Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On February 5, 2004
Supporter -
Total Comments 1097 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolcen Fixing to Slow

3. Re: Wolcen Fixing to Slow Mar 17, 2020, 20:28 Teddy

Yep, how dare people not put their health at risk so you can have your games patched faster? It's clearly all a hoax, just so they can refuse to fix their games right? I mean, it's not like the majority of businesses are shutting their doors right now or forcing people to work from home, and countless people have been laid off from jobs that they don't even know will still exist when this is all over.

Yes, it's all an excuse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Offline

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2020, 23:12 Teddy

Kxmode wrote on Feb 17, 2020, 23:58:
Prez wrote on Feb 17, 2020, 15:51:
phinn wrote on Feb 17, 2020, 14:40:
The name of this game is pretty terrible, but the game looks good. Once they fix the servers I'll give it a shot.

Is it pronounced 'WOL-SEN' or 'WOKEN'?

Wol-sen. Anyone who pronounces it "Woken" (the "l" isn't silence, and there's no "k" in the word) should have their PC taken away and only be allowed to play video games on a Nintendo Switch.

Funny, having never heard it before, I automatically assumed it was pronounced 'VOL-CHEN'.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Games Leave GeForce NOW

5. Re: Activision Blizzard Games Leave GeForce NOW Feb 12, 2020, 00:53 Teddy

The publisher gets to decide what platforms it's games are available on. If for example, GeForce NOW didn't work well (I have no idea, never tried it), then it could result in a poor gaming experience for their players and that's well within their purview to exert control over.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials

3. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Feb 6, 2020, 23:09 Teddy

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 6, 2020, 21:11:
No game publisher ever has a bad quarter. Not even some of the worst PR blunders in the past 20 years can slow down the freight train of gaming goodness we know as Activision Blizzard.

$400,000,000 less than the same quarter previous year isn't bad?

News Comments > Tencent Makes Funcom Bid; Dune Scope May Expand

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2020, 18:54 Teddy

Darks wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 18:15:
Sorry Blues, but this a bullshit strategy by the Chinese, they have been pushing their way into Hollywood for a very long time now. Just look back at the Red Dawn movie, that was originally the Chinese who invade, but oh no, we dont want to offend the fucking Chinese so they changed it to the Koreans who could never in a 100 year develop tech like that to invade us.

But there you have it, the fucking Chinese trying to dictate to us and control how a movie should be made.

So yea, you can take those blinders off now!

Err... wasn't Red Dawn the Russians?

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 14:13 Teddy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 14:03:
With rare exception, crunch is a sign of bad management. It shows a failure to properly forecast man hours.

And a complete unwillingness of the company to delay release of the game until it's done without forcing mandatory overtime on their employees.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 13:55 Teddy

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 12:43:
And it will be the best game ever made. Again. And they'll all be millionaires. A little crunch is totally worth it.

It's good to know you're willing to make that sacrifice on their behalf. /s

The only people who have the right to decide if mandatory overtime due to management incompetence is "worth it" are the people being forced to do the work.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

29. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 12:56 Teddy

Verno wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 12:11:
I'm really into Hades right now but I'll check out Sundered soon. Pretty sure I grabbed that when it was free at the end of the year. Hades is pretty nuts, Bastion devs + rogue-like = super fun. Hits the right difficulty and tons of replay value. I think it's on Steam now too actually.

It's worth it. Sundered is up there as one of my favourite rogue-lites, along with Dead Cells.

News Comments > Get Celeste for Free

19. Re: Get Celeste for Free Dec 24, 2019, 20:01 Teddy

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 19:36:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 19:18:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 17:07:
Teddy wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 14:10:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 12:56:
Heretofore acquired.

What are the odds that tomorrow's giveaway will be Borderlands 3?

Exactly zero.

Each day there's a clue based on imagery for the game. This one is a cross in a shield. So something medieval based, most likely, but that could be anything from an action game, to an RPG, or grand strategy. I don't recognize the icon.
Castle Crashers, maybe? Seems not recent enough though.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance?
My guess is it's For Honor again
I wonder if it's TABS.

Might have a winner here. That does look close.

News Comments > Get Celeste for Free

6. Re: Get Celeste for Free Dec 24, 2019, 14:10 Teddy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 12:56:
Heretofore acquired.

What are the odds that tomorrow's giveaway will be Borderlands 3?

Exactly zero.

Each day there's a clue based on imagery for the game. This one is a cross in a shield. So something medieval based, most likely, but that could be anything from an action game, to an RPG, or grand strategy. I don't recognize the icon.

News Comments > New Studio Developing New BioShock

10. Re: New Studio Developing New BioShock Dec 9, 2019, 18:08 Teddy

Kxmode wrote on Dec 9, 2019, 16:37:
"Kelley Gilmore, 'the first woman in 2K history to launch and lead a development studio.'"

A person's experience and accolades is what people should be noted for, not their gender. I thought we moved passed this nonsense.

Which might be why that statement began with "Industry veteran". Funny that you chose to omit that part and then criticize the article for mentioning sex but not experience.

And for reference, she's from Firaxis, worked on the X-COM and Civilization franchises.

News Comments > Phoenix Point Released

16. Re: Phoenix Point Released Dec 4, 2019, 02:51 Teddy

Kxmode wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 22:22:
Teddy wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 19:04:
So far, graphically not as nice as the X-COM remakes

It's based on the original X-COM, not the X-COM reboot. It says that in the first sentence up above. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Are you serious? I mean it's one thing to be a fanboy, but this is just an absolutely ridiculous argument. Who cares what game it's 'based' on? What does that have to do with the quality of the visuals? This is a game released at the tail end of 2019 and the visuals simply are not as nice as other games in the genre. They're not even on par with games that are multiple years old now.

That doesn't mean it's a bad game, and it's not, but I'm not going to excuse poor visuals simply because it's 'based' on a game from 20 years ago. They're not even that bad, but they're not on par with current level graphics for this style of game.

News Comments > Phoenix Point Released

10. Re: Phoenix Point Released Dec 3, 2019, 19:04 Teddy

So far, graphically not as nice as the X-COM remakes, and it seems thus far to be easier. The faction system is a nice touch, but oversimplified in that every faction has an opposing faction so helping one in any way shape or form always gives negative points for another faction even if it doesn't impact them at all.

The free aim is a very cool way to implement the old targeted aim system where you can choose specific body parts and cause different debilitating statuses depending on what you hit. (ie. leg impacts movement and causes bleeding, arm impacts ability to aim or even hold a weapon).

Haven't yet played long enough for the game to start modifying the enemies depending on my strategy, but thus far it's been pretty solid. Not blown away, but it's been fun so far.

Edit: Biggest issue I have so far is the game doesn't make very clear your chance to hit when using the free aim system.

Edit 2: The free aim system also allows you to target things in the world that you couldn't ordinarily target. For example, a propane tank or shooting through a wall at a target your current guy can't see but someone else can.

News Comments > Phoenix Point Tomorrow

3. Re: Phoenix Point Tomorrow Dec 3, 2019, 01:32 Teddy

Creston wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 21:00:
There are no preloads on the Epic Games Store

I thought they had finally figured out how to do that? Or is it still "complicated"?

They did them for borderlands 3, dunno what the difference is here.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders: Awakened Beta for Preorders

2. Re: Dungeon Defenders: Awakened Beta for Preorders Nov 22, 2019, 22:26 Teddy

It looks like a more cutesy version of orcs must die.  

News Comments > Game Awards Nominees

6. Re: Game Awards Nominees Nov 20, 2019, 01:06 Teddy

heroin wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 20:25:
Disco Elysium

Agreed, but at least they did get nominated in a bunch of categories including best RPG, best indie game and best "fresh" indie game (not sure what the difference is... but hey, they deserve the recognition for that game.

News Comments > Game Awards Nominees

5. Re: Game Awards Nominees Nov 20, 2019, 01:02 Teddy

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 22:14:
Why are console and PC games not in their own categories? With the exception of Resident Evil and Outer Worlds I haven't even heard of these other GOTY games. About the same for the other categories as well.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Sekiro is by FromSoftware (Makers of Dark Souls series) and came out on PC in march. Control came out on PC in august. Resident Evil 2 remake came out on PC in January.

The only game on the list that wasn't released on PC this year is Super Smash Bros. Everything in the action section except Astral Chain is on PC. Everything in the action/adventure section is on PC except the Zelda one. Note it's all the Nintendo games that aren't available on PC.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Post-Release Plans

8. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Post-Release Plans Oct 19, 2019, 11:48 Teddy

Rigs wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 19:48:
So you have nothing in your house that has a stamp on the back that says, 'Made In China'?

=-Rigs-=

Stopping one murder didn't stop all murders? Guess the police should just give up on that then, too.

All or nothing philosophies are retarded. Every change has to start somewhere. Could they drop everything made from and including chinese products? Sure, but not likely without being utterly disconnected from modern society, and to suggest that doing so is the only way they have a right to protest is naive.

Frankly, it sounds more like you're trying to justify your own failure to act rather than pointing out an actual flaw in someone else's reasoning.

News Comments > Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests

32. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 8, 2019, 16:47 Teddy

Neither the winner, nor the commentators were employees. The winner was a customer and the commentators were contract workers. Their contract would have been for the duration of that event. Blizzard didn't fire or punish any employees, they just decided not to do business with those contractors again.

Edit: Bear in mind, I'm not saying what they're doing is right. I'm saying that it's legal and likely in the company's best interests unless enough players are willing to punish them for it.

News Comments > Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests

30. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 8, 2019, 16:30 Teddy

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 16:18:
Blizzard fucked up IMO.

While it would have been nice for them to stand up for freedom of speech, the situation is more complicated for Blizzard. As a publicly traded company, if they didn't do something and China retaliated by banning their games it would not only be devastating to their bottom line, it would open them up to lawsuits by their shareholders for failing their fiduciary duty to them.

Fiduciary Duty of Loyalty
Officers and directors owe a duty of loyalty to a corporation and its shareholders. They are expected to put the welfare and best interests of the corporation above their own personal or other business interests.

This is another reason why a lot of companies kowtow to Chinese interests. Not doing so isn't just a question of losing Chinese money, it can be represented as a failure to their shareholders and put the entire company at risk.

1097 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >