Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 563 (Apprentice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 8, 2016, 15:43 BIGtrouble77

So is Romero still working on that demo so he can start his kickstarter back up? Or has the world forgotten that bizarre kickstarter actually happened.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 8, 2016, 15:40 BIGtrouble77

I purchased CH and Thrustmaster HOTAS and returned them both. I just love playing Elite with a mouse and keyboard- I think it's how seamless the roll is, it just felt clunky on the HOTAL without the foot pedals.

I tried it out with my steam controller and really hated it, felt like I was fighting everything.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III for Free
11. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 18:53 BIGtrouble77

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:30:
This release reminds me, I need to finish Black Flag. I get soo sidetracked in those open world games, running around pushing guards off the roof or other non-plot nonsense.
My 7 year old beat the main quest 3 times in the past year. I have no idea how he got so good at this game... I think one of his saves is up to 99% complete... not sure what he got stuck on.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2016, 15:43 BIGtrouble77

Hate to say I one of the ones that finally bought GTAV. I figure a 50% discount is the best I'm going to get before GTAVI comes out.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Monks & Mystics Announced
3. Re: Crusader Kings II: Monks & Mystics Announced Dec 3, 2016, 01:47 BIGtrouble77

The number of DLC is insane, but it works so well for this game. I agree, they should package this all differently, it makes no sense for a new user to just be playing the vanilla game.

I'm not sure CK3 is ever going to happen. It would take many years for it to reach feature parity with CK2, so what's the point? I think a Clauswitz engine upgrade would be a nice major release, but it needs to be compatible with all of the existing DLC. Since Paradox keep improving the graphics, I'm not sure that will ever happen.

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered Trailer
6. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Trailer Dec 2, 2016, 23:55 BIGtrouble77

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 21:20:
I loved the original so I'm thrilled this is getting re-released. Still, there's something about the new graphics that really rub me the wrong way. Maybe its just that the low-resolution of the older game made everything look like it was hand-drawn, but this new version looks like a cheaply-made Shockwave/Flash game. Given the choice, I think I'd prefer the original.
I strongly disagree. I definitely felt that way with the Monkey Island 1 & 2 Special Editions because the pixel art in those games was exquisite.

But Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle do really well with the vectorized treatment- the pixel art in those games felt crowded and blocky. Regardless, I can't imagine that this game won't also support the pixel-art swap-over version, so you should be fine.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Monks & Mystics Announced
1. Re: Crusader Kings II: Monks & Mystics Announced Dec 2, 2016, 23:13 BIGtrouble77

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I really liked The Reapers Due, just a simple DLC that added more events and some new mechanics for all styles of play. This looks like it's going to be the same kind of thing.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2016, 13:34 BIGtrouble77

I'm realizing that as I play Battlefield and presumably get better, everyone else is getting better at a faster rate, so I just end up sucking even more. It's depressing. I guess these battle packs are made for people like me.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2016, 18:29 BIGtrouble77

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 11:53:
I wouldn't want to stream 4k even if I could because I'd probably end up getting a letter from my ISP telling me to pump the breaks or we'll do it for you about 4 days in to the month.
I pay an extra $10/month so I don't have to worry about this nonsense. I never go over my previous cap, but at least now I'm not worried about it possibly happening.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
15. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 16:19 BIGtrouble77

So is this one of those situations where they had mandatory layoffs after their last release and now have to hire people back to start the next project?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-02-16-layoffs-at-activision-blizzard

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 13:55 BIGtrouble77

Man, I thought moving to Canada would give me some relief from US politics. If anything, I've become the goto guy up here to explain to Canadians what the hell is going on in the US.

It's amazing that virtually all Canadians I've spoken to think campaign finance laws up here are the same as in the states. They also don't understand why so many Americans just despise the Clintons. I can't handle explaining these things any more, yet I feel like it's only just begun.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 21, 2016, 13:45 BIGtrouble77

ItBurn wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 10:47:
I never use apps like the Facebook app or the Youtube app for example. Their websites work great on phones and are full featured. Why would I waste space, cpu, battery and start time with these apps?
I like the Youtube app on iOS. My main issue is with the web version is integration... whenever an app or site links to a youtube url, I want to be logged in so I can potentially subscribe to the channel and get the video I'm watching in my history. Since iOS spawns a new webkit instances with no saved cookies, I would have to go through the log in process. With the app you can also watch a video while you browse in youtube, something I do every day. I also get system alarms for some streams I've marked so the unique app features do justify using it, imo.

I've been Facebook free for 2 years and have no desire to go back to that cesspool so I fully support removing that terrible app. I'm a webdeveloper myself so I almost always prefer the web version over the app, but for media I tend to prefer the app experience (youtube, twitch, vimeo, podcasts, etc).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 21, 2016, 02:01 BIGtrouble77

Visually, this game looks absolutely stunning. The only issue I have is that there doesn't seem to be any economic component in Sandbox mode. I've also seen the Scenario criticized as being far too easy. I definitely think the game should be easy for kids, but us adults should have a completely unforgiving experience.  

News Comments > Master of Orion DLC Next Month
2. Re: Master of Orion DLC Next Month Nov 18, 2016, 14:18 BIGtrouble77

Is anyone still playing this? It got mediocre reviews when it was released and had a lot of competition in the 4x space.  

News Comments > The Dwarves Trailer
2. Re: The Dwarves Trailer Nov 17, 2016, 14:21 BIGtrouble77

That cutscene reminds me of the cutscenes in the Sid Mier's Pirates! remake.  

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rescale Beta
4. Re: American Truck Simulator Rescale Beta Nov 16, 2016, 14:28 BIGtrouble77

I have completely stopped playing the game in anticipation of this release. Super excited to give this a spin tonight.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
18. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 19:37 BIGtrouble77

Has anyone been playing this game with an RX480? I just ordered one and was curious how well it works. I've been running a GTX 780 for several years now that I have no idea what the AMD experience is like. That said, the game looks gorgeous on my GTX780... amazed this card can handle this game at 1440p like a champ.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2016, 18:45 BIGtrouble77

What better way to cap off a year of record breaking losses than to blow $8B on a mostly irrelevant audio company. Samsung is starting to feel like the Floyd Mayweather of the tech industry.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
82. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 19:17 BIGtrouble77

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:09:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:47:
I'm a dual US/Canadian living in BC. I'm stressing about my 8 year old son, when I dropped him off at school today all of the talk was around how horrible Trump and the US are. My son is the only American in his grade so I'm mentally preparing for the bullying to come. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Your fear of your son being bullied because he is an American sounds more like an indictment on Canada than America.

Canadians are not as warm and cheery as the rest of the world likes to think they are, at least not in BC. I love living here, but my son has to deal with much of the same BS I did as a kid growing up in NJ. It has just been surreal today, I keep hearing the word "Trump" echoing everywhere, never expected that would happen when I moved up here.

Good news is my son had a great day at school so our fears were unfounded. Just a weird day.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:47 BIGtrouble77

I'm a dual US/Canadian living in BC. I'm stressing about my 8 year old son, when I dropped him off at school today all of the talk was around how horrible Trump and the US are. My son is the only American in his grade so I'm mentally preparing for the bullying to come. Hopefully I'm wrong.  

563 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo