Descending
Limit Results:

82 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

Re: Bush, MS, and Linux
May 20, 2004, 11:14
Re: Bush, MS, and Linux May 20, 2004, 11:14
May 20, 2004, 11:14

I wish there was a way for people to post links and proof of the smear campain against Linux without sounding like a complete conspiricy theorist nut. But I don't think there is a way to do that anymore.

The proof you show and the links you provide lay it all out, but I guess there is just no way to make is sound any less than the "gunman on the grassy-noll, magic bullet, back-and-to-the-left" nutcases, even though you are totally right. I'm certainly not suggesting that you're of the tinfoil hat brigade, it's just that it's almost impossible to not sound like one when trying to present facts on a hot-topic subject.

But this has been proven many times that the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution is a Think-Tank for hire and if you have the cash, they can prove any position you want them to.

This comment was edited on May 20, 15:11.

Huh? Lies?
Feb 3, 2004, 13:09
Huh? Lies? Feb 3, 2004, 13:09
Feb 3, 2004, 13:09

I still don't get why people think Valve is lying to everyone. They missed a ship date...who cares?

And everyone saying "I'll never trust them again"...trust them with what? Your bank account? The keys to your house? Trust them? Trust doesn't even come into the picture.

It's a fricken game. It's not like corporations were counting on this to upgrade their systems or something. It's a fricken game. So it's going to be a little late...I'll still play it. I don't care if Valve came out and admitted they fabricated the story of the source leak (which they couldn't have since the FBI got involved, and the FBI isn't going to just say "oh well" if they found out that Valve faked it), I'll still buy it. I don't care if Valve called us all salivating, pavlovian dogs waiting for this bone...I'll still probably buy it because it's probably going to be fun. If it's fun, WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAID OR DIDN"T SAY? If it's crap, then don't play.

Sheesh. You guys are taking this way too personally. Like Valve is sitting there laughing and saying "mwhahaha...we lied to them...mwhahaha...we're so evil".

82 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older