips to the USA go down like this.. or one would hope.
I visit relatives on a regular basis and can say NOTHING positive about the TSA employees. Worst of the worst! How are they trained? Are they trained at all? Everytime they give me the feeling that foreigners should stay at home. Not because they are xenophobic or racist. Which some of them clearly are. Because most of them are lazy fucks who are annoyed with everything resembling work!

Where do you get these people? Why are they employed for a job where one has to deal with people from other nations?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 04:15 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 22:34:
But hey, apparently the USA doesn't want tourism
"They" do want, so what was the reason for his bad experience? The vacation itself? Entry formalities? Some TSA shithead having a bad day (well, they actually do have only bad days)?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 23, 2017, 07:42 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 00:55:
The best planet in the Solar System is clearly Mars No humans there for one...
There are no humans on other planets (expect Earth) as well ...

2434 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo