Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 974 (Graduate)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Financials
2. Re: Paradox Interactive Financials Aug 15, 2019, 00:53 BIGtrouble77

Impressed they called out Imperator Rome being a disappointment. I think that game is going to end up like Stellaris and have a few major rewrites. If you're in it for the long haul, it's gonna be an interesting ride.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads
19. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 18:31 BIGtrouble77

NKD wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:15:
Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 15:47:
Preloading is to help demand, so saying that you aren't sure if you can handle the demands of preloading seems odd. With preloading, you can algorithmically deliver to those that preordered, making sure you're always at capacity and not over capacity. Without preloading, all those people will want it at the exact same time, which, if you couldn't handle preloading leisurely, you can't handle launch.

Yeah I don't understand this either. If they are worried about infrastructure, having everyone and their cousin hitting download at the same time is the worst situation.
A worse situation is not having the ability for devs to issue patches after people have already preloaded the game. The devil is in the details and it's my hunch that Epic has not addressed a good portion of the details for this to work at scale.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 7, 2019, 18:22 BIGtrouble77

Korrd wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 16:48:
If you played this or similar games on NES--or you just enjoy platformers--I absolutely recommend picking it up, especially since it's under $4 until tomorrow. I'm really quite pissed it's getting pulled. If you could still store gift copies in Steam inventory I'd happily stockpile a bunch.
I snagged it for my son who's been on a Duck Tales kick lately.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2019, 20:13 BIGtrouble77

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 19:39:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 18:45:
Doesn't talk about single vs dual vs quad channel memory, ram frequency or timings. Seems like the article was targeted for 60+ year olds.
What was your first clue, 1. that it started with 1 gig, 2. It was zdnet, or 3. The majority of users would never notice the difference between single/dual/quad channel, ram frequency or timings.

Did I mention it was on zdnet. Grin
Sure, but even my son's 10 year old friends care about that stuff for their Fortnite rigs. It is incredible that Zdnet is still around... how that company survived this long is beyond me.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2019, 18:45 BIGtrouble77

Doesn't talk about single vs dual vs quad channel memory, ram frequency or timings. Seems like the article was targeted for 60+ year olds.  

News Comments > Garfield Kart Furious Racing Announced
5. Re: Garfield Kart Furious Racing Announced Jul 31, 2019, 17:10 BIGtrouble77

roguebanshee wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 16:59:
The writers also do their best to avoid any kind of culturally unique things in the strips, so as to ease the translations to the languages it is printed in while not offending any local authorities or customs.
That might be what it is today, but the 70's and 80's strips were incredibly offensive and would be considered extremely insensitive today. Lots of played out physical violence and innuendo, fat shaming, sexual harassment, etc. Unfortunately when the shows are broadcast today the violent and sexist stuff is usually removed. It was not a kids comic back then, but I think they ultimately morphed it into one in the 90's.

News Comments > Garfield Kart Furious Racing Announced
3. Re: Garfield Kart Furious Racing Announced Jul 31, 2019, 16:52 BIGtrouble77

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 15:00:
based on the famously unfunny comic strip

Always thought garfield sucked as well.
Garfield, up to the mid 80's, was great. Once Garfield no longer looked fat, it was garbage.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2019, 15:01 BIGtrouble77

the dumbest part about this prediction is that Ray Tracing is just a layer of eye candy. Why the hell would that ever be a requirement?  

News Comments > First Cloud Saves on Epic Games Store
4. Re: First Cloud Saves on Epic Games Store Jul 26, 2019, 13:31 BIGtrouble77

Verno wrote on Jul 26, 2019, 12:06:
I mean cloud saves in general are welcome but what a strange implementation, just use an API guys. Oh well whatever, at least they managed to get something on that Trello board.
This is exactly what I was going to come and say. This is not a feature if it's hardcoded for a few select games. I could do that in a weekend of spare time if pressed. Once they have a proper API that ALL devs can choose to usilize then this will be a feature worthy of announcing. Right now they are playing favorites with some games/devs which really sucks for everyone else that drank their koolaid.

News Comments > What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia?
6. Re: What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia? Jul 19, 2019, 11:00 BIGtrouble77

This is pretty much the most patronizing response I could imagine Google giving. At the same level of tonedefness as "We All Have Cellphones, So Come On, Let's Get Real".  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2019, 13:06 BIGtrouble77

I've always found GoG's curation bizarre. They will not sell Cogmind which is one of the best roguelikes I've ever played... it's a work of art. Heaven's Vault looks worthy as well. Who the hell do they think their customers are that they need this level of "curation"? Bizarre.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2019, 13:29 BIGtrouble77

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 12:00:
Who the hell needs to pray 5 times a day anyway, that's absurd. Can't you pray while you work? At lunch or on break? Unreal.
I've worked with Muslim software developers and they always prayed during lunch in the game room. Sucked for those of us that wanted to use the game room, but I've never seen their prayer demands be abusive. I do think the prayer schedule is ridiculous, but it had a minimal negative effect on everyone.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2019, 14:18 BIGtrouble77

Ballsy move to not include Legendary Axe, Keith Courage or Splatterhouse on the TG16 mini. It's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.  

News Comments > G2A Proposes Key-Blocking Tool
6. Re: G2A Proposes Key-Blocking Tool Jul 12, 2019, 11:38 BIGtrouble77

I wonder if it's possible to make a key unique, but deterministic... so that it can be decoded to identify various metadata, like adding a flag that it's not re-sellable. This would address the youtuber scams, but selling stolen legit keys is going to be a problem regardless.  

News Comments > Field of Glory: Empires Released
3. Re: Field of Glory: Empires Released Jul 11, 2019, 17:39 BIGtrouble77

So strange, I figured that this was just an expansion to Field of Glory II. This looks more like the long awaited AGEOD engine upgrade. Strange they chose to go with the "Field of Glory" name since it's already established with another developer (within Slitherine) and nopt capitalize on the AGEOD fan base.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues
15. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 09:29 BIGtrouble77

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 02:44:
This is why AMD is the cheaper option. They save money by not hiring QA engineers.
More like the devs targeted architecture specific configurations in their code and didn't have a reasonable fallback for ones they can't identify.

News Comments > AMD Zen 2 CPU Reviews
15. Re: AMD Zen 2 CPU Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 17:07 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 15:40:
Looks like a pretty nice architecture. Nicely done, AMD.

Also, doesn't AMD have an advantage when it comes to stuff like Meltdown and Spectre?

Huge advantage. It's certainly not trivial and I wonder if the latest benchmarks are taking it into account.

News Comments > G2A Fights Back
18. Re: G2A Fights Back Jul 5, 2019, 14:48 BIGtrouble77

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 13:59:
For someone who lives in a country that gets screwed on regional pricing you'd be looking for deals too via key resellers. Blame the greedy publishers for this mess. Hell, I remember for Mass Effect 3 EA was selling it for half-price in Mexico through Origin so I, and a ton of other people, just used a VPN to buy a key and saved myself 50% more than what I would have paid here for the exact same product. Fuck the pubs.

But you don't get screwed on regional pricing in Steam. I lived in Canada for 3 years... I always used Canadian billing in Steam because Valve is very friendly with the conversion rates. I'd usually save about $2 vs the US store.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Utah DLC Announced
2. Re: American Truck Simulator Utah DLC Announced Jul 4, 2019, 16:33 BIGtrouble77

Halsy wrote on Jul 4, 2019, 15:07:
This ^^^

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 30, 2019, 16:41 BIGtrouble77

I don't understand those Geekbench scores... that's 2x what the 16 core 1950x Threadripper produces.  

974 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo