Limit Results:

69 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Bilderberg
Jun 5, 2004, 00:47
Re: Bilderberg Jun 5, 2004, 00:47
Jun 5, 2004, 00:47

About the Playstation auction.

I noticed they have wrapped the cords around the controller, the perfect way to wreck them (the cables that is).

Nintendo's Revolution
May 29, 2004, 03:25
Nintendo's Revolution May 29, 2004, 03:25
May 29, 2004, 03:25

I saw an ad for the Nintendo powerglove on some retro website, but I doubt that is what they are planning for the revolution.

My guess is that they are going to eliminate the television by providing some wearable headset. I can imagine how neat it would be to be able to look around freely in something like a racing car game, or to have independant head movement and aiming in a shooter. If part of the headset included 3D headphone technology, whether it be the old A3D or Dolby would just complete it.

Re: No subject
May 24, 2004, 23:57
Re: No subject May 24, 2004, 23:57
May 24, 2004, 23:57

"How much u wanna bet the first official expansion packs for DOOM 3 and HL2 are singles simulators? "

There wont be any expansion packs for Half-Life 2, the game sucks in case you didn't see the so-so E3 2004 presentation.

May 24, 2004, 23:55
Re: No subject May 24, 2004, 23:55
May 24, 2004, 23:55

"Im sorry, but anyone who is getting their jollies off over this game must be really sad.

Go out and get a real woman "

Why would I need a woman when I have the internet?

May 14, 2004, 23:28
Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 23:28
May 14, 2004, 23:28

Re:21

Reguarding HL2 delay.

I watched the Fileplanet video (downloaded from another internet site with no wait lists), and it occured to me that HL2 was nothing special. The whole time I was watching the demo I was waiting for something to make me WANT this game, and yet nothing ever came. The people watching it were very quiet, which is a big change from the cheers we heard a year ago at the last E3. The ingame dialog sucked, but the faces still looked good while saying it, but the actual gameplay they showed was nothing special. What made Half-Life great were the experiences you hadn't had before combined with the experiences you had before but done so well.

Of course my reaction may have something to do with the fact that I witnessed this AFTER the Halo 2 demo. Now when the X-Box guy came on and says he's gonna show the game you all want to see, and I'm like SITH LORDS, but everyone in the audiences is HALO 2! My reaction was, oh... perhaps I'm not that interested in Halo? Anyway, what they showed, the vehicle hijacking had me thinking that it is EXACTLY what all vehicle based games need. I've always found it annoying that it is difficult to climb onto a stationary vehicle in BF1942, and I now think that being able to drop grenades into open tank turrets would be fun. But what had my jaw dropping, literally (a first for me) was seeing vehicles being destroyed piece by piece. It didn't register at first, but when it did I realised that I had just seen something NEW, something which they forgot to put in the HL2 demo.

In defense of HL2, the graphics looked nice last year, but since then I have played through Invisible War (nice physics) and FarCry (nice gfx) and Kotor (great game, great gfx). So while I think HL2 will still sell based sorely on the reputation of the original game, I just don't think it's going to be any good, and considering it's only the 2nd game that Valve has ever made and it's a sequel, it may be their last.

May 4, 2004, 22:18
Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 22:18
May 4, 2004, 22:18

"Oh, and one more thing: WTH do you need a CD-key for a FREE game? *scratches head*"

You needed a CD-KEY for Enemy Territory too, which was also free. Of course ET generated one for you so maybe nobody noticed they had one.

Re: CD KEYS
May 4, 2004, 22:17
Re: CD KEYS May 4, 2004, 22:17
May 4, 2004, 22:17

I love how fileplanet staffers seem to be coming into this discussion.

My hate of fileplanet is very simple.

At one time, it was all free and you didn't have to wait in line. Then when they went commercial their servers were suddenly all full. Funny thing is one of the reasons they recommend subscribing is so you don't have to wait in line, yet when it was free you never needed to anyway!

I don't have a problem with the exclusives because I just download them from another site where I don't have to wait (local ftp). I do have issues with the fact that Fileplanet does not free up some bandwidth on the free servers to deliver these exclusives though. For subscriber exlusives that is perfectly fine, let only subscribers have that content, but with public stuff like this the servers should be open to all.

Re: Color me jaded
Apr 13, 2004, 01:24
Re: Color me jaded Apr 13, 2004, 01:24
Apr 13, 2004, 01:24

Killcam is the best anti cheat deterrent I've seen, I don't see a need for punkbuster when Killcam let's you see from your killers eyes.

Ads for drivers
Apr 4, 2004, 07:12
Ads for drivers Apr 4, 2004, 07:12
Apr 4, 2004, 07:12

You now gets ads when clicking accept to download NVidia's drivers, so how long before we actually PAY for updates?

It WILL happen.

Re: registration and windows XP
Apr 3, 2004, 07:19
Re: registration and windows XP Apr 3, 2004, 07:19
Apr 3, 2004, 07:19

Because Gamespot is in bed with Microsoft. Nothing more, nothing less. And the only bit that's OS dependant is the crappy ass installer.

Anyone running UT2k4 on non-XP Windows, or Linux, or OS X can download from worthplaying and unzip it to get the exact same content (the WP file appears to be a zip, not an exe, so even though they say "all Windows" it's really "all platforms").

The point, however, remains -- it is a slimy thing to do, and there's going to be some people who will think they can't get it at all because they don't run XP.

According to the Steam hardware survey, about 6 percent of people are using something other than XP. Support for Windows 98 was stopped ages ago, so the next logical step would be to buy XP and download Linux for free (it is a free OS still?). I'm pretty sure there is no real reason to install Linux, other than to stick it to the man.

Re: Exclusively for people who have skin!
Apr 3, 2004, 07:06
Re: Exclusively for people who have skin! Apr 3, 2004, 07:06
Apr 3, 2004, 07:06

No - most savvy gamers prefer not to install a bloated piece of turd on their computers. I am sticking with Win2K - at least I don't have to deal with product activation or the endless adds to sign on to Passport and Hotmail every time I turn on my computer.

If you dont want to install a bloated turd on your computer then you shouldn't have bought a PC, you should have bought a Mac. Windows XP is actually good. I've never had any endless signin ads for Passport, so maybe that was a pre-SP1 annoyance as my copy was SP1. As for the product activation thing, I've only had to do it once which was when I first installed XP.

Anyway this thread is about an unoffical bonus mappack that only works on Windows XP. It's got nothing to do with Atari whatsoever, but the maps are made by people who were contracted to work maps for UT2K4.

About these maps, they need lots of memory, so just because you can run the official UT2K4 maps well does not mean these maps will run fine. So really there isn't any point in complaining about the XP exclusivity, because if you have a computer powerful enough to run UT2k3 the chances are you have a new PC that came with XP. If you are like me and you built a new PC from scratch, then maybe you stuck with an older Windows or perhaps you chose to install Linux which would severly limit what software you can run anyway.

Re: Lol
Apr 3, 2004, 06:56
Re: Lol Apr 3, 2004, 06:56
Apr 3, 2004, 06:56

Re: No.2

Are you saying you are not running Windows XP yet? It's really good you should try it.

If you want to run another OS like Linux that is possible on Dual booting, and if you are running an older Windows OS you can Triple boot

Farcry
Mar 29, 2004, 10:36
Farcry Mar 29, 2004, 10:36
Mar 29, 2004, 10:36

I think it proves that an average game with near perfect graphics equals a great game.

I'm no fan of the textures in this game, I think that Call Of Duty looks fantastic, as does Battlefield Vietnam, but FarCry has such great detail that nobody really notices how average the texture art is.

I just wish the gameplay was better than boring.

Re: Consoles Vs. PC
Mar 27, 2004, 03:29
Re: Consoles Vs. PC Mar 27, 2004, 03:29
Mar 27, 2004, 03:29

There are probably more people playing Windows Reversi (or any of the other windows net games) than Half-Life.

I wish that the PC had the name protection that XBox Live has, as someone has already taken my Battlefield Vietnam name "John Rambo"...

I'd say MMORPG makes up less than 1 percent of online play, because I think over 99 percent of people aren't dumb enough to keep paying to play a game that have already bought.

Re: Consoles Vs. PC
Mar 27, 2004, 03:24
Re: Consoles Vs. PC Mar 27, 2004, 03:24
Mar 27, 2004, 03:24

Sony is crazy.

I own a PS2 for 2 years now, and it is starting to suck. I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy X again, and what looked great when it came out, now looks like shite. The only way a PS2 will continue to sell till 2010 is if it is marketed as a cheap DVD player that plays games, which is the opposite of it's current use. XBox currently costs less than PS2 which makes the 2010 date extremely optomistic.

Mar 23, 2004, 20:49
Re: No subject Mar 23, 2004, 20:49
Mar 23, 2004, 20:49

Whoever said to take a look at FarcRy, well Farcry sucks.

Counterstrike is fun if you are hacking.

I expect Valve to announce they are stopping support for Original Counterstrike any day now, it wouldn't make sense to allow people to continue to play for free when the new game is out.

Mar 20, 2004, 02:48
Re: No subject Mar 20, 2004, 02:48
Mar 20, 2004, 02:48

Patches can be good for keeping my interest in a game, I mean I always got excited when there is a new patch for Unreal. Ever since I got a CD-Writer my feeling has changed, because I like to burn all the patches to CD, and every time they release a new version my burn is out of date , which can be annoying as I only use CD-R's! I'm seriously gonna buy some CD-RW for my patch disc.

Does DICE stand for Digital Illusions (computer entertainment). Is that the same Digital Illusions that created the game Pinball Dreams, and if so weren't they a piracy group in the 80's? Or were they just part of the "demo" scene?

Re: SP/MP?
Mar 20, 2004, 02:43
Re: SP/MP? Mar 20, 2004, 02:43
Mar 20, 2004, 02:43

I blame Punkbuster for any lag problems, and the fact that Battlefield Vietnam is obviously running on an older version of the BF1942 netcode and game engine (not gfx).

Proof?

No dotted crosshair.
Typing Lag
Spectator Lag.

There you go!

Re: Solution
Mar 20, 2004, 02:40
Re: Solution Mar 20, 2004, 02:40
Mar 20, 2004, 02:40

Buy Intel, that will solve some problems.

I used to have problems with sound with a non-intel chipset, and won't go back.

Re: It was Gabe Newell
Mar 20, 2004, 02:34
Re: It was Gabe Newell Mar 20, 2004, 02:34
Mar 20, 2004, 02:34

"really causing problems. Yesterday we identified and permanently banned a UT2004 player, "Zellius", for cheating. "

You didn't ban them, you banned their copy of the game. They will buy a new copy and be back in business. Instead of banning cd-keys you really should think about putting working anti-cheat technology into the game. If your technology worked, this player couldn't cheat. The problem is you don't want to put working technology in, because even though companies wont admit it to the public, there is economic reward to be reaped from banning cheaters. Truth is, from a monetary point of view, you want cheaters.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 02:37.
69 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older