Total Posts
1130 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1130 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    57  ] Older

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jul 4, 2020, 03:03
Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 4, 2020, 03:03
Jul 4, 2020, 03:03

He had nearly 1 million followers. He may not have been a top draw, but that's a significant number of people who watched and at least a portion of those people if not most are going to care.

Re: Libtard: The Satire Game Early Access
Jul 3, 2020, 01:35
Re: Libtard: The Satire Game Early Access Jul 3, 2020, 01:35
Jul 3, 2020, 01:35

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 17:48:
Wow can't even quote a movie in context around here anymore. gg libtards.

However rare, I'm with Cutter on this. How did a quote from Idiocracy get removed and why?

Re: Microsoft Store Games Giveaway
Jul 2, 2020, 13:27
Re: Microsoft Store Games Giveaway Jul 2, 2020, 13:27
Jul 2, 2020, 13:27

Wtf? Is this like comedic advertising from Microsoft or something? Does anyone have any listings for prices of any of these games /before/ the giveaway?

Re: Dead Cells Sells Three Million Copies
Jul 1, 2020, 15:02
Re: Dead Cells Sells Three Million Copies Jul 1, 2020, 15:02
Jul 1, 2020, 15:02

Well deserved. This game has some of the smoothest gameplay I've ever seen in a platformer/action game. Always feels like there's something accomplished in a run, whether you get past a boss, get to a new zone, find some new blueprints or even just bring home some cells to spend on upgrades. Haven't played it in a while, but it's something I come back to pretty regularly and well worth every penny I spent on it and more.

Re: Steam Summer Sale Underway
Jun 26, 2020, 02:28
Re: Steam Summer Sale Underway Jun 26, 2020, 02:28
Jun 26, 2020, 02:28

Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2020, 21:03:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 25, 2020, 19:42:
Outward is not an MMO, it's a sandbox RPG that feels a lot like Morrowind both aesthetically and mechanically. The defining feature is that you don't die and have to just reload a save when you lose all your HP, you pass out and wake up in a semi-randomly chosen other location, losing some time and maybe some items. I.e. if bandits defeat you, they'll take you back to their camp and hold you prisoner, so then you need to escape. It also supports two-player co-op.

Thanks for that. I've seen some people complain the world, whilst nice, is fairly devoid of actual stuff to do. Would you agree or not? I guess, ultimately is it worth $15US? I'll watch some gameplay of it. Have you grabbed the new DLC for it?

It is a bit on the empty side, but that said it's an interesting take on an RPG, including survival issues. The need to bandage wounds or risk bleeding out after a fight. Curing poisons or diseases before they 'kill' you. Eating, drinking and sleeping or suffering increasingly debilitating consequences. Have to be concerned with the weather. Walking around in the snow you need the right clothing, or need potions to negate the negative effects or you'll freeze. Hot weather you have to mitigate the same way or eventually it'll get you too. Have to consider the tent you buy, bigger is more comfortable, but easier to spot so you get interrupted rest more frequently. When you DO rest, you have to decide how much time is devoted to actually resting, how much to repairing and how much to keeping watch for bandits/predators.

There are story missions that have major impacts if you fail or ignore them for too long. For example, you're warned of an attack on your home town. If you take out 3 leaders of a bandit group, you stop the attack. If you fail or wander off to do something else in the meantime, the home town is destroyed and inaccessible.

It has a lot of REALLY cool ideas, but the end makeup of them is honestly a little weak. I personally think it's worth $15 just for the experience. That said, haven't tried the DLC.

Oh! And the co-op... it's weirdly made. It works, but only the host player can save. Whoever is playing with you as a guest, cannot play that save without you. At all. They'd have to start their own private game to play without you.

Re: Diablo IV Quarterly Update
Jun 26, 2020, 01:43
Re: Diablo IV Quarterly Update Jun 26, 2020, 01:43
Jun 26, 2020, 01:43

Deathbot V1.87 wrote on Jun 25, 2020, 23:06:
Yeah...noone gives a shit.

I do. Please don't presume to speak for others.

Re: Get AER Memories of Old and Stranger Things 3: The Game for Free
Jun 26, 2020, 01:42
Re: Get AER Memories of Old and Stranger Things 3: The Game for Free Jun 26, 2020, 01:42
Jun 26, 2020, 01:42

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 25, 2020, 21:07:
Anybody here play Conan Exiles? Any good?

If I could physically throw my copy at you to get rid of it, I would. Waste no money on this unless you like grind-fests with zero story or purpose.

So... no. It's not.

Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After
Jun 25, 2020, 21:26
Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After Jun 25, 2020, 21:26
Jun 25, 2020, 21:26

Kxmode wrote on Jun 25, 2020, 03:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 21:55:
Chris Avellone did not lose his job because of a tweet, the metoo movement or any of the bizarre reasons those of you who come to his defense might think.

Justice has been served.

"Justice" has been served for the low, low price of just ONE tweet. A bar-gain.

It was more than one tweet, all this tells me is you didn't even look at what was said. It was 18 successive tweets, and his apology is essentially admission of guilt. While it may not be enough for a court, it's definitely enough for a company to decide they want nothing to do with him.

Re: Game Reviews
Jun 24, 2020, 12:14
Re: Game Reviews Jun 24, 2020, 12:14
Jun 24, 2020, 12:14

Must be nice. It took me hours for the game to actually let me in and play to try it out. Then steam said "You've played it for more than 2 hours, no refunds."

Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After
Jun 23, 2020, 00:53
Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After Jun 23, 2020, 00:53
Jun 23, 2020, 00:53

Kxmode wrote on Jun 22, 2020, 23:39:
Beamer wrote on Jun 22, 2020, 23:29:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 22, 2020, 23:05:
It's important to note she used her Twitter account with over 2K followers as a podium to make career-destroying claims with no evidence. She also retweeted this in the past few hours indicating she doesn't care if what she says is true.

How, precisely, do you interpret that tweet?
Because you're not doing it correctly

She didn't author the post but chose to retweet it indicates she doesn't care what her comments about Chris do to his career. That's how I see it. But sure, I guess someone could interpret it another way. Do realize I used "indicating" in my OP, meaning I am NOT claiming that's what she intended. It is only a guess.

You do realize he's apologized and not denied anything, right? This isn't just 'claims with no evidence'. He provided the evidence himself.

Re: West of Dead Released
Jun 18, 2020, 17:25
Re: West of Dead Released Jun 18, 2020, 17:25
Jun 18, 2020, 17:25

Looks like it could be interesting. Day 1 DLC though? hmm..

Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo
Jun 18, 2020, 11:49
Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo Jun 18, 2020, 11:49
Jun 18, 2020, 11:49

Kxmode wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 20:37:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 20:23:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 20:18:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 19:18:
You know what the funny thing is, most white people aren't pissed off and recognize the plight of our brothers.
The pissed off ones are now a minority and that's why they're angry. They're not used to being the underdog.
Well we got news for them. Change is coming and they won't be able to do a damn thing about it.
[rest snipped]
You mean the US is behind in believing in an invisible man in the sky that made man in his own image and everything is "god's will"? Sorry but please don't being religion into this. You want to believe what you want to believe that's fine, but religion has been a weapon to attack others and a shield to hide behind for far to long in society.

If believing in an "invisible sky wizard," as some of you are fond of using, puts love in one's heart and causes them not to be racist, then can it be wrong?

It is also worth noting that Jehovah's Witnesses do not use weapons, we don't go to war, and we try and live as peacefully as we can. We don't use the Bible as a weapon. Instead, we use it to help people understand what their churches, unfortunately, do weaponize as secular viewpoints, as you point out. On one side, we have those who are anti-religious, and then, on the other hand, are those with deep-seated beliefs. Our "weapon" is Biblical truth and knowledge. 2 Corinthians 10:4-6 aptly states, "For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised against the knowledge of God, and we are bringing every thought into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ." The Witnesses try very hard to show people we are not like the world's religions. That's what "witness" in Jehovah's Witnesses means. We're showing people how Christians are supposed to be.

The same Jehovah's Witnesses who "disfellowship" people, and are pushed to shun, disown and abandon family members and friends who leave the faith? Those wonderful people? Seems like weaponizing the bible to me.

Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo
Jun 17, 2020, 20:00
Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo Jun 17, 2020, 20:00
Jun 17, 2020, 20:00

Greentiger wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 19:04:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 18:45:
What most white people like myself are pissed off about is the liberal hypocrisy. It's got nothing to do with BLM or any of that other shite. And the corporate pandering is the worst aspect of it all. CEO of Netflix gives $120 million to black colleges. What a swell guy. Not a penny for anyone else though. That makes him a pandering hypocrite. So yeah, fuck him and the horse he rode in on. When you start including everyone in the conversation then you can get back to us. Until them it's just the latest cause for white liberal guilt and hand-wringing.

So instead of fixing the problem a little bit at a time, it's gotta be all or nothing? When has that worked in any political reality? Aside from your cherry-picking, I do agree that the corporate about-face pandering is blatantly obvious. And while Reed donated to historically black colleges, he also champions charter schools--usually a more conservative position.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/black-crime-rates-your-st_b_8078586
https://tinyurl.com/y9fkzo82
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/business/republican-democrat-ceos/index.html

Aside from his ridiculous attempt to speak for "most white people" which is pretty damn offensive in and of itself, what cutter is trying to say is pretty clear cut. No pun intended.

If I see two homeless people, a white man and a black man, and the black man is significantly worse off, and I only have a single $10 bill to give at the moment. If I gave that $10 to the black man, he would scream and cry and call me a racist. If I gave it to the white man, he wouldn't have a single word to say.

The plan text is, some people in this world are doing worse than others for many reasons. Most of them are systemic disadvantages. There is a VERY clear disparity in video game developers. The IGDA did a small study and found only roughly 1% of game developers were black, compare that against the fact that the US is 13.4% black and you can see there's a disparity. They also found that Hispanic people were around 4%, again, compare that to the US as a whole at 18.3% Hispanic... and you can clearly see there's a disparity. Even though that doesn't explain the REASON there's a disparity, trying to claim there isn't one is being a denialist, just like climate change deniers, anti-vaxxers and the like. The numbers are clear. There is a problem.

One way to fix that is to offer incentives, this is what's happened here. Companies are donating their own money to incentivize PoC to join the workforce, to help break down what barriers might keep them from joining. The same racism that lies behind the "all lives matter" diversion is the same behind the pushback against this. White developers are not at a disadvantage and that's clearly marked by mass numbers of them dominating the field. A number that is higher than their actual representation in the general population. They don't need the help, that's why companies aren't offering to throw more money at them. They already HAVE the money and the means.

As the joke goes, when you have two houses and one's on fire, you don't ignore the burning house and water the one that's already safe because all houses matter. When you have the power to assist people, you help the people who need it most, not the ones who need it least.

Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M
Jun 15, 2020, 11:26
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 15, 2020, 11:26
Jun 15, 2020, 11:26

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 23:20:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 18:50:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 18:11:
This video is from about a year ago, but compares SC to other megagames like RDR2 and GTAV. While not perfect, I think he raises some good points.

Rockstar never hosted a fundraising dinner like Star Citizen did. With bad, cold food, pictures of concept art of ship (with prices on them) like some horribly bad attempt to get the whales to bite. Also Rockstar doesn't have Chris Roberts history of horrible game management.
The video addresses the time, money, and staff required for a game of such scope, not the methods used to acquire such funding.

Yeah, but the problem from day one is that the scope keeps changing. That's bad management.

Re: Torchlight III Early Access Begins
Jun 15, 2020, 09:03
Re: Torchlight III Early Access Begins Jun 15, 2020, 09:03
Jun 15, 2020, 09:03

Ant wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 22:58:
So T3 is worse of Torchlight like D3 for Diablo series.

It's far worse than that.

The art is pretty much the only positive.

The game is boring. Period.

Uninteresting skills that add next to no differentiation between play styles.
Tiny skill trees that offer next to no character customization.
Nonexistent story.
Grindy content with zero payoff.
Loot is boring as hell. Oh look, another piece of leg gear. This one has 8 defense and 7 fire defense, compared to the 7 defense, 8 fire defense that I have.
There's no 'oomph' to the gameplay. No sense of impact when you hit something, or get hit.

Honestly think I had more fun in the menu trying to get the game to connect than I did actually playing.

Re: On Sale
Jun 2, 2020, 04:21
Re: On Sale Jun 2, 2020, 04:21
Jun 2, 2020, 04:21

11 Bit studios sale on steam, Frostpunk, Children of Morta, Moonlighter, This War of Mine. All fantastic games all on sale.

Re: Saints Row The Third Remastered Released
May 22, 2020, 23:12
Re: Saints Row The Third Remastered Released May 22, 2020, 23:12
May 22, 2020, 23:12

JohnBirshire wrote on May 22, 2020, 16:16:
Saints Row 3 was actually the meh'est of 1-4 (I thought 4 was phenomenal. 2 was fun since I had already played all the GTA's at the time but still wanted something more.)

Whereas most of the time it's the best of the series that gets remastered, maybe they decided to pull a psychological trick and remaster the worst. I mean...it actually kinda makes sense.

Disagreed 100%. 4 was a cash grab that added almost nothing. 2 was boring as hell and still trying to be GTA with (very) slightly more humor. 3 was when they realized in-game insanity was what made their game fun and unique.

Re: Get Civilization VI for Free
May 22, 2020, 22:42
Re: Get Civilization VI for Free May 22, 2020, 22:42
May 22, 2020, 22:42

roguebanshee wrote on May 22, 2020, 07:54:
The thing about the Civ games since Civ 4 is that every expansion has really changed and improved the gameplay. For these games it has been the case (for many I've talked to, including myself) that the previous iteration with all expansions is better than the current with no expansions, but the current with all expansions is better than the previous with all expansions.

And the expansions for each game are properly classified as Expansions and not DLC. While the core mechanics stay mostly the same, each expansion also introduces a lot of new stuff (not just new civs) that change how the game is approached.

Very true. They have both DLC and expansions. The DLC is generally a new faction and a couple faction based units/scenarios. The expansions include major game changing things (religion, etc)

Re: Get Civilization VI for Free
May 22, 2020, 22:40
Re: Get Civilization VI for Free May 22, 2020, 22:40
May 22, 2020, 22:40

Yifes wrote on May 22, 2020, 15:38:
Civ4 was the best. The lead designer for Civ4, Soren Johnson, has a new Civ style game coming out called the Old World.

Early access for it is already available apparently, but be warned it appears to be Epic store only so expect to attract the haters just by virtue of mentioning it.

Re: Game Reviews
May 22, 2020, 00:41
Re: Game Reviews May 22, 2020, 00:41
May 22, 2020, 00:41

Fion wrote on May 21, 2020, 11:05:
I would have preferred a Saints Row 2 remaster as I have heard it was the best one, but I only ever played the demo a little and found the graphics poor and the controls super-jenky.

Still, of those I've played SR:T is my absolute favorite. So I'll almost certainly be grabbing this.

Disagree on number 2 being the best. As far as I'm concerned, it was still following way too heavily in GTA's shadow at that point. It wasn't until the Third that they distinguished themselves by not taking themselves seriously and going to truly ridiculous lengths to create fun gameplay.
1130 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    57  ] Older