Descending
Limit Results:

82 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

Re: WoW
Dec 1, 2004, 15:20
Re: WoW Dec 1, 2004, 15:20
Dec 1, 2004, 15:20

Gamespot gave WoW a 9.5 in the review. And in case anyone forgot and is keeping score that other MMORPG that was released a few weeks ago got a 7.8 from Gamespot.

Of course, with all reviews if you like a game, no review is gonna make you change your mind.

Re: EQ2
Nov 24, 2004, 04:37
Re: EQ2 Nov 24, 2004, 04:37
Nov 24, 2004, 04:37

I was on the EQ2 beta. I was on the WoW beta. I bought WoW. I will not buy EQ2.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. EQ2 looks and feels like it was made by a bunch of guys punching a time-clock. No life, no feeling, blah. I mean, really blah.

To rearrange what someone else said "WoW wins in every department. no contest". So you see, they're opinions. Cheese likes EQ2, I like WoW. How does this help anyone? Do you REALLY want to take advice on a game with a monthly fee from a couple of goofballs on a forum?

Too bad that SOE didn't have an open beta to let everyone kinda test and see if they liked the game. The only way you can do it is to actually buy the game and try it. If you don't like it, you're out $50.

Re: No subject
Nov 22, 2004, 16:40
Re: No subject Nov 22, 2004, 16:40
Nov 22, 2004, 16:40

You're 42? You sure don't sound like it. My guess is 17.

Oh thanks! That's one of the kindest things someone's said to me in a long time. Yeah, I do feel like I'm 17 again. It's great. You're only as old as you feel!

Thanks buddy, made my day!

Nov 22, 2004, 16:39
Re: No subject Nov 22, 2004, 16:39
Nov 22, 2004, 16:39

You show your age and your ignorance with a comment like that. Pirates! _is_ one of the greatest games ever created. It's obvious that you have never played it. Were you even born when it came out? Somehow I doubt it.

Lol, why is everyone jumping over how old people are around here? Not EVERYONE played this game when it came out you know. I know because I didn't play it...yes, I've played games since around 1979...but no, this never crossed my path. So shoot me. Sheesh. Get over yourselves.

Nov 22, 2004, 16:32
Re: No subject Nov 22, 2004, 16:32
Nov 22, 2004, 16:32

I'm sure most kids on this site hadn't even been potty trained when this game came out.

Actually, I'm probably older than anyone else here...lol. Yes, older people play video games. Got hooked to computer games back in 1979 on my Apple II (wish I still had that btw)

But I was commenting on it as if the NEW version of the game was the one the VP of marketing was refering to. Not the original...which by the way I never played. Don't know why, just never crossed my path.

But perhaps the advice of S_DOG34 should be followed and just STFU.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 16:36.

Nov 22, 2004, 13:22
Re: No subject Nov 22, 2004, 13:22
Nov 22, 2004, 13:22

"Pirates! is recognized as one of the greatest games ever created...

Who recognizes this? What review out there has this in it? Oh, the Vice President of Marketing at Atari says this...ah.

So she recognized it as such. Wow, so it's kinda lucky she's also marketing it too! What a lucky gal!

EDIT: I should point out that I thought the VP was refering to the NEW version of the game, not the original...my mistake. I'm sure it will be the end-all-be-all to videogames that many have said the original was. Lighten up.
This comment was edited on Nov 22, 16:44.

Re: lag?
Nov 18, 2004, 04:19
Re: lag? Nov 18, 2004, 04:19
Nov 18, 2004, 04:19

I've played the beta for quite a while. The lag issue is something that they knew would happen and they were testing it..which was what the stress test was all about.

Then, from Monday to Today there has been zero lag as I've played. None, nada...anyone that says there is major lag is just spreading FUD for some strange unknown reason.

This game is ready to ship, nuff said. The stuff like battlegrounds and honor system etc will come later. Give it a chance. Anyone that's ever played a MMORPG knows it's never truely "finished" in terms of development.

Re: Bwahaha
Nov 8, 2004, 17:46
Re: Bwahaha Nov 8, 2004, 17:46
Nov 8, 2004, 17:46

Yeah, this is the same thing that happened to the EQ2 open beta when they let everyone test out EQ2....

Oh wait, that's right, they didn't show it to the public before they released it. They just packaged what they had and decided to sell the beta test.

Ah...

Nov 6, 2004, 12:50
Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 12:50
Nov 6, 2004, 12:50

I agree quite a bit with what you have to say Arcoril. But don't you agree, it finally comes down to what the person playing the game likes. If YOU like EQ2, then nothing I can say about how great WoW is over EQ2 will turn you. And vice versa really.

One thing I can't agree on is your liberal use of "serious gamers" or "hardcore MMORPG players". I'm about as hardcore as a person can get...but you seem to generalize everyone into Hardcore=EQ2, Casual=WoW which is just too simplistic. Having played both the EQ2 and WoW beta, I'm only buying WoW. OH, and BTW Paludal Caverns was added in the Luclin expansion...some 2 years ago. So it's been in the game for quite a while now.

Also, as you know, the leveling get's slower as you progress. If you personally can get to level 30 in 3 days, does that mean you could get to 60 in 6 days? Have you tried? True, the high end isn't all there, but I have faith in Blizzard as they've yet to let me down on a game...unlike SOE/Verant. Of course, there is always a first time for everything.

And do you really think that EQ2 is all that new and exciting and worthy of your money each month? I personally don't. When they actually finish the game in about 6 months...using your dollars to fund their development...then maybe I'll have another look. But this past month on the beta has been nothing but me swearing and saying "I can't belive they are putting this out now".

Good luck to you, I hope it works out. There IS room for more than one online world out there.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 14:21.

Nov 6, 2004, 07:56
Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 07:56
Nov 6, 2004, 07:56

Yes I was being rude to Cheese on purpose because he seems to go out of his way to be rude to everyone else.

Also, you preface your statements with the "pre-nerf Dwarven Mage". It's not the case anymore.

And as I stated before, I specifically started a new character this week to see just to test how long it took, on average, to level. I play all day long, over 8 hours a day, and he's only at level 16 after 5 days. And this is just doing quests. This is just playing, it's not trying to powerlevel myself to see how fast I can get nor am I in a race.

I know how to powerlevel myself. Cheese made it seem like from casual playing he got to 30 in 3 days, which just isn't true. Then he deleted it from his HD? Doesn't that sound just a tad bullshitish to you? Why did he agree to beta test something, then just delete it 3 days later, and all of a sudden knows everything about the game?

But to address the fast leveling problem, I can level myself very quickly on any game for that matter. In EQ I could get to level 20 in a day...that's it...a day. One zone...Paludal Caverns. Does anyone complain about EQ being too quick to level?

But it all comes down to this, if you like EQ2 in it's present state, by all means buy it and play it. I've played WoW for months now and I'm buying it...but not EQ2. It's a personal thing when it just comes down to it. Good luck to you people going to EQ2 and I certainly wish you the best.

Nov 6, 2004, 04:58
Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 04:58
Nov 6, 2004, 04:58

I'm a MMORPG veteren of EQ/DAoC/AC/AO/SWG. I've played EQ on and off for almost 5 years, the others less so with DAoC and AO lasting over a year. I was on the EQ2 beta and the WoW beta. I kinda know what I'm talking about when it comes to these types of games. Also, I don't work (long story, but I'm handicapped) outside the home...which frees up a large amount of time to play and test these games.

Now, it's all subjective I suppose. I mean, if you like one game over the other, then so be it. No one is going to tell you that the one you choose is wrong because that only makes you defensive and it's not every constructive.

Having said that, I can only go by what MY experiences are with these two games. EQ2 just doesn't have it. It's lifeless. It's boring. Let me repeat that, it's boring. EQ2 has the feel that it was just put together by employees punching a clock. No life, not fun...just...blah. Also, putting this game out next week when it's in the state it's in shows that they don't really care about the game, all they look at is the bottom line. The numbers. "Let's get this game out now so we don't get bitten by WoW...we'll fix it later but let people start paying now for us to fix it". That's their attitude.

Also, Cheese, you're simply lying if you say that you got your character to level 30 in 3 days in WoW. Yes, it's a bold face lie. If you wish to promote EQ2 then fine, promote it, but do NOT resort to blatent lying to do it. If you got your character to level 30 in 3 days, please, enlighten us on HOW you did that. What race/class combo did you use? Where did you go? How did you level so fast? Details? Hm...?

To put it into perspective for you, I recently started an Undead Rogue on WoW this past week to track how long it took to level. On average this past week I played around 7 to 8 hours daily. Here at Saturday Morning I've only gotten him to level 16. That's it....16. After 5 days. By your calculation's Cheese I should be about level 50.

The thing is, I don't notice it. I'm not always striving to "make one more level" or "I really need to get a _______ (insert item here) so I can look better". It's not a leveling treadmill. And again, it's FUN. Remember fun? Fun is the REASON we play these games.

Now on to grouping. In EQ2 you have to group...no two ways about it. Grouping in WoW is needed on certain things that is a given. When you're doing Elite mobs for instance. When your taking down a major named mob you need a group. There is just no way to take them down unless you have a group. An instanced dungeon is another. Sure, you can solo all of this if you wait quite a while to level up about 15 levels above the instanced dungeon you want...but that's true of just about any game until you get into the high-end of the game.

But bottom line...I've been on the WoW beta for about 7 months now, the EQ2 beta for a month....I'm not at ALL tired of WoW but EQ2 is just...zzzzzzzz. By your account I should be bored with WoW now and wanting the "deeper content" of EQ2...but again, your experience may be different(though we now know Cheese hasn't played WoW yet).
This comment was edited on Nov 6, 05:01.

Re: Hey Cheese...
Nov 5, 2004, 16:04
Re: Hey Cheese... Nov 5, 2004, 16:04
Nov 5, 2004, 16:04

Cheese.

I'm in both the WoW beta and the EQ2 beta. Sorry to inform you, EQ2 is just plain bad. Graphics are plastic and just unreal looking...the gameplay is BORING and as I said before:

EQ2 has the feel that it was just put together by employees punching a clock. No life, not fun...just...blah. Also, they putting this game out next week when it's in the state it's in shows that they don't really care about the game, all they look at is the bottom line. The numbers. "Let's get this game out now so we don't get bitten by WoW...we'll fix it later but let people start paying now for us to fix it". That's their attitude.

But really, if YOU think that EQ2 is better, then play it. What's stopping you? Why can't people play one game or the other...is it money out of your pocket if someone plays WoW instead? Why are you getting so worked up about this? Sheesh

Re: Lets See WoW beat this Shot
Nov 5, 2004, 04:43
Re: Lets See WoW beat this Shot Nov 5, 2004, 04:43
Nov 5, 2004, 04:43

Put it this way, I've played just about every major MMORPG out there, give or take a few. EQ (off and on for 5 years), EQ2 beta, Asheron's Call 1 and 2, UO (for a short time), DAoC, SWG, Matrix Online beta. Granted, I only played EQ for an extended time, the others I tried for at least a month before dumping.

Of all the betas I'm playing now, I'm only buying WoW. It's deeper, better and all around more fun than any other MMORPG I've ever played. Period. EQ2 has potential, but it's NOT READY for release yet. But to compare the two now, WoW just blows it away in every department. EQ2 seems to be made by people that are just tired...made by people where they punch a timeclock to come to work, churn out the game then go home. It's lifeless...no passion...no fun really.

WoW on the other hand looks like it's made from people that are hungry, they're fun, they WANT it to be the best. Granted, these are just feelings and vibes I'm picking up while playing both games. Hard to describe, but it's there.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 04:43.

Re: DING!
Nov 4, 2004, 19:18
Re: DING! Nov 4, 2004, 19:18
Nov 4, 2004, 19:18

This will last far longer than 2-3 months. Yes, you could take a character up in that time to 60. But then you can start over with another race...which has different quests/storyline for you to explore. For instance, how many Dwarves are exploring and doing quests throughout Silverpine Forest?

I can see this lasting a very long time if you want it to, as long as it keeps fresh and fun. Once it stops being fun, I'll stop playing. I'm not going to get on that leveling treadmill chores of EQ ever again. So far with WoW I've been playing and I don't even care what level I am or what "phat lewtz" I have...and I've been having a blast. Undead rogues are so much fun!

Re: Kudos!
Nov 1, 2004, 14:46
Re: Kudos! Nov 1, 2004, 14:46
Nov 1, 2004, 14:46

whats strange is Im having no issues with this game.. wonder what the issues are

What this patch will do is make sure everyone will have issues with the game, that way everyone is on an even footing.

Re: So?
Oct 29, 2004, 08:00
Re: So? Oct 29, 2004, 08:00
Oct 29, 2004, 08:00

I'm looking forward to WoW, been following it since day one when they announced it...what...2 years ago or something?

Anyway, I've been playing the Guildwars World Preview Event since yesterday and after the "wow, pretty" effect wore off, I was fighting to stay awake. I mean...zzzzzzzz. But of course, this isn't the final game. But so far, what a snoozer.

Yeah, I know, only been playing it 24 hours, but frankly, there isn't much more to the game then what I've seen so far. NOT TO MENTION the fact that every Diablo person and his little brother were there doing the great "this game is gay" or "this game roxors" and of course the rage people that like nothing better than to harass. No, there is no /ignore command (yet).

Paying a monthly fee is sort of like the first line of defense against little idiots. Second line is the /ignore. Third line is finding out who they are and getting a baseball bat and....oh nevermind!

Oct 28, 2004, 07:49
Re: No subject Oct 28, 2004, 07:49
Oct 28, 2004, 07:49

Oh, the Battle for Middle-Earth...and to tell the truth, this is actually the first time I've ever heard of "The Witcher".

No subject
Oct 28, 2004, 07:37
No subject Oct 28, 2004, 07:37
Oct 28, 2004, 07:37

I'm pretty jazzed about this game. It's one of the main ones I'm looking forward to this year...the others being HL2 and WoW. Was going to say GuildWars also, but that's not officially out until Feburary or so

Inferno
Oct 27, 2004, 07:45
Inferno Oct 27, 2004, 07:45
Oct 27, 2004, 07:45

Inferno was my favorite map to play, and anything originial would be nice to see also.

Re: Lmao
Oct 26, 2004, 17:36
Re: Lmao Oct 26, 2004, 17:36
Oct 26, 2004, 17:36

If you just right click to get the flash menu, just go to play instead of "loop" and it will start.

It's still really messed up and you can't really do anything, but you see some cartoon boobage...for what it's worth.

82 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older