Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 4227 (Master)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2015, 19:45  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 19:44:
Also, I've been assured that Matt Damon's character does not encounter a cobra-like Martian alien, try to befriend it, and have it kill him by slithering down his throat.

Spoiler!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2015, 10:43  Blue 

RoboNerd wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 09:43:
Rhialto wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 20:19:
I protest, please Blue link to his YouTube video!

I second the motion...

I'll post the email reply I sent Rhialto about this:

Relax, nobody is stealing anything, Videosift embedded his video. There is nothing about this that cheats him out of views or revenue.

VideoSift is doing him a favor by spreading his reach, and that is where I spotted the video, so they deserve their link too.

You can read about this here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/132596?hl=en

"Only YouTube and the video owner will earn revenue from ads on embedded videos; the site owner where the video is embedded will not earn a share. You can track earnings for embedded videos in AdSense, as you would for videos earning revenue on YouTube.com."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
183. Re: The End is Near for SC and CIG scam Oct 1, 2015, 17:37  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 17:32:
escapistmagazine.com articles view video-games features 14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

for every space put a / , I have not figured out the wizardry for posting long urls unless it's like this http://bit.ly/1JGDSxA

Behold my wizardry!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

117. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 17:43  Blue 

Zor wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 17:09:
Sad to see a post this disingenuous here... of course it would be posted in the most sensational, anti-CIG, anti-SC way possible. *sigh*

Disingenuous?

You make me want to actually write up a sample of this in a "sensational, anti-CIG, anti-SC way" just so you can see how neutral it actually is.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding
7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding Sep 30, 2015, 15:38  Blue 

Darks wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:04:
Dang Blues, you stiffed me on the prop for sending you the news on this.

This was a press release from Larian. Thank you though.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 09:09  Blue 

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 09:03:
You're enjoying this, aren't you, Blue?

I guess I understand how you could think that being appealing for clickbait and such, but it's really the opposite. I loved the first two Wing Commander games so much that I would love a modernized version of them. Also, I think if this project collapses on itself as some think, it will be a blow to PC gaming in general, space sims in particular, and could poison the waters for future large-scale projects on Kickstarter.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2015, 07:29  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 07:05:
Does anyone know why the Pigskins Pick'em page is showing dashes through the week 2 result?

Everyone's worst week is discarded.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Op Ed
123. Re: Op Ed Sep 28, 2015, 11:34  Blue 

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:48:
Derek Smart whining about a game taking too long and underdelivering is classic projection when you look at the shit he peddles. Here's a reminder in case anyone is unaware of how shit Derek Smart's games are. He is the least credible person in the industry to criticise Star Citizen and it's disappointing that Blue is giving him attention.

It's no surprise to see it was Kxmode who linked to the article, given his zealotic hatred of the game. Apparently he has nothing better to do with his life than bash the game - I almost pity him that this is the only thing that brings him enjoyment. At least with Derek Smart it's an egotistical attempt to get more attention and sales for his game - he's an asshat but he doesn't pretend to be anything but.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2015, 10:09  Blue 

nin wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 09:50:
I've watched the sunfish video at least 5 times now, and it never gets old. Reminds me of the old Adam Sandler albums and the accents he'd do...

Coworker and I both had tears running down the face yesterday, we were laughing so hard...

If I watch it again I want to catalog everything he identified it as along the way (sea turtle, baby whale, tuna, flounder, etc.). I also love how he alternates between saying they should try to help it and they should try to kill it and get rich.

Also, is the name of their boat actually the "Sea Bro?" It just gets better and better.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

10. Re: Florida Man Sep 23, 2015, 16:01  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 15:28:
TheLeech wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:03:
Is it news if it happened 11 years ago?

Hmm, now I'm all curious.

It was a story about a puppy managing to shoot the guy who was trying to shoot some puppies. The Register linked it, and I got it from them not noticing it was old. They've pulled their story now too.

My eventual recollection that this may have been posted here at the time turns out to have
been accurate. The CNN story I linked at the time is gone, but The Register's link was to this AP story which is still online.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2015, 13:01  Blue 

ItBurn wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 11:45:
Um, Blue.

I'm sometimes getting pretty weird ads from your site. A hidden ad that blasts speech at high volume and another add that tries to send me to some other site with a popup. I feel like I'm on a pirate website.

I apologize. Such problems stem from a service being used here that allows ads to be sold at auction. The good news is that this has increased the rate they draw, but the bad news is it is being glitchy.

As you can probably see, there's nothing shady about the products and services being sold, but there is something odd going on where ads refresh themselves and sometimes play sound. I am assured that these problems have been mostly worked out, and are in the midst of being eradicated for good.

I am sorry for any problems you are still encountering as these issues are being dealt with. I hope you can be patient if it happens again, and if I can further impose, I'm told it can help accelerate clearing things up if we can offer specifics on what ads are misbehaving, either by identifying the product, or the URL the ad points to.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Florida Man Sep 23, 2015, 10:07  Blue 

TheLeech wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:03:
Is it news if it happened 11 years ago?

I missed that... Not sure why the Register just posted that. I pulled the link. Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned here at the time, too.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2015, 13:02  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 12:59:
Hey Blue,

How do you handle connectivity issues? Do you tether to your phone? Do you grab a laptop and go to Starbucks? I have to work from home sometimes, so I'm curious how you handle it.

Well as my update impies, I usually don't experience them. In this case I probably would have indeed tethered my phone if the problem persisted, but thankfully it didn't come to that.

I used to have two ISPs to cover emergencies, but after I went a couple of years without needing a backup, I dropped one of them.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2015, 08:19  Blue 

Krovven wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 22:36:
Anyone getting phishing popups on Blues today? Browsing on my phone and today is the first times it's happened, but now it's happened 4 times today and it's not happening on any other sites using my phone.

3 more times while trying to make this post. Seems to be a lot of banking and financing ads on the site today. Usually gaming related ads is it not?

Really sorry about that... Hopefully this has been taken care of already.

Please let me know if you see it again.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Into the Black Sep 18, 2015, 11:12  Blue 

eDave wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 03:46:
Augh. So hard being a Chiefs fan.

My sympathies. That was painful to watch.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 10:23  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 10:21:
Man, that game was pretty crazy last night. Gotta' hand it to San Fran's D, they were monstrously good. Vikes just couldn't seem to capitalize on anything.

10 carries for A.D.? I don't even know what to say about that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 10:30  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 09:46:
How 'bout them Cowboys!

Saved one of my picks in my last man standing league.

Bad pass interference call against DRC, bad playcalling to not run on third down, and poor decision making under pressure by Eli to not take a sack on that play when it went bad. Giants let a chance for a great opening day victory slip through their fingers.

But you knew what I would say already... I appreciate the sadism in your question.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 19:37  Blue 

Jivaro wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 19:17:
When a tragedy of the magnitude of 9/11 occurs it is only natural for it to be scrutinized from beginning to end and it is only natural for people of various different beliefs, cultures, and political stances to reach different conclusions when presented with the same facts, statistics, probabilities, and speculation.

All of that said, none of that changes the fact that the victims of that day deserve at least one day, where we remember them and them only. Not a day where we argue about who was responsible, not a day where we debate the same theories we can debate on any other day, and certainly not a day where we display our division rather than our unity. One day to simply remember the victims seems not just the respectful thing to do, it's the right thing to do.

Quote what you want Cutter, it's the Internet and nobody ever wins an Internet argument. Just know that for people who either don't believe in the conspiracies or just want to focus on the lost, your quoted links will fall on deaf ears today. They might have looked yesterday, they might have looked tomorrow, but that isn't what today is for. The day of the tragedy belongs to the victims and their loved ones who grieve for them.

Well said.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2015, 07:58  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 19:06:
That's awesome.

I agree completely.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 07:46  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 07:04:
Even if Brady told the equipment guys to reduce the inflation of the footballs. The fact that it didn't help Brady's performance kind of nullifies most of the reason for any discipline.

I feel like posting that by itself doesn't even require a rebuttal, it just collapses under the weight of its own logic.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4227 Comments. 212 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo