Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 511 (Apprentice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 7, 2016, 17:47 BIGtrouble77

I did not play far cry 4, but I am really enjoying Primal. I expect that they would use things from farcry 4 as templates, it would be stupid not to. They definitely do the same thing for Assassins Creed and I don't care about it there.

This game visually feels like you are transported back 10,000 years, so that's all I care about. I just wish I could play this game at a very high difficulty, but much less fauna. There's just too much going on, animals fighting all over the place and the bad tribes are around every corner. It makes this huge world seem small.

The game also plays amazingly well on my rig, I nearly have all settings on Ultra at 40-50fps with a gtx 780.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Egypt Civilization Announced (Not by Firaxis)
3. Re: Egypt Civilization Announced (Not by Firaxis) Mar 3, 2016, 13:21 BIGtrouble77

I've been wanting something like this for a while... I really hope paradox is the inspiration for this and this thing has some substance.  

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation
4. Re: Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation Mar 2, 2016, 22:11 BIGtrouble77

"a bug related to a date-related piracy check"

If I was going to cover my ass for some "deliberate sabotage", this is how I would implement it.

News Comments > Paradox Dumps Hollowpoint Developer
1. Re: Paradox Dumps Hollowpoint Developer Mar 2, 2016, 22:07 BIGtrouble77

I have no interest in this game, but I like how Paradox has high standards that they impose on their development partners. They seem to prefer to take the development hit rather than going for a quick cash grab at the expense of their reputation.

That said, I think it's highly unlikely this ended "amicably".

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 1, 2016, 13:37 BIGtrouble77

FarCry Primal is the the first FarCry I've played since the original. I'm not a big fan of the consolized game mechanics, but I've found the game a lot harder and more immersive after I disabled the various HUD items. I'm also not using quick travel or the hunting view (when possible). With all that stuff off I've actually been able to get into it.

I'm also amazed at how well it runs on my stock GTX 780. I'm running at 2560 x 1440 on ultra settings (with a few things downgraded) and getting 30-50 fps with no stutters.

Definitely worth the $35 I paid, not sure about $60 though.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 25, 2016, 21:12 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:26:
Wasn't it the case 10 years ago that some countries threatened to ban Blackberries if RIM didn't provide a backdoor into the encryption? I wonder what those countries will do once Apple makes their phones uncrackable.

I hate Apple, but I applaud their stand against the government.

From what I've read, other countries put up with it because Apple's encryption affects every country equally. Once an exception is made (to the FBI) then all countries will insist on equal treatment.

5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 23, 2016, 18:58 BIGtrouble77

Rigs wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 18:55:
Ok, we got the whole 'Stoneage' thing out of our systems...it's sucks...so let's get back to what everyone really wanted: Far Cry 6: Blood of a Dragon: Please Be Kind, Rewind!

=-Rigs-=

I have been bored to tears from the last few Far Crys, this is the first one I'm seriously interested in. The only thing that bugs me is riding on the back of a cat, that's just fucking stupid.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Launches
13. Re: Elite Dangerous Arena Launches Feb 16, 2016, 18:02 BIGtrouble77

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 15:30:
I'd say that action almost looks as good as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvjElmFCfE

It actually does look really nice, and it runs very smooth on my gtx780. I don't understand why the planetary landing areas are so poorly optimized yet CQC has way more detail and runs beautifully.

The thing with CQC is that I can't figure out people kill me in under 2 seconds with full shields, yet it takes me about 10 seconds of constantly shooting them to take them out. The higher ranked people just obliterate me and I can't find out exactly what they are doing.

News Comments > SEGA Freebies
2. Re: SEGA Freebies Feb 16, 2016, 17:55 BIGtrouble77

These are the kind of titles I'd want to purge from my steam collection.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Launches
9. Re: Elite Dangerous Arena Launches Feb 16, 2016, 14:43 BIGtrouble77

I would gladly pay $10 just to get CQC more resources to make it better. I have so much trouble just connecting and the battles feel way too short. It feels very barebones, but I find it pretty fun nonetheless.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 15, 2016, 11:52 BIGtrouble77

I don't understand why people buy smart tvs. They offer virtually no benefit over an external box, complicate the ui, underpowered, drive up the price of the tv, cant's be shut off and have limited upgradability. The icing is having a shittastic company like Samsung datamining me.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers
28. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 13, 2016, 16:41 BIGtrouble77

Kxmode wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 13:44:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 04:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 01:18:
Again: That discount package is for existing backers. If you are not a backer yet and if you want a last chance to get both, Squadron 42 and Star Citizen, for $45 then today is the last day you can buy a package and get both games for $45. You just need to pay attention that the package says "Star Citizen Digital Download" and "Squadron 42 Digital Download".

They will split packages tomorrow and from then on you will only be able to buy either a Squadron 42 or a Star Citizen starter package for $45. You will, however, always have the option to buy either Squadron 42 or Star Citizen as a $15 add-on depending on which $45 package you bought.
These packages will likely be subject to sales and promos in the future so there is no real need to rush anything. This is the typical CIG "OMG last chance BUY BUY BUY BUUUUYYYY NOW OR NEVER!!!!111" scam.

The only reason I wanted to snag this is because my son has been bugging me to get it and I really did not want to pay more than I had to. I am more than happy with Elite, but I don't think $45 for this game is unreasonable if it is finished in a reasonable state. Thanks for the help.

Does your son know that there's really no game? $45 is a lot of money for a really robust tech demo.

My son is only 7. He just wants something where he can walk around and look at the ships... unfortunately we can't do that in Elite.

You are right, the game is still a glorified tech demo. There's been progress over the past year, but the game still eludes me.

Anyway, I'm fine with that, I knew what I was buying, I just didn't want to pay $70 for it.

26. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 13, 2016, 04:16 BIGtrouble77

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 01:18:
Again: That discount package is for existing backers. If you are not a backer yet and if you want a last chance to get both, Squadron 42 and Star Citizen, for $45 then today is the last day you can buy a package and get both games for $45. You just need to pay attention that the package says "Star Citizen Digital Download" and "Squadron 42 Digital Download".

They will split packages tomorrow and from then on you will only be able to buy either a Squadron 42 or a Star Citizen starter package for $45. You will, however, always have the option to buy either Squadron 42 or Star Citizen as a $15 add-on depending on which $45 package you bought.
These packages will likely be subject to sales and promos in the future so there is no real need to rush anything. This is the typical CIG "OMG last chance BUY BUY BUY BUUUUYYYY NOW OR NEVER!!!!111" scam.

The only reason I wanted to snag this is because my son has been bugging me to get it and I really did not want to pay more than I had to. I am more than happy with Elite, but I don't think $45 for this game is unreasonable if it is finished in a reasonable state. Thanks for the help.

24. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 12, 2016, 22:44 BIGtrouble77

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 18:40:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 17:17:
Where is the $40 package? The cheapest I see are a few $45 ones.

Are you an existing backer? As the news says, this is a backer exclusive offer obviously and you should be looking at this package ... and what country are you in?

The $40 price is before VAT. For me in the EU that $40 package is actually $47.60 ($40 + 19% EU VAT) or if I'd pay in local currency I'd come out at 43.32.

I'm in Canada. I'm really confused... Should I buy one of the $45 usd packages now?

21. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 12, 2016, 17:17 BIGtrouble77

Where is the $40 package? The cheapest I see are a few $45 ones.  

News Comments > Hatred Developer's New Greenlight
10. Re: Hatred Developer's New Greenlight Feb 11, 2016, 13:02 BIGtrouble77

Nice to see you guys finally turning on these devs.  

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Demo
11. Re: American Truck Simulator Demo Feb 10, 2016, 16:04 BIGtrouble77

Kxmode wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 15:27:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 14:25:
Definitely going to try out this demo. The only thing holding me back is scale concerns... I guess I'm just weird that I'd like a long route to take more than 10 minutes.

The route from Eureka to Sacramento takes about 30 real minutes. The route from Redding to L.A. is about 40 minutes. So the routes are long but not real-time long.
cool, good to know.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Demo
8. Re: American Truck Simulator Demo Feb 10, 2016, 14:25 BIGtrouble77

Definitely going to try out this demo. The only thing holding me back is scale concerns... I guess I'm just weird that I'd like a long route to take more than 10 minutes.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 9, 2016, 13:54 BIGtrouble77

That is one of the most asinine articles I've read in a while. I still see so many iPhone 4s' in the wild... that's a phone released in 2011. Considering the rate of progress, it's pretty impressive a phone form 5 years ago can still function quite well today,

Apple and others created large phone because people like me want them, not because of some conspiracy to screw over customers.

News Comments > Star Citizen Split Details
11. Re: Star Citizen Split Details Feb 9, 2016, 12:19 BIGtrouble77

Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 10:02:
This whole thing screams of a "BUY NOW! BUY NOW!!!!" desperation attempt to get more money to me.
Ugh, and I might just do that. $40 still seems like a decent value if this thing is ever completed. I know you all like to shit on this game, but it will probably turn out decent.

I'd only be pissed if I was a kickstarter backer and sunk in a huge amount of money. I don't think there's any way this game is going to meet those expectations, but I'm not a backer and don't need to worry about those details.

511 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo