Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 559 (Apprentice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 3, 2016, 13:46 BIGtrouble77

I have no sympathy for NVIDIA. They are doing to others now (amd) what 3dFX did to them years ago- you think they would had a shred of humility.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews May 3, 2016, 00:21 BIGtrouble77

Tachikoma wrote on May 2, 2016, 11:12:
Ah, Mr Gollop. But I like reading more than watching, anybody listened to this interview? Any word on his new project?

His new game isn't my thing, but Gollop is a legend. As usual, Matt does a great job even if there were some technical difficulties this time.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 2, 2016, 17:21 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2016, 14:30:
Billionaire investor Carl Icahn sells entire stake in Apple.

Say what you will about Steve Jobs, Apple is stagnating without him. And I say that as an Apple hater.

Icahn dropped his stock because of China growth concerns- he believed there would be some kind of government intervention. He was very bullish on the stock, this issue aside, and felt it was significantly undervalued.

The latest drop in iPhone sales has also been misrepresented because it's very much inline with Apple's historic growth projection. The problem is that the iPhone 6 was an outlier- it did ridiculously well because of the pent up demand for larger phones.

I don't think Apple is stagnating, I just think they are now iterating on a very mature product line. I always said that the iPhone can only get so good before people start upgrading in longer cycles and that finally seems to be what's happening now. Android is experiencing the same thing and I wouldn't say android is stagnating either.

On my phone, the only thing I want is a better camera and improved cloud services. I could care less about screen or cpu/gpu performance. These devices are so mature on the hardware side that there's not much left to do.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2016, 17:11 BIGtrouble77

When I worked at WSJ, for 10 years I saw shit like this, just at a smaller scale. Yahoo's growth only happened due to their investments in AliBaba, something Mayer had nothing to do with. I have no issues with the job she did, the site did improve with her (even if it's not making more money), but this golden parachute plus her immense salary is just insane.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: retarded 9 grindfest 2 May 1, 2016, 23:21 BIGtrouble77

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 1, 2016, 22:02:
I have to say...Factorio is boring as fuck to me. I really, really tried to like it due to Atari ST nostalgia (as it is very similar to a game that I used to play on it).

The rest of the games do nothing for me, personally, but then I know that I am nearing the end of my gaming years as fewer and fewer titles appeal to me.

I'm not going to call anyone out whom enjoys the titles that do not interest me, but I don't think it's correct either to say any of the games on this list are of particular interest to everyone.

For example, I'd really like to believe that the Warhammer games doesn't suck. But it's being done by Creative Assembly whom doesn't exactly have the greatest track record with their releases in the last ten years. Shogun was interesting, when it didn't crash or grind to a halt. Do I even need to bring up Rome 2? I own them both so, obviously, the joke is on me.

I'm a programmer and Factorial simulates exactly the types of problems I solve/optimize everyday. I can't play it all the time, I do need my brainless gaming sessions too, but this game is so satisfying when I want something challenging.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 1, 2016, 21:13 BIGtrouble77

CJ_Parker wrote on May 1, 2016, 20:30:
10. Factorio: A retarded early access retro game that looks like either your monitor is about to die or the memory on your GPU is about to kick the bucket. Oh? What's that? That pixelated puke soup is supposed to be the game's actual graphics? Welp, this would have looked awesome on a C64 for sure. Not even worth lol'ing at really.

There you have it, guys. That is why it is another week FULL OF SUCK!

I nominate this for most ignorant Blue's forum post of the year.

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
23. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 13:06 BIGtrouble77

I don't get the vitriol here. This is the only reasonable step for them to take and they realized it. Whether or not they should have realized this before they even started the kickstarter is another story.

Romero has a small vocal fanbase that will support anything he does, but the rest of us want to actually see something of substance come from him first because I haven't seen anything of substance come from him since the 90's.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 27, 2016, 05:11 BIGtrouble77

Very interesting, thanks for putting the links together. This game kind of looks like what I was hoping Fire Watch was going to be.  

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
40. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 26, 2016, 05:28 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 04:14:
John Romero wants to make you his pitch!

They should have gone with that, just get the elephant out of the room asap.

News Comments > John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration
5. Re: John Romero Teases Announcement & Adrian Carmack Collaboration Apr 20, 2016, 21:45 BIGtrouble77

I don't really care if john succeeds or not, but he announces an awful lot that never seems to materialize into much.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
10. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 18, 2016, 13:19 BIGtrouble77

Never thought Infinity Blade for the PC would be so popular.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 17, 2016, 16:34 BIGtrouble77

I don't get what the issue is with iPhone ringtones. My 7 year old wanted to do an April Fools prank on me by setting my ringtone to the song "Stitches", my least favorite song ever. He got the ok from my wife to buy the song and set it as a ring tone all by himself. Why is this a controversy?  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
18. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 17:43 BIGtrouble77

I think Hello Games would be crazy to not support VR for this title, especially at this price point. Atmosphere is the best thing this game has going for it and that's what's needed for a great VR experience. What was demoed in this video gives me even more concern that this game is going to feel repetitive very quickly. The people bitching about elite being boring have usually sunk in over 500 hours- I was bored by this video within 10 minutes.

As far as Elite is concerned, I don't think people understand how refined Elite's core systems are and how much polish the game has. I understand that it's got some serious bugs (mostly around the networking side of things), but the game has a level of completeness that this game and Star Citizen are still no where near. Problem with Elite is that they have worked on these core systems to a fault, they've neglected to create enough content on top of this foundation which is very frustrating.

News Comments > Stellaris Trailer
5. Re: Stellaris Trailer Apr 9, 2016, 00:32 BIGtrouble77

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 19:23:
Damn gangster! I am down for this! Please don't suck!
I've been watching the streams for the past month... I can assure you that the game will not suck. The grand strategy elements of eu4 and ck2 have been adopted to fit really well with this game.

News Comments > Kenshi Early Access Beta
3. Re: Kenshi Early Access Beta Apr 1, 2016, 14:26 BIGtrouble77

Caladell wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 14:13:
Edit: About the game itself, I'll have to check it out again. I bought it ages ago, back when it was only on Desura. Been waiting for it to actually become a game. The premise is interesting, so I hope it turns out to be good.

It's definitely worth checking out just to see the new world, it's radically different from the early days. I like the direction they are taking, but you do have to tip toe around tons of bugs. The guys developing this are clearly not very experienced, but they keep pushing forward and have created something really unique.

News Comments > Kenshi Early Access Beta
1. Re: Kenshi Early Access Beta Apr 1, 2016, 11:19 BIGtrouble77

As usual their Steam forums are fillled with a bunch of whining children complaining about crashes and unmet expectations in the experimental branch. It turned from a cringeworthy love fest to entitled bitch-out session in no less than a couple hours. I absolutely hate this game because of the community.  

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 20:36 BIGtrouble77

I've been playing Stardew Valley with my 7 year old son for the past 3 weeks. It's been a nice break from Minecraft!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 25, 2016, 16:53 BIGtrouble77

I think people are making way more of this then they should be. All NPM needs to do is let devs remove their packages from search, but keep archive versions to address these dependency issues. If you are doing open source work and are publishing it in one of these package management repos, then you should do so with the understanding that you have a responsibility to the community to not fuck them over. The offending package was a 17 line "right justify" lib.  

News Comments > Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha Rolls Out
7. Re: Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha Rolls Out Mar 22, 2016, 23:20 BIGtrouble77

Elite is definitely going to be using tech from this game, most likely "earth-like" planetary landings.  

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released
22. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released Mar 22, 2016, 23:17 BIGtrouble77

I'm definitely grabbing this, the original is phenomenal. The problem with the original is that the visuals look very crowded, I think the way they digitized the graphics wasn't as good as their previous games.

The cleanup they did in this version actually looks really well done plus it has the mode to jump between the two versions (like MI1 & MI2 had). That said, I'd prefer to play this on mobile but it doesn't look like that's coming out any time soon.

559 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo