Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 818 (Graduate)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 17, 2018, 13:21 BIGtrouble77

I understand this happening when a Collector's Edition or something like that comes after the game is out... people probably don't want to buy the game twice. But what's the rationale of not including it before the game has released? I would think collectors would want physical media.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA 20XX Reviews
22. Re: NVIDIA 20XX Reviews Oct 16, 2018, 15:53 BIGtrouble77

1080TI still seems to be the sweet spot at the high end. I got an Evga Black Edition for $600 last month. Until those stocks are completely depleted, I think it's going to be a much better buy than any of the 20XX generation cards.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 8, 2018, 11:33 BIGtrouble77

What the hell is up with the UK and their Sims fetish?  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
12. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 1, 2018, 02:35 BIGtrouble77

Self driving cars don't make sense to me, we should be putting resources into smart roads. You don't need crazy complex AI for a road to manage the cars on it and all of the variables that come with that. The problem is that once you've centralized this problem, all of those patents for autonomous cars are worthless. There's just too much money in the current flawed approach.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2018, 16:15 BIGtrouble77

Cram wrote on Sep 26, 2018, 11:44:
Curious how the 2070 will stand against the 1080ti - Also curious how much stock will be left of the 1080ti's by the end of October as well.
Since the 1080ti is virtually identical to the 2080 in performance, my guess is that it's going to be worse, but support the RTX extensions that most of us don't care about.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
15. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 13:30 BIGtrouble77

Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 13:13:
Cram wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 13:09:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 12:27:
Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:40:
Darks wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:26:
For the price of this card and the small amount of increased fps compared to my 1080 Ti FTW3. No thanks, Ill stick with my card for the next few years until these cards get much better, and faster. The current price of $1200 is beyond what these cards are worth.

The 2080 is the same price, more or less, than the 1080ti, is more futureproof, and does a bit better. If you're buying now, buying the 1080ti makes no sense.

As for you, do you routinely buy a new graphics card every year? You have the most powerful of the last generation. How many people actually buy a new card every gen? Did you also have a 980ti? Most people wait at least 2, if not 3, if not 4 or even 5 generations to upgrade. Unless you're demanding 4k or VR, 3 seems to be the sweet spot.

Sorry, but I disagree. I just bought a MSI 1080 ti new for under $400. With those prices it is asinine to purchase the 20xx cards.

Indeed, I'm seeing new 1080ti's upwards of $150-200+ (CAD) cheaper then entry level board partner 2080s (example: non strix Asus 2080). That's just browsing for a couple minutes comparing, there are likely even better deals with a little research.

I'm not looking to buy, so not really price shopping, but the cheapest 1080ti on Newegg is $675. The cheapest 2080 is $750.
I've been holding off buying a card to see how these turned out. I just put in an order for the EVGA 1080TI SC Black Edition. Even if the 2080 is a $100 more, I don't think it's worth it especially if it's going to be a pos Zotech card. I think a 12gb EVGA card with good samsung memory is a better bet at this point.

News Comments > New AMD Drivers
1. Re: New AMD Drivers Sep 13, 2018, 16:46 BIGtrouble77

I have never been able to get Freesync working properly with my rx480. It's enabled on my monitor, but I still get awful tearing if I turn vsync off and nothing feels smooth. I cap FPS at 60 or 75, always looks and feels terrible.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 7, 2018, 12:06 BIGtrouble77

FDEV should have understood that people outfitting their ships for exploration would be royally pissed over having to deal with Thargoids... my guess is most of the ships probably weren't outfitted with any weapons and/or shieldless. Maybe FDEV is just trying to reinforce the "Dangerous" part these days.  

News Comments > SCUM Sells Well, Wipes Servers
2. Re: SCUM Sells Well, Wipes Servers Sep 6, 2018, 17:18 BIGtrouble77

I feel like this type of game should not come out before net code has been hardened to a level where you can reasonably have 100 players. That does not seem to be the case here based on what I've been reading.  

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
7. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 14:52 BIGtrouble77

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 12:14:
Darks wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 11:52:
Unbelievable, another nut case kid with mental health issues that got passed though the system and no one acted upon this kid knowing he was mentally messed up.

And on top of that he was sold two guns the previous month. I mean, how the fricking hell does someone with a know mental problem get sold weapons? The system is so screwed up. Gun shop owners should be held accountable and made to be more stringent on who they sell weapons to.

Im not against the 2nd amendment or taking weapons away. I have my own weapons. but they really need to fix the system so these types cant get a hold of guns so easily.

It's a bullshit excuse used by the GOP to protect the weapon manufacturers. Fact is most gun crime are crimes of passion. So way more people who are "normal" are shooting other people simply because they said yes to the wrong impulse. If you start giving psych evaluations to everyone where does the cutoff begin? You can't accurately predict who's going to snap and go on a shooting spree and who isn't. Guy in Las Vegas was a perfect example of that. Replay any of these mass-shooting scenarios and replace the guns with a blade or club and you're not going to see anything close to the sort of harm that's done with guns.

The reality is, if you allow everyone to arm themselves to the teeth and do that in public this is going to happen. It does happen in the US every single day now. It's so common in fact most of it doesn't even make the new anymore. Yet, in countries with stringent gun controls you don't see anything remotely close to what's going on in the US. So blame it on mental health all you like, hell even change the laws on it, but you're not going to see these things stop when everyone and his dog is walking around strapped.
Well said. Having lived in both Canada and the US, I have to say there are no fewer crazy people in Canada, just fewer guns to contribute to deadly crimes of passion. Lots of knifing attacks in my old town, but rarely resulted in death.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 17, 2018, 13:47 BIGtrouble77

So that Mega Drive game port is coming to the Vita and not the Switch? What a waste.  

News Comments > Tropico 6 Delayed; New Trailer
2. Re: Tropico 6 Delayed; New Trailer Aug 16, 2018, 17:16 BIGtrouble77

I need to see a "What's different?" trailer. Looks exactly like Tropic 5, which looked exactly like Tropic 4 which looked exactly like Tropico 3.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2018, 17:29 BIGtrouble77

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 16:25:
Free speech won't be affected but idiots passing off bullshit as real might.

He definitely toes the line of free speech and libel, but it gets me really uncomfortable when guys like this are silenced. He's just someone with a lot of bad ideas that should be ridiculed, not silenced. I certainly don't want Google, Apple and Facebook deciding what should be censored and what shouldn't, our news and information streams flow too much through these companies to begin with. They should not have the power to censor what we consume on a whim- We may not loose any sleep over Alex Jones going away, but it sets a terrible prescident.

News Comments > Surviving Mars Adds Creative Mode
2. Re: Surviving Mars Adds Creative Mode Aug 6, 2018, 17:17 BIGtrouble77

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 13:19:
Well of course Apple and Apple users are dicks. I'm surprised they didn't go with Galileo or Newton instead.

I guess this proves there is always an opportunity to take pot shots at Apple & Apple users no matter the subject. Cutter, you are a piece of garbage, but that's been obvious for the past decade of reading your drivel on this site.

News Comments > Madden NFL 19 PC Gameplay Footage
6. Re: Madden NFL 19 PC Gameplay Footage Aug 2, 2018, 19:47 BIGtrouble77

What Rigs said.  

News Comments > Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire
1. Re: Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire Jul 30, 2018, 11:52 BIGtrouble77

Backdoor crypto mining should have a no tolerance policy. Ban the developer for life. I have not released anything on steam, but developer accounts should be tied to real people that have to be verified by some process.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned
12. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 13:10 BIGtrouble77

Nailbender wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 12:55:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 12:41:
I figured this was going to turn into a NMS appreciation thread. To continue improving the game this far out after all the launch shit went down is truly impressive. I don't have the game or plan to buy it, but can't stand how horribly entitled gamers can be... those guys didn't deserve the level of backlash they got.

Oh, I think they ABSOLUTELY deserved the backlash they got, initially.
My issue was with the prolonged effort to destroy the guy's life. Gamers have every right to get mad, boycott, etc. But threatening people and doing everything in their power to destroy them is an unfortunate trait of the gaming community.

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned
8. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 12:41 BIGtrouble77

I figured this was going to turn into a NMS appreciation thread. To continue improving the game this far out after all the launch shit went down is truly impressive. I don't have the game or plan to buy it, but can't stand how horribly entitled gamers can be... those guys didn't deserve the level of backlash they got.  

News Comments > Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch
7. Re: Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch Jul 18, 2018, 13:05 BIGtrouble77

I'll definitely tune in if some politician plays Crusader Kings 2.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
22. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 16:58 BIGtrouble77

Shreek wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 16:39:
I learned my lesson with early access games once, and once is enough. I'll never give any more than $20 to a kickstarter again. I know of people who spent upwards of $1000 (some a lot more) to fund Shroud of the Avatar three years before it released and that didn't turn out too well for them.

Only game I backed that I regretted was Shroud of the Avatar. Garriot wanted to do what Roberts was doing so bad, but it never panned out quite so well for him. That said, I think the funds they got required them to be frugal and they got it done, which I admire. My disappointment is that Pillars of Eternity is a much better game and hits those single player Ultima urges better. I never wanted to be a part of a weird online community for a mostly crappy game.

818 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo