Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 563 (Apprentice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Stellaris DLC and Patch
4. Re: Stellaris DLC and Patch Oct 20, 2016, 13:58 BIGtrouble77

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 11:12:
As an FYI, any games you have saved under the older 1.2 version are not compatible with the latest patch.
This is really uncharacteristic of Paradox, I don't think I've ever gotten an update in ck2, eu4 or victoria2 that was incompatible with previous saves. That said, I'm not loving my current game so I'm good to start over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Announced
14. Re: Star Control: Origins Announced Oct 18, 2016, 20:58 BIGtrouble77

christheshitter wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 19:23:
Just tried Galactic Civilizations, the first one from the same developer. I say yuck! What is this crap of a space strategy game!

I've played much batter strategy games!
GalCiv III is hardly crap, albeit it's not my favorite 4x space game. GalCiv II was the best of the genre until Distant Worlds came out imo, and then a host of other 4X space games saturated the space.

Frogboy has been bragging about this IP for a while now. Interesting to see some progress on SC, but it hardly looks impressive. I think Endess Space 2 is going to get my money next.

News Comments > Stellaris DLC This Week; New Trailer
6. Re: Stellaris DLC This Week; New Trailer Oct 17, 2016, 20:01 BIGtrouble77

ShakyJake wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 17:21:
I'd say it's certainly more approachable to the casual gamer than any other Paradox game, save perhaps Crusader Kings 2. Stellaris so far has been the best 4x game I've played in at least a decade.
And then there are those that say CK2 is the hardest one to get into and EUIV is "accessible". I love CK2, I have over 400 hours in it, and yet I have still not been able to crack the EUIV wall.

I gave Stellaris a go at launch, but it didn't come close to Distant Worlds. I think I'll give it another try soon and possibly pick up the DLC if I enjoy it. That said, this game is easy to start, but I understand that it's the mid to late game where the complexity presents itself.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 16, 2016, 19:08 BIGtrouble77

I bought the Archer 5400 a couple weeks ago for around $175 from Newegg, steeply discounted. I really wanted a mesh network, but they are going for $400 right now. These high end routers (archer, nighthawk, etc) are ok, but only buy them on sale, they are going to be obsoleted in the next year or so.

News Comments > Underrail: Expedition Announced
4. Re: Underrail: Expedition Announced Oct 11, 2016, 14:03 BIGtrouble77

Lord Tea wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 13:26:
Great. I'm looking forward to this DLC. Underrail is a really cool, challenging old school RPG, unforgiving and hardcore on its highest difficulty level

I got the main game during a Steam sale and it's worth every penny. It's one of the very few games worth of a 2nd/3rd playthrough.

The only thing that's been holding me back is that it looks very repetitive. Do you disagree?

News Comments > Stellaris Leviathans Story Pack This Month
4. Re: Stellaris Leviathans Story Pack This Month Oct 10, 2016, 15:19 BIGtrouble77

Every time I go to play this game I end up getting bored, quit and fire up Distant Worlds. Now the trick is to figure out if this DLC ultimately makes this game fun and worth playing over DW.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
38. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 14:43 BIGtrouble77

Dacron wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 14:34:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 13:49:
The delays don't bother me. I've stopped updating my client months ago since it goes against my DL caps (I just love canada) and I usually only play for a few minutes.

If you're on the westcoast, check out shaws new 150. 1TB limit, 150mbps, $5 more than their 30 for the first 2 years.
Thanks for the heads up, I am on the West Coast. I currently have the Telus dual DSL which is pretty fast (75down/50up), but very expensive. Definitely going to look into this.

29. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 13:49 BIGtrouble77

The delays don't bother me. I've stopped updating my client months ago since it goes against my DL caps (I just love canada) and I usually only play for a few minutes.

As long as their funding can see this thing through to the end, I'm fine with delays. I only spent $35, so my expectations are for what I would get out of any $35 purchase- about 35 hours of enjoyment. Anyway, didn't they just recently scrap a good portion of Squadron 42 for some technical reason?

27. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 13:39 BIGtrouble77

Still in progress: All of the hard-to-do core stuff that's not needed for flashy demos.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Oct 4, 2016, 13:22 BIGtrouble77

Anyone know if the new Stardew Valley update is compatible with old save games?  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2016, 20:33 BIGtrouble77

Whatever happened to Romero's kickstarter? Last I heard he said they were going to put together a playable demo, then crickets.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 29, 2016, 15:11 BIGtrouble77

Fion wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 12:52:
Ah... PS VR is cheaper than PC VR options because it isn't remotely as capable.

This is what frustrates me about the state of VR at the moment. People are going to come to conclusions about whether VR is good or not based on hardware that is still not ready, especially on consoles. It's like saying making music on a guitar is not viable because the piece of shit you own can't stay in tune. What you are playing may not be viable, but decent guitars sure are.

In a generation or two VR will have sufficient "affordable" hardware, I just hope it's not dismissed as a gimmick by then.

News Comments > Sunless Skies Announced
6. Re: Sunless Skies Announced Sep 25, 2016, 03:12 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 02:45:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 02:42:
I really like sunless sea, but don't play it as much as I should. That said, I'm not sure where they got the name "Sunless SKIES" when it takes place in space.

Didn't you read the above text? They spell it out. See #5.
I did read it, but I guess I was thinking of it from the perspective of someone flying in space, not on a planet.

News Comments > Sunless Skies Announced
3. Re: Sunless Skies Announced Sep 25, 2016, 02:42 BIGtrouble77

I really like sunless sea, but don't play it as much as I should. That said, I'm not sure where they got the name "Sunless SKIES" when it takes place in space.  

News Comments > Sorcery! Part 4: The Crown of Kings Released
3. Re: Sorcery! Part 4: The Crown of Kings Released Sep 22, 2016, 13:27 BIGtrouble77

Reminds me I have to finish playing through part 1. These gamebooks are the only thing I like playing on mobile lately.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2016, 13:46 BIGtrouble77

The smartphone industry is in a weird place now. Samsung is dealing with their billion dollar disaster based on their own hubris, google is already trying to reinvent themselves with what is going to be an overpriced dud and apple is justifying destruction of their customer's confidence because they are brave.

I would normally say I'm happy to be an iPhone user, but iOS10 has been horrendous for me and upgrading to an iPhone7 seems like a step back from my 6Plus. If I could go back to where I was 2 weeks ago, I'd be set for the next year.

2016 is just a year to forget, hopefully next year everyone gets their shit together and releases some good hardware with software that works.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Kongo Trailer
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Kongo Trailer Sep 5, 2016, 13:56 BIGtrouble77

I still think Civ's gameplay mechanics are dated and need an overhaul, but I will do a 180 on the art style criticisms I made... visually, the game looks pretty spectacular.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2016, 13:20 BIGtrouble77

With these tax situations I've learned to hate the game, not the players. Every large international company is playing these games, but apple gets the headlines because of their mass appeal and scale. This little tax tweak existed to save Apple $15b, that's insane.

These tax sheltering games are bullshit and need to go away. Happy the EU has the backbone to set this shit straight, as they should. But all companies need to be held to this standard, it's well know that Ireland is a tax shelter for many large US companies.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 14:36 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 12:29:

* JDreyer waits patiently for RimWorld to go on sale *

If you are waiting, then you are missing out. $30 for a game that I might end up putting 500 hours into is a steal.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released
6. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released Aug 25, 2016, 19:06 BIGtrouble77

Desalus wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 17:06:
Yes, the assumption I was making is you wait longer and then get a full expansion pack instead of everything being released in small chunks with heavily inflated prices.

It looks like they are finally releasing all of the minor dlc in a "content pack" for $5. That's something I've been requesting for years. They can charge what they think is fair, but don't release 1 major dlc with 7 minor ones. I'm fine with the major dlc and the "everything else" dlc.

563 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo