Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On January 26, 2004
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 25, 2020
Total Comments 1099 (Pro)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Offworld Trading Company and GoNNER for Free

5. Re: Get Offworld Trading Company and GoNNER for Free Mar 5, 2020, 21:39  BIGtrouble77 

The Pyro wrote on Mar 5, 2020, 19:49:
Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2020, 18:31:
Anyone play OTC? Any good?

It's a very fun RTS, but you gotta have a head for numbers (which is probably why it never took off). Compared to Starcraft, there's a lot more on-the-fly thinking because of the randomized maps and resource interactions; you can't just memorize a build order to carry you through the first five minutes.

The game can be very fast paced at times, but there's not as much micro per se. It's more about watching market fluctuations and what your opponents are doing in their bases.

The campaign and bot skirmishes can be paused or slowed down to your liking.

Also, I love the soundtrack.
I did a hard pass on this when it came out, but the way you describe it sounds like it's something I'd really enjoy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Drug Dealer Simulator Demo Released

6. Re: Drug Dealer Simulator Demo Released Mar 5, 2020, 16:24  BIGtrouble77 

Looks like a kid's senior project.  

News Comments > MoonQuest Released

4. Re: MoonQuest Released Feb 29, 2020, 07:01  BIGtrouble77 

Darks wrote on Feb 28, 2020, 15:43:
I swear, seeing stuff like this getting released makes me feel like im living in the 90's again. Steam is so over bloated from this low level game trash.

So tired of seeing it on my steam page all the time. I keep ignoring these types of games, but yet more keep showing up. UGH!!!
I get it if this isn’t your genre, but this looks like a well crafted, thoughtful game. It’s definitely in my wheelhouse.

News Comments > Get InnerSpace for Free

1. Re: Get InnerSpace for Free Feb 27, 2020, 19:55  BIGtrouble77 

Off World Trading Company is definitely one I wan to snag.  

News Comments > GOG.com Expands Refund Policy

7. Re: GOG.com Expands Refund Policy Feb 26, 2020, 19:15  BIGtrouble77 

My GoG account has been ballooning the last 2 years. These guys are giving most of us exactly what we want, I just wish they approved more games. There are some incredible games (like Cogmind) that they won't accept.  

News Comments > Blood of Steel Delayed by Coronavirus

3. Re: Blood of Steel Delayed by Coronavirus Feb 20, 2020, 16:22  BIGtrouble77 

“development has stopped and the team is still holding off at home"
Even Coronavirus can't convince companies to let people work remotely.,, 'cause you have to have your ass parked in an office to make a video game.

News Comments > Op Ed

16. Re: Op Ed Feb 9, 2020, 07:42  BIGtrouble77 

Redneck of Tech wrote on Feb 8, 2020, 14:58:
Although the triple-A industry is in a terrible state however, independent development is thriving and we have seen some amazing indie titles over the past few years and I am very hopeful for the indie scene.
I've been almost exclusively buying indie titles for the past 3 years. Only AAA title I've purchased is RDR2. The indie scene is incredible if you aren't into first person shooters.

News Comments > The Pit: Infinity Adds Healer DLC

2. Re: The Pit: Infinity Adds Healer DLC Feb 8, 2020, 17:50  BIGtrouble77 

Rhett wrote on Feb 8, 2020, 16:05:
Still cautiously watching this game... looks neat!
Not my thing, but it looks impressive for a small operation.

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X Reviews

17. Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X Reviews Feb 8, 2020, 07:32  BIGtrouble77 

Armengar wrote on Feb 8, 2020, 02:48:
If the trend of cores increases then i reckon MS will do the same to home OS as they did with server OS and start core licencing.
The reality is that the money these days is in getting users into your ecosystem, not nickel and diming them into buying licenses. Microsoft absolutely needs to get on board with better multicore support and better parallelization. Linux is miles ahead of MS. I have the 16 core threadripper and it's frustrating how gimped it is on win10. I would use Linux in a second if it wasn't for my son's gaming.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials

2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Feb 6, 2020, 21:11  BIGtrouble77 

No game publisher ever has a bad quarter. Not even some of the worst PR blunders in the past 20 years can slow down the freight train of gaming goodness we know as Activision Blizzard.  

News Comments > Users Savage Warcraft III: Reforged

18. Re: Users Savaging Warcraft III: Reforged Feb 2, 2020, 15:09  BIGtrouble77 

My understanding is that if you are a Warcraft 3 vet, the servers are being shut down and you have to play this POS going forward.

edit- noticed some others also pointed this out. This is the true crime here.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits

4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 1, 2020, 18:12  BIGtrouble77 

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2020, 17:34:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 1, 2020, 16:26:
Darks wrote on Feb 1, 2020, 15:39:
Now would be a good time to move all of our manufacturing from China to other places and back home.
North America is perfectly situated to do this, we just have to do it. Canada has much of the resources, Mexico has the cheap labor and the US has the economy.

Fuck that noise. Manufacturing should be done domestically for their own respective countries by our own citizens. It's not like Apple can't afford it.
I'm thinking bigger than manufacturing whoopie cushions for the dollar store. I'm talking about a whole supply chain for electronics. Sorry, but Canada can't do that on its own, nor can the US for that matter. Needs to be a partnership. I'm a dual
citizen, Canada can't do shit on it's own, but I strongly believe that a us/mexico/canada partnership could be formidable.

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 1, 2020, 16:26  BIGtrouble77 

Darks wrote on Feb 1, 2020, 15:39:
Now would be a good time to move all of our manufacturing from China to other places and back home.
North America is perfectly situated to do this, we just have to do it. Canada has much of the resources, Mexico has the cheap labor and the US has the economy.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 19:34  BIGtrouble77 

My feeling is... just don't tell everyone you are full time. There's always going to be a demographic that is either jealous or believes that being a Youtuber is not a real job, so don't even start the conversation. I personally would never put all of my career eggs in the youtube basket, but I'm fine with people trying to make a living. The dude across the street from me tried to be a pro twitch streamer for a year and just had to get a job as a security guard... moral of that story is don't give up on your education or career path unless you are REALLY sure the "influencer" think is going to work out.  

News Comments > EVE Online Ship Attracts $40K Bid in Charity Auction

1. Re: EVE Online Ship Attracts $40K Bid in Charity Auction Jan 25, 2020, 14:26  BIGtrouble77 

Scott Manley (the Kerbal youtube guy) is spending $40k on this? Nice that it's going to charity, but damn these youtubers are doing well lately.  

News Comments > Paradox Testing Europa Universalis IV Subscriptions

5. Re: Paradox Testing Europa Universalis IV Subscriptions Jan 22, 2020, 21:45  BIGtrouble77 

I'm not surprised... if you listen to the podcast with the two marketing and product development guys at Paradox, you can see why they would give their paying customers a shit stick like this.

https://soundcloud.com/paradoxinteractive

13. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 18, 2020, 18:31  BIGtrouble77 

Saboth wrote on Jan 18, 2020, 15:04:
I'm still with Intel and Nvidia (mostly because what I have can run most games fine, even on high settings). One reason I haven't thought about AMD is they have had heat and noise problems in the past. I'm not interested in complex rigs or water cooling, and noise and heat is probably just as important as FPS (maybe more so) to me. While AMD has managed to catch up in sheer speed, their thermals still seem to run very hot, unless something has changed in recent iterations.
You've got this completely wrong. Current gen AMD has no such problems. I cool my Threadripper 2950x (16 core) chip with a $40 Noctua air cooler. zero issues with heat and the noise is virtually imperceptible.

News Comments > Joe Biden on CDA and Video Games

10. Re: Job Biden on CDA and Video Games Jan 18, 2020, 00:24  BIGtrouble77 

Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 22:10:
So virtual violence bad, but thanking the military for their service - the people who go out actually kill other people as a profession - good?

Biden has never been anything but a D.I.N.O, a panderer, and a shill for the rich. If the Dems pick him they're gonna' lose.
"Support the troops" has been the biggest crock of shit since forever.

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 12, 2020, 00:32  BIGtrouble77 

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 11, 2020, 21:16:
A LOT of people are coming into our shop asking about Windows 10. Lots of these people want to upgrade their insanely weak computers to it, at a cost (OS + installation) that’d BUY them a technically better machine with win10 on it.
I don’t understand their logic, aside from “why replace something that works?”.

It’s a weird job. People who willfully use garbage hardware come in for advice that they’ll then blatantly ignore because it’s not what they wanted to hear. Why did you come waste my time to begin with? Are you lonely?
It's Boomer mentality. Everyone's parents who are in their 60's/70's are like this... stuff just isn't disposable to them. To be honest, it's a great mentality to have, it's just not all that practical in today's world.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Ragnarok Rumor

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Ragnarok Rumor Jan 10, 2020, 17:58  BIGtrouble77 

They really need to do an Aztec empire setting. I think it would be incredible to be plopped in the middle of Cortes' assault on the Aztecs and all of the crazy shit that happened around that.  

1099 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >