Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 788 (Graduate)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 4, 2018, 11:43 BIGtrouble77

When I lived in Canada they had just implemented these laws. RCMP would literally stand at lights and walk up to cars and give citations if they noticed anyone glanced at their phone. I'm all for punishing distracted drivers, but they took it to insane levels.

Meanwhile, junkies down the street are either getting narcon shots or breaking into cars in broad daylight. I loved Canada, but man their priorities are fucked up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale
1. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 4, 2018, 11:23 BIGtrouble77

I still play this game today. IMO, it's the best XCOM game since the original.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month
7. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month Jun 1, 2018, 15:12 BIGtrouble77

Bodolza wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 13:32:
If they'd just add the option to fast-travel to stations, it would eliminate a huge chuck of the boring grind. Take a lesson from TES.
And next all racing games need fast travel because they are boring as fuck and I don't get them.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month
2. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month Jun 1, 2018, 12:39 BIGtrouble77

This update is free so it must be a scam.  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
26. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 29, 2018, 15:38 BIGtrouble77

Linksil wrote on May 29, 2018, 15:34:
If I remember right from when they talked about this months ago they aren't suing because of the BR mode, but because of the back end tricks they used for the Unreal engine to make PUBG work. They partnered with Epic and their programmers worked together to make the tech that involved getting that many players onto a map and not die. Now Epic is using that tech for Fortnite free of charge. It's all going to come down to the contract and how sharing code works within it.
That might be what they are claiming now, but it sure wasn't when this first blew up.

Edit:
"We've had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG's development as they are the creators of UE4, the engine we licensed for the game," said Bluehole VP and executive producer Chang Han Kim. "After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known."

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
25. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 29, 2018, 15:37 BIGtrouble77

I understand why the PUBG guys are pissed, what Epic did was pretty shady. I think this should be a cautionary tale for companies doing "partnerships with companies that can eat them alive". Now it's all sour grapes on the PUBG side and I find it hard to support them considering the level of success they've had. It's going to be hard to prove any damages, but then I know nothing about Korean law.

News Comments > The Golf Club 2019 and the PGA Tour
1. Re: The Golf Club 2019 and the PGA Tour May 23, 2018, 12:31 BIGtrouble77

Golfing on the PC is so bad that I still play Links386 when I get the itch.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Tomorrow
1. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Tomorrow May 21, 2018, 15:56 BIGtrouble77

Looking forward to this DLC... the exploration phase of this game is so boring that I end up abandoning most of my games before I get through it. The changes look like they'll help a bit.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2018, 10:38 BIGtrouble77

"Woman defecates, throws poop at Tim Hortons employee during altercation. "

I lived out there for 2 years and have been to that Timmy's. I left because of the drug problems, apparently I made a good decision.

News Comments > Black Ops IIII Announced
3. Re: Black Ops IIII Announcement May 17, 2018, 16:28 BIGtrouble77

Am I missing some inside thing, but shouldn't it be IV?  

News Comments > PUBG Sanhok Testing
2. Re: PUBG Sanhok Testing May 10, 2018, 16:15 BIGtrouble77

Since the new maps are free, a player testing model makes a ton of sense. Why not have the community take part in refining it? There's nothing better than real world metrics.

What's annoying as hell is watching several updates come through Steam yesterday only to have the game completely unaccessible last night.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Launches
1. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 10:23 BIGtrouble77

The trailer narrator sounds like he's a Russian trying to fake a British accent.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 6, 2018, 21:33 BIGtrouble77

I moved to BC 3 years ago. All of the senior tech positions I applied for were salaries less than 1/2 of Seattle. I ended up consulting from home for a US based company making more than double the best Canadian offer I got. Add to that, Vancouver cost of living is straight out of the Twilight Zone. The worst part is that Canadians will complain a little about it, but are ultimately fine with things. I love Canada, but this (and the drug epidemic) is why I don't live there anymore.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
8. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 4, 2018, 23:30 BIGtrouble77

I couldn't believe the apologists that came out last time I criticized this program. Nvidia is not a good steward to PC gaming.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 29, 2018, 20:16 BIGtrouble77

Frostpunk looks great, but it seems like you have to build out the city the same every time. I can't see how to have success in the game without doing a cylindrical build. I just don't like the idea of a city builder that has little to no variation.  

News Comments > GOG.com Profiles
2. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 23, 2018, 13:55 BIGtrouble77

Just installed GoG Galaxy for the first time... much better than I was expecting.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced
9. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced Apr 23, 2018, 13:39 BIGtrouble77

NKD wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 13:11:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:45:
Darks wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:23:
I'm not sure how much more content can be crammed into one game.
I'm all for more events and stuff, but espionage abilities would be a good start... better battle resolution and interface for sure... better research tree management, better pirate mechanics, etc.

Stellaris is still incredibly boring, imo. I have put in 50 hours and the game really drags in spots and some stuff just feels under developed. I prefer Distant Worlds far more than Stellaris, but I'm open minded and will keep at Stellaris... one of these DLC will eventually make the game fun.

Man I tried to like Distant Worlds but I can't read the interface on my monitor. The text is too small. And I can't seem to find anything that will actually scale it.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?
That's probably the game's biggest complaint. I don't have any issues, but I do have to squint to read some things with my 20/20 vision. I believe the Bacon Mod changes the font to make it more readable, but that is not an easy mod to install. I'm sure Distant Worlds 2 will fix this problem.

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Plans
2. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Plans Apr 23, 2018, 10:49 BIGtrouble77

My last game I hit a guy point blank in the head with a sawed off shotgun, somehow he survived it with his level 3 helmet and killed me. Looking forward to this change.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced
3. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced Apr 23, 2018, 10:45 BIGtrouble77

Darks wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:23:
I'm not sure how much more content can be crammed into one game.
I'm all for more events and stuff, but espionage abilities would be a good start... better battle resolution and interface for sure... better research tree management, better pirate mechanics, etc.

Stellaris is still incredibly boring, imo. I have put in 50 hours and the game really drags in spots and some stuff just feels under developed. I prefer Distant Worlds far more than Stellaris, but I'm open minded and will keep at Stellaris... one of these DLC will eventually make the game fun.

News Comments > PUBG Getting Map Selection
4. Re: PUBG Getting Map Selection Apr 19, 2018, 16:35 BIGtrouble77

Why do you guys assume cheating is such a problem? Do you have proof? I found that the kill cam pretty much documents how much I suck.  

788 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo