Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 762 (Graduate)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Golf Club 2019 and the PGA Tour
1. Re: The Golf Club 2019 and the PGA Tour May 23, 2018, 12:31 BIGtrouble77

Golfing on the PC is so bad that I still play Links386 when I get the itch.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Tomorrow
1. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Tomorrow May 21, 2018, 15:56 BIGtrouble77

Looking forward to this DLC... the exploration phase of this game is so boring that I end up abandoning most of my games before I get through it. The changes look like they'll help a bit.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2018, 10:38 BIGtrouble77

"Woman defecates, throws poop at Tim Hortons employee during altercation. "

I lived out there for 2 years and have been to that Timmy's. I left because of the drug problems, apparently I made a good decision.

News Comments > Black Ops IIII Announced
3. Re: Black Ops IIII Announcement May 17, 2018, 16:28 BIGtrouble77

Am I missing some inside thing, but shouldn't it be IV?  

News Comments > PUBG Sanhok Testing
2. Re: PUBG Sanhok Testing May 10, 2018, 16:15 BIGtrouble77

Since the new maps are free, a player testing model makes a ton of sense. Why not have the community take part in refining it? There's nothing better than real world metrics.

What's annoying as hell is watching several updates come through Steam yesterday only to have the game completely unaccessible last night.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Launches
1. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 10:23 BIGtrouble77

The trailer narrator sounds like he's a Russian trying to fake a British accent.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 6, 2018, 21:33 BIGtrouble77

I moved to BC 3 years ago. All of the senior tech positions I applied for were salaries less than 1/2 of Seattle. I ended up consulting from home for a US based company making more than double the best Canadian offer I got. Add to that, Vancouver cost of living is straight out of the Twilight Zone. The worst part is that Canadians will complain a little about it, but are ultimately fine with things. I love Canada, but this (and the drug epidemic) is why I don't live there anymore.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
8. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 4, 2018, 23:30 BIGtrouble77

I couldn't believe the apologists that came out last time I criticized this program. Nvidia is not a good steward to PC gaming.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 29, 2018, 20:16 BIGtrouble77

Frostpunk looks great, but it seems like you have to build out the city the same every time. I can't see how to have success in the game without doing a cylindrical build. I just don't like the idea of a city builder that has little to no variation.  

News Comments > GOG.com Profiles
2. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 23, 2018, 13:55 BIGtrouble77

Just installed GoG Galaxy for the first time... much better than I was expecting.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced
9. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced Apr 23, 2018, 13:39 BIGtrouble77

NKD wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 13:11:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:45:
Darks wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:23:
I'm not sure how much more content can be crammed into one game.
I'm all for more events and stuff, but espionage abilities would be a good start... better battle resolution and interface for sure... better research tree management, better pirate mechanics, etc.

Stellaris is still incredibly boring, imo. I have put in 50 hours and the game really drags in spots and some stuff just feels under developed. I prefer Distant Worlds far more than Stellaris, but I'm open minded and will keep at Stellaris... one of these DLC will eventually make the game fun.

Man I tried to like Distant Worlds but I can't read the interface on my monitor. The text is too small. And I can't seem to find anything that will actually scale it.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?
That's probably the game's biggest complaint. I don't have any issues, but I do have to squint to read some things with my 20/20 vision. I believe the Bacon Mod changes the font to make it more readable, but that is not an easy mod to install. I'm sure Distant Worlds 2 will fix this problem.

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Plans
2. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Plans Apr 23, 2018, 10:49 BIGtrouble77

My last game I hit a guy point blank in the head with a sawed off shotgun, somehow he survived it with his level 3 helmet and killed me. Looking forward to this change.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced
3. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced Apr 23, 2018, 10:45 BIGtrouble77

Darks wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:23:
I'm not sure how much more content can be crammed into one game.
I'm all for more events and stuff, but espionage abilities would be a good start... better battle resolution and interface for sure... better research tree management, better pirate mechanics, etc.

Stellaris is still incredibly boring, imo. I have put in 50 hours and the game really drags in spots and some stuff just feels under developed. I prefer Distant Worlds far more than Stellaris, but I'm open minded and will keep at Stellaris... one of these DLC will eventually make the game fun.

News Comments > PUBG Getting Map Selection
4. Re: PUBG Getting Map Selection Apr 19, 2018, 16:35 BIGtrouble77

Why do you guys assume cheating is such a problem? Do you have proof? I found that the kill cam pretty much documents how much I suck.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2018, 11:18 BIGtrouble77

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 10:42:
Gee, AMD, you sure seem mad that nVidia is profitable and you are not. Gsync costs money to develop and to manufacture. Should they just give the hardware away for free or at a loss? You of course NEED to take a loss on lots of shit because nobody will buy your products otherwise. nVidia has the superior product and they know it, so of course they're going to capitalize on that. That's why it's called business. That's why it's called capitalism. AMD, shut the fuck up until you can start being competitive. It just makes you look like a bunch of whiny bitches. >_<

I miss ATI.

Couple facts... AMD's profits are up. AMD offers Freesync as an open standard for free. Nvidia is using partner programs in bad faith to coerce hardware manufacturers to not produce AMD-based products.

NVidia is trying to take a shortcut here to undermine competition. If their product is that much superior then they should not have to resort to these shenanigans.

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
7. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 13, 2018, 11:37 BIGtrouble77

I was looking at AMD CPU a few months ago and I could not find one without a wraith cooler included. I had a build planned with a water cooler and didn't want to pay the garbage OEM cooler tax. I figured that the majority of users buying individual CPUs would rather use the cooler of their choice, but I guess I've been proven wrong.  

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
22. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 11, 2018, 15:00 BIGtrouble77

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 12:35:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 12:24:
I can't stand it when people assume I'm playing Battlefield 1 at 2pm.

LOLZ ... ironically BF1 is not even on Steam but on Origin and the Origin client has had an invisible mode since launch (or shortly thereafter).

I know, you probably added it as a non-Steam game or just gave it as an example w/o considering that BF1 is not even on Steam. However, ESPECIALLY with regard to BF1, it would be easy as pie to play it "anonymously" because it's on Origin that's had a freakin' invisible mode for years already.

Good point, BF1 was a bad example. I was trying to remember one of the games he plays and forgot that one was not Steam. He would be playing PUBG, Assassin's Creed games (uplay through steam), Ultimate General Civil War, etc.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
5. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Apr 11, 2018, 12:35 BIGtrouble77

Did the kickstarter come before or after Paradox had publish rights?  

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
6. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 11, 2018, 12:24 BIGtrouble77

I just want to be able to not display as online without going into offline mode (which is a huge inconvenience). Between the groups I'm in and having to appear to work that I'm not gaming during the day (I'm not), I have to go through so many hoops. Since my son and I share our gaming computer, I can't stand it when people assume I'm playing Battlefield 1 at 2pm.  

News Comments > Razer Game Store Launches
1. Re: Razer Game Store Launches Apr 6, 2018, 11:00 BIGtrouble77

I'm all for more competition in the business of selling Steam keys.  

762 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo