Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 821 (Graduate)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned
8. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 12:41 BIGtrouble77

I figured this was going to turn into a NMS appreciation thread. To continue improving the game this far out after all the launch shit went down is truly impressive. I don't have the game or plan to buy it, but can't stand how horribly entitled gamers can be... those guys didn't deserve the level of backlash they got.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch
7. Re: Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch Jul 18, 2018, 13:05 BIGtrouble77

I'll definitely tune in if some politician plays Crusader Kings 2.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
22. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 16:58 BIGtrouble77

Shreek wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 16:39:
I learned my lesson with early access games once, and once is enough. I'll never give any more than $20 to a kickstarter again. I know of people who spent upwards of $1000 (some a lot more) to fund Shroud of the Avatar three years before it released and that didn't turn out too well for them.

Only game I backed that I regretted was Shroud of the Avatar. Garriot wanted to do what Roberts was doing so bad, but it never panned out quite so well for him. That said, I think the funds they got required them to be frugal and they got it done, which I admire. My disappointment is that Pillars of Eternity is a much better game and hits those single player Ultima urges better. I never wanted to be a part of a weird online community for a mostly crappy game.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 11, 2018, 15:04 BIGtrouble77

I have an iPhone X with no such issues. That's usually the case as Apple devs never use anything but the latest devices.  

News Comments > Ronda Rousey WWE 2K19 Preorder Bonus
10. Re: Ronda Rousey WWE 2K19 Preorder Bonus Jul 10, 2018, 15:42 BIGtrouble77

ItBurn wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 14:27:
Yeah, I don't understand the hate.
I think the hate was mostly around how arrogant she got. To anyone interested in fighting, her fame never came close to meeting her perceived skill level. Since leaving the sport she once "dominated", she's now doing fake fighting, something her detractors can latch on to easily. Add to that she dated (married?) a guy accused of spousal abuse.

I don't hate her, but I don't spend much time looking into anything associated with her, this thread being the exception.

News Comments > PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit
3. Re: PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit Jun 27, 2018, 11:53 BIGtrouble77

I'm sure Tencent's interest in all of this had something to do with Bluehole dropping the suit. The reality is that Tencent is going to majority own Fortnight and PUBG in the next year or so.  

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
11. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 21:39 BIGtrouble77

Choobeastia wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 20:25:
That's like saying that George R.R. Martin is taking too long on the next Game of Thrones book, so an HBO writer should write it instead, and then try to claim that he wasn't the original author because he has a publishing company. Just let the court decide, rather than looking at the world all, "I like Guy A more than Guy B, so Guy A is totes right ya'll!"
There are a ton of details that your analogy does not consider. That said, I agree that we should just let the courts figure it out. From my perspective, it seems like Stardock is operating in good faith and the original creators are not. Stardock bought the IP with the obvious intention to make a game. There has been absolutely no movement on the IP for over 30 years so it's a stretch for me to see any damages this might cause Fred and Paul. It's not certain that Star Control is even a profitable IP at this point, Star Dock took a risk spending any money on this.

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
2. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 12:50 BIGtrouble77

This may be the first time where I have little support for the original creators.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 22, 2018, 11:04 BIGtrouble77

I convinced myself I'm going to spend no more than $30 this sale... GalCiv III Deluxe edition is finally not absurdly expensive, but Surviving Mars is only $25... decisions.  

News Comments > PUBG Sanhok Launches
9. Re: PUBG Sanhok Launches Jun 19, 2018, 17:25 BIGtrouble77

fawker wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 17:11:
I think the devs are russian, or in the general area.
They are a combination of South Korean and American teams.

News Comments > Steam Game Removals
9. Re: Steam Game Removals Jun 8, 2018, 12:56 BIGtrouble77

Problem is at some point they are going to have to address the elephant in the room... that being GTA. Shitty controversial games are a no brainer, but what about a well developed controversial game from a major publisher?  

News Comments > Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale
4. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 4, 2018, 13:27 BIGtrouble77

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 12:29:
I am one of the two persons that has never played this game but I sure love XCOM so I'll definitely try this out.
I was originally turned off to the game because the AI knew the player locations. But as I played it over the years that detail didn't matter, the AI still behaves as I would like. It really did take all of the best things from the original xcom and made them better.

News Comments > Battlefield V Details
3. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 12:02 BIGtrouble77

As usual (with BF games), I'll have a great time the first month. Then the kids will get their 500 hours in and just destroy me before I can get out of the spawn area.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 4, 2018, 11:43 BIGtrouble77

When I lived in Canada they had just implemented these laws. RCMP would literally stand at lights and walk up to cars and give citations if they noticed anyone glanced at their phone. I'm all for punishing distracted drivers, but they took it to insane levels.

Meanwhile, junkies down the street are either getting narcon shots or breaking into cars in broad daylight. I loved Canada, but man their priorities are fucked up.

News Comments > Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale
1. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 4, 2018, 11:23 BIGtrouble77

I still play this game today. IMO, it's the best XCOM game since the original.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month
7. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month Jun 1, 2018, 15:12 BIGtrouble77

Bodolza wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 13:32:
If they'd just add the option to fast-travel to stations, it would eliminate a huge chuck of the boring grind. Take a lesson from TES.
And next all racing games need fast travel because they are boring as fuck and I don't get them.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month
2. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month Jun 1, 2018, 12:39 BIGtrouble77

This update is free so it must be a scam.  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
26. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 29, 2018, 15:38 BIGtrouble77

Linksil wrote on May 29, 2018, 15:34:
If I remember right from when they talked about this months ago they aren't suing because of the BR mode, but because of the back end tricks they used for the Unreal engine to make PUBG work. They partnered with Epic and their programmers worked together to make the tech that involved getting that many players onto a map and not die. Now Epic is using that tech for Fortnite free of charge. It's all going to come down to the contract and how sharing code works within it.
That might be what they are claiming now, but it sure wasn't when this first blew up.

Edit:
"We've had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG's development as they are the creators of UE4, the engine we licensed for the game," said Bluehole VP and executive producer Chang Han Kim. "After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known."

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
25. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 29, 2018, 15:37 BIGtrouble77

I understand why the PUBG guys are pissed, what Epic did was pretty shady. I think this should be a cautionary tale for companies doing "partnerships with companies that can eat them alive". Now it's all sour grapes on the PUBG side and I find it hard to support them considering the level of success they've had. It's going to be hard to prove any damages, but then I know nothing about Korean law.

News Comments > The Golf Club 2019 and the PGA Tour
1. Re: The Golf Club 2019 and the PGA Tour May 23, 2018, 12:31 BIGtrouble77

Golfing on the PC is so bad that I still play Links386 when I get the itch.  

821 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo