Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 511 (Apprentice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
40. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 26, 2016, 05:28 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 04:14:
John Romero wants to make you his pitch!

They should have gone with that, just get the elephant out of the room asap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration
5. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 20, 2016, 21:45 BIGtrouble77

I don't really care if john succeeds or not, but he announces an awful lot that never seems to materialize into much.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
10. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 18, 2016, 13:19 BIGtrouble77

Never thought Infinity Blade for the PC would be so popular.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 17, 2016, 16:34 BIGtrouble77

I don't get what the issue is with iPhone ringtones. My 7 year old wanted to do an April Fools prank on me by setting my ringtone to the song "Stitches", my least favorite song ever. He got the ok from my wife to buy the song and set it as a ring tone all by himself. Why is this a controversy?  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
18. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 17:43 BIGtrouble77

I think Hello Games would be crazy to not support VR for this title, especially at this price point. Atmosphere is the best thing this game has going for it and that's what's needed for a great VR experience. What was demoed in this video gives me even more concern that this game is going to feel repetitive very quickly. The people bitching about elite being boring have usually sunk in over 500 hours- I was bored by this video within 10 minutes.

As far as Elite is concerned, I don't think people understand how refined Elite's core systems are and how much polish the game has. I understand that it's got some serious bugs (mostly around the networking side of things), but the game has a level of completeness that this game and Star Citizen are still no where near. Problem with Elite is that they have worked on these core systems to a fault, they've neglected to create enough content on top of this foundation which is very frustrating.

News Comments > Stellaris Trailer
5. Re: Stellaris Trailer Apr 9, 2016, 00:32 BIGtrouble77

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 19:23:
Damn gangster! I am down for this! Please don't suck!
I've been watching the streams for the past month... I can assure you that the game will not suck. The grand strategy elements of eu4 and ck2 have been adopted to fit really well with this game.

News Comments > Kenshi Early Access Beta
3. Re: Kenshi Early Access Beta Apr 1, 2016, 14:26 BIGtrouble77

Caladell wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 14:13:
Edit: About the game itself, I'll have to check it out again. I bought it ages ago, back when it was only on Desura. Been waiting for it to actually become a game. The premise is interesting, so I hope it turns out to be good.

It's definitely worth checking out just to see the new world, it's radically different from the early days. I like the direction they are taking, but you do have to tip toe around tons of bugs. The guys developing this are clearly not very experienced, but they keep pushing forward and have created something really unique.

News Comments > Kenshi Early Access Beta
1. Re: Kenshi Early Access Beta Apr 1, 2016, 11:19 BIGtrouble77

As usual their Steam forums are fillled with a bunch of whining children complaining about crashes and unmet expectations in the experimental branch. It turned from a cringeworthy love fest to entitled bitch-out session in no less than a couple hours. I absolutely hate this game because of the community.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 20:36 BIGtrouble77

I've been playing Stardew Valley with my 7 year old son for the past 3 weeks. It's been a nice break from Minecraft!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 25, 2016, 16:53 BIGtrouble77

I think people are making way more of this then they should be. All NPM needs to do is let devs remove their packages from search, but keep archive versions to address these dependency issues. If you are doing open source work and are publishing it in one of these package management repos, then you should do so with the understanding that you have a responsibility to the community to not fuck them over. The offending package was a 17 line "right justify" lib.  

News Comments > Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha Rolls Out
7. Re: Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha Rolls Out Mar 22, 2016, 23:20 BIGtrouble77

Elite is definitely going to be using tech from this game, most likely "earth-like" planetary landings.  

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released
22. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released Mar 22, 2016, 23:17 BIGtrouble77

I'm definitely grabbing this, the original is phenomenal. The problem with the original is that the visuals look very crowded, I think the way they digitized the graphics wasn't as good as their previous games.

The cleanup they did in this version actually looks really well done plus it has the mode to jump between the two versions (like MI1 & MI2 had). That said, I'd prefer to play this on mobile but it doesn't look like that's coming out any time soon.

News Comments > Egypt Civilization Demo
9. Re: Egypt Civilization Demo Mar 16, 2016, 18:45 BIGtrouble77

Sacrifice wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 18:07:
I signed up a few hours ago, still waiting for an email with the link to a demo.
I got mine and played for about 30 min. The map is really nice, the animated units are nice, but the whole thing does feel like a simple mobile game. I didn't get that far, but I don't think there's much depth here unfortunately. Note that it looks like it's the complete game, just without a save feature.

News Comments > Egypt Civilization Demo
7. Re: Egypt Civilization Demo Mar 16, 2016, 17:55 BIGtrouble77

If you look at the company's previous games, this appears to be an extension of some terrible looking mobile games. That said, this looks like a huge improvement that's worth looking into.  

News Comments > CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want
12. Re: CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want Mar 16, 2016, 04:25 BIGtrouble77

Is this the same thing as the Dunia engine?  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 14, 2016, 12:51 BIGtrouble77

Really enjoyed the whole series (like 6 hour long episodes) Matt did with Rob, he has an incredible resume.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
10. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 11:25 BIGtrouble77

Orson Welles once said "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations".  

News Comments > Urban Empire Announced
1. Re: Urban Empire Announced Mar 10, 2016, 21:58 BIGtrouble77

This looks like it's based off of their Tropico codebase.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 10, 2016, 16:27 BIGtrouble77

I really don't understand why Nvidia takes such a negative role in GPU shenanigans. Nvidia was done serious harm by3dfx years ago yet they are more than happy to take part in the same level of deception and bad behavior.

edit: I don't know if nvidia had any part in this article, I'm basing my frustration on historical behavior.

News Comments > Punch Club Free Content
2. Re: Punch Club Free Content Mar 9, 2016, 18:49 BIGtrouble77

I played this game for 2 hours, then I watched Total Biscuit's review. Haven't played since and I don't plan to. This game is beyond fixable which is a shame since the fantastic pixel art is completely wasted.  

511 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo