Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 484 (Amateur)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Tomorrow
7. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Tomorrow Jun 15, 2016, 23:06 BIGtrouble77

I don't get this game, they never show any of the management features in their trailers. It's like watching game trailers that only show cutscenes.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released
4. Re: Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released Jun 15, 2016, 22:59 BIGtrouble77

I contracted on Civ III back in 2001- it would be amazingly awesome if they released an expansion for it 15 years later, but I think we used 3dsmax4... not sure if that's Windows 10 compatible.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2016, 18:43 BIGtrouble77

I got Lyme's disease 5 years ago... got bitten in the Pine Barrens of NJ.

I thought I was dying for 4 months. Whole body ached, zero energy, could barely get out of bed. Fortunately the company I worked for let me work part time from home for that period and paid me my full salary. I recovered in just enough time to not have to go on disability. Even though the worst part was for only 4 months, I felt the effects for over a year after. I think some fatigue issues I have today are attributed to my time with Lyme's.

Lyme's is very serious. I never knew how serious is was until I got it. I ended up in the emergency room on one of my worst days. It's a scary thing when you are so fatigued that you can barely walk, but everything else is fine. I was expecting to be diagnosed with leukemia at the time.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2016, 18:14 BIGtrouble77

Enahs wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 17:41:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 16:58:
I'm not sure what to make of

I'm done with SLI, too many of the game I play don't optimize for it. It became a chore to use to the point that I pulled one of my GTX780s and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since (2 years now).

Can I have your unused 780 for free?!
Sure. If you pay for a UPS packing slip, I'll ship it to you. I'm in BC, Canada.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2016, 16:58 BIGtrouble77

I'm not sure what to make of the benchmarks, but if there are some shenanigans here it's nothing new. nVidia's track record in this regard is just awful. I think there's also a bit of headroom for driver optimizations that AMD can't exactly advertise so they are stretching when suggesting that it's only running at 50%.

I'm probably going to buy the RX480 with the extra memory and just upgrade in a shorter cycle this time. $230 is way lower than I was planning to spend this cycle and I still get to around to where I want to be performance wise (assuming the benchmarks aren't complete bullshit).

I'm done with SLI, too many of the game I play don't optimize for it. It became a chore to use to the point that I pulled one of my GTX780s and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since (2 years now).

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free DLC
8. Re: Cities: Skylines Free DLC Jun 9, 2016, 16:40 BIGtrouble77

I wish this game had some of the graphical polish and charm that Simcity traditionally had. The overall execution was great, but it always felt like one of those budget simulator titles, albeit a really good budget simulator.

I thought Cities was way overrated for what it was. They really rode the coattails of the debacle that was Simcity 5.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2016, 16:46.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content
7. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 2, 2016, 15:55 BIGtrouble77

I don't mind EA at all, but I don't like how Ark does it. If you are doing EA it should be to get feedback from lots of play testers, tweak balance and smash bugs.

The problem with Ark is that it runs terrible. I think I was getting 20fps on my rig which gets around 50fps in Far Cry Primal on Very High detail. It just wasn't enjoyable. EA games need to be enjoyable through the EA process, but too many devs either look at is as a cash grab or look at their users as cheap qa testers.

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 16:54 BIGtrouble77

I have max $400 that I will spend on my next card. Going to wait it out with my GTX780 until I can't handle it anymore and just buy the best value for my money. I couldn't give a shit about performance per watt, I just want the most for my money. I'm so sick of nVidia's shenanigans that I would much rather go AMD this time around, but who knows how I'll feel a few months from now.  

News Comments > Starbreeze Acquires Cinemaware Catalog
5. Re: Starbreeze Acquires Cinemaware Catalog May 31, 2016, 21:43 BIGtrouble77

I hope they decide to do something with TV Sports Boxing, I played that game to death in the early 1990s (aka ABC Wide World of Sports Boxing). For those that never played that game, it was ported to the Sega Genesis as Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing.

I got TV Spots Football with my first PC in 1989. It was pretty terrible unfortunately.

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
30. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 18:03 BIGtrouble77

deleted  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization May 25, 2016, 23:04 BIGtrouble77

I'm amazed that, with all of these spectacular failures, MS is still a relatively strong company. How many disastrous failures can they ultimately endure? This can't keep going on forever.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 24, 2016, 14:35 BIGtrouble77

Anyone that has played Distant Worlds will have the same issues with Stellaris. Distant Worlds cleverly uses automation tools to manage the increased complexity as the game goes on. Stellaris artificially imposes restrictions to lessen the scope in the mid to late game.

I think Stellaris' approach will ultimately prove to be very fun, it's just not there yet. The only reason I don't care for Stellaris much right now is because of how much I still love DW- I get into a game of stellaris and just want to fire up DW after 10 minutes.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expansion Next Week
6. Re: Elite Dangerous Expansion Next Week May 20, 2016, 22:15 BIGtrouble77

Slashman wrote on May 20, 2016, 21:30:
Well yeah That wasn't meant negative, just wondering if they ever plan to add something akin to .. you know.. a proper story, branching, decisions and stuff.

That's what I was going to say as well. I would be really disappointed if some kind of campaign or immutable storyline presented itself in Elite. The closest thing to that is reading GalNet and getting clues about the universe.

Single player SC is going to be interesting if it ever gets a properly completed.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expansion Next Week
2. Re: Elite Dangerous Expansion Next Week May 20, 2016, 20:03 BIGtrouble77

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2016, 19:47:
Is this the DLC that adds a goal to the game? Or is it still mostly a sandbox...
It's never not going to be a sandbox. You apparently want the Star Citizen single player game.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced
6. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced May 20, 2016, 15:28 BIGtrouble77

BobBob wrote on May 20, 2016, 14:36:
Got hit again by a lady texting and driving ... (wasn't my fault per-say but I'm paranoid if I don't see a driver looking up). Completely took a hard dive making a sharp turn on a sandy road, scrapped up my legs badly. Lost brake control and smashed into a car. Fell completely over on my neck, flying off a jump, knocked the wind out of me too. Riding down the steep hills of SF, I had constant near misses, but that was sheer luck. I think I can probably add a few more instances of stupid cycling moments but you get the drift.

And this is why I never really got into cycling, I know my luck will run out and I'll either get killed by some idiot or I'll be the idiot. In college I'd go out on the trails with my friend who was a pro, but riding on the road with cars just scares me. I've indirectly known a few people that were killed in accidents with cars which doesn't help the cause. I guess Pro Cycling Manager 2016 is made for people like me!

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2016, 20:12 BIGtrouble77

Thanks guys. I think I'll just hold off for the Vega then. My 780 is still serviceable so I'll just wait, not interested in an entry level card and the 1080 isn't the jump I was hoping for.  

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2016, 17:29 BIGtrouble77

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 18, 2016, 16:35:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 18, 2016, 15:54:
Anyone know if the AMD Polaris 10 is intended to compete with the 1080? I'm really confused about this generation's cards... I want to go AMD, but I don't want to wait for next year's Vega cards. I also don't want to pay $700 for a card just out of the gate.

I think you answered yourself already.

Just wait and see.
I have a feeling that I'm going to be hanging on to my GTX780 until next year.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2016, 15:54 BIGtrouble77

Anyone know if the AMD Polaris 10 is intended to compete with the 1080? I'm really confused about this generation's cards... I want to go AMD, but I don't want to wait for next year's Vega cards. I also don't want to pay $700 for a card just out of the gate.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 14, 2016, 18:43 BIGtrouble77

Waiting for the Polaris 10 to release has been torture. I've been ready to pull the trigger for the past year and it's still "a month" away.  

News Comments > EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed
9. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 02:50 BIGtrouble77

CJ_Parker wrote on May 11, 2016, 01:49:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 11, 2016, 01:39:
How is it they start on a new game when they have 3 more dlc to release? Do the interns finish it?

Dude? Last game was made by DICE, next one is made by Visceral but even if this were not so, yes, the DLC is certainly rarely worked on by the full team.
I haven't bought an EA title in over a decade. I forgot they change dev studios every other release.

484 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo