Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 1065 (Pro)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2019, 23:15 BIGtrouble77

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 22:32:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 22:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 19:59:
The best -lawyers- liars money can buy.
Disgusting Applies to both links

Are you serious? The only person defamed by the comments was Musk himself so there's no damages to collect. Being an idiot and saying something dumb doesn't mean the "victim" is entitled to $200m.

So you're a pedophile and okay with people acknowledging that fact, right?
I always find it funny how Canadians think they understand how freedom of speech works in the US. Here's a tip, it's nothing like Canada.I'm a dual citizen and have lived in both countries.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2019, 22:02 BIGtrouble77

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 19:59:
The best -lawyers- liars money can buy.
Disgusting Applies to both links

Are you serious? The only person defamed by the comments was Musk himself so there's no damages to collect. Being an idiot and saying something dumb doesn't mean the "victim" is entitled to $200m.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

1. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 5, 2019, 11:44 BIGtrouble77

If there's a talent for making games in the Romero family, it's Brenda.  

News Comments > Imperator: Rome Free Weekend

1. Re: Imperator: Rome Free Weekend Dec 5, 2019, 11:41 BIGtrouble77

Paradox needs a "free month" for their studio games. It's going to take the weekend just to get through the tutorial.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Sold Out?

12. Re: Steam Controller Sold Out? Dec 3, 2019, 13:34 BIGtrouble77

Verno wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 13:07:
VoodooV wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 12:25:
I always heard mixed reviews. Some people think they're great, some people thought the same as what you just said.

For the price they were going for during the sale..Why the heck not? If it collects dust, it collects dust, no real sweat off my brow.

They're fine for certain genres and frankly really kickass for emulation related stuff due to all of the customization and extra controls. Not like the 360 or Xbox One controllers are known for quality either, both have known issues with thumbstick drift. I was more concerned with the button sizes on the Steam Controller, they were oddly small for no discernible reason.

The strength of the Steam Controller is also its biggest flaw - customization. The community configs help out a lot but ultimately I found I spent too much time fiddling when I just wanted to game after a long day at work. I still bust it out for anything emulation related though.

This has been my experience. Also, it also has/had the weird attachment to Big Picture mode in Steam. That was always frustrating to work around. I also like my d-pad more than I thought I would, so loosing that has made my steam controllers far less useful than I anticipated. That said, I do think it's roughly the same quality as the xbox one controller.

News Comments > New AMD and Intel CPU Reviews

11. Re: New AMD and Intel CPU Reviews Nov 25, 2019, 17:30 BIGtrouble77

FloorPie wrote on Nov 25, 2019, 16:55:
mirthy wrote on Nov 25, 2019, 13:57:
Most games don't thread that well do they? All those extra cores can't be taken adv of today can it?

Older games no, 4 cores is probably fine. Newer, yes. I would not buy a chip that is less than 6cores/12threads (amd 3600) for gaming today. The no hyperthreading i5 and now i7 9700k chips will not hold up for very long and in some games with denuvo type drm schemes it hurts performance.

The new consumer intel chips are reported to have hyperthreading again in i7 and all i5's as well. When will Intel release those, I dunno. Probably by mid next year.

Intel has two compelling products in consumer land right now, the 9700k and the 9900k. Both are very much overpriced. The 9700k at $275-299 on sale is tolerable but as I said earlier, buying an i5 without hyperthreading years ago taught me that you're going to want hyperthreading, especially now. 6 years ago it wasn't as big a deal. Look at the numbers for a ryzen 1600 vs a 7600k after two years. Hardware Unboxed did a good video on it a few months ago.
Also, if you computer is a workstation/gaming machine, the extra cores can be used for parallel tasks since most games become GPU bound pretty quickly. I run several VMs and other game servers on my Threadripper and they don't slow down a game of RDR2 one bit. I bought the 2950x because it can do a ton of work in parallel plus it's likely to be forward thinking when games actually start using larger core counts and the Windows kernel actually efficiently uses them. The new Ryzen chips are even better

News Comments > Rebellion Acquires The Bitmap Brothers

7. Re: Rebellion Acquires The Bitmap Brothers Nov 25, 2019, 14:43 BIGtrouble77

I just recently got an Amiga 500+ and have been playing through the treasure trove of Bitmap Brothers games from the late 80's-90's. Hopefully this doesn't result in an IP claiming rampage. The Amiga community is one of the best communities out there, but they regularly get screwed by this crap.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway

14. Re: Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway Nov 24, 2019, 14:24 BIGtrouble77

Status quo for me... I still value drive space over reinstalling this game.  

News Comments > Stadia Launch Follow-ups

11. Re: Stadia Launch Follow-ups Nov 20, 2019, 16:14 BIGtrouble77

chickenboo wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 14:02:
mxmissile wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 13:16:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 12:56:
"Need to pivot, even if it means losing some of the biggest AAA games"

The only benefit I see with this service is the ability to play AAA games on a Chromebook. Why would I use this service for indie games that could run on a Samsung toaster? The qhole idea of streaming games can't die fast enough. It's just a play to hold the gaming industry hostage to a select few companies acting in bad faith.

Huge +1, Like or whatever for this.

Agreed, despite all the corporate white-washing about enabling new generations of non-console-owning yet-to-be-gamers, a cynical take could certainly see Google's move as an attempt at monopolizing the place where people play games, just as YouTube is the defacto place where people watch online videos.
It's obvious that Google looks at Stadia the same way they look at Youtube... it's just a vessel for consuming media while running deep learning algorithms around our behaviors. Once these companies own the channels to play games, they will have a bigger influence in how and what games will be made- and they will be made to manipulate us. That's a terrible future that will pretty much ensure that I won't be playing AAA games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2019, 16:04 BIGtrouble77

Dead at 51 really sucks. I don't know what ultimately killed him, but it's so important to pay attention to our health... I'm stuck in from of a computer all day and need constantly remind myself that I have to balance my days with exercise and non-stressful stuff.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews

4. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 20, 2019, 13:09 BIGtrouble77

"Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick says the future of gaming is mobile, and that will lead to a lot of growth."

And... I'm out. Good luck with that Blizzard.

News Comments > Stadia Launch Follow-ups

5. Re: Stadia Launch Follow-ups Nov 20, 2019, 12:56 BIGtrouble77

"Need to pivot, even if it means losing some of the biggest AAA games"

The only benefit I see with this service is the ability to play AAA games on a Chromebook. Why would I use this service for indie games that could run on a Samsung toaster? The qhole idea of streaming games can't die fast enough. It's just a play to hold the gaming industry hostage to a select few companies acting in bad faith.

News Comments > Shenmue III Released

7. Re: Shenmue III Released Nov 19, 2019, 16:24 BIGtrouble77

File this one under games I'll never get no matter how much the fanboys carry on about it.  

News Comments > Spintires: Chernobyl Next Month

1. Re: Spintires: Chernobyl Next Month Nov 18, 2019, 12:37 BIGtrouble77

This is a dark turn for the series.  

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Simulator Trailer

2. Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Trailer Nov 15, 2019, 14:47 BIGtrouble77

Of course this comes out right when I'm moving from a Gigabit connection to a 100mbit connection.  

News Comments > Get The Messenger for Free

6. Re: Get The Messenger for Free Nov 14, 2019, 18:24 BIGtrouble77

We are now getting into the territory of "snagging" this game is not work the time and effort.  

News Comments > Game Reviews

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 14, 2019, 12:11 BIGtrouble77

Garbage analysis. "Only play the game at 4k with current gen hardware"... so I can play at 4k with a 2060 card, but not a 1080ti? They didn't even test with a 1080ti. Thanks for an absolutely useless comparison.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

3. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 11, 2019, 14:25 BIGtrouble77

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 13:51:
Two things I want to know.

some specs, and is microsoft going to go "The Sims" with DLC/Aircraft.
It comes with enough aircraft to satisfy me. The fact that we won't need any regional DLC is the real killer feature.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

1. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 11, 2019, 12:35 BIGtrouble77

Pretty sure I'll be getting this. I've always had a fascination with MS Flight Sim, but this one is just blowing me away. It's everything I fantasized a flight sim could be back when I played v4.0.  

News Comments > Catnip Games Acquires Shroud of the Avatar

9. Re: Catnip Games Acquires Shroud of the Avatar Nov 11, 2019, 00:28 BIGtrouble77

Chris Spears is (and always was) the lead dev for Shroud, so it doesn't seem like much is changing except that Garriott wants out and Spears is getting the rights moving forward.

I put up $68 in the kickstarter and this ended up being the biggest disappointment I've ever had on kickstarter. The game was advertised as a spiritual successor to Ultima and what it became is a pathetic continuation of the worst aspects of Ultima Online.

They should have made a game more like Pillars of Eternity, but they were dead set on the first person perspective. That said, they do work on this game like crazy so it's not like it's a complete failure, it just does nothing for me.

1065 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >